Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hi just tell me your base TN assuming +0 modifiers except for skill/gear and let me worry about it a week or two from now if you passed or failed. Thanks in advance. Roll and state that stuff thats all you need to do. I have an idea of how this is gonna play out and its not gonna be like you think.

Word of the Day: Chaos
Edit: if your pc is content to follow whatever course of action proposed by another or most of the group, and you have no stuff you wanna do or say worth mentioning. All I require from you is for you to post the following: Check. That way I know you are still keeping up to date and to probably write some stuff to get your interest.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Ciro Peizerat

Ciro ducks behind some barrels conveniently labelled NON-EXPLOSIVE as he starts moving deeper into the hanger, trying to find a better vantage spot. That is until -something- happens, probably due to the psyker, and the warrior has a moment where he's faced with something that stops him in his tracks.

The last time he saw the beast was 25 years ago, and the only thing that saved him then was that it was busy tearing apart his father. He ran, which was all he could do at the time, and yet it appears that he couldn't run from it forever, even if it's just a bad memory. Glad that the others can't see him, Ciro licks his lips and can't hold back the trembling in his hands and legs.

Check. Sorry, it sucks phone posting and I still don't have a pc. Can't even use the one from work since I'm off currently

Per is 37 - rolled 72
Stealth is 60 - rolled 2
Initiative is +7 - rolled 17

poo poo the bed on the fear check.
WP 31 - rolled 97.
Shock check - rolled 77. Infamy drops it to 27. Shaken and afraid. -10 to rolls until snapping out of it

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 5, 2014

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Check. I'm just waiting for us to get to the place.

Perception vs 39: 1d100 90 (I have Paranoia, not that it'll help)
Initiative (Combat Formation, Paranoia, Quick and the Dead): 1d10+9 14
Stealth vs 17: 1d100 53

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Corypheus

Even as the Julian drawing on the Warp went horribly wrong for him, Corypheus drew on it as well, both to increase his protection, as well as to make him harder to find.

Using Flicker at Unfettered Level.

Flicker vs. 102: 1d100 76

Perception vs. 38: 1d100 90(I have Heightened Senses for Hearing/Sight; this doesn't terribly matter). Also ^^:rolleyes:
Initiative: 1d10+7 14(Already Included: +2 from TQatD, +1 from MaliciousOnion's Combat Formation)
Stealth vs. 73: 1d100 88(Included: +30 bonus from Incorporeal). Are you loving kidding me?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm gonna update this tuesday because I'm sick and I'm doing shadowrun on monday.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Kothurchu

With the forcefield fixed, Kothurchu waits for the metal-woman's deception to take hold. Distraught by the lack of strong non-turret opposition thus far and utterly pissed by the ambush of the turret, he keeps his power sword and bolt pistol in hand and fumes silently at the lack of action.

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
61     48     50(60)    50    42     29     31     29     38

Wounds: 18/18      IP: 5/5
Armour: 7 All  Force Field: 1-30 Overload: 1-10
Initiative: +6

Weapon                  Range  Fire    Damage    Pen   Ammo  Clips  Reload  Special

Bolt Pistol          30m  S/2/-   1d10+5 X  4     8/8   -     2 Full   Tearing
Inferno Pistol      10m  S/-/-   2d10+10 E  12     3/3   2     Full    Melta   
Power Sword        20m  -/-/-   1d10+17 E  7     -/-   -     -     Power Field,
-Balanced (+10 Parry) GQ (+5 Hit and Parry) Duelist Grip (+5 Parry) Storm Field*

Legion Frag      30m  S/-/-   2d10+2 X  0     1/1   -     12 -   Blast(4)
Legion Krak      30m  S/-/-   2d10+8 X  6     1/1   -     3 -  

*Storm Field: +2 Damage and Pen/Auto-destroys non-power/force/natural/warp weapons that are involved in a parry
On unmodified 91-00 take hit that cannot be evaded w/o strength bonus (1d10+7)

Notable Abilities:
- Attacks during a charge cannot be parried by enemies
- Awareness 31
- Dodge 52
- Parry 71 Base
       -w/ Power Sword 91
- Jaded
- Unnatural Strength (4)
- Brutal Charge (4) 
- Quick Draw
- Rapid Reload
- Disarm
- Counter Attack
- Furious Assault
- Battle Rage
- Frenzy
- Combat Master
- Swift Attack
- Step Aside
- Crushing Blow
- Lightning Attack
- Blademaster
- Raptor

Immunities and Resistances:
- Resistant Psychic Powers
- Nullify all direct and AOE psychic powers against me (Brass Collar of Khorne)

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Lysander

Checking in since it's been a week or so.

pre:
WS    BS    S      T    Agi    Int    Per    WP    Fel
41    49  45(65)  54    31     40      32     40    64

Wounds: 28/28       IP: 5/5
Armour: 8 All
Initiative: +5

Weapon                  Range  Fire    Damage    Pen   Ammo  Clips  Reload  Special

Plasma Gun               90m   S/2/–   1d10+8E    10    25    --    5 Full   Maximal(+10m range, +1d10 Dam, +2 Pen, 3x ammo consumption, Recharge) 
-GQ (Reliable), Overheats (91+ roll=hit to arm, Agi test or drop, next round cooldown), RDLS (+10 BS Single Shot), Extended Mag

Power Sword                            1d10+5E    5                          Power Field, Balanced (+10 Parry)
-GQ (+5 hit/parry), Cursed Metal (Test toughness after battle if ever used, fail=1 wound taken ignoring all armor and toughness)

Good Laspistol           30m   S/2/–   1d10+2E,   0     30    --    Half     Reliable

Blight Grenades          18m   S/-/-   2d10E      0      1     12            Toxic (2), Blast (6)(cloud remains for 1d10 rounds, deals 1d10E Toxic damage to anyone entering it) 
-(All damage ignores armor that isn't sealed)

Haywire Grenades         18m   S/-/-   0          0      1     3             Haywire (3)

Notable Abilities:

-Awareness 32
-Dodge 31
-Parry 41 Base
--Power Sword Parry:  36 (lack weapon training (power), bonuses come out to -5)
-Unnatural Toughness (+4)

-Vomit Toughness Bonus worth of Nurglings as free action once per battle (Each makes a Melee Attack at WS 30 at an enemy within 3 metres, 
dealing 1d10+1R Pen 0 Damage with the Toxic (1) Quality, then dissipates back into the Warp in a cloud of foul smelling mist)

-Stuff of Nightmares
-Unshakeable Will
-Quick Draw
-Nerves of Steel
-Mighty Shot (+1/2 BS bonus to all ranged damage)
-Master Chirurgeon
-Jaded
-Iron Discipline (Followers reroll failed WP tests against Fear/Pinning)
-Inspire Wrath
-Hatred: Adeptus Astartes
-Disturbing Voice
-(Power Armor)
--Size (Hulking) 
--Dark Sight
--Heightened Senses (Sight, Sound)
-Trophy Rack (-5 WS to enemies in melee)

Immunities/Resistances:

