Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Sadly, not all of us have wonderful taste in... well, anything. Movies, music, television, food, etc. We all love something that others would find completely lovely. Some of us have given up some of these things, as seen in the Terrible poo poo You Used to Love thread. But forget about them. This thread is for the poo poo that should make you feel terrible about liking, but doesn't for some reason.

I have loving awful taste in music, I'll freely admit that. I still loving love Nightwish. I couldn't tell you why either. The lyrics are often dumb or indecipherable, I know. But the music just makes me feel happy. Also their new singer is named Floor and that tickles me.

Chef Boyardee Dinosaurs and Meatballs. Well, not the meatballs. Those are loving gross. But the version they make without meatballs has different sauce and it doesn't taste as good. Why the hell don't they use the same sauce? I mean, the sauce has this weird irony after taste, but I still enjoy it. A can of this stuff is close to 500 calories and eating it all won't make you the least bit full. It's a complete waste of calories. I think I eat maybe a can of this stuff every year or two because I can't justify eating any more than that. Still good.

My favorite horror movie is Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation. I can't recommend this movie enough. I mean, Matthew Mcconaughey stars as Vilmer, Leatherface's brother. He drives an evil tow truck, has a robotic leg, works for the Illuminati, and probably shot JFK.

Lava Lamp Goddess has a new favorite as of 03:04 on May 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I still read Bleach.

Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.
I continue to buy Final Fantasy games because im in too deep. Xiii-3 is really bad you guys.

I still buy quirky jewelry. Right now im wearing a large pendant that has a glow-in-the-dark jellyfish inside. I also still watch anime and listen to jpop. Basically I stopped developing as a human being after reaching age 17. At least I grew up enough to work two jobs, right? :shrug:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Babymetal.
It's the dumbest crap music in the world but I loving love it.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Bioware games. DAII was awful and ME3 was pretty bad but their games somehow manage to scratch that itch.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Lord Lambeth posted:

Bioware games. DAII was awful and ME3 was pretty bad but their games somehow manage to scratch that itch.

Ugh, this and the Gears of War franchise. 2 and 3 were just so loving terrible. Judgement was actually pretty interesting and there was a playable female NPC who didn't suck but nobody cared.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Star Ocean. At best they're cheesy and goofy as heck. At worst they're...

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNauq6_9iP0 :nms: If you watch this you will be put on watchlists.

But I can't stop loving them ever since I first played Star Ocean 2 back on the PS1.

Cmdr Tomalak
Aug 13, 2007

How long shall we stare at each other across the Neutral Zone?
I loving LOVE What Does the Fox Say, and I'm not ashamed at all.

Even moreso knowing all the backstory to it, and seeing all of the Ylvis brothers' other work. I may or may not even be planning a trip to Oslo in the fall to try to attend a taping of one of their talkshows. Not sorry.

Cat Potency
Aug 13, 2006

Chairman Meow
Frozen egg rolls, frozen pizza. I work as a line cook / banquet cook in one of the finest country clubs in the metro Boston area, but my favorite thing to do when I come home hungry is still just firing up the oven and popping in some frozen Red Baron and generic stop & shop brand egg rolls. I'll take that over beef tenderloin any day.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

If you take some of that really soft, white supermarket bread, spread a thick layer of margarine onto both slices and put some of the blandest processed meat you can find (chicken loaf works well) and one of those individually-packaged processed cheese slices in it you end up with the worst sandwich ever. It has no texture and it tastes of nothing. I almost never eat them, but I do enjoy them.

CesiumCanoe
Oct 9, 2012

Oh ya

Tiggum posted:

If you take some of that really soft, white supermarket bread, spread a thick layer of margarine onto both slices and put some of the blandest processed meat you can find (chicken loaf works well) and one of those individually-packaged processed cheese slices in it you end up with the worst sandwich ever. It has no texture and it tastes of nothing. I almost never eat them, but I do enjoy them.

Holy poo poo I had no idea anyone else ate these. Oscar Meyer cotto salami is my meat of choice, I call it a "sadwich".

I still watch The Simpsons, Family Guy, and The Big Bang Theory.
I am a closet Maroon 5 fan.
And I refuse to apologize for liking Chuck Palahniuk. :v:

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dragon Ball Z. I've developed a weird new appreciation for it in the past couple of years.

Also, the movie Waterworld.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Anime. Not like...the really terrible poo poo. Just the goofy stuff like Tiger & Bunny, Sailor Moon, etc., and the really "Trying so hard to be deep" stuff like Dennou Coil and Lain. It's all so terrible, but I can't stop watching. It's like a trainwreck.

Frostyhawk
Jan 21, 2012

Bird Up!
Post-hardcore and select screamo. I know I really should have grown out of this after I reached the age of 16, but I really like the intensity and the chord progressions they typically use. :shrug:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Buttrock poo poo like Crush 40 and the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack. Completely devoid of artistic merit but they're just so much fun!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The 90's Godzilla movie, y'know the one where it turns into a bad Jurassic park movie in the second half.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
there are a few brands of hot sauce I'll drink drink directly from the bottle, often half at a time

ColonelKlink
Apr 17, 2002

The Adventures of Pluto Nash.

Yes, it's stupid. It makes no sense. The directing is horrendous. The acting is awful. The jokes are flat.

...but I love the visuals and the music.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Howard the Duck the movie.

