Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
Raziya does some fancy work as she stabs the Yellow Giant Mining Beetle, finally putting it out of its misery.

Akamur swings wildly missing the beetles completely as he's attention is too diverted to catch Raziya's suggestion to adjust out of flanking.

Blue Giant Mining Beetle
Standard: Bite vs. Akamur
Bite: 1d20+3+2 15 1d4+2 4
Swing and a miss.

UP NEXT: Aspexia (Arivia) and Akamur (Mustache Ride)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Tigi
Arrow Count: 32 Arrows, 19 Blunt, 20 Flight, 5 Grapple
4/4 1st level spells

Move: Draw Longsword
Free: 5' Step to W10
Standard: Longsword, No Flanking, vs Beetle AC: 1d20+2 13 1d8+2 3

Good Catch, edited out flanking.

She steps in close, but her sword clatters against the beetle, drawing it's attention without doing much damage.

Ow. They're a hard shelled sort.

Anias fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 8, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mustache Ride posted:

Moving into the spot opened up by Razia
I'm pretty sure he did move out of flanking.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

"Get away vermin, there's knowledge to be found!"

Aspexia runs forward and fires another splash at the next beetle. She misses wildly, making a nice hissing scar in the wall.

Move: Move to V11.
Standard: Splashing Another Beetle: 1d20-1 0 1d3 3 Beetle at W9, not that it matters.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm pretty sure he did move out of flanking.

Doh, good point, I missed that somehow. Correcting now.

Tigi steps up to take a swing with her blade, but it goes wide and misses the creepy crawler.

Aspexia follows up by throwing more acid into the fray which splashes harmlessly against the hard packed dirt wall.

The Red Giant Mining Beetle scurries up to take another bite at Akamur.

Red Giant Mining Beetle
Free: 5' to W8
Bite: 1d20+3 10 1d4+2 4
Swing and a miss!

UP NEXT: Raziya (Poison Mushroom) and Akamur (Mustache Ride)

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"Ow, this knowledge has an awful bite to it."

There's nothing you can do that can't be done. Nothing you can sing that can't be sung: 1d20+3 19 2d6+7 12 damage to Blue.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This inevitable miss is going to feel a lot better knowing Akamur's about to flatten the drat thing.

Raziya
"Is it just me, or is this going a lot better than the last couple times we've fought ravenous death bugs?"

In the end, it doesn't even matter: 1d20+4 17 1d6 4

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Sorry, I thought I posted something last night, but I must have imagined that in my NyQuil induced haze. Mustache Ride beat the gently caress out of that blue beetle, so Arivia and Anias are free to proceed with their turns.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

Aspexia's aim is better this time, and she strikes the last beetle squarely, even though her splash of acid doesn't actually look to do much.

Standard: More Beetle Acid: 1d20+3 16 1d3 1 Hopefully that's a hit!

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
4/4 1st level spells

Free: 5' Step to W9
Standard: Ready an Attack vs the first hostile in range Longsword vs AC: 1d20+2 13 1d8+2 4 Probably a miss.

Tigi steps forward, kicking the remains to the side.

Although they do crack, it seems. You've a good Hammer there Akamur.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Akamur and Raziya pulverize the Blue Giant Mining Beetle, leaving bits of entrails and shell all over the floor in a sticky mess.

Aspexia throws a dash of acid on the Red Giant Mining Beetle, and Tigi readies an attack but misses the beetle as it steps up to take a bite out of Akamur.

Red Giant Mining Beetle
Free: 5' to W8
Bite: 1d20+3 9 1d4+2 5
Swing and a miss.

UP NEXT: EVERYONE, FINISH HIM!

Korlac fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 13, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
4/4 1st level spells

Standard: Longsword vs AC: 1d20+2 21 1d8+2 7, Possible Crit.
Confirmation: Longsword vs AC: 1d20+2 5 1d8+2 7 Nope, haha orokos.
Free: 5' Step to W10

Tigi stabs the bug then steps back as Raziya moves forward.

The armor is weak along the seams, Raz.

Anias fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 13, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"Yeah, definitely going better than normal. I'm not even suffering from any grievous bodily harm!"

Five-foot step into W9, Aid Another so our friend with the giant hammer and the actually decent damage die can finish it off.

I get by with a little help from my friends: 1d20+4 7

Or not.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Tigi's blade pierces smoothly into the beetle carapace and draws back without resistance as the creature slumps lifelessly to the ground. It twitches every once in a while but nothing to indicate that its more than the residual death throes of a fallen enemy.

