Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Goddamn, was that script a let down. I love Blomkamp's aestethic, I love his visuals, I loved the actors, but I absolutely hated that script.

And the fight sequences were horrendously shot.

I really wish it'd been a better movie, because I love the look and craftsmanship going on.
Yeah this is what I took away from it. It looks great, and clearly there was a lot of thought put into it, but the characters are paper-thin and Jodie Foster's character in particular is pretty wasted here. She gets virtually no development, and little screen time in the end. Damon is fine, but he doesn't have much to work with here. I wish we had a little more of the backstory on how all of this happened fleshed out just a bit more, since that ends up more interesting than what actually goes on here. It's a serviceable film, but I don't think it works as well as District 9. I will be interested to see how his next film is, since it's going to be different from the previous two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It almost feels like Foster was the original main antagonist, but they realized she wasn't going to work once he gets to the space station, so instead Kruger becomes the primary obstacle after some changes. Based on the marketing it seemed like Delacourt would play a bigger role, but that never materialized.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I wish we could have had Jodie Foster in power-armor.

• Locked thread