Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Kayleen

"Aren't you one of those Bird botherers? Because few things are as consitent and predictable as a closed electrical circuit. Tzeench don't like predictability. Be the Change you want to see Chloe; break expectations by being a circuit breaker."

Kayleen throws the switch.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

you may keep armour monger, consider yourself in exp debt for it if you take this deal and let me know by how much. I already showcased armourmonger earlier so thats why I don't want you to lose that talent.

Lets say this poo poo happens in 10 rounds no matter what and if I fudge the distances a bit so be it. I dunno if you noticed but I don't roll poo poo unless I gotta or read up on poo poo unless I gotta!

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jul 26, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

simsense cumshots posted:

you may keep armour monger, consider yourself in exp debt for it if you take this deal and let me know by how much. I already showcased armourmonger earlier so thats why I don't want you to lose that talent.

Okay, got it marked on my sheet then. Puts me at a debt of 475 exp.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
The Clawman

The Clawman snicks its claws in anticipation as it follows Julian across the hangar to the next door. "Your plan is most ingenious, sorceror," it rasps. "The Architect would be pleased."

I'll push Compel to make some random guardsmen pull pins on their grenades, try and sow some confusion in the ones that Julian doesn't drop into the next level: WP 62 - 10 (difficult) + 30 (PR 3 + 3) + 5 (blasphemous incantation) = 87. If any make it to the door before Waci melts the floor I'll chop them up with my axe or use Psychic Scream (see last post).

Initiative: 10

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hanger Crew
The Clawman reaches into the mind of a guardsman, compelling him to reach for a frag grenade on his belt and yank the pin. Within 3 seconds, the soldier is gone and so are 2 more of the closest near him. Others are heavily wounded and screaming but they keep on pouring in. Dulsatae advances whilst mercilessly gunning down guardsman, kill 6 of them in a burst of explosive bolts with ease. Julian summons a storm of change that devastates the formation and kills scores of men. The survivors focus fire on the thousand sons sorceror, the Daemon Prince imprisoned within the blade allowing a score of overcharged lasgun bolts to pierce past his defenses so he could hear Julian Scream before blocking the last fusillade is blocked by the daemons princes will, the lasgun pulses being stopped by a shimmering blue forcefield in the shape of a twisted hand.

The guardsman stop firing briefly as a breeze passes by Julian and everyone near him, including the guardsman as they take in the moment. Everyone is hit with a sense of dread as if something more horrible that the slaughter before them has just happened. Then they resume firing wildly again at the shot of boltpistols blowing one of their number apart. As one of the biggest soldiers charges forward carrying a heavy flamer, The Clawman reaches into his mind and rips apart his will, usihg him as a puppet to turn around and set the soldiers behind him ablaze, immolating a dozen before he's cut down by Dulsatae, who claims another score of victims himself. Julian again summons the storm of change which distorts everyone reality as every sound echoes. Speech, weapons fire, the pulsing heart in your chest, all that echoes inside everyones skull as another score of guardsman are broken apart. They again try to focus fire on Julian to take down the Sorceror who is utterly destroying so many of their brothers and sisters in arms. And their efforts are for naught as the Daemon Prince within the blade blocks dozens upon dozens of las shots. Reality bends as the hand opens and holds blue ethereal fire in its palm, the lasgun pulses crossing an invisible threshold. If one looked hard enough they would see the light converted to...icecubes that melt on contact with the flame and have no effect.

This display breaks the guardsman as someone screams for the retreat. Bolt pistols roar out and the guardsman fire on those who tried to keep them in line, far more afraid of the heretics awesome power than damnation, betraying the emperor and their home, or the lethal authority of the commissars. As the 3 move into the passageway to massacre the rest of the guardsman, the corridor is filled with gusts of wind that extinguish the flames of all the burning bodies. Helmets from those who lost their heads to dulsatae's bolter fire or were literally melted down by ethereal fire roll around the corridors, carried by the wind. Satisfied that no more reinforcements are coming, they go back into the hanger and run to the stormbird.

