Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

So psyched I get to see Liger in a week.

gently caress yeah. It's nice to see that Shinsuke and Tana seem over as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Tana the least over of the three imo

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRafTer posted:

So psyched I get to see Liger in a week.

The more I think of it, so am I. He was always a big favorite.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Just me or did Liger actually get a much bigger pop than Tana? Maybe not a big current New Japan crowd.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dunbar posted:

Just me or did Liger actually get a much bigger pop than Tana? Maybe not a big current New Japan crowd.

Liger has worked in the U.S. like infinitely more so makes sense

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dunbar posted:

He has the pop of the night so far. Lots of hardcore ROH fans like me started off tape trading and Liger was a GOD.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

gently caress, I might just be a lazy rear end in a top hat and stay home tonight, I want to see this. Although gee, I wonder who's taking the fall in this one....?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Aren't Tana/Liger some CMLL tag champs or did I forget something?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is surreal to me

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, I thought Liger was awesome from the first time I saw black and white pics of him in Apter mags when I was like 9. I think Hammerstein will get more of a NJPW fan crowd though since guys like me are going to me more likely to travel to it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChampRamp posted:

lost it to tonga/bucanero a while back iirc

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Holy poo poo I love Liger.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ChampRamp posted:

They lost those to Rey Bucanero and Tama Tonga right before Tama did a CMLL tour, they ended up getting stripped of them due to Bucanero getting hurt.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

He has the pop of the night so far. Lots of hardcore ROH fans like me started off tape trading and Liger was a GOD.

well his name is thunder beast god

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i really wish i could have watched this :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Liger's movement today compared to his peak is basically Hogan's in that skit with Arnold vs his peak, except he was much faster than Hogan so he can still do a baseball slide!

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Thauros posted:

They lost those to Rey Bucanero and Tama Tonga right before Tama did a CMLL tour, they ended up getting stripped of them due to Bucanero getting hurt.

Oh yeah, now I remember.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, Liger might be over the hill, but I really think main eventing in front of a hyped NYC crowd he's really going to bring it still. I say this all the loving time but it's incredible that at 49 he's still a full time junior heavyweight wrestler who hasn't missed a month of action since the mid '90s.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why on earth is Steve Corino talking about Jado and Gedo being the bookers of new japan on commentary

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oatgan posted:

why on earth is Steve Corino talking about Jado and Gedo being the bookers of new japan on commentary

Because it's Steve Corino

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

oatgan posted:

Steve Corino is the worst

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oatgan posted:

he said "power brokers" which kinda works in CHAOS kayfabe imo

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Thauros posted:

Yeah, Liger might be over the hill, but I really think main eventing in front of a hyped NYC crowd he's really going to bring it still. I say this all the loving time but it's incredible that at 49 he's still a full time junior heavyweight wrestler who hasn't missed a month of action since the mid '90s.
And survived a freaking brain tumor.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This owns.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I hope you guys like palm strikes.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I hope you guys like palm strikes.

well i prefer koppu kicks

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gif of Liger and goony guy plz

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Slightly bummed we didn't get a hot tag of nothing but palm strikes but that's OK.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Silas Young looks like his uncle Stan Hansen a little. Shame he's nowhere as good or big as Stan.

Matt Taven suuuucks, Silas Young isn't anything special, Lethal is okay, Chiampa's grown on me with PWG stuff and this entrance I guess.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I like ciampa

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I also was thinking Taz.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

I like ciampa

I really like his entrance.

I also like him.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

HulkaMatt posted:

I also was thinking Taz.

Yeah, Ciampa's music is fine but I'm always disappointed it's not Tazz's theme.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Truth going for the Sinister Minster look?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thank you Nigel for pointing out what a dummy Kelly is.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Truth going for the Sinister Minster look?

ever since hoopla died he's been much darker

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Does Lethal not have a theme because I can't hear poo poo. Truth is boring again.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
That belt:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The World Title:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Ciampa has really improved since his initial push.

• Locked thread