Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

ESPN is trying to crush my little Sixer hopes again.

Early reports have Cleveland wanting Joel Embiid and Milwaukee has always liked Parker a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Grit is always the answer.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

As a Sixers fan who should I want at 3? Embiid or Parker?

I thought Parker was the right choice at first but this thread is swaying my opinion.

This is assuming the Cavs and Bucks don't gently caress it up and pass on Wiggins.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

My disappointment in not getting #1 is fading after seeing more and more good things coming from Parker and Embiid. I've known how good those guys are for the entire season but between Embiid's back and Parker's defense I had fallen in love with Andrew Wiggins. Truth be told, I really think there are 3 superstars in this draft and the fact that the Sixers got into the top 3 (which in reality was only roughly a 50/50 chance) is reason to be happy enough.

I can't wait until next month.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I think Saric is the best fit in Philly as gay as it would be to wait an entire year for him to show up.

This Chad Ford poo poo is really getting my hopes up. I just know I'll be praying for Wiggins on draft night and end up somehow disappointed in Jabari Parker.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

That deal is a loving joke but is it really that much worse than Jrue Holliday for 2 top ten picks?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

It's happening Sixer fans. Have faith.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

After hearing we may want to give up 3/10 to get 1 and take Wiggins, I didn't feel it was worth it. But whoever made the very simple yet true statement of "The Sixers have a poo poo ton of young players already" pretty much sold me with one post that it'd be worth it.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Ford's mock draft today has the Sixers getting Wiggins and Randle. If only...

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Chad Ford also reported that Cleveland was "blown away" by Embiid's workout.

He's going to be the #1 pick and I'm fairly certain that a lot of people in this thread were on his bandwagon before the rest of the national media was. So props to those guys.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Son of a bitch.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Hand Row posted:

Not good news for Sixers fans I assume since they would want him to go 1 or 2.

Yup. This is pretty terrible. Only thing we can hope now is that Cleveland is willing to trade the pick and then choose between whose left of Parker/Exum at 3. Or maybe they still like Embiid enough that they'll trade the pick and get him at 3 anyway.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Count me on board for trading 3 and 10 for the first overall...

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

So my Wiggins dreams are probably dead unless:

- We overpay for the #1 pick (3/10/Thad). I know you guys think this is stupid but I think the dropoff between the first 2 guys in the draft and the rest of the field is steep as gently caress. I wouldn't complain about this.

- Cleveland takes Parker, and then the Bucks go Exum. Unlikely, but people say that MIL loves Exum and it fits a position of need.

- Cleveland takes Exum, MIL goes Parker. I know better; but I really can't see Cleveland loving this up again.

And that's pretty much it. Unless Orlando trades up and takes Exum at 1 which isn't going to happen. I guess I'll try to talk myself into liking Exum or convince myself that Embiid will be healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Adrian Wojnarowski posted:

Cleveland and Orlando nowhere on a possible deal for the No. 1 pick, team sources tell Yahoo Sports. "Total bullshit," one executive says.

• Locked thread