Corypheus, having spent minutes sustaining his powers to "fly" into the stormraven, reveals himself by materializing and unleashing all his hate and powers, pushing his might to eradicate all the stormtroopers. He revels in his power, feeling the energies of the warp flow through him like never before. A breeze blows by Corypheus and the now conscious Techmarine and again the feeling of dread hits all involved. Going ethereal again as the Techmarine attempts to disembark the stormraven to deal with whoever took the lives of the stormtroopers under his command, he slips through the hull and rematerializes infront of the techmarine. Before the Imperial Fist can fire his bolter, Corypheus hits him with a bolt of change using all his might and causes the marine to explode in a burst of warp energy. Blood drenched all on his face, Corypheus does absolutely nothing for a moment, just taking in the afterglow of the moment and pondering what he has done. He has never before in his life felt such a power, and for about 10 minutes he enjoys utter bliss. The rest of the team is securing the Stormraven as you hear the message from Vice Admiral Graves go over the intercom. Dulsatae hits the controls for the lift as the Admiral gives his speech and you take the stormraven all the way up to the flight deck.

quote:

“This is Vice Admiral Graves. I don’t have a lot of time so I’m going to make this one fast. All Imperial Guard personnel are to make their way planeside immediately. Black Legion forces are running amok on various levels of the station. As Commanding Officer of this battle station, I will not see her fall into the hands of heretics to be used against our people. Self-Destruct is activated. Those of you who can make it to the dropships, do so. Those who cannot, commit your souls to the emperor. Graves out.”

Over the course of 2 rounds, Waci/Werix/MO caused 56 magnitude damage to the horde breaking it. Waci took 15 damage. Lord Koth unlocked SPECIAL ABILITY: ALPHA PSYKER or whatever that shits called. You can push above PR 10. Currently Lord Koth can count as PR 14 if he really wants to but this will not go without consequence. You draw attention from the warp anytime you burn that loving bright in the immaterium, expect something wicked to come your way.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Aug 9, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Julian

Julian walks back to the captured Stormraven with his armour filled with bleeding holes. Despite having to training in biomancy, it only takes the lightest mental nudge to get the warp to knit his flesh back together, and heatless flames dance on the edges of the holes in his armour as they close. Clearly the God of Change looked favourably upon what they had done. When they take the Stormraven to the flight deck, he voxes the part of the team that went to secure the bridge. "Hangar, flight deck, and captured Stormraven secured. How are things on the bridge? What's this I'm hearing about a self destruct?"

Spending an infamy point to heal, recovering 6 wounds. This leaves me at 13 wounds and 4 infamy points left.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

The Clawman

Strange mechanisms hidden beneath a billowing robe shudder as a delicious thrill of pleasure shoots through the Clawman. It had not tasted fear so sweet in a long time. The looks on the foolish servants of the Corpse God as their own comrades turned against them. This memory would definitely be stored in its data-vault for perusal later.

"Sorceror, that was most exquisite," it says as it heads toward the Stormraven with Julian. "We must do it again some time. I think we could learn a lot from each other."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bridge Crew
Kayleen interfaces with the machine spirit of the station whilst Chloe does her part to help. The machine spirit within is proud and ancient, unwilling to parley with traitors to the enemy of man but Kayleen is very skilled at what she does. Nevertheless the machine spirit lashes out hitting Chloe with enough biofeedback that would kill a lesser person. Instead she's merely knocked unconscious and in critical condition. The self destruct is overridden. The IFF codes are also changed but it doesn't matter because no ships are around the station. The squadron thats docked in the station has not disembarked yet. The rest of the squad gathers around no doubt carrying looted mastercrafted wargear from the dead/captured space marines. Lysander in particular snags a best craftmanship bolt pistol from the dead admiral and admires it for a moment before holstering it.

