Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Tigi

Diplomacy for Gathering Information: 1d20+7 13

Tigi wanders the square gathering what news she can from the other groups, and then stops to consider the other strangers with no companions. As she walks, a dustdevil plays with the long robes of her traveler's gear, pushing them back and forth. She steps calmly through it, as if it were an everyday occurence, her eyes tightening briefly. Seeing the others with little luck, she moves towards them to introduce herself.

"I am Tigi, of the Elven Lorehomes. I have traveled a fair distance to be here, and now they tell me I should have brought assistants and clerics if I wanted to be considered. Petty bureaucrats are the same the world over it seems. Rules, rules, rules, always more rules in the way of things which must be."

She nods disgustedly towards the dias.

"As you appear to be similarly disposed, let us see a small grace in our inconvenience and their tediousness. There is no rule that bands must be long standing only that they must be of sufficient size. We might then band together now, beneath the watchful sun, and thus gain entrance to the necropolis. There is light to be spread, and I am sure from the look of us that we might all be of help to one another. Will you come with me into that dark place, and bring it's secrets to the light?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Religion for Sanctum: 1d20+5 23
Bluff to act innocent: 1d20+6 18

Twig's eyes narrow as the name, 'Sanctum of the Erudite Eye' catches her ear, but she schools her face quickly to puzzled innocence and lets the woman go into her sermon. When she winds down, and Aspexia provides an easy deflection, she agrees. Turning to Akamur she seconds the question.

"Yes, a room would be wise, and private dining if it exists would give us time to plan. Even if it's something as simple as comparing our various talents and aspirations, we still should hammer out the details before trouble arises. Why, I'm told some people can hardly swim, not that that seems too important in a desert, and knowing who is in charge of hauling the rest out of the deepwater would be wise."

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Ready as well

Tigi pokes her head into one suite, then the next. Spotting something, she drags the group into a single room, kicking the door shut behind her.

This looks lovely, thank you Aspexia. Oh you simply must come see this."

She keeps up a pleasant conversation about the decor, while gesturing at Aspexia to write at the table.

If aspexia pulls out paper/pen or equivalent, tigi will infodump onto the page what she learned about the sanctum up above. If not, she winds down her conversation looking a bit frustrated, ending with a mouthed 'Later'.

"We're going to have to set out in the morning. I'm an early riser. Should we end up in trouble, I can hold my own for a bit, but I'll do my best work at a distance.

She pats her sword and the shield on her back, but then unwraps a startlingly well cared for bow, filled with intricate engravings and tiny leaves, it almost appears alive.

Anias fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 15, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Tigi help clear the door.

Anias fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 16, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

She takes a step back and readies an arrow reflexively, casting light on the feathers as she waits for the door to open.

"Once you get the door open, stand clear and I'll give us some light to work with. I see well enough in darkness, but it never hurts to have extra eyes."

lets move this post here then. Just casting light on an arrow and readying a shot, I'll aim at the first creature I see, or the limit of my darkvision if I don't see anyone.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Know: religion masks clockwise from NE: 4#1d20+5 21 12 25 13
Take 20 on the door afterward.

"I recognize some of these masks. ". She glances at the door, then examines it more closely. "This would then be...". She explains.

Anias fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 17, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

look things over with detect magic

"I don't think so, it looks more like the disk is meant to slide. Raz might be able to figure it out. Just in case it might be worth covering the masks first though."

She takes a step back out the door with her bow at the ready.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Withdraw (Standard) to I34

"Creepy Crawly! Sneaky Stalky! Creepy Crawly! Stealing up on us, with a stinger!"

Twig does not like bugs, as her companions can tell by her high pitched squealing as she moves to the far side of the room, clambering over them in her haste to put distance between herself and it.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Aspexia

In the interest of keeping this moving, Aspexia Withdraws (Standard) to I37 for her surprise round action.

"A bug, fascinating. Why didn't I bring specimen jars? I should, oh. Perhaps I will stand over here, excellent idea Raziya."

Aspexia backs away from the scorpion, fingering her crossbow.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Standard Longbow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Scorpion AC: 1d20+5-4 4 1d8+1 2 Miss.

"Why did it have to be bugs? Snakes, fine, rats, fine, shambling undead, fine. Bugs, not not not fine."

Twig's agitation disrupts her shot, and she misses, her arrow sailing clear out of the tomb.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

R2 Longbow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Scorpion AC: 1d20+5-4 5 1d8+1 8 Miss, again.

"Aaah"

Twig fires another shot into the ceiling.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
Tigi calms down, then runs her hands over Raziya's wound. A soothing mist closing the gash and taking away the pain. She seems centred by it, then nods and goes to collect her damaged arrows a bit sheepishly.
Afterwards, she returns to the pit. A moment of peering at the darkness later, she starts to looks through her pack.

