Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Largepotato posted:

There's some terrible monster designs in this game, but there's also stuff like this.

This was the final fight on a sea level:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Largepotato posted:

There's some terrible monster designs in this game, but there's also stuff like this.

:aaaaa:

God drat I need to evolve my Marssupial now.

Denzer
May 15, 2009
Is there any benefit to evolving a rare past 20 if you are going to evolve it to R+?

If there is no stat boots from combining a 25+ or higher rare then it seems more cost effective to spend the exp in other places, at that point you are spending a ton of gold and exp for very slight stat rewards that will be erased when you evolve it if nothing carries over.

My strat right now is one 'all retaliate' creature, one healer, and one 'reset coin count' creature. Last spot and friend spot is usually just whatever boosts or double attack I can switch in. I didn't have my own count reset creature for a long time and would just hope that I got one of those red gladiator helmet reset guys from the friend list at the start of the fight. Finally I got a rare shadow creature that does the same thing, looks like a cobra, and I rarely run anything without him in the lineup now. The ability to take a count down to 1 and reset it to 25 is super powerful and gets you through lulls when you need it, it's also broken good for the boss fights since you usually only get 8 coins or so at the start (with no hero/combo bonus from previous fights)but with the reset you end up with 33 which gets everyone their cube and combos rolling before you even get hit once.

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011
I love this game.

I run primarily green but I'll add anybody.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
I don't know if I'm crazy or what, but I think I'm gonna hold onto my extra spirit parts. Getting an Ahriman is a goal that's just crazy enough to pursue, even if it does mean ten spirit parts, twenty evolved uncommons (half of them dragons), and a really, really, really stupid amount of gold.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Fusing advice from the official forums:

quote:

Higher level monsters are worth more XP when fusing. Even though they are worth more XP, it’s not efficient use of monsters and gold coins to level up monsters that you are only going to use as fusion material.
There are a few monsters in the game that are just worth more XP when used as fusion material. These are Grey Worm, Steely, Rare Steely, and the evolved forms of all three.
Don’t be afraid to use R level monsters you don’t like as fusion material. If you don’t like them, they’re just going to take up space in your monster box.
On the other hand, when it comes to SRs you’re probably better off holding onto all of them at first. They are going to have better stats than anything else you have, and even if they have a skill you don’t need/like, they are better to have around than a lower rarity monster with a skill you don’t need/like.
Don’t bother holding onto extra copies of C or U monsters while you’re working on leveling one of them to 20 to evolve. Just wait till you get the C/U to level 20 and go find a mission that drops the monster you need, or use the Friendship chest.
If you have a R or SR you are not planning to evolve, go ahead and level it past 20. If you do plan to evolve it, keep it at 20 for as long as you can and just level the rest of your team. You should only level a monster you want to evolve past level 20 if you are having a hard time in the missions.
Steelies, Rare Steelies and Grey Worms - use them for fusion material. That’s what they're designed for.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Does Dragon Trove today seem broken to anyone else?

Done medium and hard heaps of times today and never get the second blue gem monster from either.

Denzer
May 15, 2009

ellbent posted:

I don't know if I'm crazy or what, but I think I'm gonna hold onto my extra spirit parts. Getting an Ahriman is a goal that's just crazy enough to pursue, even if it does mean ten spirit parts, twenty evolved uncommons (half of them dragons), and a really, really, really stupid amount of gold.

I used to hold onto them but you get so many from the friendship chests that I just started selling them, they sell for 2k a pop so it completely removed the gold bottleneck for me which was really bad at one point.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

Largepotato posted:

Does Dragon Trove today seem broken to anyone else?

Done medium and hard heaps of times today and never get the second blue gem monster from either.

Yeah, same here. I did Hard maybe five, six times, not a single one of the second gem. Medium's the same, but I only did that once or twice.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Y'know, say what you will about this game, I am digging how generous the daily login rewards are.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I hear things about a Steely Spree, but I've never actually seen one. Do these run on a schedule? Are they just not actually implemented yet?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Patware posted:

I hear things about a Steely Spree, but I've never actually seen one. Do these run on a schedule? Are they just not actually implemented yet?

I'm level 28 now and never seen one.

ellbent posted:

I am going for it too.

For Dragons, I'm hoping to use the bonus U+ obtained from collecting all the gems on daily Dragon Road hard.

So far I have 2 of every spirit part as well as U+ light and shadow Dragons. For the other uncommons I still need 4 Charmane, 2 Zombling, and 1 Madcap. Already have enough Funibone and Knitebrite.

The worst part is Zombling isn't even in the Hero Chest summon roster.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Largepotato posted:

I'm level 28 now and never seen one.

I am going for it too.

For Dragons, I'm hoping to use the bonus U+ obtained from collecting all the gems on daily Dragon Road hard.

So far I have 2 of every spirit part as well as U+ light and shadow Dragons. For the other uncommons I still need 4 Charmane, 2 Zombling, and 1 Madcap. Already have enough Funibone and Knitebrite.

The worst part is Zombling isn't even in the Hero Chest summon roster.

Well, that would explain why I've been unable to find a second one to go with the level 20 Zombling I have waiting to evolve.