Xun is in crit 2 until healed. You can link up with the other party on the flight deck if you so chose for next update. Tell me what you all do.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe
"Oh hi Julian! We took out the bridge crew and Kayleen should have everything under co---OH gently caress"

Thunk.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

<All teams be advised, Vice Admiral Sack-o-poo poo is wrong. Self-destruct has been disabled, I'd say 'take your time' but I'd like to leave this place sooner rather than later, over>
While waiting for a response, she takes up the comm and does a station wide broadcast;

quote:

"Servants of the Corpse-Emperor: your commanders lay dead, your Astartes champions on board have been slain, this station will blow only when we choose to. The mystics of Mars and the thuggery of your commanders was no match for the glories of the True Gods. Know that you all die in vain, with the planet below you and the entire Imperium of Man to follow. Hahahaha. AHAHAHAHAhahaha."

Not having biological lungs is handy, lets you cackle a lot longer than usual. She takes some time to savor the moment, opportunities for villainous monologue didn't arise that often. "Oh hey, bird brain is still breathing. We'd better triage her at some point for being a good little lab rat. You guys ready to piss of out of here?"

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Lysander

"I concur. Let's get the sniper back on her feet, if only so we don't have to drag her, and go sow some Chaos in a less depressingly sterile place."

Lysander breaks out the medkit and sterile gloves, since he's found that non-Nurglites seem to have a problem with their doctor infecting them with horrid diseases for some reason.

Medicae vs 80: 22, 3 Damage restored since it's critical/heavy wounds.

Xun should now have 1 wound and no critical damage.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dulsatae, Herald of Nurgle's Comforting Embrace

As the Plague Marine guns the Guardsman in his way with his combi-bolter, each one disappearing a a small crimson cloud as the bolter round detonates within them, he begins to understand why the Khornates are preoccupied with blood; though Dulsatae's preferred shade of vital fluids was the grey and green of those blessed by the vitality of Nurgle.

As the Guard break, he uncerimonously turns and begins to march back to their ride, watching with detached interest as the psyker destroys the crew from within. There is no visible sign of concern (or it would be visible if his helmet was off) when the self destruct starts to sound, and again no change as they receive word from Kayleen. He gets onto the traitorous VOX, "Well done bridge team in securing the station, your tenacity is to be commended. We have secured exfiltration in the hanger, we shall get it up to the flight deck."

He then turns to his fellows in the flight deck and uses local vox, "That was all commendable work there. Corypheus you acted well in taking advantage of the state I left the Stormbird in. Clawman, Julian, you also displayed the strength of your psychic disiplines." he steps onto the platform, "Now let us raise this up to the flight deck so we may depart."

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Julian

Julian nods at the Clawman. "Indeed. Your mind-control technique is impressive. We should take a moment to exchange knowledge, when this is over." When Chloe's response gets cuts short by a gently caress and a thunk, Julian raises and eyebrow inside his helmet. "What was that thunk about? Kayleen, if we were to choose to do so, could you set the station on a crash course with a part of Cadia? I'm loathe to let a weapon like this go unused, but unless someone has other ideas, I doubt we could convert enough of the crew to our cause to make effective use of the station's guns."

We should drop this thing on the planet and get out.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

unless there are any objections to operation station drop, I will update tonight accordingly and will calculate the exp you all deserve.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

unless there are any objections to operation station drop, I will update tonight accordingly and will calculate the exp you all deserve.

No objections to operation station drop. Let's get some boots on the ground.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Aftermath
Explosions still rock the station from the lower decks, fighting still ongoing. As you all secure your transport the rest of your squad meets up with you in the hanger. Vox transmissions are going back and forth between the other squads, it seems they were able to get inside the ships whilst they were docked. The only thing stopping them from scuttling the ships is your efforts in securing control of the bridge. At this time, they are busy trying to wrestle full control of all ships so that they can join the Black Fleet. You brought your trophies down to the hanger as well, both the captive Imperial Fists, and their wargear. Amirault is already testing the swing of the relic blade while Chloe is trying to get used to the too big grip and barrel. As The Clawman and Corypheus are doing an inventory of the ammunition they recovered and stacking excess weapons off to the side of the stormraven, you start hearing the heavy march of terminator boots on ceramite deckplate.