-Psychic Power Resistance (+10 to tests against)
-SoN: Immune to poison, bleeding, stunning, disease, breathing, most environmental hazards, 
and crit effects except those that destroy me outright or come from psychic powers, force weapons, or sanctified weapons
Naff
pre:
43    44    55     56   30     20     39     41    39

Wounds: 30/30
Armour: 7 All
Loyalty 74
Initiative: +3

Greatsword               --     --     2d10+1R    2     --    --     --      Unwieldy, Ogryn-Proof, Toxic (0)
-BQ(+1 Dam, +10 WS on use), Mono, Venom Drip (Toxic (0))

M34 Autocannon          300m   S/3/-   3d10+8I    6     20    --     2 Full  Ogryn-Proof, Reliable
-BQ (Never jams, only misses)

Ripper Gun              30m    S/-/6   1d10+8I    0     48    --     2 Full  Ogryn-Proof, Scatter

Frag Grenades           21m    S/-/-   2d10X      0     1      5     --      Ogryn-Proof, Blast (3)

Notable Abilities:
-Awareness 19
-Auto-Stablised
-Size (Hulking)
-Dodge 50
-Parry 53
-Berserk Charge
-Combat Master
-Crushing Blow
-Hammer Blow
-Frenzy
-Iron Jaw
-Swift Attack
-Stuff of Nightmares
-Sturdy
-Unnatural Toughness (+2)
-Unnatural Strength (+2)
-Thunder Charge

Immunities/Resistances
-Stuff of Nightmares

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm gonna update tomorrow or the day after tops sorry for the delay.
edit: Reviewing your posts, we are down to 10 players yay. This is more manageable for me anyway. Let me digest what you've posted and formulate the next part of this scene.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 5, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

So I'm not going to update at all (not for you hanger guys anyway) and this is why.

I have on the hanger deck the following players.
Waci, Werix, MaliciousOnion, IPVG, and Lord Koth.
Of which, I have 4 of you guys suffering from the effects of fear. Bless Werix for being the only person to take fearless in this group ahahaahahahaha. I literally cannot update for you until we resolve this.

Also l0l I forgot Lysander isn't with you guys and he and his ogryn passed fear tests. Reversal of Fortune, if you IP your fear tests you may take their rolls. You must specify if you are taking DACHSHUNDOFDOOM's ROLL or DACHSHUNDOFDOOM'S MINION roll for DoS purposes. First come first serve. Also I screwed up when rolling on shock and determing DoF. Subtract 10 from the roll of your shock rolls because you should have tested at your full WP not -10 like is normal for 40k systems cause heh heretics. Anywho, while I have no problem killing every single one of you, I believe you should be aware of your rights. Here's a major thing that could be your salvation.

quote:

When facing numerous Fear-causing foes, the Heretic
only counts the highest source of Fear each round. In other
words, they must only make one Fear Test each Round. In
addition, Heretics may modify any rolls on the Shock Table
by their Infamy Characteristic, to a minimum of 1. The more
infamous a Heretic is, the less he is effected by sources of fear.

quote:

FAILING THE FEAR TEST
If a character or creature fails a Fear Test in a combat situation,
he must immediately roll on Table 8–4: Shock, adding
+10 to the roll for each Degree of Failure. Once the roll is
made, the effects are applied immediately to the character.
If a character fails a Fear Test in a non-combat situation, he
becomes unnerved and suffers a –10 penalty to any Skill or
Characteristic Test that requires concentration. This penalty
lasts as long as the character remains in the vicinity of the
object of his Fear, and simply leaving for a moment and then
returning doesn’t negate this.

quote:

SHOCK AND SNAPPING OUT OF IT
Characters may be able to shake some of the lingering effects
of their Fear off after the initial shock has worn off. Where
specifi ed on Table 8–4: Shock, a character may attempt to
“snap out of it.” To snap out of it, a character must make a
Challenging (+0) Willpower Test at the beginning of his
next turn. If the Willpower Test is successful, the character
regains his senses, shrugs off the effects, and may act normally.
If the character fails the Willpower Test, the effects continue
and he may try again on his next turn.

So you can save yourselves basically. Lets review some rolls which btw IPVG and Waci props for being the only ones to do this right, sorta.
Lord Koth: Shock Table: 1d100+30 7767 I hosed up on this one.
Post back here with an IC character post representing whichever option on the shock table you pick (You can adjust down your full infamy characteristic. Also you may go up if you wish!

Malicious Onion: Shock Table: 1d100+40 10797 Same thing as Lord Koth.

IPVG: Shock check: 1d100+60 77 Same as Lord Koth but I'm gonna give you a boon.
For being one out of two out of 4 people to get every single step of my previous, very simple, instructions that are currently involved in WACIGATE 2014 I'll give you an autopass to snap out of it. So after the first turn you'll be back to normal if you drop the roll down to 27.

Waci: Same deal as IPVG.

Figure it out and get back to me when you are done. Also just fyi all non combat/pre/post combat rolls I expect to be done by you guys. Anything that occurs due to enemy action I will handle because I'm running the opposition and I'll keep track of that. Something I picked up from shadowrun and it makes my life a ton easier, especially when I'm running 10 of you here (9 in the other game!).

Ok other team.
First off RIP Schizotek he's loving gone, as in his character literally kept running past you when you got ambushed, didn't stop for poo poo and is gone for all you know. I'll write his end scene when I update. Out with the old and in with the new hotness.
We will now have Dyne & 2 Chosen CSM NPCs, Dachshundofdoom and Ogryn buddy, Ronwayne and robot buddy, Zikan, and Xun as the other group. You may attempt to link up with the main party but it'll take some time aka not happening this encounter but after the encounter you may arrive. Or you may continue doing your own thing.

Actually since my update was going to basically be Dyne showing up and meeting you at the lift and it would take a few minutes for the lift to get down to you guys anyway assume the following happened. You went to the lift, had no resistance, called the lift, are waiting for it and Dyne and Co show up. I would like to give Dyne the opportunity to post some things before you take (or don't take) the elevator or do whatever you guys wanna do. It also allows me to be a lazy gently caress for ONE MORE DAY!

A win/win/win in my opinion. Next time take fearless/IP your poo poo ahead of time and don't get scared by casper the friendly warpghost you loving sissies.

Edit: Forgot one thing.

[03:59] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> spoiler alert
[04:00] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> imperial navy ammo loaders are susceptible to fear as well
[04:00] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> and the reason I fiated the range to 70 metres
[04:00] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> was to panic the entire guard platoon coming in with plasma/heavy bolters/melta weapons to secure the bay
[04:00] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> and guess which crews dropped hotloaded plasma bombs when trying to load them onto their bombers
[04:01] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> the hanger is going to turn into the WP scene from Spec Ops The Line basically
[04:01] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> which is why i dont give a gently caress about your stealth tests for the most part
[04:01] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> you would have an insane bonus
[04:01] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> like +60
[04:01] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> from the chaos that would unfold
[04:01] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> if you somehow fail then
[04:01] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> ok someone sees you
[04:02] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> voxs are jammed
[04:02] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> they have to find the telephone to tell someone about you
[04:02] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> gg

The guy who was in my OOC thread saying this would be Chaos as gently caress, is this everything you dreamed it would be? Cause as soon as I have what I need to do a proper update its gonna get hilarious pretty loving quick.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jun 5, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Julian

Julian continues to crouch very still, avoiding even looking at the looming warbeast for the risk that it might somehow feel his gaze. Surely it would go away soon, or the right would fade.