Returning to the business at hand Akamur digs into his gear to pull out a crowbar and digs it into the barely visible line in the dirt wall. Heaving for several minutes he's finally able to wedge it open enough to get a better angle, and after another few moments of grunting the door swings open.

In contrast to the rest of the tomb, this rough earthen passage is not lined with masonry. At various points along the tunnel, sections of the walls have crumbled, as if something had dug small tunnels in the walls that subsequently collapsed.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"Looks pretty dangerous down here. Lets not go all at once, I'll go ahead, you all wait for me at the corner, and then we'll proceed hall by hall, alright?"

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
Arrow Count: 31 Arrows, 19 Blunt, 20 Flight, 5 Grapple
4/4 1st level spells

-1 Arrow, we didn't take damage this fight did we, go us.

Tigi nods.

Not a bad plan. If these things have been digging, it might be weakened.

She kicks the beetle absently, and collects her bow. Then breaks off the arrow from the first shot and looks at it before discarding it.

What do they eat down here, anyways?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

"Carrion, most likely. To insects that can bury through stone, these tombs are nothing but individually-wrapped candies." Aspexia peers down the passage. "Not to discount your contribution, Akamur - we'd all be dead by now if not for you - but maybe Raziya should go in first? She has sharper eyes, and might be better able to spot any weaknesses in the tunnel's walls."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"I really should probably go first. If it DOES come down, I'm the only one who might conceivably be able to worm her way back out, too. Everyone else stay out here and wait for my signal and then follow me. Unless I scream, then most certainly do not follow me, I'm most likely dead."

And on that chipper note, Raziya begins the careful, delicate work of half-crouching, half-crawling through the tunnel, one eye ahead and the other on the roof above her.

I know things, Engineering (Lucky!): 1d20+10 28

4 rounds of Luck left. 28 to evaluate the structural integrity of the tunnel as I advance. Usual sift/search strategy otherwise.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Taking care Raziya slowly enters the dirt tunnel, watching the walls and ceiling carefully for any signs of collapse. Halfway through she's fairly certain the structure is sound just as the walls split open to reveal more beetles digging fresh holes in the dirt!

UP NEXT: Twig (Anias)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"Oh, you've got to be loving kidding me." Yep, this place is definitely out to get her. "It's safe...-ish! Now someone save me before I get eaten alive, please!"

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
4/4 1st level spells

Longbow Point Blank Shot: 1d20+5 17 1d8+1 8

Tigi's bow twangs, and an arrow appears in the nearest beetle.

We're coming Raz, just hang in there!

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Sorry, work got crazy busy again. I feel dumb for taking so long to update because Twig killed the giant mining beetle who was up next.

Upon seeing the creepy/crawly creatures dig out of the wall Twig snapped into action, reflexively drawing an arrow and letting it fly true, straight into the purple brains of one of the creatures. It slumps to the ground, dead before it even fully cleared the wall.

UP NEXT: Raziya (Poison Mushroom)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"Do that again!"

Five-foot step to R8, then full-defense action for +4 AC.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Raziya takes up a defensive position, raising her blade to prepare to parry any approach from the beetles. The Blue Mining Beetle then crawls up to test Raziya's steel.

Blue Mining Beetle
Free: 5' adjust to R8.
Standard: Bite vs. Raziya
Bite: 1d20+3 20 1d4+2 3
Misses because of Raziya defensive stance!

UP NEXT: Akamur (Mustache Ride) and Aspexia (Arivia)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Five-foot step to R8

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

Rushing down the corridor, Akamur quickly makes it to the beatle thretening Razia, and attempts to stomp it with his hammer.

Move to R9
Shine until tomorrow, let it be (+2 for flanking): 1d20+5 8 2d6+7 16

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

Aspexia squints, aiming her next spell down the narrow hallway, concentrating so she doesn't hit her friend. She fires another splash of acid...and hits the ceiling, raining down dust. "Eek! Duck!"

Acid Splash the Beetle: Shooting A Beetle: 1d20-3 4 1d3 3

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Adjusting everyone as needed to compensate for my screw up when I forgot Poison's 5' adjust.

Akamur rushes up to smash the bug with his hammer or sweet beetle justice, but he swings wide and misses the creepy crawly creature completely.

Aspexia takes aim with his acid splash and throws it with all her conviction, but is hits harmlessly against the far wall, doing little more than sanitize the dirt.

The Red Mining Beetle then runs up to flank Raziya and take a bite out of her!