Meet the Bonecrusher
Champion Bonecrusher surveys the room, the loot, and all of you. You'd think he'd be happy but to have his own subordinates outdo him is, well, a bit of an insult. First he looks to the Marines. "Its been a long time brothers." He says as he walks up to Ramsays inert power armour before kicking him over and putting his boot on his neck. "Has he been interrogated yet? No, then get it done. I want to know what the Imperial Fists are doing here." The station suddenly shifts, thrusters moving the massive thing towards Cadia, aimed for the largest concentration of orbital guns. Though irate initially, he comes around to the idea of a station drop. The sight of your sniper, Chloe, lugging two Bolters amuses him to no end. With a snap of his fingers, 2 of the more veteran chosen go and snatch them and the bandolier of ammo from her. "Did you really think you'd be keeping those? We'll make sure they get proper use. Amirault, come! Thats a excellent sword you got there. I think I'll keep that too."

Exp 550. Infamy/Corruption breakdown is like this. For seizing control of an imperial space station in a lightning attack that took about an hour you all gain 3 Infamy. You also gain 5 Corruption. Bonus as follows per char.
Malicious Onion: Gain 2 additional infamy for the poo poo you did in the hanger.
Waci: Gain 2 additional infamy for the poo poo you did in the hanger.
Werix: For drawing first blood, eliminating squads wholesale by yourself, and firing the krak missle that stopped the stormraven from doing anything meaningful gain 2 infamy.
Lord Koth: Gain 2 Infamy and 2 Corruption for all the poo poo your char has pulled during the game thus far. You were invaluable to the team.
Ronwayne: Gain 4 Infamy for the recovery of geneseed and being part of the tagteam that killed the captain, also for deceiving the vice admiral and imperial forces the entire way to allow your team easy access to the bridge. Also for overriding the self destruct.
Xun: Gain 2 Infamy for the killshot on the Captain.
Dachshundofdoom: Gain 2 Infamy for capturing a space marine alive with a well tossed haywire grenade and also carrying a space marine head as a trophy.
Dyne: Gain 2 Infamy for killing an imperial fist and ensuring the surviving 2 were taken prisoner

Your Champion is bullying you out of your loot, yes he is in terminator armour. The two that seem to be his bitchboys are carrying Plasma Guns and some really good loot too. Watcha gonna do?

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 29, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

Kayleen takes one look around the shuttle bay and knows how that's going to go over with this band of murder hobos. She'll need to maximize their chances. "One sec, Chloe, and everyone else that took a nick." Not enough time for actual healing, she just shoots up the group with a combo of flesh closing glue and 500ccs of Carnodon adrenaline, should hold until they're planetside. She looks around the shuttle, gesturing to the planet below but also to the head rear end in a top hat. "Ready when you folks are."

Chloe: Medicae vs 100 =45= Critwounded so one wound restored+2 from M.Chirugeon= 3 wounds restored

Julian: Same =24= 7dos+2 from unint+2 M.Chirugen= 11 Wounds restored.

3rd person who needs it: =16= 12 wounds restored if lightly wounded, 3 wounds if heavily or critically wounded.

4th person who needs it: =58= 9 wounds restored if lightly wounded, 3 wounds if heavily or critically wounded.