But but but precious xp (seriously though it's a thousand xp, more for humans since they don't start with the pre-reqs).

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Yeah, lets go with the 27 instead of the 77. That sounds much better. If only WP wasn't so expensive for Khorne dudes.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

IPlayVideoGames posted:

Yeah, lets go with the 27 instead of the 77. That sounds much better. If only WP wasn't so expensive for Khorne dudes.

Thats great, make an IC post about it like now detailing the effects.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I don't know the effects of a 27 and won't until later tonight when I have a book. :toot: Is it just confused or something for the round?

Edit: Ok, I updated that post.

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 5, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

IPlayVideoGames posted:

I don't know the effects of a 27 and won't until later tonight when I have a book. :toot: Is it just confused or something for the round?

Its relatively minor. Fear grips the character and he begins to shake and tremble. He is at a –10 penalty on all tests for the rest of the Encounter unless he can recover his wits (see Shock and Snapping Out of It, page 278).

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
The Clawman

Caught off-guard by the vision of the hunting warp-beast, the Clawman is at once fascinated and terrified by the creature. It immediately pauses what it was doing, instead activating internal diagnostics and recording devices, cataloguing the sensations and neural impulses coursing through its body.

Considering the fact I failed my test so significantly and my character's background story, I'll adjust my failure UP to the original result. I'll say the Clawman has gone into a fugue state as it studies the effects of fear on itself.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jun 6, 2014

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Corypheus

Gritting his teeth, Corypheus pushed forward, even as his hand shook a bit from what he'd seen in the burst of Warp energy from Julian. Visions of the entire Imperial flight deck turning out to be Blanks. A ridiculous idea, to be sure, but even the thought of being within the same room as multiple could not help but send chills up his spine.

Yeah, we'll also adjust down to 27 on the table.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Team Bridge Assault
Regrouping after the ambush, their friend Khulan leaving them behind in the whirlwind of her rage, the only thing you hear on the vox are her grunts, breathing, then screams of pain. The screams get louder and guttural and inhuman until you hear a roar echo clearly through the hallway as if it were below you. You take this cue to get moving to the lift where you meet Amirault the Black and 2 of his Chaos Space Marine brethren carrying some of the universes most unstable and deadly weapons. Plasma gunners and cannon toting marines, only an Astartes would consider carrying these weapons willingly into battle. Only the Chosen would specialize in its use as a group. You all pile into the lift and watch the elevator rune tick all the way to L03. When you exit you see a stormtrooper waiting for you. “This way ma’am the Vice Admiral is wai….AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” he screams as he takes a moment to look at your party and opens fire with his hellgun wildly before being gutted and torn in half by Kothurchu.
His body falls in two directions, his “right” side falls with its hand outstretched pointing to a doorway. You guys take it as a cue to head that way and immediately come under fire from auto turrets, fired with a bit more accuracy it seems as you all take cover on either side of the passage away. This time Korthurchu thanks the god’s luck that he isn’t the one being hit, instead one of the new astartes who shrugs the shot off like it’s nothing before blasting 2 turrets at once with a plasma cannon. The other marine caps the last one at the end of the hallway and you pass on through.

The Bridge
Fighting your way through a couple of guardsmen quickly mustered and ratings you arrive at the bridge. Blowing the door with some krak grenades, your squad piles in and isn’t immediately fired on. You see a bunch of scared crewmen holding laspistols and aiming from behind their consoles or chairs. Vice Admiral Graves is standing at the bridge looking out to Cadia below without fear. And between you and him stand 5 Imperial Fist Space Marines finishing their vows to the emperor.

You hosed up

They turn to you, the tallest amongst them rising to face you with a giant power sword that he has to carry in two hands to wield effectively. He flips down a monocle onto his right eye, Amirault recognizes this as a Signum and the other Imperial fists flip down theirs as well, even the ones who are wearing their helmets. Speaking of one of those wearing their helmet, an Apothecary with a massive gash left by lightning claws across the Aquila chestpiece of his power armor breaks formation immediately upon witnessing Amirault the Black. “4th Company!” The Space Marine Captain shouts as if he was commanding a 100 space marines instead of merely himself and 4 others. Holding the relic blade in his right hand up in the air whilst he levels his wrist mounted stormbolter at the doorway. He appears to be adjusting his aim onto Amirault the Black. But before he fires!

This is how your enemy is equipped. First off the Space Marine Captain, is wearing Artificer armor, the Signum for the squad, an Iron Halo, wrist mounted stormbolter, and relic blade. The Space Marine Captain is also Fear 1, Fear 2 in close combat. 3 Tacticals (Sternguard veterans) are equipped in Mk. 6 Corvus armor with Mk.7 Chest pieces, Mastercrafted Phobos Pattern Bolters modded with Fire Selectors (Triple clips with different ammo in each), and Astartes Targeters. The Apothecary wears the same armor as the tacticals but carries a master crafted Chain Sword and a wrist mounted stormbolter on the left arm (right arm has the narthecium/reductor setup). And every single one of them is fearless.

These guys have fate points, and are going to operate in a Deathwatch Squad Mode which I will not specify but will do my best to describe so you get a hint. There is a major thing I need to tell you about the signum though and why these 5 are more dangerous than any other marines you will ever face. The other people in the room make up about a squad of not even guardsmen who, if any of you have a fear rating, will cower. The Vice Admiral is no pussy and though I haven't statted him just yet, he will be equipped as follows. Best Craftmanship Light Power Armor, a ceremonial bold pistol (also B.C.), and possibly some sort of weak forcefield! Not giving him an iron halo type field but something to protect them from the odd explosion or stray round. They will start in squad mode and hint: the apothecary is trying to provide signum link targeting data on Amirault for the Captain. The Signum Links will be ineffective if there is no Line of Sight to you and all participants. Also their specialist bolter ammo will help them even the odds.

quote:

Signum
A signum is a sensorium and transmitter array that can be mounted
on a Battle-Brother’s armour. It broadcasts enhanced tactical
readings to all members of a Squad, allowing them to benefit from
the targeting data. While a character equipped with a signum is in
Squad Mode, all characters in Squad Mode receive a +5 bonus to
Ballistic Skill Tests. If the equipped character spends a Full Action
and succeeds on a Tech-Use Test, this bonus increases to +10
until the end of the next Round. The effects of multiple signums
are not cumulative, but see the signum link below.

