Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Hey, here's a question simply because I had zero interest in Mr. Terrific up until this series: Was he always such a terrific douchenozzle?

As somebody who for some reason read some of his series that came out at the start of the nu52... kinda? He was smug about how successful he was and inner-monologued about how stupid people were whenever he was having to interact with extremely stupid assholes at his company's corporate functions, but nowhere near the level of dickbag that this version of Mr. Terrific was.

e: Although now that I think about it, the Earth 2 Mr. Terrific, Terry Sloane (that was based off the Golden Age Mr. Terrific) was a total smug douche and also kind of evil, so maybe there's actually some sort of connection? Since we know that it seems like there was definitely some sort of war between Earths 1 and 2, maybe Sloane pulled a Superior Spider-Man on Michael Holt? ...Alllthough I'm probably just giving it too much thought and it's just really poor writing.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

Futures End is hilarious and bad and not even as interesting as Countdown because technically Countdown could affect other stories and featured characters with well-established backstories to draw on (both as writers editorial mandates in the stories and as readers). Futures End is just...

That's ultimately the dumbest part of this event. Like, does anyone really think the poo poo happening in FE is going to effect/happen in any of DC's main books? Like, really? Maybe Brother Eye is established as a looming threat (even though it already was), and maybe somewhere down the line we get some sort of Earth 1/Earth 2 showdown (this will probably happen the minute Earth 2 gets canceled), but overall I just want to post Deadpool's "stupid fake earth" panel every time I see DC plugging Futures End in the back of another book. It is DC's very own Age of Ultron in its level of "this won't effect anything".

At least Green Lantern event of the month #23-b will have some sort of temporary change in the books being published.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

The entire universe is in peril as um... some really evil mysterious force that will end up being either Darkseid or Brainiac has taken the new Gray Lanterns and drained all amorous emotion out of every sentient force. With the birth rate dropping below zero, is this the end of life as we know it? Or will Rainbow Warrior Hal Jordan have to turn on all of his highball charm and spread his badass seed across the galaxy? IS THIS THE END? OR WILL GREEN LANTERN..... gently caress EVERYTHING.

A+, would read.

• Locked thread