:siren:If you're attacking these assholes, you may use my int bonus+1, this means you have +10 to init, total:siren:

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 29, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Julian

Unpleasant as it was, Julian couldn't pretend to be surprised when Bonecrusher demands the squads rightfully earned loot for himself. Sighing, he nods his thanks to Kayleen as the doctor finishes binding his wounds, and stands up. Unsheathing his force sword again, moments after putting it away despite the bound daemon's laments of not getting to kill anyone worthwhile, he refrains form letting the warp flow back into the blade. While the warpfire dancing on the edge of the sword was beautiful, and often came useful, Julian didn't regard Bonecrusher very highly. It wouldn't be necessary. "That's some excellent armour you've got there. I think we'll keep that."

Grasping an ornately carved golden eye in his other hand, he charges at the chaos champion and drives his sword into him. The daemon sword passes through the terminator armour like a hot knife through butter, and sinks into Bonecrusher's neck. Julian channels his will through the sword, shattering what little resistance Bonecrusher's weak mind can put up, and the daemon prince bound in his sword follows soon after. As Bonecrusher's head rolls off his shoulders, the daemon in Julian's sword swallows his soul. The boisterous champion of chaos dies swiftly and ignobly, his body falling into a spreading pool of his own blood. Julian picks up the severed head as it falls and gives it a disappointed look. "Didn't even need to use sorcery."

We take their stuff, of course. The guy was a dick anyway.

Charging. 16 rolls and 1 attack later, Bonecrusher is at -29 wounds. He is extremely dead.

This did involve spending two infamy points, though, so I'm down to 3/8 for this session.

(10:33:21 AM) mandozerthegreat: Bump your infamy up by 5
(10:33:21 AM) mandozerthegreat: The group gains 2 more as a whole when the story spreads

He also has loot on his body:
(10:31:36 AM) mandozerthegreat: Terminator armour infernal star trophy rack power axe combi bolter
(10:31:46 AM) mandozerthegreat: All GC

I don't need any of that, so uuuh... take your pick? Be careful though, it may be hot, since RAW he should also be on fire.

Also, spending my xp (and the remaining banked xp form character creation) on Precognitive Dodge, Precognitive Strike, and Thought Sending.

Waci fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Aug 29, 2014

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Spending my XP (plus 200 banked) on +10 Intelligence. Also I don't want any of the loot and I'm waiting to see what happens with this situation.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Lysander

Barely containing his laughter at the Champion's ignoble death, Lysander advances on Bonecrusher's corpse, eyes lighting up with greed when he sees the Infernal Star. Of course, he couldn't be sure how the Chosen were going to react to their leader being murdered, so he elected to keep an eye on them and wait for things to unfold before he began trying to remove the force field.

Spending 250 XP on Weapon Training (Power) and banking the remaining 300. I dunno if we're going to kill the other guys or if they're working for Waci now that he shanked their boss or what, once I know what's happening I'll actually act.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe
Chloe grins, amazed at the raw destructive power of Julians sword. It's so nice to have that around. She shifts her stance slightly , aiming for some other mook's head. That gun is HERS. To trade in for something actually useable at a later time. Or maybe she can convince Kayleen for a sweet robot arm.

"Gimme"

Spending 300xp on unnatural healing and banking the 250

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"...loving warp, you'd think these morons would realize you don't treat everyone like grox poo poo all the time. There's demonstrating your authority and then there's being a punk-rear end petty bitch, as our late boss just discovered." She looks at the smouldering body. "That being said, dibs on his armor, I got ideas for replacing the gun-bot, it'll be more useful than he was." She turns to the front of the shuttle.

"Okay crew, what's next? Where are we landing and what, exactly, are we doing when we hit the surface. Yes, murderizing, but how and where?"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

MaliciousOnion posted:

Spending my XP (plus 200 banked) on +10 Intelligence. Also I don't want any of the loot and I'm waiting to see what happens with this situation.

Waci one shotted a terminator champion. Waci inherits the 9 surviving marines as subordinates. Also figure out what you are gonna call the squad now cause squad julian is a bit bland.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
We should kill these two though. They're probably the loyalest to Bonecrusher, and if we kill them, Squad Jerkstabber would add up to 9 people, a holy number of Tzeentch, if you include Julian and his rubric marine.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Team Tzeenchian Homo Wizard

Kayleen

And don't forget, I need to set up a field lab. We need technology for tomorrow's battlefield, like a laser that sets kilometer-wide skull-shaped fires."