Signum Link
A signum is a useful tool alone, but by equipping the targeting
systems of one or more squad members with a signum link,
they can make optimal use of the signum’s readings to achieve
unparalleled acts of teamwork by forming a web of their
interconnected autosenses. This allows all participating members
to make a concerted attack on the same foe, striking
with a coordinated precision that makes their assault all
but inescapable.
To form a signum web, at least one member of a Squad must
be equipped with a signum. One or more other characters
in the squad then equip their armour with signum links.
All characters in Squad Mode on the web (via the signum
or a link) may benefit from the rules for ganging up on an
opponent, regardless of whether they are engaged in melee
or using ranged attacks, and with the benefits applying both
to Weapon Skill and Ballistic Skill. Characters in Solo mode
gain no benefits from being part of the signum’s web.

Map comes later, so will be the stats of the Chaos Space Marines with you. Standby.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 7, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

NPC Chaos Space Marines stats
pre:
Name: Mourna, Burns the Innocent
 WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
 55   70 60[80]   60   50   40   45   50   25

SB: 12 TB: 10 Wounds: 30  Armour: 10 Body, 8 All Else 
Dodge: 60

Weapons
Plasma Cannon 150m S/–/– 2d10+12E Pen:10 Ammo Supply: 130/160 Rld: 2.5 Full Special: Blast (3), Maximal, Overheats
*Maximal 160m S/2/– 3d10+12E Pen: 12 Ammo Supply: 130/160 Rld: 2.5 Full Special: Blast (5), Maximal, Recharge, Overheats
Legion Bolt Pistol 30m S/2/– 1d10+9 X Pen 4 Clip 24/24; Reload Half Special: Tearing
Legion Chainsword 1d10+17 R Pen: 3 Special: Tearing, Balanced

Skills:
Athletics (+20), Awareness (Per), Command (Fel),
Dodge (Ag) +10, Forbidden Lore (Daemons, Warp) (Int),
Intimidate (S) +20, Literacy (Low Gothic, High Gothic,
Unholy Tongue) (Int) +10, Scrutiny (Per), Survival (Int).

Talents:
Die Hard, Fearless, Flesh Render, Hatred (Loyalist Space Marines),
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight, Smell), Jaded, Lightning Reflexes, Paranoia, Quick
Draw, Rapid Reload, Swift Attack, True Grit.
Traits:
Amphibious, Fear (1), Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4).
pre:
Name: Cyrus The Red
 WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
 70   60 50[70]   50   60   40   50   50   25

SB: 11 TB: 9 Wounds: 26  Armour: 10 Body, 8 All Else.
Dodge: 70

Weapons
Legion Plasma Gun 100m S/2/– 1d10+12E Pen: 10 Clip: 24/24 Rld: 2.5 Full Special: Maximal, Overheats
*Maximal 110m S/2/– 2d10+12E Pen: 12 Clip: 24/24 Rld: 2.5 Full Special: Maximal, Recharge, Overheats
Legion Bolt Pistol 30m S/2/– 1d10+9 X Pen 4 Clip 24/24; Reload Half Special: Tearing
Legion Power Sword 1d10+17 R Pen: 6 Special: Power Field, Balanced

Skills:
Athletics (+20), Awareness (Per), Command (Fel),
Dodge (Ag) +10, Forbidden Lore (Daemons, Warp) (Int),
Intimidate (S) +20, Literacy (Low Gothic, High Gothic,
Unholy Tongue) (Int) +10, Scrutiny (Per), Survival (Int).

Talents:
Die Hard, Fearless, Flesh Render, Hatred (Loyalist Space Marines),
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight, Smell), Jaded, Lightning Reflexes, Paranoia, Quick
Draw, Rapid Reload, Lightning Attack, True Grit.
Traits:
Amphibious, Fear (1), Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4).

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Oh yeah roll initiative real quick.

Enemy Intiatives
Tacticals Intiative: 3#1d10+6 8 12 16
Apothecary: 1d10+6 13
Captain: 1d10+5 6
Fatepointing
Captain: 1d10+5 11
Tactical #1 16
Apothecary 13
Tactical #2 12
Captain 11
Tactical #3 8

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 7, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Kayleen

"Oh me, oh my, you boys grew up so big and strong. Nice compensator with that sword though, we were never quite able to root out the cause of the extreme genital shrinkage in your legion's geneseed."
She levels the prototype assault weapon. "Maybe I'll be able to fix that after I harvest it from your corpse.":vomarine:

(REMEMBER: You get +2 init from both Kay and her minion having combat formation, and may use your Int bonus instead of Agi for calculation init
Kay goes on 20

Hug-bot goes on 13

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 7, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Oh yeah one more thing some special rules are in play regarding their fatepoint usage.
1. Fire never dies alone: If a Imperial Fist Marine is killed without catastrophic damage to either the vital box (Blow his chest complete out), or the central nervous system (a head shot). He will be able to last stand per deathwatch rules.
2. Headshots: A kill caused by a headshot will prevent the use of fatepoints to avoid its death either by spend fate to recover wounds or burn fate to last stand.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe
Ooohhh poo poo space marines. Ugh just their luck that Khulan ran off somewhere to get killed as well. She frowns, simply pulling out her plasma rifle and aiming at someone important. The Apothecary should do, she didn't want to waste one of her precious shots on a stupid forcefield. Might as well take out his head for funsies too!

1d10 + 4(agility) + 2(quick and the dead) + 2(kay) = 15

Half Action aim + Called shot (head)

1d100 vs 86(66 + 10(aim) -20(called shot) + 20(deadeye shot, sharpshooter) + 10(accurate)) = 75

Damage 30 + a zealous hatred that mandozer rolled

pre:
WS BS S  T  AG INT PER WP FEL INF
34 66 29 33 42 35  59  42 45  52

Wounds: 15/15 IP 5/5

Weapons:
Common Bolt Pistol            1d10+5X  Pen 4  Clip 8  Rld 1 Full Tearing
Common Plasma Pistol          1d10+7E  Pen 8  Clip 10 Rld 3 Full Maximal, Overheats
Good Hand Flamer              1d10+4E  Pen 2  Clip 2  Rld 1 Full Flame, Spray
Prototype Plasma Sniper Rifle 2d10+12E Pen 12 Clip 5  Rld 3 Full Accurate, Recharge, Overheats, Special Ammo (Purified Plasma)

Stealth
Common Synskin +10 to stealth tests
Good Camo Cloak +20 to concealment 

Skills/Traits
Athletics, Awareness + 10, Dodge + 10, Parry, Stealth +10, Jaded, Quick Draw, Rapid reload, Marksman
Mighty Shot, Disarm, Two Weapon Wielder, Deadeye Shot, Sharpshooter, Eye of Vengeance, Unnatural WP(4)
Favored of the Warp, Radiant Presence, ADROIT(Agility), THE QUICK AND THE DEAD

POWERS (Psy rating 5)
Precognition: Evasion + 10(active)
Preternatural Awareness: Unnatural Perception(5) (active)
Precognative Dodge
Precognative Strike
Warp-Flame Ward

Xun fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 13, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Oh yeah that last stand poo poo, I found the rules for it and this is kinda ahahahahah wow. Here's the raw text, afterwards is how I'm gonna implement it.

quote:

