Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rapner
May 7, 2013

What is Dragon Coins?

Sega is attempting to take on PAD with Dragon Coins, a newly released game fusion of Coin Dozer and Pokemon/RPG elements. It is available on iOS and Android.

Sega has a fairly crappy official wiki at http://wiki.dragon-coins.net/wiki/Main_Page, with a marginally useful list of monsters.

How do I play this thing?

The game is played by building a team of monsters and then taking on missions full of minions of increasing difficulty. Tapping on the screen drops coins onto a moving dozer, pushing coins that are positioned correctly from the top section to the bottom section, where they will dislodge other coins hopefully off the bottom of the screen. Coins (and other items) that drop off the left and right are forfeited, and coins that drop off the bottom cause your monsters to attack the enemy monsters.

Stuff that drops on your dozer:

Silver Coins: Default coins that you place on top of the pusher. If they drop off the bottom of the screen, they activate attacks of your minions.
Gold Coins: Obtained through mission rewards, selling monsters and dropping down the pusher. Used to fuse and evolve monsters. Otherwise act like silver coins.
Green Coins: Like silver coins, but the heal you when dropped.
Gems: Gems are big colored balls that give you a new monster if they drop off the bottom of the screen.
Skill boxes: When a skill box drops off the bottom of the screen, it activates the skill of your minion that it dropped onto. Skills are activated by tapping on them.

Other currencies:

Rainbow Coins: Obtained from :10bux:. Used in the summoning area to summon shiny monsters that have a slightly better chance to not be entirely poo poo.
Hero Coins: Obtained from 'urgent missions' and used in the Hero Chest to summon monsters. Courage is used instead of energy to attempt urgent missions.
Friend Coins: Obtained from roping all your friends into this game and spamming them every day with canned messages.

Great, what else should I know?:

When picking a name, it's probably a good idea to put 'SA' or something else referring to this forum in your name so other Goons don't purge you from their friends lists accidentally.
If you get a duplicate of an important monster, save it. You'll need it to evolve once it reaches level cap.

Rapner fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

My friend code is 5851-9672-1120. For some reason you have to enter it without the hyphens in game.

Player name is RapnerSA and currently I'm running a SR Dark Celestial as my leader which should work well for most teams I think.

Rapner fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 12, 2014

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Rapner posted:

My friend code is 5851-9672-1120. For some reason you have to enter it without the hyphens in game.

Player name is RapnerSA and currently I'm running a SR Dark Celestial as my leader which should work well for most teams I think.
Added you and need some friends as well since I have none.

IGN: Scud

real_scud fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 12, 2014

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
My code is 3575-0177-8870, added both of you. IGN: cuSA

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 12, 2014

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Accepted you both I think. Can you pop your in game names in your posts so I don't purge you?

Dark Celestial (everyone attacks twice) + Jackmantis (monsters always drop 1 coin when attacked is pretty awesome.

Rapner fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 12, 2014

Serril
Dec 31, 2007

Mort Fun Time
Does this share PADs need to reroll over and over until you get something rare?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Tater_salad is the username.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
SA-dele

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

cowise

I wish this game didn't require an internet connection to play, I was hoping to use it while commuting on the metro.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

My monsters are all super lovely, but I still want friends! Julet Esqu: 865406623002

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

My code is 009593884637 as StasisSA. No clue what I'm doing.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Been trying out this game a bit, and it seems...okay? The big problem I see with it is that after a couple of rounds the board will almost always look something like:
which doesn't allow for a lot of variety in gameplay, unlike PaD or Brave Frontier. But eh, it's a lovely phone game, who cares?

I'm Pseudo at 4421-0637-4112.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Hey all my Dragon Coins ID is 1275-8885-0392
IGN: Kerblam

Will go back and add the others who have posted theirs.

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 12, 2014

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
IGN: Tits Mcgee
2754-1033-8262

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

Current holder of the Plush-bum Mr. Sweets Chair in American Hobology
I'm DocAquaticSA at 408166687398.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
The completionist in me is being tortured here; how many times do I have to run the same goddamn mission to get the one gem I'm missing? Augh!

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone gotten anything above a rare from the random tutorial box? I've done about ten runs through so far and have just gotten rares so far, though that isn't enough attempts for any sort of certainty that it won't give any super rares.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Valatar posted:

Has anyone gotten anything above a rare from the random tutorial box? I've done about ten runs through so far and have just gotten rares so far, though that isn't enough attempts for any sort of certainty that it won't give any super rares.

Considering one of the beginner missions is to level your rare to 20 and evolve your rare, I doubt you can get anything other than rare from the first box.

