Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Frankenstein (meh)

Blasphemy!
I take it you ain't read Seven Soldiers.

redbackground posted:

Hyping up a character because they were in a good, but totally unrelated miniseries eight years ago is a bit much.

The N52 book was good too.
For someone who might say 'meh' to Superman, even though Action Comics has been great recently, I'd tell em to go right to All-Star.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Isn't that the point of a time jump story?
You'll get to see the Earth War happen next year :D

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 22, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I liked this comic for the first time in several issues, this week.
Hate the Fifty Sue island stuff (FIFTY SUE?!), but helmet Superman made the Firestorm story suddenly interesting and that crazy cave cyborg seems cool, whatever the hell they're doing with that.

These early issues have really hurt by not focusing on Batman Beyond for our narrative stability. I thought he was going to be used as our eyes since he's also dumped in this weird place, but we actually see less of him than some characters.

e: Oh yeah. It was funny how they chopped off Hawkman's arm again just a month or so after his arm was chopped off in Justice League United. I assume Lemire is doing the Frankenstein portions and it was fully intentional.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jun 27, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Resurrecting this because everything's Futures End starting this week!

As for the series, I think it's getting interesting with the Superman, Constantine and lil Green Arrow stuff, but Cadmus Island is still SO horrible.
Just imagine if we had something like Pak and Soule on it in the place of Jurgens and Giffen.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 31, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hey. This month's issue was pretty good. If the comic is partially turning into more issues of Lemire's Green Arrow I'm very down with that.

I've read two of the other issues so far, Action Comics and Swamp Thing.
Swamp Thing was okay. For what it was, the confrontation was a bit boring, and I didn't like Brightest Day much, so seeing that come back as the big revelation was a let down.
I liked Action Comics even less, which was a drag since I was looking forward to more Solly Fisch Superman.

E: Green Arrow was awesome. That's necessary reading if you were following Lemire's run.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 4, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno where he's getting Luthor from. We just find out that E2 Sloan isn't a native E2er (or his apparent hopping all over the multiverse might have messed it up?) Didn't E2 #0 have stuff about him and Apokolips? I can't remember his exact deal.

This guy is running the upcoming E2 weekly, so I assume we'll see how Jimmy got his mother box and all that.

e: Oh, handy. Here's an interview with him about this issue and the weekly http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2014/09/01/daniel-h-wilson-earth-2-futures-end-comic-book-exclusive/14925713/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just saw in this week's shipping thread post that JL United:FE is out this week.
Cool. A two-parter from Jeff Lemire with JL:FE involving the LoSH.

Only, it's Pt2 and JL:FE's Pt1 is out next week. :rolleyes:

• Locked thread