I'm not super serious about getting all the dragon parts, but I will see how I feel once I evolve the purple foot.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

inkmoth posted:

I'm not super serious about getting all the dragon parts

Hard Dragon Trove has been good for hording light & shadow dragons. :v:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
A new special week long fire event just opened.

It has 5 missions costing 10-30 stamina and the bonus from the hardest is SR Embress.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Steely Spree, woohoo! :v:

On the other side, which mons are valuable to sell? A loading screen message mentioned that there was something.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Just did the first Fire event mission and it dropped gems with various all target skills on them. Guessing that's going to be the way to level up skills on SR monsters.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 19, 2014

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Oooh, I already have one Embress. Need dat reward!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
This is probably obvious, but a Skill Soul evolves to the 'high' version of the same skill, right? I need me some All High Power.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
I'm wondering the same thing. If you fuse a ton of All Power and up it's skill level before you evolve it to a (possible) All High Power, will that upgraded skill set transfer when you fuse the All High Power to your selected monster?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
High Power evolved into All High Power, and it started at Skill Level two, so I guess that's yes to both.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
They added a Dragon Road evolutions page to the wiki.

http://wiki.dragon-coins.net/wiki/Dragon%27s_Road_Missions

The extra material requirement for evolution goes all the way to SR+. :suicide:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I got a comeback cube with the power from this dude and holy poo poo, where can I find one?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I don't have a count reset, and I generally use mono teams. What I do love is the combo extenders. I have a light and blue one. Simply amazing with giant coins or faster pushers. Love Skeeter has damage reduction which is amazing. High Heal is good too. I picked up a rare turtle who blocks all damage with Mirror Guard, which names implies reflection, but I have yet to try it. All Berserker is amazing too: team 100% crit.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I evolved my cool lookin' black cat monster. Now it's an anime catgirl with a low-cut shirt :thumbsup:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So I'm assuming that people are getting through the new dungeons with an all blue team, or is there some actual strategy behind it? I'm still wrapping my head around evolving my celestial rare into a celestial, beast enhancing leader.

That's like a fire padmon with light enhancing leader skills.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I evolved my cool lookin' black cat monster. Now it's an anime catgirl with a low-cut shirt :thumbsup:

Congrats on your new waifu. :v:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

My awesome window licker dog evolved into this dumb rear end thing.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Does the new fire event thing have All Berserker souls anywhere? Please don't say it's in the "Pro" one, that mission is a biiiitch.

I just checked the event and now the missions have changed. Instead of "Pro" there's "Expert" and "Ultimate," and the bonus Embress is gone. What the hell?

ellbent fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 19, 2014

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

So, is my app just acting wonky, or is the hero chest totally gone?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

inkmoth posted:

Mine is gone too. Thought I had half a day left. Well, probably going to ditch the set for boxspace.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
For fun I decided to work out how many dragons are required to evolve a single SR+ from the Dragon Road.

To evolve an SR+ dragon, you need 3 SR dragons. 1 of them must be level 20+
To evolve 3 SR dragons, you need 9 R+ dragons. 3 of them must be level 20+
To evolve 9 R+ dragons, you need 27 R dragons. 9 of them must be level 20+
To evolve 27 R dragons, you need 81 U+ dragons. 27 of them must be level 20+
To evolve 81 U+ dragons, you need 243 U dragons. 81 of them must be level 20+
To evolve 243 U dragons, you need 729 C+ dragons. 243 of them must be level 20+
To evolve 729 C+ dragons, you need 2187 C dragons. 729 of them must be level 20+

It gets even more fun when you start working out how many dragons of each element is required.

inkmoth posted:

The special missions area where Ahrimen fights show up is gone too.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 19, 2014

Denzer
May 15, 2009
Ahrimen is gone for how long? I guess no one knows.

The courage bar is useless right now then. I assume he's gone because of the seven day fire event. So maybe no Ahrimen or hero chest for a week then. Seems strange though.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
gently caress. They removed Embress from the event reward thing and replaced her with some stupid panda.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
The thing I hate about starting these new games is that I'm never sure what is good and what is trash. What are the things I need to hold onto and what are the things that superfuse monsters. Also, I have no idea if there are standard things to use to evolve stuff.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Generally, hold onto rares and above. Most stuff just evolves from a copy of itself. Value anything that has a healing ability - even some of the commons can make or break you if you have a heal available in a tight spot. I find the further I go along, the more I look for good skills rather than just good stats.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Yeah but how do I know this common doesn't turn into a uber baller thing later on?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Only the dragons do that. Everything else evolves into a '+' of its rarity. No fear.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Steely Spree, woohoo! :v:

On the other side, which mons are valuable to sell? A loading screen message mentioned that there was something.

Midasbane/Grootslang

I like how the game makes it pretty obvious, with having bodies made of gems and treasure chests for heads.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Don't bother fusing souls to get the All versions. Wasted 25 High Power ones evolving it into an All High Power (with skill level 3) and then fused it with my Embress, who didn't gain a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

This is such a goofy premise for a game that I can't help but play it.

cathead[SA] - 1962-3587-1642

• Locked thread