I'll apologize for nothing.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Inzombiac posted:

Babymetal.
It's the dumbest crap music in the world but I loving love it.

Me too. But to be fair if you take away the goofy j-pop aspect of it, it's at least decent metal, musically.

Seconding/thirding Mass Effect 3. I hate the Dragon Age games, so it's not BioWare, and I hated the ending to ME3, but the rest of the game owns.

The Walking Dead TV series. The plot ranges from contrived to pants-on-head retarded but I've seen every single episode without fail.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

amityville anus posted:

there are a few brands of hot sauce I'll drink drink directly from the bottle, often half at a time
Cholula hot sauce, pour it on my palm or the back of my hand then lick it straight off. From the bottle would be gross. :colbert:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I pretty much play no video games besides the latest call of duty, I love the sci-fi/syfy channel original movies they used to do marathons of on the weekends unironically, and I like cheesy country music. I also prefer terrible beer like steel reserve to the expensive microbrew stuff.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I occasionally listen to Barry Manilow songs on purpose.

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
motherfucking warhammer 40k....

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
My workout mix for cardio days is basically 100 percent Kesha. That poo poo's my jam.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Casual games, facebook games, anything that gives me pretty colors and a goal. I even have a membership with Big Fish.

Velveeta Shells and Cheese. So salty and gooey, so very delicious. Even regular blue-box Kraft mac 'n cheese is amazing.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
As morally and aestheticaly repulsive as t.A.T.u. was, "30 Минут.mp3" is still buried somewhere in my Sansa. The rest can get hosed, but I've always had a soft spot for that song. :shobon:

And jeez, guys, this is the guilty pleasure thread, not the ":shrek: as hard as you can" thread.

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 19:36 on May 10, 2014

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Maplestory. Still a bit of a grindfest, immature community,constant server outages, congestion problems on training maps. But I get a terrible itch to binge on it once every few months. As far as an MMO is concerned, it's really colorful and has a zillion different themes. So leveling from 1-120 takes you through sleepy villages, ghetto modern towns, shopping malls, mushroom kingdoms, desert castles, a New York City look-alike and other stuff. If they seriously revamped gameplay while still keeping everything else, I'd be hopelessly addicted to it.

buglord has a new favorite as of 19:39 on May 10, 2014

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Saint Drogo posted:

Cholula hot sauce, pour it on my palm or the back of my hand then lick it straight off. From the bottle would be gross. :colbert:

I do huge spoon shots and use scoop chips/excessive amounts. The peppers in cholula are spicy/roasty but they don't burn at all.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Friend and I started playing WoW again on a private server cause we want to relive the old days and retail is poo poo.

Hot pockets/pizza everyday.

I'm 32 and wacky tshirts & shorts is still 90% of what I wear when I bother wearing cloths at all.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Apparently Family Guy has sucked for a long time but, I really like it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

LethalGeek posted:

Friend and I started playing WoW again on a private server cause we want to relive the old days and retail is poo poo.

:hfive: I just can't let go of that glorious Burning Crusade.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I unironically like this ICP song a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjgv4V6KlPI

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Fried bologna sandwiches, on white bread. Preferably with crunchy chee-tos. A bi-annual guilty pleasure.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
My favorite bands: Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Amaranthe, Epica, Sirenia. As far as I'm concerned, all metal is goofy as poo poo regardless of the subject matter, and I'd rather listen to cheesy ballads about wolves, ravens and valkyries instead of indecipherable guttural screaming. But I do have my limits and skip over the truly awkward lyrics like that poetry epic in Dark Passion Play (quoted in the other thread) and Sonata Arctica's new song "X Marks the Spot."

Also I keep getting an itch to go back and play EverQuest every other year or so, then get bored with it within a couple months and quit again. I am a big sissy baby that can't stand how hard Project 1999 is so I have to play on something that at least has Planes of Power unlocked. The gear and stats inflation on the live servers is absolutely ridiculous but it's cathartic to run around slaughtering bosses that traumatized me when I was 13.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I like some of Nickelback's music. I have some old 90's boybands on my ipod too.

McDonald's Hot and Spicy Chicken sandwich is awesome still.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mister Adequate posted:

:hfive: I just can't let go of that glorious Burning Crusade.

The sad thing is I know some of it is nostalgia because I know the game is way more accessible and less "spend hours doing dumb poo poo for no good reason" but PANDAS?!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Homestuck. Yeah. I know.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

TunaSpleen posted:

My favorite bands: Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Amaranthe, Epica, Sirenia. As far as I'm concerned, all metal is goofy as poo poo regardless of the subject matter, and I'd rather listen to cheesy ballads about wolves, ravens and valkyries instead of indecipherable guttural screaming. But I do have my limits and skip over the truly awkward lyrics like that poetry epic in Dark Passion Play (quoted in the other thread) and Sonata Arctica's new song "X Marks the Spot."

Oh thank god I'm not the only one with lovely taste in metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sk8ers4Christ
Mar 10, 2008

Lord, I ask you to watch over me as I pop an ollie off this 50-foot ramp. If I fail, I'll be seeing you.

Saint Drogo posted:

I pour that stuff on my eggs. I usually use up half the bottle within the first day of buying it.

I also love Coors Light, probably due to all the hot sauce I consume destroying my taste buds.

• Locked thread