Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Occupation posted:

Kyle (Christoph Anderson, giving a show-rarity decent performance)

It's Christoph Sanders as Kyle Anderson! Did you not watch the show at all. Ugh, drat lieburals
And where are the Tim Allen grunts I suggested!?

(Great review. One thing I would like to see is more lines from the show that demonstrate its literal horribleness though. Some choice quotes that just make your eyes bleed)
This show has another season coming and probably won't stop at that people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

CaptainHollywood posted:

Alright just finished episode Season 2 Episode 13. I may have experienced minor Stockholm Syndrome during the episode because I almost kinda found it....good? It wasn't "terrible" and the plot was straight out of a 60's sitcom but the ending really brought everything together.

Although the B plot was one big :suspense:

:staredog:

SPOILERS - Don't click Occupation, it should be a surprise for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD4hKYZRbkE

Honestly, the whole thing kinda felt like a live action Family Guy without the cutaways.

|
\|/

Fixed.

Also just realized why that one girl looked so familiar. Justified and Party Down :monocle:

From that video

quote:

I have to say, I really loved season 1, but thought season 2 didn't really feel right. Sure you could argue that the first season was very one-sided politically, but actually that is somewhat expected in a tight-knit family. Season 2 it seems like it's everyone against Tim Allen. Including Eve, which I REALLY didn't like. They seemed to have balanced it out in season 3 though. Eve is once again daddy's girl, and the rest, while disagreeing with some of his views, are open-minded to him having a good point in his opinions. So I hope they make a season 4, and that it'll continue what we have in season 3.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

I'M DONE WITH SEASON 2 IN REVIEW gently caress YEAH

Deadpool it would be rad if you could change the thread title to reflect this

Anyways I'm taking a break, reviewing this season stressed me out and I need to relax

:siren:STUFF YOU SHOULD READ::siren:

Onion AV Club review of 218 that also is a season as a whole review: link

Todd VanDerWerff does a season 2 analysis comparing this season to Til Death Season 4: link

After the break (which should be about a week or so) I'll do a season in review...review then jump in to season 3

Todd VanDerWerff posted:

I am watching all of this for an upcoming column. It's been one of the most excruciating experiences of my life, even though about half the cast is genuinely enjoyable to watch (particularly Hector Elizondo and Molly Ephraim).
Are you Todd?
:confuoot:

e:

Yoshifan823 posted:

Y'know, if you want to come up with a believable "Smart Person College" name, mayyyyyyyyybe don't name it after the county that gave us the show that gave us the show that gave us Heidi Montag.

That's exactly what I thought when I read that name. Is that a real school? It's like if there were a Jersey Shore University name dropped as an upper tier school.

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 23, 2014

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I watched along with the group.
I want to reiterate, that the prayer at the end of the dinner, and really, most of the Jesus stuff presented in this episode is about accepting your neighbor, no matter who he may be.

This in no way conflicts with Mike hating the (e:Mostly Latino)children at the school, hating immigrants who "refuse to assimilate", and hating Ryan, token LIEBERAL.

E:Also, re:Boyd. Boyd was in this episode for probably a grand total of 3 minutes. His lines are only those he spoke in the opening. He is literally a prop for this episode; not a character, a prop.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Irish Joe posted:

Actually, no, that's not a point because nobody is arguing it. In the episode, Tim believes Spanish language instruction in schools is being used by immigrants as an excuse to not assimilate with native Americans and the greater American culture. He's wrong, and there are several characters on the show who point this out to him or whose very existence proves him wrong (his maid, the guy in the sporting goods store, his daughter's husband).

There's something so funny about using that phrase in conjunction with this show.

• Locked thread