Heroic Sacrifice (Optional)
No Battle-Brother ever dies in vain as long as he dies in the
Emperor’s service. At the GM’s discretion, he may allow players
to choose the option of Heroic Sacrifice if they know that their
characters have no other options to continue serving the Emperor
or wish to sell their lives for the greater good. When a player’s
character is in a position to burn his final Fate Point to save his
character’s life (Space Marines would only make this choice if
there is no other way to survive!), he may instead choose to
burn the point anyway and make a Heroic Sacrifice instead. A
character declares at the start of his Turn that he is performing
a Heroic Sacrifice as a Free Action. Then, for a number of Turns
equal to his Toughness Bonus (including the turn in which
the Sacrifice was declared), the character can ignore all further
critical effects with the exception of those which render limbs
or senses useless (such as blown-off limbs and blindness). The
character also receives one ‘free’ Fate Point each turn, which
may be used in the normal fashion (see page 204) though it is
lost if not spent. At the end of this period, the character will die
regardless of any other factors. Fate Points gained as part of the
Heroic Sacrifice cannot be burnt to save the character’s life. It
is important to note that a Space Marine would never willingly
put himself in the position of heroic sacrifice where doing so
would make his gene-seed impossible to retrieve.
If the character’s sacrifice was particularly meaningful and
made a difference to the outcome of the Kill-team’s mission, the
GM may award the player a bonus for his next character. For
more details on this see page 271 in Chapter IX: The Game
Master.

tl;dr this is the modified version for these NPCs because that poo poo is meant for players.

1: They have the potential to continue 8 to 9 combat turns (their TB) until you stop them permanently.
2: They will either regenerate 1d10 "ablative wounds" per turn with that free fate point they get or reroll an attack that will allow them to (potentially)kill one of you or wound one of you if they hit.
3: They will die early if you blow their heads off (defined as putting them in critical with enough excess damage to deal with their true grit of 8-9 TB reducing it to a minimum of 1 and achieve a critical condition that results in a kill. If you do this immedietely we don't go through this step at all.
4. They will also die if you achieve kill critical results on two non head locations or do extreme damage that I cannot possibly let them live. Speaking of which.
5. Hitting them with Anti-Vehicle such as the Lascannon or Plasma Cannon will kill them outright and skip the "shoot them in the head rule" as those weapons are so destructive it won't leave much of a space marine to do anything.

I'm trying to get across an experience of "HOLY poo poo THIS IS TOUGH" and challenge you guys. That said they are NPCs they are going to die one way or the other. I believe you can do this. If this turns out to be too much, they'll die faster.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jun 7, 2014

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Lysander

"Space Marines? What a delightful surprise! Which of you wants to be the next addition to my trophy rack?"

Lysander smiles widely at the chance to wreak a little vengeance for his long-lost world, and with a wave of his hand Naff joins him in opening fire on the nearest Tactical Marine.

Lysander Initiative 1d10+4(int)+2(kay)+2(QaD)=: 1d10+8 17

Half Action Aim + Standard Attack (Maximal)

1d100 vs 89=49+10(aim)+10(RDLS)+10(Single Shot)+10(Short Range)=4
pre:
41    49  45(65)  54    31     40      32     40    64

Wounds: 28/28       IP: 5/5
Armour: 8 All

Plasma Gun               90m   S/2/–   1d10+8E    10    25    --    5 Full   Maximal(+10m range, +1d10 Dam, +2 Pen, 3x ammo consumption, Recharge) 
-GQ (Reliable), Overheats (91+ roll=hit to arm, Agi test or drop, next round cooldown), RDLS (+10 BS Single Shot), Extended Mag

Power Sword                            1d10+5E    5                          Power Field, Balanced (+10 Parry)
-GQ (+5 hit/parry), Cursed Metal (Test toughness after battle if ever used, fail=1 wound taken ignoring all armor and toughness)

Good Laspistol           30m   S/2/–   1d10+2E,   0     30    --    Half     Reliable

Blight Grenades          18m   S/-/-   2d10E      0      1     12            Toxic (2), Blast (6)(cloud remains for 1d10 rounds, deals 1d10E Toxic damage to anyone entering it) 
-(All damage ignores armor that isn't sealed)

Haywire Grenades         18m   S/-/-   0          0      1     3             Haywire (3)

Notable Abilities:

-Awareness 32
-Dodge 31
-Parry 41 Base
--Power Sword Parry:  36 (lack weapon training (power), bonuses come out to -5)
-Unnatural Toughness (+4)

-Vomit Toughness Bonus worth of Nurglings as free action once per battle (Each makes a Melee Attack at WS 30 at an enemy within 3 metres, 
dealing 1d10+1R Pen 0 Damage with the Toxic (1) Quality, then dissipates back into the Warp in a cloud of foul smelling mist)

-Stuff of Nightmares
-Unshakeable Will
-Quick Draw
-Nerves of Steel
-Mighty Shot (+1/2 BS bonus to all ranged damage)
-Master Chirurgeon
-Jaded
-Iron Discipline (Followers reroll failed WP tests against Fear/Pinning)
-Inspire Wrath
-Hatred: Adeptus Astartes
-Disturbing Voice
-(Power Armor)
--Size (Hulking) 
--Dark Sight
--Heightened Senses (Sight, Sound)
-Trophy Rack (-5 WS to enemies in melee)

Immunities/Resistances:

-Psychic Power Resistance (+10 to tests against)
-SoN: Immune to poison, bleeding, stunning, disease, breathing, most environmental hazards, 
and crit effects except those that destroy me outright or come from psychic powers, force weapons, or sanctified weapons
Naff

Naff gurgles joyfully at the opportunity to murder something and raises his autocannon at his master's target.

Naff Initiative 1d10+3(agi)+2(kay): 1d10+5 11

Half Action Aim + Standard Attack

1d100 vs 74=44+10(aim)+10(Single Shot)+10(Short Range)=58

pre:
43    44    55     56   30     20     39     41    39

Wounds: 30/30
Armour: 7 All
Loyalty 74

Greatsword               --     --     2d10+1R    2     --    --     --      Unwieldy, Ogryn-Proof, Toxic (0)
-BQ(+1 Dam, +10 WS on use), Mono, Venom Drip (Toxic (0))

M34 Autocannon          300m   S/3/-   3d10+8I    6     20    --     2 Full  Ogryn-Proof, Reliable
-BQ (Never jams, only misses)

Ripper Gun              30m    S/-/6   1d10+8I    0     48    --     2 Full  Ogryn-Proof, Scatter

Frag Grenades           21m    S/-/-   2d10X      0     1      5     --      Ogryn-Proof, Blast (3)

Notable Abilities:
-Awareness 19
-Auto-Stablised
-Size (Hulking)
-Dodge 50
-Parry 53
-Berserk Charge
-Combat Master
-Crushing Blow
-Hammer Blow
-Frenzy
-Iron Jaw
-Swift Attack
-Stuff of Nightmares
-Sturdy
-Unnatural Toughness (+2)
-Unnatural Strength (+2)
-Thunder Charge

Immunities/Resistances
-Stuff of Nightmares

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Red borders are you yellow borders are imperial fists.
Green is Lysander little green is his minion. Grey is kayleen little grey is his robo. Yellow is Korthuchu, Black is amirault, the little blacks are the CSM. Mourna is the one in the middle of the room. Yellow Blue are tacticals, Yellow pink is the apothecary, purple blue is the captain.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Amirault the Black

The Black Legionnaire's lightning claws flare into life as he clenches his fist, grinning furiously under his visor. "Eason, what a surprise to see you have survived. And I see you still bear your old wound with pride, or perhaps to remind you of your past failings?" Bringing his claws together with a flash of energy, Amirault points towards the marines. "Mourna! Fire for effect, maximal setting! Cyrus, on the commander! Destroy that link!"

