Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Occupation posted:

Yeah Eve is the best, gently caress the haters

As somebody who has watched all of season two and three (and loving every last word of your reviews), whatever you do don't watch season three if you want to keep that opinion.

While I can't justify watching this show, it is pretty exciting knowing ahead of time which scene occ is going to fail the toxx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

quote:

Mike Baxter: Hi there. Mike Baxter here for Outdoor Man. America fought a war against taxation without representation, and we won. We got taxation *with* representation. What a booby prize *that* turned out to be. So, all this month, Outdoor Man is fighting back with our No Sales Tax Sale. Taxes, everywhere we turn another one jumps up to bite us. You drive over here to Outdoor Man and you're paying twenty-two cents per gallon in gasoline taxes. And in the gas tax there's another tax hiding called the Environmental Response Surcharge. It's not a surcharge. It's a tax. It's enough to make you start smokin' again. But, if you do that, you'll be coughing up an extra eighty-four cents a pack in taxes. Well, I'll need a drink after that. I wouldn't do that, you can't even wet your whistle without government wetting its beak... at sixty cents a liter. They even changed it to liter, so we don't know what that means. We need to stand up against the tyranny of high taxes and elect leaders who value free markets, free minds, and free people...

Nothing here but comedy folks.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

You should really watch (and review) "All About Eve" before gold mining this thread. It redeems the whole series.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

That was the review I've been waiting for since the thread started. You did not disappoint. Few things I'd like to point out about the episode I feel that deserve a mention:

The opening joke is (paraphrased) Vanessa: " Eve why do you look so tired? Are you having trouble sleeping?" Eve: "Who can sleep with this crushing national debt?" Yeah... That's the punchline.

There's this weird "women are sluts" commentary going on in this episode. Vanessa is upset that she couldn't use her cleavage to get out of a ticket whereas Mandy only received a warning. Later Mandy intends to use her body (with a slight hint at sex) to convince her professor to give her an A. Neither parent object to this.

Kyle, Boyd, Chuck and Ryan are all absent from this episode. Usually these characters are used to ground Mike or at least be a straw man for him to knock down. Instead the episode feels more like a list of talking points a Tea Party politician would ramble off at a convention. It's especially apparent during the closing vlog. If you watch one episode make it this one.

• Locked thread