Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

WHAT

ESPN.com posted:

The Sacramento Kings have launched what is believed to be the NBA's first crowdsourcing program to help make their draft pick.

The Kings will seek analysis on players from the public and eventually select two people to be in their draft room when they make their pick on June 26. Essentially the Kings are looking for amateurs to offer their analytics ideas to the team for free and in return they will be granted access.

General manager Pete D'Alessandro announced the program, what the team calls Draft 3.0, as part of a Reddit Ask Me Anything chat on Friday. The team has launched a website where would be analysts will be asked to give rankings of draft prospects and their statistical methodology. Contestants are to use information from publicly available statistical databases to create their systems.

There is no promise of a long-term job with the Kings to the winner or winners of the program but it is rather clearly an effort by team owner Vivek Ranadive and D'Alessandro to find potentially unknown or untapped talent in the increasingly competitive field of basketball analytics.

Crowd-sourcing a draft pick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Time posted:

Nbadraft.net for hilarious ones
Darius Miles -> Tracy McGrady

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

MourningView posted:

Nothing will ever be funnier than that time nbadraft.net compared DeShawn Stevenson to Michael Jordan.
Their Mike Miller to Lamar Odom comparison was pretty funny too.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...el-sam-coverage
marshall henderson
@NativeFlash22
One of my best friends, WHO IS GAY, is about to graduate in psychology, asked me to say these things so he can have responses ... TBC

The point of his study was to see how people react when others say things or act a certain way against another group of people ... TBC

He chose gays because of how he relates to it and has to live it EVERYDAY of his life ... He asked me because he knew I would get incredible

As far as what I said, Totally was 100% for the project ... as far as my ACTUAL views - its irrelevant because its gonna happen regardless!

Sorry for messing with everyone like that!!! Everyone really helped my boy AND FOR THAT WE ARE EXTREMELY APPRECIATIVE!!!
This being Marshall Henderson it wouldn't surprise me to find out that he was actually telling the truth.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The new Joel Embiid player comp at NBADraft.net is just as good as I thought it would be:
code:
NBA Comparison: Tim Duncan/Akeem Olajuwon
That's right: Joel Embiid will be a hybrid of Tim Duncan and Hakeem Olajuwon.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Player draft projection: End of first round
Player comparison: Michael Jordan

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Time posted:

nbadraft.net is the most amateur site I have ever seen be even remotely popular this side of drudge
But that was part of what made Drudge so popular (yes yes politics I know): his site was/is literally just a shitload of text links to click and a few ads along the way.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Cigar Aficionado posted:

He'll be at least 6'7 in shoes, which basically makes him on the smaller side of average. He's big enough to play the 3, the question is he athletic enough. The combine showed that he's actually pretty athletic, and he should be a lights out shooter, so I'm cautiously optimistic about his chances as long as he lands in a good situation. Drafting him in the top 10 would be insane though. Denver and Phoenix would be the best situations for him (if he goes in the lottery).
He's Wally Szczerbiak with a decent post move or two. If he actually plays to his strengths instead of insisting on going to his weaknesses and acting like he was still the #1 option like Szczerbiak always did, he should be able to have a lengthy, and pretty good, career.

Seriously:

Player A:
code:
YR	 MIN	 FG%	 3P%	 FT%	 PTS	REB	AST	
JUN.	38.2	.529	.492	.806	24.2	7.6	2.5
SEN.	33.8	.522	.356	.831	24.2	8.5	2.6
Player B:
code:
YR	 MIN	 FG%	 3P%	 FT%	 PTS	REB	AST	
JUN.	31.6	.548	.490	.875	23.2	7.0	1.6
SEN.	33.7	.526	.449	.864	26.7	7.7	1.6
One is Szczerbiak. The other is McDermott. Both were from mid-majors and got a lot of hype as their college careers progressed. Both were power forwards in college (I think Szczerbiak even played some center) who ended up having to transition to a perimeter game in the pros.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 20, 2014

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Kirios posted:

Drummond would have been up there as well if it weren't for personality concerns leading into the NBA.
It wasn't just personality concerns with Drummond. He didn't really do all that much at UConn. DeAndre Jordan was a high school All-American who didn't do much in his one year of college and he slipped to the second round in spite of being regarded for having crazy athleticism. I was shocked Drummond went #7.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Kirios posted:

There's also a lot of ones I completely miss (Full disclosure: I...thought Adam Morrison would be pretty good in the NBA).
Well I don't think any of us thought he would actually turn out that bad.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Kirios posted:

I'm afraid that we've seen the best MKG is going to do in the NBA already.
He's 20 years old.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Great White Hope posted:

it causes an unbelievable shitload of pain, though.
What does...the NF or living in Cleveland?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Doltos posted:

Well yeah, he's an Eastern Euro. They just got Space Jam over there.
Lakers vs. Celtics and the NBA Playoffs is the hot new video game.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I love these. Smart is the #2 player on his board and his closest player comp is a guy who was out of the league in essentially two years.
Julius Randle = Leon Powe

I'll take the poo poo out of that with the #4 yessir

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

BIZORT posted:

I saw Dante Exum's brother play in a streetball tournament a couple of months ago and he wasn't very good. Update your draft buzz sheets
Obviously Exum doesn't have good bloodlines then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I just saw a Woj tweet about some guy named Walter Tavares working on buying out of his Euroball contract so he can enter the draft? How good is he?
He's listed at either 7'2" or 7'3". It doesn't matter how good he is. Someone will draft him.

• Locked thread