Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Phil Collins is pretty good and I don't get why many don't like him.

In the Air Tonight has the best drum fill ever, and thanks to the magic of the Internet, you can listen to it nonstop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
I get drunk and buy those little cats that wave. And other crap from ebay.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
I like rap. I like metal. What's not to like about rap-metal?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

The Steak Justice posted:

I still read Bleach.

Ugh. Same here. I realized like 8 years ago that Bleach is terrible but I just can't stop.

I really love Teen Titans Go, even though its dumb as gently caress and full of lol random monkey cheese humour.

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

I really love watching reality TV. The Bachelor/ette is my "guiltiest" pleasure I guess. It's so retarded but my husband and I watch every single episode without fail. I'm disappointed that there is no thread for it in TVIV. I'd make one but I think I'd be ridiculed for it. I'm also a huge fan of Big Brother and I think it's a legitimately good show, about two summers ago I kept the live feeds on literally all day, every day because I was so addicted. I don't mind watching Millionaire Matchmaker, the Kardashians, Teen Mom, TMZ Live, etc if they're on. I also like trashy dumb cooking shows like Chopped, Kitchen Nightmares, Top Chef, etc.

I could excuse it away by saying I watch it ironically and just make fun of it the whole time (which I do), but it doesn't really matter, does it? I'm still consuming it as entertainment, and I like it.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Phil Collins is pretty good and I don't get why many don't like him.
This.

Generally speaking I love wanky, overwrought prog-rock.

I prefer beer over wine and I like a good lager most. Super thick and creamy porter or intensely fruity ale? No thanks, I'll just have a nice malty beer.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011
Dune. The version David Lynch took his name off of. I think early 80's Sting makes a pretty good bad guy.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Seconding anime. I wouldn't really call myself an "anime fan" but there are several series that hit that "just stupid enough to be awesome" vibe. Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Yu Yu Hakusho, :hellyeah: One of my friends and I just recently marathoned Nobunagun and it was basically the best thing I've ever seen.

Also going to back up the guy who said Nickelback. I like a good handful of their songs and even the ones I don't like are just songs I wouldn't really go out of my way to listen to, not songs I actively dislike.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I watch The Last Unicorn, or have it on when I'm working, at least once a month. I have probably seen it literally a hundred times. It's not a good movie.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Adolf Hitler.

E:
Wait that was a typo I meant "The Friday the 13th series of films"

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 00:43 on May 11, 2014

Shamshel
Sep 20, 2003

Angel of phallic symbols
I love awful action movies. The more jingoistic the better. Commando might be the finest film ever made. I genuinely loved Fast 6, and am looking forward to Fast7. The Crow? Hell yes. It's gotten to the point that if I see a movie I think my friends would like, I have to get somebody else to tell them to see it because my opinion on cinema is so thoroughly discredited.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Showgirls.

Now I never thought it was good movie, just a hilariously bad one. I've watched the turd multiple times now and it never stops being funny and enjoyable. I have no shame in calling it my favorite movie.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Wild Wild West.

I don't care about the quality of the rest of the movie.

Giant. Mechanical. Spider.

I will fight you.

Green Jacket
Oct 23, 2008

Suddenly I have a refreshing mint flavor!
McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on a biscuit.

Death wrapped in cheap paper but one of the things I'd mourn the loss of the most if I ever stopped being a gross slob and gave up fast food.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
Pizza rolls, Phil Collins and early Nickelback

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Romantic comedies. Especially ones from the 90s :allears: And Kraft Mac & Cheese. I will always like it more than homemade mac & cheese no matter how wrong I know I am.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Kraft Mac and Cheese with about 1.3x as much recommended butter/milk so it has the consistency of the microwave kraft MnC is pretty much my favorite poorfood.

A purchased OP from Tenga Toppen Gurren Lagann is on my iTunes and I listen to it occasionally.

Also Power metal.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Kitchen Nightmares.

I don't care if it's probably scripted. I don't care if Gordon Ramsay is a giant tool. All I know is that for forty five minutes a week, I can sit down in front of my television and watch a pure stream of distilled guilty pleasure. It's hardwired somewhere deep in my brain that the dirtier a kitchen is in that show, the more I smile.