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
We are Squad Tzeentchian Homo Wizard because 50% of the party is Tzeentchian sorcerers, the recently re-arranged chosen squad is Squad Jerkstabber, and will be ordered to go around being nice to people (imperials are not people) as a team building excercise.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dulsatae

Dulsatae calmly brings his proto bile thrower to bear as the sorcerer butchers the disrespectful champion. Did he think he could just approach a hardened group of warriors while out numbered and demand tribute? The legion of Horus has fallen a long way.

Dulsatae then addresses the heretek, "One does not turn a set of terminator armor into a plaything. With such a suit, I could be the bulwark of this squad. "

most of that exp went to paying my debt for armor monger, banking the remaining like 75. Also want the terminator armor.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Point. How about I harvest this dumbasses body and you get the armor. When you finish off a body with warp energy like that it usually fries the carapace connections and i'll have to redo those, deal?"

She pauses.

"Hmm, actually, we can solve all our immediate problems by siezing a small to moderate sized mechanicus facility. I can get the gear online while the squad uses it as staging base. Plus if you can capture the headtubed scum in there, I can do some...interesting things I've been planning for awhile. I never got to do this thanks to the Emperor being a chuckle hosed scum who didn't believe in research grants, but I think its time to roll out Astartes Mk II."

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 29, 2014

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe

"loving hell Kayleen how many volts were in those wires? I still feel awful."
With no immediate threat of having her loot stolen, Chloe leans against a wall and opens her mind to the warp. She carefully channels the energies of the warp around herself, hoping that nothing fucks up. If she was going to have the power of the gods in her hands it might as well make her feel better.

Gona try out unnatural healing

65 v 67 (42 + 25)
Healed 10, at 15/15 wounds :toot:

Cool. Feeling much better, the sniper stalks up to the mooks and gets right in their face. She glares up at them from behind her preysense googles, crossing her arms and snarling.

"Stuff. NOW."

Rolling intimidate +60 with WP instead of strength

53 vs 102, 6DOS with unnatural WP (4)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dulsatae

"You may have the body," Dulsatae says as he tips over a near-by munitions crate and starts dragging it over to the body, "the dead, with the skulls and blood, are the domain of Khorne, or on rare occasions, Slaanesh. The living is Nurgle's domain, the dead cannot catch disease, the dead cannot beg to Nurgle to live forever, no matter the cost."

The Plague Marine silently removes the gloves from his power armor, revealing desiccated and bony fingers not fit for a marine. He bends over and gently places his hands on the Terminator armor, before removing it from the body, placing each piece into the crate. "A fine set of armor," Dulsatae says aloud to no one, "though the color will have to change." Dulsatae had never had the pleasure of wearing Terminator armor, though he had aided the Veterans of the still loyal Death Guard into their suits many times. It would make him an unstoppable force on the battlefield, but it would need adjustments to his frame, as well a change in color before he dons it.

Gently placing the helmet in the crate, he seals it, and replaces his gloves. "This is mine, but it will take time before I can modify it properly to my own frame. If there are no other objections, let us depart.

Taking the terminator armor. If I'm remembering Mandozer correctly from early today, the armor should have the following:

+Good quality
+Customizations
-Black Legion armor
-Careful maintenance

+Activated sub-systems
-Osmotic gill life sustainer
-Auto senses
-sustainable power source
-Bio monitor (ha)
-Nutrient recycling (double ha)

I'm not going to wear it until we get to a secure location for me to repaint it Death Guard colors and sufficiently do my armor monger poo poo to it. So not likely until we get some stability in an FOB or something.

