Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah Birthday Boys has pretty consistently been getting better and better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
This is one of my favorite sketches of theirs if you're on the fence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPF4zaGfisI

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My favorite Birthday Boys sketches, the ones that make me laugh uncontrollably, are the documentary with the rock stars discussing their old blues and folk influences, and the never-ending parade of cheesy characters in "All Your Favorites Are Back." The latter reminds me of a Simpsons gag from the show's '90s heyday.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Yeah, the "All your favorites are back!" list just keeps going and going and going, and remains pretty funny throughout.

I like the Birthday Boys, but I still wish there'd be a new season of Mr. Show.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

My favorite is the pioneer of aviation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_GUEuEDgOc

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

wall f. tompkins

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I was pleased to see Fourvel.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So the latest episode with Eric Andre was pretty incredible.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah it might be the best episode they've done.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

In case anyone in this thread doesn't know, Reggie has signed on to be the bandleader for the new Late Late Show, meaning he'll be leaving CBB sometime in next year's run. Aukerman has said the new bandleader has already been chosen.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I hope it's Jenny Lewis again.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I hope something insane happens and it's like Donald Fagen.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Bown posted:

So the latest episode with Eric Andre was pretty incredible.

Eric Andre, in general, is incredible. This episode was destined to be amazing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I agree (love his show) but honestly the only weak part was that Andre didn't really get a lot to do.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Gonz posted:

I like the Birthday Boys, but I still wish there'd be a new season of Mr. Show.
Yesterday:

The 20th anniversary is in November, so...reunion stage tour maybe?

That show has a better track record percentage-wise for launching successful careers than basically any other ensemble sketch show ever. Even Ennis is turning up in stuff lately.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
After finally giving the show a shot randomly on netflix last weekend, I am almost entirely caught up for the start of the new season (I have the three newest episodes from December to go through).

The show just keeps on getting better and better. From cakeboss to them having the Phantom of the Opera do his own version of the Spiderman musical number from broadway, its been fantastic. I have to say my favorite segment was where Horatio Sanz plays the guy with the anti bullying charity. I couldn't stop laughing when he was describing how sometimes he mixes up the charities and accidentally gives the bullies foot massages.

I also love all of Andrew Daly's characters.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Havoc904 posted:

I have to say my favorite segment was where Horatio Sanz plays the guy with the anti bullying charity. I couldn't stop laughing when he was describing how sometimes he mixes up the charities and accidentally gives the bullies foot massages.

If you're not familiar with the podcast, that is a highly condensed/slightly revised version of a character he originally did there. Pretty much all of his appearances on the podcast are fantastic, and I'd really like to see a couple of his other characters show up on the TV show someday (Shelly Driftwood and Dave "Chico" Davis first and foremost.)

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I find Reddit exceptionally difficult to read, but Hot Saucerman did an AMA today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2ro2qs/scott_aukerman_host_of_comedy_bang_bang/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Season four starts tonight, so this is now the season four thread as well.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
That kid looks frighteningly like Dax Shepherd

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Who was the actress who played the FBI agent? She looked really familiar.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Davros1 posted:

Who was the actress who played the FBI agent? She looked really familiar.

Deanna Russo. She's been in a bunch of things that film in Vancouver (Being Human is where I know her from).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I recognized her from Burning Love, which I would assume a number of people interested in this show have also checked out.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Deadpool posted:

I recognized her from Burning Love, which I would assume a number of people interested in this show have also checked out.

Yup, that's where I recognize her from.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Birthday Boys has been cancelled :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

tnimark posted:

I'm so loving mad right now. gently caress you IFC.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

tnimark posted:

Goddamnit sonofabitch. The second season was so good, too.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
That sucks. I loved the Birthday Boys.

Favorite sketches? The one that I've watched dozens of times, that cracks me up every time, is the documentary about the rock stars discussing their favorite old blues and folk songs. I'm also a sucker for "Goldhoff and Steinstein," especially how enthusiastic Mike Mitchell was the entire time.

My wife doesn't appreciate their humor at all (or Comedy Bang Bang, for that matter), but I'm really down about the cancellation.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

My wife doesn't appreciate their humor at all (or Comedy Bang Bang, for that matter), but I'm really down about the cancellation.

Sounds like something else needs to be cancelled.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
I've always been partial to the really emo band playing a song, and the drummer hijacking the video to sing about Keeping the Beat.

I liked the latest episode of Comedy Bang Bang. Even when I think the show is a bit lackluster (which this one was not) I still love it completely.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Schoolboy Q didn't seem particularly game for this show, but the whole Associate Professor Ecks' Men bit saved the episode. Well, that, and the camera cutting away from Aaron Neville every time he got close to breaking. Love Horatio.

I'll miss The Birthday Boys. The "Starwars" clips from this season were hilarious.

Maybe they can be Reggie's replacement!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Women Are Funny is one of my favorite sketch show eps ever. This sucks, they really found their groove this season.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Eddie George surprised me. Fun dude.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, Eddie George was one of the best non comedy guests ever. He was fantastic.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He looked so tickled by everything, it was really adorable. Wasn't the funniest episode ever but he was awesome, and the opening titles had me losing it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I've started to go back and listen to the podcasts because I never did and I noticed some had videos on youtube grouped with the Earwolf channel. Is there a list somewhere of which ones are on video because they're all mixed in with the other Earwolf podcasts. I'd much rather watch the video than just listen to the podcast on itunes.

Tegan and Sankara
May 4, 2009

So tonight's guest, Kid Cudi, will be Reggie's replacement from July.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

ChesterJT posted:

I've started to go back and listen to the podcasts because I never did and I noticed some had videos on youtube grouped with the Earwolf channel. Is there a list somewhere of which ones are on video because they're all mixed in with the other Earwolf podcasts. I'd much rather watch the video than just listen to the podcast on itunes.
I think Earwolf only tried video podcasts for various shows for a short time 1-2 years ago, so apart from the 5 or so full eps on their Youtube page there aren't any.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Illinois Smith posted:

I think Earwolf only tried video podcasts for various shows for a short time 1-2 years ago, so apart from the 5 or so full eps on their Youtube page there aren't any.
The one with Cake Boss, Doug Benson, and Steven Yun is definitely worth watching all the way through. Could be because Cake Boss is my favorite CBB character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Illinois Smith posted:

Which is a shame, as they were really fun to watch.

• Locked thread