Mourna grunts, hefting the plasma cannon and taking aim as best he can towards the center of the marines, before firing a single, massive sphere of white hot plasma, set to bathe the Iron Idiots in its corrosive energy. Cyrus does the same, taking aim with his pistol on Eason and firing a smaller sphere.

Once his two men have fired, Amirault lets loose a horrible cry and charges into the fray, his arms splayed to the side and his claws raking through the scenery around him in a show of power. He grins as he closes in, before swinging his fists in a frenzy at the captain.

Okay. I am delaying until after Cyrus; Mourna is firing his Plasma Cannon on Maximal at the Captain (who I named Eason), and Cyrus is firing his gun at the same guy on maximal.

Amirault is then charging and Lightning Attacking.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4528043/ Amirault Initiative, 14
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4528045/ Mourna 16, Cyrus 13
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4528051/ Mourna vs 80, 39
3d10+12E Pen: 12, Blast 5
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4528052/ Cyrus vs 70, 94 (Thought he had fate points and rerolled, then noticed he didn't)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4528055/ Amirault vs 55, 5
1d10+6+8(SB)+12(Special)E, Pen 8, Proven 4; Claws do +2 damage per DoS; I've landed my maximum number of melee hits with Lightning Attack.

It's late so combat block will come later

Wounds: 20/20
Armor: 18
TB: 9
Conversion field: PR 50, Overloads on 1, Photon Flash when protecting 12 or more damage

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

Kayleen's laser sprays the same marine Chloe just did while her drone makes a little whirrrr ing noise as it moves around the rest of the war band and then THINGS GET REALLY REALLY BRIGHT AND NOISY. A tidal wave of sonic weaponry washes over the hapless imperials as the rest of the warbands' weapons chatter around it.

(Full Auto on apothecary, Half aim+10,short range+10, fa-10=BS55 Result 9

Hugbug unleashes the Ectoplasmic assault cannon (regular mode) They need to roll a successful agility+0 or be hit by 6d10 Pen 12.)

pre:
Kay
28 45 45 40 45 70  52  36 57  51

Infamy Points: 3/5
Armor: 21 
Wounds:16
TB: 8

Weapons:
M29 Assault Laser  -/-/5  150m  2d10+10E Pen 2  Clip 100     2 Full Reliable

Skills/Traits
Athletics,Awareness (+20vs sight),Dodge+10,Medicae+10(+20 Narth)
Tech Use+20(+10 M.Enginseer)

Jaded, Step Aside
pre:
Hug-Bug

WS BS S  T  AG INT PER WP FEL
31 49(60)43 48 42  43  37 35
      UnT(4)
Wounds: 16 
Armor: 16 
TB 8
Size: 5 (hulking)

Skills:
medicae,techuse dodge+20, awareness, concealment

Talents:

combat formation, hardy, jaded, marksman, 
storm of iron, step aside, armormonger, sprint,
hipshooting, wt: clarion canno, las

Traits:
sycophant, fanatic, phase, flyer 6, machine 6, autostabilized,
unnatural toughness 4

Weapons
C.Cannon   40m S/–/– 6d10    E 6 24 6 Full
Concussive (1), Devastating (3), Melta, Overcharge, Overheats, Spray

Lascannon 300m S/–/– 5d10+10 E 10 5 2 Full Proven (3)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 8, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

TEAM HANGER DECK
With the exception of the Death Guard, dulsatae, all of you are either shaken or frozen in place. But you are not the only one touched by the warp and driven to fear. Suddenly there are multiple deafening explosions and blue light filling the hangers. An imperial navy crewman, struck by fear, dropped what he was holding. A fully armed plasma bomb being hotloaded onto a Starhawk is detonated setting off a chain reaction across the "southern" part of the hanger. An entire squadron of fighter craft and the bombers that were in the process of being rigged to be towed to the lifts blow up spectacularly, any crew or pilots near them being turned into a blood pink mist or eviscerated by shrapnel. Those who are fortunate enough to be wearing helmets actually have their eardrums intact. Everyone else in the hanger is either dead or less fortunate. Even on the "north side" there are crewmen who are walking around aimlessly, blood leaking from their ears unable to hear anything. The guard platoon that was moving in you clearly hear run the other way. The other platoon that was in the bay was less fortunate. 3 squads were killed when that guy dropped a "hot" plasma bomb at his feet. The surviving squad is deaf and wandering around the hanger towards the fires, trying to find their friends or help any survivors. You hear them screaming at the top of their lungs, barely intelligible. The sentries in the towers watching over the bay cower in their posts in fear. One at the far end of the tower seems to have gone beserk as they begin firing wildly into the smoke and cause even more chaos, hitting the odd exposed fuel barrel and such. What do you guys do?

Ok the guard platoon that was coming in was broken outright as a formation, all 4 squads and their lieutenant failed their willpower test so their formations dissolve and every guardsmen is beating feet the way they came. They will rally within 2 combat turns and within the 3rd or 4th they'll be pouring back in. You have a full kilometer to cover to get to the lifts and you are on the south side of the hanger. Map is not to scale, if someone wants to make a map to scale feel free.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 9, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Also as soon as Zikan has posted his action. I'll move you guys forward.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Kothurchu

As the opposition presents himself, Kothurchu can feel a deep anger welling up in him. The little reason he had left departed him as he saw worthy foes for sacrifice to the Red God. Emitting a guttural roar of bloodlust, he activates his jump pack and flies directly at the Apocathary. He tears at his foe, a man possessed, the power sword flying faster then the eye can see.

The Red Strom had arrived.

Initiative (Space Marine Fight) 1d10+4(Ag)+2(QaD)+2(Kay): 1d10+4+2+2 16

I got first so therefore I will

Quick draw Inferno Pistol to replace Bolt Pistol as a free action. Jetpack charge at Apocathary.

SINGLE CHARGE ATTACK BECAUSE FFG IS NO FUN 61+30=91 TN: 1d100 86 0 DoS

Spend one Infamy Point to add a DoS

Jetpack charge Raptor applies. 1 DoS so extra 1d10

1d10+1d10+17+4=2d10+21 per hit.

SINGLE CHARGE DAMAGE: 2d10+21 34 Pen: 7

Any weapon that parries this hit is automatically destroyed unless it has a power field or is a force weapon.

