Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.
I forget where, but I heard Embiid described as "a 7 foot Serge Ibaka."

How accurate is this? He's a 7 foot shotblocker with elite help defense and an automatic midrange jumpshot? Sounds better than the upside of Wiggins or Parker...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.
Maybe whoever made that comment just has an insider tip that Embiid is really good at acquiring languages

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

Based my extensive research of watching three Parker/Wiggins/Embiid ten minute videos (the most anyone should waste on college "basketball") it looks like Wiggins should go first and it's not even close

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

How tongue in cheek is this post because it will affect how tongue in cheek my response is

I played college basketball so I know three things definitively:

1 - college basketball sucks to watch
2 - David West is the biggest rear end in a top hat I have ever seen in my life
3 - Boozer owns

The part about Wiggins that makes him so tantalizing is his defensive potential, even if he is just a transition monster like some kind of giant Barbossa on offense.

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

I find it's much easier to watch if you're just scouting (and way way easier to scout than the NBA or Euroleague) and as far as two and three go I would like those things to be true

One of my teammates was from Alaska and rivals with Boozer growing up. They became pals and kept in touch in college, and I've seen him "AND ONE!" in person, it's every bit as amazing as you would think. He also only buttoned the top button of his plaid shirt when we went out that night and looked like a giant cholo.

My friend played for Xavier and I hung out with him one summer, West played dirty as gently caress in a glorified scrimmage and talked poo poo incessantly at nobody in particular. He was also incredulous that I (a 6'5 white guy) would dare challenge his shots and then (despite him playing at full intensity the entire time so far) declared "this poo poo is on." I guess that meant he was going to hit harder and hold twice as much, which is basically what he did.

• Locked thread