Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
I know the popular SAS hivemind thing is "lol cavs gonna gently caress up" but we do have a new GM finally who isn't Chris Grant or Danny Ferry. He did the Hawes trade which has worked out fairly well all things considered, and I'm pretty sure the entire town would riot if he traded that pick at this point since everyone wants Wiggins or Embiid based on what I'm reading. I think Wiggins would do more just because he's a more complete player right now and can be a perimeter defender for a team that sorely needs one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Rick posted:

Speaking of non-US players Exum is only working out for the top 4 teams. That seems kind of risky.

I had to watch my team draft Dion Waiters after he literally bluffed every lottery GM by doing that. It's fine if his agent is good. And really, he's on the prospect tier just below the big 3 (Embiid, Wiggins, Parker) but ahead of guys like Randle or Smart, so he's not risking much.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Rick posted:

Is he though? Gordon and Vonleh seem to be moving up and Randle and Smart have the "NBA ready" tags which might be more along the lines of what the Kings and Lakers are looking for. I would imagine he probably doesn't slide past the Hornets but that's a big money drop which matters for a guy who needs to contribute to a buyout to come over.

"NBA ready" is just as much a pejorative though as it is a compliment in that case. "NBA ready" means that yes, they have more complete games/builds, but they also have lower ceilings as a result, whereas raw guys like Exum are seen as a freakishly athletic canvas for a coach to paint and make dance for money. It's the good old floor/ceiling argument, just with different terminology.

The Kings need guards more than frontcourt as a whole at this point, and a tall guard to go with Thomas would make sense. That's why Smart makes sense there too.

Lakers...who the gently caress knows. They might draft Randle and try to win now. They might take Exum and have him try to learn from Kobe. Everyone likes to think they're in win-now because of Kobe, but Kobe doesn't run that front office.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

vegaji posted:

Cavs leaked a report that Embiid failed their physical to a Cleveland talk radio host. Now, Rotoworld ran a story that the Cavs actually cleared Embiid just fine and leaked that story to encourage the Bucks to take Parker #2 of they take the 76ers deal to trade up for Wiggins.

It's bunk. They wouldn't leak it to Rizzo. That would be like leaking Lebron's summer plans to Skip loving Bayless. Rizzo has been solidly in favor of the stupid "trade the pick for Kevin Love or for no. 3" bullshit, and it wouldn't be the first time he straight up lied to try to influence the events. He's widely regarded as one of the worst radio guys in Cleveland, and he's doing it for the headlines. The Cavs are bad at scouting, but they aren't suicidal like that.

• Locked thread