Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

Oh okay, let's not scout at all and just draw names out of a hat. It's a crapshoot!!!!

Worked for the Browns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Well Noah Vonleh certainly helped himself with that wingspan, 7'4" will help make up for him being only 6'8"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Its more of so that we can compare his ridiculous numbers to other people for the next decade

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm assuming most of the top prospects wussed out of doing the athletic tests?

None of Parker, Wiggins, or Embiid attended the combine. I also, think athleticism tests are on the second day

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Fisticuffs posted:

There is a huge difference in the level of skill Jabari has right now and the level of skill Wiggins has right now, did you watch them in college?

I will also say in Wiggins defense that he played in an offensive system that didn't really allow him to iso or be a primary ball handler, so its hard to judge where his skill in those categories really stands

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

vegaji posted:

I really wish that Wiggins did the combine

quote:

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider

The picture of Andrew Wiggins vert jump floating around? His agent, Bill Duffy, told me it's a 44 inch vert.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
God dammit, the Lakers are gonna draft Aaron Gordon, aren't they?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

thegoonofaudio posted:

I don't believe in the rigging stuff but maybe they should have rules in place to prevent stuff like this (though it's not gonna happen, a lot of people like the randomness), like if your draft pick was top 3 you can't have a top 3 pick the next year (even if your top 3 pick the previous year wasn't yours but was traded to another team). Just a speculation not saying it's a good idea at all just an idea. There's just so many injustices lol.

Last time a team got the #1 two years in a row, they made significant changes to how the lottery worked, so its not unprecedented

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

No one ever seriously thought that Jonas wouldn't come over, everyone just knew it would take a year.

Yeah, everyone knew he was coming over. Before the draft, everyone expected Cleveland to take him, but there was some concern about them not wanting to wait a year

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Mr. Onslaught posted:

Based my extensive research of watching three Parker/Wiggins/Embiid ten minute videos (the most anyone should waste on college "basketball") it looks like Wiggins should go first and it's not even close

Wiggins is really good, and if he had gone to Duke/UNC/Kentucky/Western Utah Polytech or any school that actually let wings handle the ball and create, it wouldn't be close. Bill Self is a great coach, but he has a system and it is not going to make any SG/SF look good.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Doltos posted:

Excluding Embiid, how likely are some of the lottery guys gonna bust at the next level? Who has the bustiest profile?

Aaron Gordon voted most likely to be a bust by his classmates

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Douche4Sale posted:

Gordon's my pick for the current group. He just never impressed me, especially when I saw him live. Personally, I'm just glad Lavine isn't predicted to be a lottery pick anymore. That easily would have been my #1 candidate for bust.

I have a couple friends on facebook who are obsessed with the Lakers taking Lavine. Yeah, a PG who can't pass and wasn't all that efficient in college. Sure sounds like a franchise savior :ughh:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

This is honestly my first time seeing him, wow that's definitely a reason to be a top 3 pick. That's a really smooth jumper.

The fun thing watching him last year was seeing him improve week to week. Like if hosed while being double teamed, within a game or two he would be ready for it and make the right pass out of it. I seriously can't say I've seen a guy who clearly improved as quickly and noticeably as he did last year.

EDIT:

quote:

chadfordinsider Chad Ford
Wiggins' workout was great. Working on keeping low, small tweaks to his 3-shot, terrific midrange game + craziest athlete in draft

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 25, 2014

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

mynameisjohn posted:

randle is more of a salisbury steak in this posters opinion

wiggins is tempura lobster

embiid is white truffles

parker is creme brûlée

aaron gordon is hot wings

I think Embiid is Scallops. If prepared properly, they're amazing. If you gently caress up, they lovely little hockey pucks.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

BIZORT posted:

Orlando worked out Marcus Smart for a second time. God loving damnit

Please draft him and let Exum fall to us, thanks in advanced

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

It's interesting that the Lakers didn't workout Randle because it seemed like he was a lock to go top 5 but with Vonleh and Gordon apparently jumping I think they might have a shot at him after all. I wouldn't mind that.