Dodge if hit at with gunfire. Parry at 91 if hit in melee. Any weapon that I parry is auto destroyed as above. Also use counter attack for immediate free attack if parry is successful. TN on that is 41. Note that due to Step Aside I have two parry/dodge attempts per round, although they both can't be used against the same attack

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
61     48     50(60)    50    42     29     31     29     38

Wounds: 18/18      IP: 4/5
Armour: 7 All  Force Field: 1-30 Overload: 1-10
Initiative: +6

Bolt Pistol          30m  S/2/-   1d10+5 X  4     8/8   -     2 Full   Tearing
Inferno Pistol      10m  S/-/-   2d10+10 E  12     3/3   2     Full    Melta   
Power Sword        20m  -/-/-   1d10+17 E  7     -/-   -     -     Power Field,
-Balanced (+10 Parry) GQ (+5 Hit and Parry) Duelist Grip (+5 Parry) Storm Field*

Legion Frag      30m  S/-/-   2d10+2 X  0     1/1   -     12 -   Blast(4)
Legion Krak      30m  S/-/-   2d10+8 X  6     1/1   -     3 -  

*Storm Field: +2 Damage and Pen/Auto-destroys non-power/force/natural/warp weapons that are involved in a parry
On unmodified 91-00 take hit that cannot be evaded w/o strength bonus (1d10+7)

Notable Abilities:
- Attacks during a charge cannot be parried by enemies
- Awareness 31
- Dodge 52
- Parry 71 Base
       -w/ Power Sword 91
- Jaded
- Unnatural Strength (4)
- Brutal Charge (4) 
- Quick Draw
- Rapid Reload
- Disarm
- Counter Attack
- Furious Assault
- Battle Rage
- Frenzy
- Combat Master
- Swift Attack
- Step Aside
- Crushing Blow
- Lightning Attack
- Blademaster
- Raptor

Immunities and Resistances:
- Resistant Psychic Powers
- Nullify all direct and AOE psychic powers against me (Brass Collar of Khorne)

Zikan fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 10, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Can't lightning attack on a charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See your errata. Believe me I know, I tried the same drat thing.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Switching target to the captain. 69vIron Halo

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

[15:12] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> so
[15:12] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> i've discovered this poo poo called xenonauts
[15:12] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> which is basically oldschool xcom redone
[15:12] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> so i'm not updating till the weekend
[15:12] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> I mean I might
[15:12] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> but i need to get this videogame crack rock out of my system
[15:13] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> i got bored of tropico 5 in two days
[15:13] <MANDOZERTHEGREAT> I figure I should be back to normal by friday

SORRY FOR THE WAIT!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gonna give you the rawest of updates, aka just the crunch. I am loving tired so tommorow I will fluff it up. Tl;dr zikan dies, space marine captain dies, NPC Plasma Cannon duder is in crits and got knocked out of the room by reaction fire. Squad Broken
Chloe and Lysander are on fire because a headless flaming space marine captain ran past them post mortem and gave them the cooties before he hit a wall and finally stopped moving.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 13, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dulsatae, Herald of Nurgle's Comforting Embrace

Dulsatae cocks his head in the direction of the explosions as the plasma bombs detonate. That such destruction was being wrought with no Input from the Death Guard was something he regretted, but he would take advantage of the situation. Drawing his plasma gun and combibolter, he begins to scan the deck for some conveyance that would carry their whole war band once their deed was done.

He scans for a Storm Eagle, that would be the preferred conveyance, though its presence would mean that Loyalist marines were aboard.

Okay, looking for some ship big enough to hold us. Skipping fighters and bombers, looking for lighters, landers, or a storm eagle.

Werix fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 13, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The big yellow ships on the north side just so happen to be IMPERIAL LANDERS!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

OK so after realizing the actual effect of vengeance rounds translated to Black Crusade, the round becomes a lot more brutal.
Elapsed Combat Time: 0 Seconds
Kayleen starts off the firefight by leveling her M29 Assault Laser at the Apothecary who is closing in. She lands 4 solid hits which stagger the marine back some. Though there are holes burned into the ceramite going across from his right leg to his Left arm, the marine, though struggling to breathe, is still a threat. (-20 wounds inflicted, zealous hatred. Target can only take a half action on his next turn). Lysander takes aim with his plasma gun at one of the Sternguard Veteran, Navarre. His shot lands true, striking the Marine's Left leg. Puzzling Lysander though, is the fact that the man didn't even attempt to dodge the shot. Did he just not see it coming? The attack burned a fist sized hole into the mans upper thigh but Konrad doesn't seem to show any signs of being adversely affected. He didn't even flinch though he does have a helmet on. Maybe he's gritting his teeth underneath his face plate you wonder. (10 Wounds inflicted) Then you wonder no more as to why these troops have the nickname Angels of Death. One after the other, the 3 Sternguard Fists pop up and shoulder their bolters, all aiming at Mourna who is carrying your squad's Plasma Cannon. A barrage of bolter rounds fly across the room, with blue tracers as opposed to the normal red or orange you've generally seen in combat in combat. Mourna uses the bulk of his Plasma Cannon to throw himself to the side, dodging the first burst but the other marines strike true. 2 Shots punch through his left leg and one through his body. Mourna screams in pain but is still moving. As he rises to get his footing and perhaps fire back another burst of rounds strike him in the chest and go clean through. The first shot sends him flying back 3 metres where he hits a bulkhead. The second shot catches the man while he's down and all a stunned and shocked Mourna sees next is his vision turning white and then oblivion. His Ammo Backpack full of flammable plasma detonates spectacularly, destroying consoles, vaporizing crewmen who were cowering behind them, and severely burning poor naff, his armor destroyed by the force of the explosion. Kayleen's "Hug-Bug" Combat drone, following pre programmed subroutines to ensure the survival of its operator, scoots in front of Kayleen to take the brunt of the plasma blast. Armor is melted and a diagnostic query shows red for structural integrity. Primary combat systems are still online and the unit is still functional. Luckily for Amirault the Black, he manages to dive for the deck and get out of the way of the blast, diving forward. When he's back on his feet, he sees the Captain Eanus in front of him and gets ready to rip him apart. Its a bit hard for him to see though considering that blood stains his helmets auto-senses, but the death of a comrade/rival only further drives him to want to kill.
(Naff takes 20 damage, armor is completely destroyed for the purposes of soaking damage until repaired with spare parts. Hug-Bug is down to 1 wound. Dyne, take a -10 to BS/WS tests because of the fact you are soaked in gore and blood. It doesn't matter anyway cause your attack goes through anyway. Might wanna wipe that poo poo off though! Oh and incase you are wondering why the Tacticals jumped initiative, its cause they literally did. They all spent a FP to count as rolling 10 for initiative to get off that barrage.)