Werix fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 30, 2014

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Corypheus

Corypheus, unsurprisingly, has no objection given he's been unconscious throughout this entire encounter. Having been examining and toying with the flickering warpflames left over where the IG squad had been incinerated inside the Stormraven, he was struck with the favor of his god. Collapsing into the flames, those watching noticed he was occasionally twitching. With his subtle aura of innocuousness fading away as the hours passed, it was instead replaced by a tangible aura of terror that surrounded him as his features reshaped themselves. An additional arm growing out of his back completed the changes.

Banking my exp for now.

As Changer of Ways was rolled, my Illusion of Normality was replaced by Additional Limb and Pseudo-Daemonhood.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Ciro

While everyone is figuring out gear and such and looking over the ex-leader, Ciro limps himself back over to the group and considers the carnage. His left arm is being held in his right hand, completely severed. It's somewhat hard to tell it's an arm, really, looking more like a mangled mess of meat with some fingers. It looks like he found some repair cement and has haphazardly sprayed it over what's left of his stump to at least stop the bleeding. "Hey. We won?" he asks, waving his arm hello to Dulsatae. "Uh...I found a lot of stims and stabbed myself to keep me going. I think I'm going into shock? Anyway. Not feeling too good. I'm going to go sit down." He drags his feet as he wanders past to board.

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 30, 2014

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Lysander

As Dulsatae removes the Terminator armor, Lysander delicately detaches the Infernal Star and places it atop his trophy rack, just above the Imperial Fist's impaled head.

"Truly, Dulsatae, Nurgle is all-beneficient, to give us such potent guardians of life from this one's death. Between your new armor and my new shield, I truly pity our foes."

Grinning widely, he turned and boarded the Stormraven, trying not stare at the rapidly mutating sorcerer. That wouldn't be polite.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

IPlayVideoGames posted:

Ciro

While everyone is figuring out gear and such and looking over the ex-leader, Ciro limps himself back over to the group and considers the carnage. His left arm is being held in his right hand, completely severed. It's somewhat hard to tell it's an arm, really, looking more like a mangled mess of meat with some fingers. It looks like he found some repair cement and has haphazardly sprayed it over what's left of his still attached arm to at least stop the bleeding. "Hey. We won?" he asks, waving his arm hello to Dulsatae. "Uh...I found a lot of stims and stabbed myself to keep me going. I think I'm going into shock? Anyway. Not feeling too good. I'm going to go sit down." He drags his feet as he wanders past to board.

welcome back friend! gain no infamy and 5 corruption as a failing.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.

welcome back friend! gain no infamy and 5 corruption as a failing.

:respek: One short of a mutation there. Phew.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Champions of Chaos
The Daemon Prince, coincidentally in life prior to his apotheosis as the Sorceror known only as The Prince, took great delight in ripping Bonecrushers soul through the gash in his terminator plate. Bonecrushers twisted soul appeared as a black, ethereal looking ghost. The form it took was not of the terrifying space marine but of the young boy taken from the desert wastes of some unknown world. A weak, cowardly child. Seeing this display caused the majority of the chosen to drop to a knee and bow their heads to Julian. The two who confiscated Chloes weapons look at one another before handing them over and then getting on their knees. Looking at Ciro and the stump where one of his arms should be. "There should be bionics in medical storage. We haver he run of the ship. And doctor Kayleen can fix you up. What are you going to do about his gene seed Doc?"

Hefting your loot, both recently earned and newly begotten, you head back to the bridge with the rest of the marines joining Squad Julian. Explosions rock the station as various points of resistance are dealt with by repurposed macro cannon batteries. Entire decks of the ship are wiped out as 3 grand cruisers disembark from their berths on the station and circle it like hungry sharks. Though there are 2 million people on board, they are spread throughout the station and are unable to prevent the station dropping on the planet below unless they organize. As you pull up a screen of Cadia a couple of drop locations are clear.