Not sure, just an observation.

e: Just noticed the starter monster is actually rare, so I'm probably wrong.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

In as Sighence; 9424-3120-2704

e: that should be all of you from upthread.

Sighence fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 12, 2014

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
In as DontMindMe<SA>

8470-7911-4239

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
Are these f2p phone game threads some sort of support group for people who can't stop hurting themselves?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
IGN: Gromdul
Friend Code: 814049016432

The SA added to the names is a good idea. I wonder if I can change it. I added every one in this thread.

I have a couple tips:

If you are not going to be a whale, then only spend Rainbow Coins on extra monster slots.

The Friendship Chest has given me some cool things. I'm not sure if spending 1000 coins ups one's odds of getting a R or SR. You also get to open it free once per day.

The C monsters are very common. Feel free to Fuse them into rarer monsters. One can always run the starter missions for more of them.

That being said, Monsters have a cost, and your team has a cost cap (which goes up with your levels). So hang onto some 3 cost Monsters.

And, finally, having said that, the slimes are only good for Fuse fodder IMO. The sprites and worms gave more interesting and useful abilities.

Make sure you take the quiz for free gild coins.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
In as Arbitrary... Wish I'd added SA to that but whatever.

Anyone have some good skill synergies? Left and right walls plus giant coins will clear the board, but I don't know how well that will hold up as a long term strategy.

Any tips for increasing skill levels?

Padomyme
Jan 9, 2005
Burn the women and rape the cows
IGN: Xobraix
GameID: 848138252235

Game is pretty fun so far although it does seem a bit shallow so far, but I enjoy coin pushers so whatever. Still using a starter as my leader until I get something better of course.

Padomyme fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 12, 2014

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Because if there's one thing I don't have enough of it's games like this.

In as McDragonSA. 4298-0532-7034.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Eh, why not. In as bunky 291647575830

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
I'm in as MangooseSA, friend code 4516-8845-5495.

It's pretty addictive!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm in just as Gaia, didn't think to add SA to my name until it was too late. FC is 592810055244.

Is there any reason not to use all-out attack on hero quest monsters? Unless you're trying to stealkill a friends monster who is at low health, I guess.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

I love coin pushers in the real world. This game seems pretty fun so far - and definitely has some cool gimmicks you can't find in the real world version.

SA-inkmoth is my in game name, 7756-2633-8398

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Added some of you, got bored of entering digits so I'll let you do the work!

SA Lone Goat
4364 6153 7614

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
In as Evil_Vin

5535-3309-9390

Haven't really played PAD before so this looks to be fun.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So I got my leader up to 20, but don't have a second to evolve it. Am I missing something?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Snowmankilla posted:

So I got my leader up to 20, but don't have a second to evolve it. Am I missing something?

I got one as a Present at some point. I think after you complete the quest to get it to level 20 the tutorial chick sends you one as a gift.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
I'm in as ryan_woody. Friend code is 260460611456. In the process of adding everyone from the thread at the moment.

e: Everyone who didn't have a full friend list, anyways.

Double edit: This game has already pissed me off. I keep getting a "server error" after winning a round, which causes me to gain nothing from the round but still lose my stamina. The gently caress?

TK_421 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 13, 2014

Serril
Dec 31, 2007

Mort Fun Time
In as SerrilSA. Friend code 7989 2214 1002

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

ryan_woody posted:

I'm in as ryan_woody. Friend code is 260460611456. In the process of adding everyone from the thread at the moment.

e: Everyone who didn't have a full friend list, anyways.

Double edit: This game has already pissed me off. I keep getting a "server error" after winning a round, which causes me to gain nothing from the round but still lose my stamina. The gently caress?

The server error is happening to me too. Too many goons eating all their bandwidth?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

inkmoth posted:

The server error is happening to me too. Too many goons eating all their bandwidth?

I got two red orbs :(

No one play for a little bit, this is bullshit.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Any tips for increasing skill levels?

The basic principle is to just find another monster with the exact same skill name and then fuse it to the monster you are trying to level up. If you're going to evolve the monster at any point, do not do this, as their skill level resets back to one once they evolve.

Edit: Turns out that that my Pixie that I had this happen to merely glitched out, when I checked this morning it's skill level was back to its pre-evolved state.

Also noticed a higher success rate of skill level increase when fusing multiple dupes at once, but that might just be pure conjecture at this point.

masteraero fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 13, 2014

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I deleted 5 friends, so I have some more room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

gromdul posted:

I deleted 5 friends, so I have some more room.

I have no idea who to delete and who to accept. Not everyone put SA in their name. I don't want to delete a goon. :ohdear:

• Locked thread