I'm not sure if Randle has worked out for anyone yet

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

big boi posted:

My question was more about how he got to be regarded as a good prospect in the first place. All I ever hear about Exum is that there's no tape on him. When you wrote that he's really athletic, that was the first time I'd read that. That's an answer to my question.

He isn't a Darko in that there is no tape on him, its just that there is limited tape, especially for people don't have scouting departments to send to Australia. He got on the map by playing extremely well at the by playing really well in the FIBA under 17 and under 19 tournaments, as well as the Nike hoops summit.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The "Embiid had a bad workout" meme was put out by Tony Rizzo, a Cleveland sports radio persona who's been very anti-Embiid. Everything probably depends on how much the Cavs/Bucks want to win in the next 2-3 seasons. There's also been a couple of stories floating around about how the Bucks wouldn't mind pairing up Antetokounmpo and Wiggins so I think teams/agents are just floating poo poo out there in the media to see what they can get.

The only thing anyone knows is that no one knows anything.

Oh god, I'm channeling Donald Rumsfeld.

Embiid definitely qualifies as a known unkown

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

That video didn't do much to make me think one way or the other about Exum but Smart's defensive technique is really refined.

Randle's workout with the Lakers was impressive according this to Kentucky website: http://kysportsconnection.com/julius-randle-nba-draft-workout-la-lakers/

Here is the jumpshooting portion of his workout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4KhsqCdOvw

I do love that the Lakers are letting so many cameras into these workouts, so we can see past some of the BS

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Spacebump posted:

edit: beaten

Why would he not attend the draft unless he dropped really far?

Because he would be recovering and it probably looks bad to have to hobble up to the commissioner on crutches

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

kiimo posted:

Well it was a pipe dream anyway because I want Embiid on the Lakers and I'm not even a Laker fan. The truth is the Lakers don't have poo poo, are poo poo. Just look at this link.

Kobe's contract is just unreal.

Hey, its only 25 mil next season :shobon:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

We are a week out and no one has any idea.

And its not like last year where we had no idea because everyone was equally terrible

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

@ryenarussillo
More Embiid fallout. Lakers could move Nash and #7 to Philly for MCW and T Young. 76ers would take Exum at #3.

Embiid fallout is the best fallout

I can't say I'm super thrilled about this plan

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

They're not going to get Wiggins at 3. Best case is probably like Exum-Embiid-Stauskas/Harris or something like that. Or replace Embiid with Randle if they're scared off by his foot. The Lakers trading a lottery pick for MCW when his value is artificially inflated by being rookie of the year in a lovely class would be fun though, so I hope this happens.

I was really close to effort posting on another forum about how bad the trade would be for the Lakers, and not impossible steal for us. But I remembered that if the guy already thinks MCW is a top 5 pg, logic won't be able to get through.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

I've spent the last few days in Lakers places being bombarded with Smart to the point I passionately hate him now. Nobody ever says why either it's always "he's the perfect PG to play next to Kobe!!"

Becuase he's bold and scored a lot of points that one time and punched some guy in a game :haw: Just ignore the fact that his efficiency is abysmal and he can't distribute.

At this point, with how much everyone is predicting Randle to the Lakers, I am going to be so disappointing when he goes before them

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Libertine posted:

He's scoped the beer and sausage scene, he's ready to cash in and fill out. He's heard good things about the nightlife and 24 hour eateries from OJ Mayo.

"Its like living in Chicago, but without any pressure to win"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Unless Randle is paired with one of the 5 centers in the league who are a threat on offense other teams are going to just put a center on him and shut him down.

You could literally say that about any PF in the draft, its a really dumb argument

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

vegaji posted:

Holy poo poo I love Dario Saric too

https://vine.co/v/Mt0MvHE2ZQM

I didn't realize that Dario Saric was the guy making CityBound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
That Marcus Smart suit lining :wow:

• Locked thread