1. The Citadel of the Sigilite: Named in honor of Malcador the Sigilite aka Malcador the Hero, it's home to the majority of the Cadian Shock Trooper regiments and the primary training facility for Cadian Special Forces known as Kasrkin. Armor concentration and orbital defenses are high. Dropping here would destroy 40% of combat forces in the Eastern Hemisphere.

2. The Capital: Destroy the seat of Imperial Power and a significant part of the population. Approximately 1.5 million live within the city limits.

3. LZ Alpha/Beta/Gamma: There are 3 locations in the Eastern Hemisphere suitable for landing heavy equipment and being within a days march of major civilian and military objectives. Orbital guns defend these locations a bit less than the a Citadel or The Capital. You would have to cause the station to air burst above the LZ to clear it of defenses without turning it into a new lake but it could be done by rigging the plasma reactors to blow.

4. Orbital Bombardment: You would have to take a significant amount of time to pacify the station, converting or killing about 2 million people but an imperial space station is a major asset. To accomplish this task would require going throughout the ship and eliminating pockets of resistance before they link up and attempt to retake control. The grand cruisers the other squads recovered are unavailable for this duty due to needing to get clear of Cadian orbital defenses. This is a task that involves charisma as much as brute force to accomplish. It would be infinitely easier to lock the station into a reentry orbit and defend the bridge and propulsion control until just before you enter the atmosphere. Orbital bombardment also gives the enemy time to react and dig in potentially.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 13, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

She nods. "Attaching bionics is trivial, asfor the gene-seed, I have a number of ideas, but we need some sort of operating area, a factory, hospital, preferably a Mechanicus facility. Get me a Mechanicus facility and I can create some field modifications that will help level this world. That incompetent hack, Bile thinks he knows better than anyone how to create Astartus whereas if it it weren't for me they wouldn't exist."

She turns and faces the assembled persons. Uh oh, its rant time. "Early in the design process, it became clear Astartes canidates rapidly outgrew their bodies, twisting and distorting the skin, as well as day to day operations constantly tearing and fracturing it. The original proposal was just to flay every single neophyte space marine and entomb the mature ones permanently in their armor. If it wasn't for me bringing up stemcell replacement, over the objections of those head tubed fools on mars, mind you, the corpse emperor almost went ahead with a plan." She squints. "This was the ultimate in hack-jobs. Between this and other bullshit that plagued the design process, you Astartus almost ended up as marginally more functional combat servitors. Its like no one cares about function AND form! Its simply-

Kayleen pauses, wipes a bit of drool (lubricant?) from her mouth, looks at the sorcerer and nods respectfully. "So uh, what is your plan, boss?"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 13, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dulsatae

The Plague Marine stares at the choices as they scroll on the cogitator screens. After several minutes of contemplation, the tell-tale wheeze of the inhalation of air comes from Dulsatae's direction, I propose we detonate this station above one of the landing zones. Our mission was to disable this station to enable the invasion fleet to enter orbit comfortably, and we have succeeded. While The capital and the Citadel are tempting targets, they will not be going anywhere. Killing them with a station drop means nothing if we have no foothold on the surface itself. We secure a landing zone, and then the forces of Abbadon may begin to land."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Lysander

Lysander leans his head to one side, consulting in low murmurs with a Nurgling perched on his shoulder. He can't understand a word of its babbling nonsense and he doubts it understands him, but after so long on a throne he found it difficult to plan without bouncing ideas off an advisor. It was hardly the dumbest or most sycophantic one he'd ever had. Finally, he nods in agreement to the last burst of garbled Nurgling nonsense and says, "Yes, let us clear a landing zone. The capital will doubtless be vulnerable to plague, and a Citadel will be no use to them if we control the rest of the world."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

The Clawman

"We should dedicate the souls of this vessel to Tzeentch, before they fall to their inevitable deaths," the Clawman intones. "I am sure the Master of Fates would appreciate the Imperium's weapons being used against them."

Can we do a ritual or something? We only have 2 million sacrifices.

• Locked thread