Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Edge & Christian posted:

Futures End is hilarious and bad and not even as interesting as Countdown because technically Countdown could affect other stories and featured characters with well-established backstories to draw on (both as writers editorial mandates in the stories and as readers). Futures End is just...

So last week's issue had a couple of "BIG REVEALS" in it.

First, there was the MASKED SUPERMAN who had appeared a couple of times and people in the book commented on how like Superman had been wearing a mask for awhile and no one was sure why. I mean, no one seemed super concerned with it, Superman had barely appeared in the book, no one bothered to mention how long he has been wearing a mask or what event may have led to it, they basically commented on it in the same way you might notice that someone new is moving into the spot where there used to be a Long John Silver's on the corner.

So then it turns out IT'S BILLY BATSON! REMEMBER HIM? I guess no one does because at no point in the story had anyone wondered where Shazam had gone. Or how he disappeared right when Superman started wearing a mask. Also, and I know this is the sort of thing that only bothers me, but in pretty much every Who's Who/guidebook DC has published, Shazam is supposed to be like four inches and a bunch of pounds bigger than Superman, so I'm not even sure why anyone assumed it was Superman, except he wore a Superman costume and had powers that only several dozen people besides Superman have?

Oh and the John Constantine, who only popped up a couple of issues ago to do ___________________ finds Bearded Superman hiding under Africa.

To be fair, this is a planet of people who've never wondered if the reporter built like two stacked hams is a superhero in his off-time because he wears glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread