Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The B-story doesn't sound that tonally inconsistent, at least not as much as the main plot. It's honestly kind of clever; a Millennial demonstrates that, despite how inanely time is spent on the Internet, the set of skills it develops can be useful and relevant. It's certainly more than you'd expect out of a show that says "Wouldn't Obama be better if he weren't so drat not-white?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
So I know literally nothing about this show outside of this thread, but how much do you want to bet that Ryan moving in with Kristin will be treated as some pussy-man bullshit and they will be punished for it?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Sure, what the hell?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
If I were a Christian I'd be embarrassed by association.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I forget, has Mike ever called Obama a Muslim? Don't spoil me if it happens this season, I want to be surprised.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Slamhound posted:

I missed the live watch but watched it anyway.

A Plot: Get away from your bad neighbors (who are bad because they have guns) even if you have to lie.
B Plot: Love thy neighbor and guns are great.

What in the ever-loving gently caress? This show is like the incarnation of every rightwing talking point: Make a bee-line for an actual legitimate concern and at the last second; hard right and drive off a cliff.

Well the people in the A-story have guns and are not white criminals.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Irish Joe posted:

I came away with the impression that Tim was just running his mouth. Notice how the bilingual education topic was dropped immediately after that conversation and how he also ribbed his daughter for majoring in philosophy. Its clear he wasn't serious about either objection so long as his children were getting the best education available. Maybe I'm being too generous, but I don't think Tim's character is supposed to be a close-minded xenophobe. He just says the first thing that pops into his head, whether its what he truly believes or not.

You should really watch this show.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

1) Robert Forster, aka the guy who disappears Walt in the breaking bad episode "Granite State", aka living cinematic legend, played Tim Allen's dad in an episode of this season of LMS

WHY? :negative:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I loving knew this show would try to put Kristin and John together the second he was described as the Anti-Ryan, because liberals must be punished.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

GaussianCopula posted:

He no longer has to write stuff that is in line with the hollywood hivemind?

Wow you're right, "Hollywood" rules the content of everything with an iron fist, as demonstrated by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5j-H6tK8CE

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Community lives and Occupation continues to suffer? That's a drat good deal in my book.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

I'll give you a hint: it involves a Christmas present just large enough to hold an adult human male.

A casket? gently caress, that's dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I am so down for another live watch of this poo poo

• Locked thread