Red Giant Mining Beetle
Full Round: Charge vs. Raziya
Charge: 1d20+3+2+2 13 1d4+2 4
Swing and a miss.

UP NEXT: Twig (Anias) and Raziya (Poison Mushroom)

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
4/4 1st level spells

Longbow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Beetle AC: 1d20+5-4 3 1d8+1 3

Tigi's bow twangs, and an arrow appears in the far wall, dangerously close to raziya's hand.

Oh dear. Careful in there!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

[Phone post]

Full defense for the AC then move out of the tunnel, taking the OA. If that's not possible, standard full defense.

Where'd the beetle to the west of me go?

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

Where'd the beetle to the west of me go?

Man, I'm really derping up this combat. I forgot to move the dude despite having posted about him moving. Unfortunately you're fairly pincered in there and can't maneuver past them without an acrobatics check to tumble out.

Tigi lets loose another arrow that imbeds itself harmless into the dirt wall while Raziya continues to maintain her defensive stance while the beetles try to bite her.

Blue Giant Mining Beetle
Bite: 1d20+3+2 10 1d4+2 3

UP NEXT: Akamur (Mustache Ride) and Aspexia (Arivia)

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"Hmm, you seem to be in quite the tough spot here Raziya, lets see if I can't get this beetle out of the way."

Take these sunken eyes and learn to see: 1d20+3 23 2d6+7 14
Critical Hit Confirm: 1d20+3 20 2d6+7 16

Total Damage: 30

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mustache Ride posted:

Total Damage: 30
:cheers:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

Aspexia shouts: "Get back out so we can all take it on, Raziya!" When a beetle approaches, she fires off another acid spell.

Standard: Ready an action to acid splash a beetle when it enters my line of sight. Here's the attack pre-rolled; it doesn't include penalties for shooting into melee or through cover if those apply (not that it matters!)
Readied Shot To Hit A Beetle: 1d20+3 5 1d3 2

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Sorry for the delay in responsiveness. We had a work emergency and I suddenly found myself flying to Seattle (Trust me, you don't wanna know). Anyways, enough excuses, ONTO THE GAME!

Akamur crushes the beetle beneath his mighty hammer, coating the dirt hallway in purple bug guts. Aspexia prepares a spell for the next creepy crawly she sees.

Red Giant Mining Beetle
Bite: 1d20+3 23 1d4+2 5
Possible crit...
Bite: 1d20+3 8 1d4+2 6
Did not confirm. 5 damage to Raziya.

UP NEXT: Everyone! (FINISH HIM)

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
4/4 1st level spells

Raziya withdraw! I'll cover you.

Move: U9
Readied action for after Raziya withdraws and there is a clear shot: Longbow Point Blank Shot: 1d20+5 22 1d8+1 4

Tigi's bow twangs, and an arrow appears in the beetle as Raziya ducks away.

Anias fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 31, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"I owe each and every one of you a drink when we get back.

Withdraw action right the hell out of there.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

"Let's just get out of here first!" Aspexia smiles.

Standard: Same as last round: ready an action to acid splash a beetle when it enters my line of sight. Here's the attack pre-rolled; it doesn't include penalties for shooting into melee or through cover if those apply (not that it matters!)
Readying to splash the beetle again: 1d20+3 18 1d3 3

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"Aha!" Akamur yells as the bug skitters after Raziya. Stepping back, Akamur hopes that it will continue after him back down the hallway, to allow his companions to assist with its death.

Whoa, I completely forgot to update this game. So sorry dudes.

Move to T9
Standard for when it enters range of Hammer: the sound of silence: 1d20+3 16 2d6+7 16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Seeing the passage behind her free up when the beetle blocking her way died horrible, Raziya turned tail and ran as fast as her legs would carry her.

Operating out of blind instinct the beetle followed her, chirping its sticky mandibles in a most disturbing fashion.

Raziya tumbled out of the tunnel entrance first while Akamur, Aspexia and Tigi all kept their weapons and spells readied for the next creature to leave the dirt hole. Once the beetle's head cleared the entrance, all hell broke lose and a hammer cracked its skull open which had already been pierced by an arrow and melted by acid.

The beetles twitching remains blocked the entrance for a moment as Akamur tugged it out of the way, leaving it to finish its death throes in the hallway.

Following the tunnel the group finds that it first takes a sharp left, then a sharp right before ending in another entrance. This one, however, is not difficult to pen and the group is once again left with the choice of whether to continue East or North.

• Locked thread