I love that goddamn show.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

IshmaelZarkov posted:

Kitchen Nightmares.

I don't care if it's probably scripted. I don't care if Gordon Ramsay is a giant tool. All I know is that for forty five minutes a week, I can sit down in front of my television and watch a pure stream of distilled guilty pleasure. It's hardwired somewhere deep in my brain that the dirtier a kitchen is in that show, the more I smile.

I like to describe that show as an angry Scottish guy invading your local eatery and verbally assaulting the staff and owners. It's good TV.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Part of MSN Games. Half the stuff is glitched, some of it refuses to load and all of it's a front to get you to spend money, but I still find myself over there every now and then, logged in on an email account that died 10 years ago and trying to add to my badges.

The Beach Boys Love You album. It's a big pile of creepiness, insipid lyrics and bad synths. Contains an ode to Johnny Carson that defies expectations of those who haven't heard it. The album is glorious.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I listen to Scooter.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

IshmaelZarkov posted:

Kitchen Nightmares.

I doubt it's scripted, days of footage snipped down to barley 30 live minutes gives a lot to work with I imagine. Plus everyone says anyone working in a restaurant long enough turns into a basket case so I don't imagine they're hard to find.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
Any of the dumb gameshows on food network, Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, ect. I don't know why but watching people cook under stupid and arbitrary rules is far more entertaining then it has any right to be. Its just about the only TV I bother watching anymore besides the Amazing Race, which also belongs in this thread.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

Vorpal Cat posted:

Any of the dumb gameshows on food network, Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, ect. I don't know why but watching people cook under stupid and arbitrary rules is far more entertaining then it has any right to be. Its just about the only TV I bother watching anymore besides the Amazing Race, which also belongs in this thread.

I think I would appreciate Chopped more if they just got random people off the street and gave them a bunch of weird stuff that they had to cook with. Not knowing how to cook would be a prerequisite. The judges would still have to taste everything, especially that smug lady who always looks at the contestants like she scraped them off her shoe.

EDIT: To contribute, I love shows like Wipeout and Ninja Warrior

EDIT 2: I forgot Solitary. Torture of humans aired as a game show is awesome.

MadMattH has a new favorite as of 04:42 on May 11, 2014

Starter Wiggin
Feb 1, 2009

Screw the enemy's gate man, I've got a fucking TAIL!
Do you know how crazy the ladies go for those?
Mike's Hard Lemonade.
I'm a grown adult. I live near some amazing microbreweries. But it's alcoholic soda!
Also Ke$ha. Not even sorry.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Pretty much all of the Discovery ID shows. When Deadly Women comes back on I will be a happy camper. I also love Bollywood.

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011

MadMattH posted:

I think I would appreciate Chopped more if they just got random people off the street and gave them a bunch of weird stuff that they had to cook with. Not knowing how to cook would be a prerequisite. The judges would still have to taste everything, especially that smug lady who always looks at the contestants like she scraped them off her shoe.

EDIT: To contribute, I love shows like Wipeout and Ninja Warrior

EDIT 2: I forgot Solitary. Torture of humans aired as a game show is awesome.

I love Solitary also. I also love Big Brother, Survivor, The Real World, and the Mtv Challenge shows. Yes, I'm a 41 year old woman.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

LoveMeDead posted:

I love Solitary also. I also love Big Brother, Survivor, The Real World, and the Mtv Challenge shows. Yes, I'm a 41 year old woman.

It's all our fault, we caused reality tv.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
America's Next Top Model. Yes. I said it. If it's on, even old reruns, I'm stuck to that TV like a cheap hooker on a crack pipe.

Fifthing or whatever Kitchen Nightmares.

My latest thrill is Bar Rescue. Something about there being a science to taking money from drunk people appeals to me.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010
I'm overly fond of the first three seasons of America's Next Top Model. I still think Evanescence's second album is legitimately decent, and I still listen to a lot of the junk I loved in middle school. I watch subtitled anime that used to be on Toonami years ago.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Batman & Robin. It's just so ridiculous I can't help but love it. And I maintain that it's the most faithful comic book adaptation ever filmed. The over the top camp and cheesy dialogue is lifted straight out of the Silver Age and I love every second of it.

