Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Emanuel Collective posted:

Carlos Boozer + the 16th & 19th picks for the 8th pick. Everybody wins!

So many overpaid PFs.

The first real rumor after the lottery was that they're shopping the Sacramento pick for a a vet with leadership experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

chunkles posted:

I assume that vet will also be a point guard they will start ahead of Isaiah Thomas for Reasons.

Marcus Smart come on down!!! We really need a mini-Tyreke back on this team.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Pretty sure the "not submitting medical records" issue is being misrepresented. They didn't submit med records to the combine and the story has grown and spread with people leaving out the last few words: "to the combine". They'll definitely submit to at least a basic med exam, at least for Cleveland, Milwaukee, and Philly. None of the top 3 would risk drafting a 7 footer with a history of back injuries without that exam, especially when guys like Exum/Vonleh/Smart/Randle are available.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

MourningView posted:

That is true, I forgot they have literally no shooters. But maybe Embiid and then like Stauskas or something.

If #3 is Embiid or Parker, I'd want James Young or Rodney Hood before Stauskas.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

MourningView posted:

He's a way better shooter than Young, and Hood might actually be more one dimensional.

I'm not sure how big that discrepancy will be in the NBA , although Stauskas did have a nice vert measurement at the combine. I'm kind of the same opinion about Hood, but he surprised me with his athleticism during the tournament.

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 21, 2014

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Jabari workout video is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSDl9JF5hvU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

euphronius posted:

I guess chad Ford is saying in an article that Wiggins is #3 for the cavs and bucks.

Please God...

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

kiimo posted:

I know some Sixer fans that are furiously publicly masturbating right now, which would be an anomaly in most cities not named Philadelphia.

I am guilty of this.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

DOOP posted:

"And with the third pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia 76ers select..."

Wait, whats happening? Who's coming up on stage. BAH GOD, THATS EVAN TURNER'S MUSIC :vince:

:smith:

WHAT IS THIS!?!?!?!? Charles Barkley just crawled out from underneath the podium and dropped Evan Turner across the head with a folding chair right as he was accepting the Sixers hat from Commissioner Silver!

The crowd is going crazy! Oh wait! Dan Gilbert's son has just bitten Mickey Arison on the...on the... crotch? My god he's gone feral! Arison and Turner are both on the ground. Turner is motionless; Arison is screaming like a horse in pain. There is blood everywhere!

It's pandemonium! The crowd is rioting! I haven't seen anything like this since the Vancouver Canucks lost in the NHL finals. I think that I just caught a glimpse of Metta World Peace punching Keith Closs.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Jota posted:

I keep going back and forth on who I want the Sixers to take with their second pick if they don't get Wiggins between Gary Harris and Stauskas. I've really started to like Stauskas a lot though and he'd be great next to MCW

I watched a handful of Stauskas vids after Morningview talked him up and he's the real deal. I wanted James Young before, but I'm conflicted now. I'm not a fan of Harris due because of the height issues.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

Gary Harris is like 6'4 he'll be fine

With shoes. He's a good player, but he's kind of small for a NBA-calibre starting SG. Out of the top 15 SGs in the draft he ranks 14/15 for wingspan, 15/15 for standing reach, and 12/15 for height.

I don't think he's that much better than Stauskas, Young, Lavine, Hairston, etc. that the absence of size/length can be ignored.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

BIZORT posted:

Wade is 6'4 after you fudge the numbers a bit and he's arguably the best two guard in the east. If he can get his shot off then he's fine

Wade has a 7 foot wingspan. There's a reason he's one of the best shot-blocking SGs ever.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

I'm not arguing that Harris won't be okay/good. :Sixers: I just don't want to spend a #10 on him in this draft when there's half a dozen other picks who are arguably better prospects and TYoung, 5 second round picks, and cap space as incentive to trade up or trade for future picks.

I think the trading for future picks is an option for the 76ers that's been ignored. Options get restricted if you have to consider contracts for Noel/MCW, #3/#10, and whatever happens in 2015 in consecutive years. Cap space rules and that's 5-6 players you have to sign, who prossibly could be really good, and it's a 3 year time span. That's a lot of $/risk in a short-term period.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Ty1990 posted:

After hearing we may want to give up 3/10 to get 1 and take Wiggins, I didn't feel it was worth it. But whoever made the very simple yet true statement of "The Sixers have a poo poo ton of young players already" pretty much sold me with one post that it'd be worth it.

Everyone's ignoring the fact that this is coming out of the mouth of Anthony Gargano.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Rick posted:

Yeah I was actually confusing them for the Pelicans who need another guard. Ugh I'm going to do that a lot for a while.

