Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I like the Tawan-developed F2P MMORPG Onigiri PS4 from J-PSN. Looks like an early PS2 game, plays better than most western-made MMORPGs, isn't offensive like the animated trailer would have one believe and it is easy to understand the mechanics and systems of for those who don't know the lingo. Been wanting to record and make a video explaining how to download, register and get started in it but life's been keeping me busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Policenaut posted:

Someone actually compiled this huge list of translation materials

On the subject of that, here's a site doing Ishin: http://www.khhsubs.com/projectsrggishin.html

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Arcade classics have gone live on the Japanese PS4 PSN, Ninja Kid, Wrestling, Rygar, Bomb Jack, etc~
Haven't got the 853 yen required to pick any of them up so no idea of the emulation and control quality. We're not dealing with BackBone's 16bit to PS3 ports here.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

iastudent posted:

Is there a full list somewhere?

I think this has the best list, two a month is the goal: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/21/playstation-4-getting-virtual-japanese-arcade/

Bomb Jack, Exciting Hour (Wrestling), Rygar, Crazy Climber, Ninja Kid are the four available right now, should get the other two out early July. If they get Konami to play nice we might see Thunder Cross etc

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Akiba's trip 2 is out for the PS4 today, 5980 yen for the in-store digital. There's a gameplay trailer on http://akbstrip.jp/ and of course it's not worksafe nor looking that visually current-gen but whatever helps people get into the idea of buying a non-handheld is welcome. The mosaic-image leads to the trailer and it's not worksafe together with the DLC pages, it's got anime bulges since even men can be stripped now in order to see if they are evil vampires or not. I wish I could throw away my cash and pick it up because of morbid curiosity in weird Japanese games that I hope to one day understand, to emerge from it like a scientist leaving a lab after living there for years all "guys, I figured it all out!" but you know what? I'm happy this weird poo poo exists.

Genre: Japan

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Sarchasm posted:

And that's how games get made in Japan.

That read like something out of the DSM V.

straight jerkers posted:

The PS3 and Vita versions of Akiba's Trip 2 are coming out in English a month from now anyway.

Oohh that scaped my mind, and Natural Doctrine comes here ten days after Destiny, hard seat with everything coming up but maybe it'll sell better than it did in Japan. It looks like a modern day Shining Force strategy game on anti-anti-depressants and abuse but I want it hard.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

While too skint to feel like affording Destiny and the PS4 away on its second RMA, I got lucky with my hunt for Ishin and a friend in Japan set me up with the sound-track and the extras DVD:

I shouldn't have waited so long, drat thing launched in March. When the PS4 is back I intend to stream what the game lets me, I heard Sega went wild with the stream-disabling flag. Gonna follow the translation guide but enjoy myself.

e: It's a current-generation console game and it came with a 46 page full colour manual :unsmith:

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 8, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

Is it certain that Ishin is never getting translated at this point? Should I just bite the bullet and import it too?

You know the chance that aliens will land and be cool to us?

Import it if you dug the demo, the next (mainline) game in the series is due Q1 2015 and Zero has a better chance at localization. Should be down to 4000 yen at cheapest for the PS4 version in Japan.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Sony's betting big on Dragon Quest Heroes, targeting March 2015. Tokuiden cited for enemy encounter inspiration though still not a Musou game. Could find itself translated, hopefully acknowledgement of that happens quick because I'm probably going to pre-order an import the moment it opens up for it. It was followed in a magazine interview hinting that the actual next mainline DQ will come to the PS4, maybe PS3 also, if it's not simply stretching across multiple platforms entirely.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

It's very Japanese, reminds me of the other awards (from Sony) I've watched (on Nicovideo).

ps: Japan loves FPS games, and this will be followed up at 18:30 JST with Dengeki Famitsu etc talks at http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv200546696 headlined by my bro and buddy Dogma

e: Dude, PS1 grey anniversary PS4. I want it. Limited to 12300 units, 50k yen+tax biggiepackage, on sale through the Sony store Japan exclusively. If I was rich I'd have wired money over already.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv200546696 is on, going through games that won the awards

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Dec 3, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The moment Level-5's short White Knight Chronicles special stream started on nicovideo people started begging for PS4 RPGs so, yeah. Needs games to sell to more than the people who felt it worth upgrading from PS3s to play their western-developed multiplats on.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Someone mention spending upwards of 50k yen on an import?

http://commu.jp.playstation.com/blog/details/20141220_ffzerohd.html

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...JP-SEGAKYOKUGEN
Sweet little two-page Sega sale on J-PSN. Phantasy Star 1-4 with English option for 400 yen, PS2 only PS2 classic release, Project Diva games stand out for me.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

As a compensation for downtime the 10% off deal on Japanese PSN is live, seems to just be a code out in the open on the below page though. Runs from the 23rd to the 25th, Japanese time. I get paid on the 27th and welp.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/info/support/nr_20150120_psn_sen.html

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Zesteria impressions from what little I've read have been liking what there was, calling it an improvement (innovating on things), but then they finished it and down came the hammer. Dangit.

Liked Graces F combat, hated Graces F story and characters, was okay with Graces F visuals. Been longing for something that feels like an evolution from the 3D Tales game formula which began with Symphonia.
Would rather take a new Star Ocean or an even prettier Atelier PS4 oh yes

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 27, 2015

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If this had an online co-op Monster Hunter clone mode I bet they would be happier.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

tower of druaga posted:

Go take a look at Amazon reviews of the latest monster hunter game

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%AB%E.../dp/B00LSLNYBW/ :psyduck: kusowarota

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Agreeing with that JoJo mess.

There was game manual talk on reddit, I mentioned how things are different in Japan and felt like showing them GameFan magazine quality paper and print:for emphasis:

But how are the big games from the big three publishers (including the ones that Square-Enix publish) over there? Do they get manuals?

I bet Japanese gamers are all "wouldn't it be weird if games no longer came with manuals?"

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Trademark for Eyes of Heaven registered by Bandai Namco in Europe. I hope it doesn't lose them money or set them off localizing something not a gigantic-rear end-title in the future.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

For actual awesome import news on PSN, SPELUNKER Z IS OUT YOU GUYS!

1-5 serve as a tutorial, menus (with a bit of a tuturial) open up afterward, very easy to get into and understand but most importantly fun and feeling right. Six player co-op, lots of laughs and smiles. It is F2P but mainly for visuals and mid-mission continues, you have free continues in the tutorial stages, you can definitely enjoy it without paying a single yen.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The question is how or if we can register a Chinese account without issue.

e: We can! Games are locked to the Chinese account no matter what apparently
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156824686&postcount=120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Assault Suits Leynos demo up on J-PSN. I'm not familiar enough with the Leynos games of old nor Cybernator to say anything that it feels kinda soulless, and like something that originally was a PS3 piece.

• Locked thread