Also, Ke$ha. Say what you will, but Tik Tok was catchy.

Esroc has a new favorite as of 07:43 on May 11, 2014

ladymikochan
Mar 15, 2006

A-hunting I will go! A-hunting I will go! Hi-ho the derri-o! With a vagina full of bees!
I watch stupid reality shows. Face Off, Jim Henson's Creature Creator, Storage Wars, Ink Master, Chopped...etc. I love them all. Also I am rather partial to Children's Movies and TV shows. I...actually bought tickets to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. I don't care if it's bad or stupid...its cute!

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Pretty much all of the Discovery ID shows.

Oh god, me too. When I'm not watching Law & Order: SVU reruns on USA Network (also shameful), I'm watching Investigation Discovery.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm a huge sucker for generic, "LOTR-style" high fantasy in any medium. People bitch about how it all blends together but it scratches an itch for me. Oblivion takes flak for falling into that trope but I really liked that part of it. And Snow White and the Huntsman came on TV the other day and I remembered how much I love that movie (I also think the movie has amazing art direction/visuals and Charlize Theron is so awesome in it)

I kind of enjoy the lovely TV my girlfriend watches. Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, various cooking shows or episodic comedies etc.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Vastarien posted:

Oh god, me too. When I'm not watching Law & Order: SVU reruns on USA Network (also shameful), I'm watching Investigation Discovery.

I'm seriously looking forward to Deadly Women coming back on for the summer. The cheesy acting, the people who can't hold their American accents, and costuming for their period pieces all just delight me. Obession and Love Scorned are also great. It's all just trashy and great. The only shows on that channel that I'm not really into are all the 48 Hours/Dateline formatted stuff because they don't have reenactments and aren't as fun.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm seriously looking forward to Deadly Women coming back on for the summer. The cheesy acting, the people who can't hold their American accents, and costuming for their period pieces all just delight me. Obession and Love Scorned are also great. It's all just trashy and great. The only shows on that channel that I'm not really into are all the 48 Hours/Dateline formatted stuff because they don't have reenactments and aren't as fun.

My favorite is probably I (Almost) Got Away With It, where criminal masterminds come so close to evading capture by, like, hiding in a closet for a couple of hours. Then, needing a break from life on the run, they head down to the local bar or something, where they inevitably get arrested. It's great.

I swear, ID is the best comedy network on television.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

C-Euro posted:

I'm a huge sucker for generic, "LOTR-style" high fantasy in any medium. People bitch about how it all blends together but it scratches an itch for me. Oblivion takes flak for falling into that trope but I really liked that part of it. And Snow White and the Huntsman came on TV the other day and I remembered how much I love that movie (I also think the movie has amazing art direction/visuals and Charlize Theron is so awesome in it)

I kind of enjoy the lovely TV my girlfriend watches. Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, various cooking shows or episodic comedies etc.

Project Runway is pure gold. When Tim says "Use our current sponsor's wall very thoughtfully" you know there's a design trainwreck on the way.

Zeah
Oct 14, 2012

wtf hax???
Music-wise, I still listen to eurobeat and nightcore (you know those speedy techno remixes of pop music you'd listen to in like, 2008? They still make it and I love it). Also I love the pop music on the radio - Nicki Minaj is extremely good, and I'll nth the Ke$ha love - and I love those shoddy modern indie '''folk''' songs that try and string words together to make meaningful stuff that an 8th grader could write.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is still funny and I like to marathon Animal Cops as I work.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

amityville anus posted:

there are a few brands of hot sauce I'll drink drink directly from the bottle, often half at a time

Cholula & Tapatio are my go to hot sauces for this. I like Flaming Hot Cheetos even though they give me a stomach ache & bright red poops. I can eat habaneros without any problems but my body hates those Cheetos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

everything surrounding college football loving sucks

college football itself, loving rad

• Locked thread