The Sixers have the former Hornets/now Pelicans #10 and every time I see "Hornets #9" I'm puzzled for a few seconds.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Randle will need foot surgery after draft; will be out for ~2 months.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

jimcunningham posted:

Why? Workout you pussy. Why are some of these guys such primadonnas?

He supposedly has a Marinovich-esque father who controls everything and really wants him in LA or NYC.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

DOOP posted:

Philly is a important city too. We have lots of history and stuff. Why does no one ever want to demand to play in Philly?

:(

Maybe Wiggins/Parker+Noel+MCW will change that :)

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Cigar Aficionado posted:

The 76ers are putting insane pressure on themselves by coveting Wiggins so highly so openly.

Apparently Embiid's failed medical was a clever ruse by the Cavaliers to acquire picks and still draft Embiid: http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/17301146-embiids-medical-red-flags-could-be-a-smokescreen-by-cavaliers

So I guess he's good to go and will be the #1 pick?

The "Embiid had a bad workout" meme was put out by Tony Rizzo, a Cleveland sports radio persona who's been very anti-Embiid. Everything probably depends on how much the Cavs/Bucks want to win in the next 2-3 seasons. There's also been a couple of stories floating around about how the Bucks wouldn't mind pairing up Antetokounmpo and Wiggins so I think teams/agents are just floating poo poo out there in the media to see what they can get.

The only thing anyone knows is that no one knows anything.

Oh god, I'm channeling Donald Rumsfeld.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

gently caress. Sixers can't catch a break :( Looking forward to another decade of meiocrity.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

morestuff posted:

They'll probably be ok. From the latest Woj article:

Three top-10 picks in a deep draft wouldn't be a bad place to start a rebuild.

In theory I'd love a Exum, Vonleh, McDermott haul. Problem is that's a lot of contracts to deal with all at one time when their rookie contracts expire.

Hinkie was pretty adamant about not getting a third 2014 first rounder, but that was before this so we'll see what happens.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

MourningView posted:

I think the story is that he stopped working out and his agent hinted that he had a promise in the mid-lottery, but he never actually had one.

It was this. The funniest thing is that Waiters even came out the day before the draft and admitted that there was no promise. The Cavs, being the Cavs, still took him.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

I should hope not. I just don't like guys presenting themselves as authorities on injuries when they aren't medical professionals. I don't claim to know a ton about feet injuries but everything I've read would suggest that it's something he can recover from, which might be at odds with Kevin Pelton's anecdotal evidence but probably has more weight to it

The medical literature that I've read says that there's only a 26% full recovery rate, but who knows.

It may not be a death sentence on his career, but it's not a good thing considering his other injury.

I'm curious as to how long medical doctors think he's had this injury. Was he beasting in workouts with this injury? It was supposedly an exam from the Cav's docs that revealed it.

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 20, 2014

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

chilihead posted:

Someone tell me a scenario where they don't take wiggins, even if it is just to trade for veteran talent. The possibility of trade happening in the top 3 is almost a sure thing now.

Kyrie won't re-sign unless they're going to "win now". Lebron will only re-sign if there's the championship possibility and someone like Exum/Love/blahblahblah in combo with Kyrie fulfills that role better in the opinion of Cavs management.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

kiimo posted:

Anthony Bennett and Jabari Parker are going to be the best teammates. They'll bond at the drive-thru and have a running tally on three-point attempts like Gimli and Legolas only it'll be more like Gimli and Gimli.

He isn't raw.

Dude has been playing ball for a grand total of 4 years.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Hand Row posted:

General consensus is the Bucks would take Parker over Wiggins so you don't even have to worry if that situation develops. As a Bucks fan I am hoping Cleveland takes Parker so the Bucks get Wiggins. Either way thank jesus the Bucks did not get the third or fourth pick this year.
:RealGM:
What about trading Mayo and the #2 for Thad Young, the #3, and the #32?

TY has an opt out after next season that he'll probably exercise so he's potentially cheaper than Mayo, who's locked in for the next 2 seasons and he's a lot better than Ilyasova who've they've wanted to dump for a while and most likely is gone in the next few months. Take Thanisis with the 32.

i.e. Exum, Thad Young, Thianis v Wiggins.
:RealGM:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Ty1990 posted:

So my Wiggins dreams are probably dead unless:

- Cleveland takes Parker, and then the Bucks go Exum. Unlikely, but people say that MIL loves Exum and it fits a position of need.

I'm praying so this is hopeful, but:

1. Considering their skill-sets right now, why play Giannis at the 3 with Wiggins at the 2 with no PG to feed either one?

2. If you want to stick Wiggins at the 3 and play Giannis as a Durant-esque 4 for large parts of the game, does that seem reasonable in terms of having Sanders, Henson, Ilyasova, Pachulia already in the front-court in the immediate future.

• Locked thread