Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
That guy is a loving moron, and I'm glad he got brought up on explosives charges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Username+Post content serendipity.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

You can't timg that stuff, nor do the forums play well with .gifv's

E: just drop the url in your post without any tags, and make sure it's an .mp4

spookykid has a new favorite as of 01:47 on Sep 20, 2019

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

JoelJoel posted:

Works fine on mobile and only grandpas use a browser.

get off my loving lawn then

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Yes, and if you'll go ahead and unmute the video of the truck drifting, you might be amazed at what you find.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Not sure this is strictly the right thread but I suppose ominous is at least a close cousin of badass

https://twitter.com/AramShabanian/status/1234167444714819584?s=20

This is uncomfortably good.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

dpack_1 posted:

WWII Was, in my opinion, the last time the absolute TOP medals of whatever branch of military from whatever country the allies offered, should have been awarded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Benavidez#6_Hours_in_Hell

Dude, armed with a knife and a medic bag, manages to save a heavily wounded fireteam, holds off the attacking force, gets wounded so badly they think he's dead and only gets the MOH because 12 years later the only other surviving member of the whole shitshow reads an account of the stuff in a Fiji newspaper and goes "hey wait a minute".

They thought the dude was dead and as they were bagging him up in the transport chopper he spit blood in the medic's face.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

already deleted/behind friends-only wall

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I also love the way online shopping has widened the variety of stuff you can get in food deserts. Like I used to have to go 3 towns over to a little asian grocery to find certain sauces and whatnot. Now I cn just click a few buttons and not have to worry if the one spot I could get it before still stocks it and is open on a sunday.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I saw shock diamonds out of 4 GE-102's with my own eyes for the first time at the age of 22 and I had an honest-to-god religious experience, and I was wearing double hearing protection at the time. I was nearly a thousand meters away, and you could feel the reverberations through your chest. I almost fainted. It was an experience.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Alternative pants posted:

I was fortunate enough to watch a B-1 do a max power take off at Tinker AFB several years back and it's everything you describe and then some.

I live about 20 miles away from the base now and can still hear the big jets taking off every so often.

Haha that's where I was for that nearly 20 years ago. Near the building 3001 complex. If you ever get the chance to tour 3001, do it. It's a helluva complex.

spookykid has a new favorite as of 07:03 on Sep 4, 2021

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Mike Myers those scabs.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
:catstare: that pyroclastic flow... go get out of there, that parking lot is bad news

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Android Apocalypse posted:

Also :lol: I forgot we have a Chloe emoji :chloe:.

My one contribution to the forums

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Robobot posted:

Where can I buy an attack tortoise?

So... uh... that tortoise is not attacking in the most typical sense of the word. It's trying to mate with what it sees as another tortoise.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Robobot posted:

Now you need to go try pancit.

With like 4-6 lumpia.

Half my old workforce was Filipino and going to family parties with them I swear has taken 7-10 years off my life.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I am very sorry I started this derail, can we go back to talking about how good lumpia and pancit are when eaten in moderation?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Cat Hatter posted:

Only if you can properly describe to me how delicious they are.

Lumpia: think of the crunchiest most flavorful eggroll you've ever gotten from an americanized chinese place, then make it 1/4 to 1/3 the diameter so all of everything gets cooked at the same time in hot oil, no sogginess and the outer wrap becomes like a fresh-fried Mexican tortilla chip.

Pancit: think of really good americanized chow mein, but add more garlic, more cabbage, and a add a Filipino take on chorizo or slow-marinade chicken.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ive never had them but man I love freezing eggrolls for a snack.

If you know someone with a Costco membership, you can often get a huge batch of the pre-frozen lumpia in their freezer section. Air-fryering them as mentioned above provides a delicious but decidedly unhealthy snack.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Milo and POTUS posted:

Go man go!

That is a mullet right?

What's the tune

A sped up version of KORDHELL - MURDER IN MY MIND:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj4RfirEoQQ

basically all of Kordhell's stuff is :discourse:

Adbot