After that barrage, the Sternguard pause only a moment to resight on the other black legionnaire, Cyrus the Red, and the Ogryn Naff. Konrad and Raimer open up on Cyrus whilst Navarre engages the Ogryn. Again the results are particularly brutal yet efficient. Kayleen might appreciate it if she wasn't busy trying to stay alive. A burst of bolter rounds stitch his right arm and end at his chest piece, the barrage blowing the marine back against the bulkhead and knocking him down. Ramsay, engaging Naff fires off two shots into naff and his last shot into cyrus's leg causing him to die screaming. As the last of the vengeance bolter rounds detonates inside the ogryns chest, the whole room effectively explodes. As Naff dies, his grenades explode, cooking off his autocannon and ripper ammo which shoots off in all directions. The grenade explosions cooks off the grenades on cyrus's soon to be dead body and puts him out of his misery seconds before he would have died from his wounds. The Apothecary Raimer takes an autocannon round in the chest and coupled with the grenade explosion from Naff and Cyrus dies and is send flying back 4 metres. His ammunition supplies were thankfully short and his grenades were already expended. His body is now a funeral pyre, flames burning fiercely all alongside him. (2 Metres around his body in all directions there are flames. Don't get burned!)

Chloe's psychic abilities allow her to dodge the subsequent explosions and ammo cookoffs easily. Lysander meanwhile doesn't flinch when the buckshot from a ripper gun round is stopped by his armor, he does scream when Cyrus's Legion Frag Grenades cook off shortly there after and blast him with white hot shrapnel. Korthuchu isn't as fortunate as these two and catches an AC round square in the chest. It sends him flying back a metre and knocks him out. Whether he's alive or dead is anyone's guess at this point if they even noticed what happened to him. This place was turned from placid into hell in the void within the first 3 seconds. Amirault manages to duck and dodge stray AC rounds, ripper buckshot, and one explosions easily as he moves to tear apart his old rival. He gets hit the back by a massive chunk of shrapnel and Naff's femur which gets lodged in his side but it barely gives him pause. Kayleen, though basically a full conversion cyborg at this point and heavily armored to boot, is still affected by the frag grenade explosion. The sheer force of the blast causes enough damage to internal systems to register on her heads up display. Multiple breaches of his power armour are noted as well. Please see maintenance to deal with the loss of structural integrity.

As the dust settles and the body parts start spraying around, almost everyone has a piece of naff or Cyrus all over them.
(Lysander Take 16 wounds, Amirault 6, Kayleen 8. Korthuchu is Crit 5. Stunned for 2 rounds, suffering from 5 levels of fatigue. Kayleen, Hug-Bug, and Lysander are affected by the gore shower. -10 to WS/BS.)

Amirault gets up in Eason's poo poo, pulling off a masterful clinic on how to use Lightning Claws for full effect. Eason dodges 3 of the swings. The last strike seems destined to open eason's chest up in the same place Amirault gutted him the first time back on Terra but its repelled by the Iron Halo's force field. "You've gotten soft! Did Horus's defeat take so much out of your legion?" He gets ready to swing but before he does, Hug-Bug acquires its target and fires its ectoplasm cannon. Amirault hears a strange melody and turns his head for a moment before realizing he needs to get the gently caress out of the way. Stepping out of the way, Eason is struck, too busy trying to identify what direction the sound was coming from to realize it was an attack. His insides are shaken apart by the vibrations of the melody as they go from simple song to maximum amplification, the song sounding twisted and chaotic. Where there should be piano keys or violins there is instead the screeching sound of death and lyrics done by a Salamander Marine? Not possible, he died on Istvaan V. Eason thinks as his body is wracked with pain. As he's just about to gasp to breath when the attack is over, Chloe lands a perfect shot between his eyes. His skull explodes, a red cybernetic eye flying across the room and pinging Chloe on her face as the body runs past her and Lysander on fire. Chloe relaxes for a moment, take in the glow and adrenaline rush that follows the kill until she smells something burning, her. Lysander also catches on fire as the dead Space Marine captain body bumps into him and doesn't stop till it hits the wall behind him. Even then his legs are still moving as if he was running, arms still moving.

(Lysander/Xun suffer from the effects of fire, check the core rulebook for details.)
Elapsed Combat Time: 5 Seconds

New Initiative Order
Kayleen 20 (Wounded)
Lysander 17 (Wounded, on Fire)
Tactical #1 (Konrad) 16 (AB 5)
Kothurchu 16 (AB 4) (Stunned 2 Rounds, Fatigue 5, Crit 5))
Amirault 14 (AB 4)
Xun 13 (AB 4) (On fire)
Kayleen's Minion 13 (AB 4) (Heavily Damaged)
Tactical #2 (Ramsay)12
Tactical #3 (Navarre)8

Casualties (In chronological order)
Mourna, Burns the Innocent (NPC Chosen Chaos Space Marine, Black Legion)
Naff (NPC Minion, Plague Ogryn)
Cyrus The Red (NPC Chosen Chaos Space Marine, Black Legion)
Apothecary Raimer (NPC Imperial Fist Apothecary)
Captain Eason (NPC Imperial Fist Captain)

Notes for Round 2: All Imperial Fists are in Solo Mode, the death of their captain has broke their squad. They no longer gain the benefits of the Signum since Captain Eason, who had the Signum, is dead. Network is off line.
Enemy Status:
Eason: KIA
Konrad: Healthy 2 Fate Points left.
Navarre: Wounded 2 Fate Points left.
Ramsay: Healthy 3 Fate Points left.
Raimer: KIA

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 14, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"...THE ARISTOCRATS"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Crunch notes from last combat round below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

But no, seriously, that was pretty hosed up, time to finish this fast or the raw materi-er, patients will be past recovery. She aims at the first tactical marine while HB continues to serenade them with classic, sonic death.

(Full Auto on tacmarine, Half aim+10,short range+10, fa-10=BS55 Result 33=3 hits

Hugbug unleashes another sound blast (regular mode), trying to manuver to his the most amount of enemies while not hitting any teammates. They need to roll a successful agility+0 or be hit by 6d10 Pen 12 concussive (2).)

pre:
Kay
28 45 45 40 45 70  52  36 57  51

Infamy Points: 3/5
Armor: 21 
Wounds:8/16
TB: 4

Weapons:
M29 Assault Laser  -/-/5  150m  2d10+10E Pen 2  Clip 100     2 Full Reliable

Skills/Traits
Athletics,Awareness (+20vs sight),Dodge+10,Medicae+10(+20 Narth)
Tech Use+20(+10 M.Enginseer)

Jaded, Step Aside
pre:
Hug-Bug

WS BS S  T  AG INT PER WP FEL
31 49(60)43 48 42  43  37 35
      UnT(4)
Wounds: 1/16 
Armor: 16 
TB 8
Size: 5 (hulking)

Skills:
medicae,techuse dodge+20, awareness, concealment

Talents:

combat formation, hardy, jaded, marksman, 
storm of iron, step aside, armormonger, sprint,
hipshooting, wt: clarion canno, las

Traits:
sycophant, fanatic, phase, flyer 6, machine 6, autostabilized,
unnatural toughness 4

Weapons
C.Cannon   40m S/–/– 6d10    E 6 23/24 6 Full
Concussive (1), Devastating (3), Melta, Overcharge, Overheats, Spray

Lascannon 300m S/–/– 5d10+10 E 10 5 2 Full Proven (3)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 14, 2014

• Locked thread