5.5 hp to Raziya, she's full and I have 3 first level spells remaining. Search my pack for a torch, cast light on it, cast spark on it, drop it in.

"Hrm, I know I packed a few of those. Ah yes, here we go."

The torch falls down more than 60 feet, revealing to all what Tigi had already seen, the shaft is smooth and fine stonecrafting, a difficult climb. She looks on with interest as the light descends, fingering her bow nervously.

Anias fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 19, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Tie some ropes together, tie some knots in the ropes, secure it to the door, down into the shaft we go. 60' darkvision if relevant, is the torch still burning, and the light spell still functional?

"Let's hope we have more luck than that fellow. Aspexia when we get down there grab the torch, please."

Tigi heads down the rope into the shaft, unlimbering her shield and sword once she reaches the floor. When the rest of the group is with her, she sheaths the sword and stows the shield, readying her bow once more.

"What happened to you, I wonder." she asks the body.

Heal Check: 1d20+3 8 These rolls.

Anias fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 20, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Look at the ceiling.

"Cause of death, who knows. Cause of stench, death."

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Stay where I am while Raziya checks for traps.

Tigi eyes the rope up into the world a moment longer, and tugs it once to be sure, then notches an arrow loosely.

"Well, with that cheery thought, let's get this next door open."

Anias fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 20, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Stay where I am.

Eyeing the darts beginning to pile up in the corners, Tigi suppresses a grin when Raziya pulls out only 10' of pole.

"Our first ancient treasure. Genuine temple darts, by the pound apparently. Put that away and go find a couple of moderately heavy rocks, and we can sit here while this thing empties itself out. It's safe to walk up the plate, just not to stand near it when it fires."

Anias fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 21, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Sure, explicitly spelling it out for ease. We send everyone up the rope one at a time with akamur in the lead, drop rocks, everyone back down the rope, throw rocks onto pressure plate, wait for darts to run out, curse every trap but at least we'll have rocks for the next one. If there are no rocks, bring down the dead scorpion.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Acrobatics: 1d20+0 19 Oh sure orokos, now you're competent.
Falling Damage: 2d6 5
Spend an out of combat CLW for 5.5 hp. 2/4 level 1 spells remaining. Hurrah, xp.

Tigi just lies on the ground a moment, staring at the ceiling as the rope falls on her.

"So good news. They trapped the way out. No clear indication how it triggered, why it didn't trigger when we came down, or anything else, but I'm liking the plan of desecrate the tomb more all of a sudden, even if the priests won't like it."

She stands up, brushing her hands through her hair and recovering a bit, then takes a long hard look at the ceiling of the new room.

Anias fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 21, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

If we don't have a preference coin bot says south. (22:13:47) Krysmbot: Anias, Tails

Tigi is drawn to the tapestry, and studies it a moment in silence before looking behind it expectantly. Finding nothing she looks it over once more, being careful not to disturb it.

"Interesting, I wonder if this is our late man and his family. I expect we'll want to tell the priests about this, maybe even take it with us when we leave."

She looks at the tapestry a moment longer, then turns toward the doors.

"You're sure they're not trapped Raz? If not, one's as good as the next."

Pausing a moment to look at Raziya, she moves toward the southern door.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Put me in Q22 until we move on just to keep an eye out behind us.

Remembering the ghost scorpion from earlier, Tigi nervously keeps an eye on her companions from the tapestry room, where she has a clear line of sight (and fire) down the trapped hall.

"Safe, and creepy bug free up there?"

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Staying put.

Tigi rolls her eyes at Akamur's suggestion.

"Don't be ridiculous Akamur. It's an antique mirror trap, why break it if we don't have to? You could just cover it. There's a convenient rug here, if you recall."

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Burn a CLW to put Akamur to full. Saving the last one to get someone up from unconscious.

Tigi tends to the dwarf's forehead, using the extra bit of her gift to take away the bruise from the darts, then stands ready as the next door is opened

"Exciting, it's a dungeon that accessorizes. Not your best look, Akamur. Push that door open a bit and let's see what else is in store for us"

Move up to V22 if we're opening doors. Let's check rough hallway before finished room, finding a way out other than climbing the bladed shaft seems important.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Tigi's arrow leaves her bow without much thought, then she scrambles backwards as it sinks into the beasts chest.

"Hi. We do indeed rule this plane. You will probably want to leave before things grow unfortunate."

Standard: Longbow, Point Blank Shot vs Sandling AC: 1d20+4+1 18 1d8+1 8
Move: Back up to U24

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Tigi's arrow flies wide.

"You must be thinking of the other plane. It's easy to get these things confused when your head is made of sand."

Standard: Longbow, Point Blank Sho vs Sandling AC: 1d20+4+1 10 1d8+1 4
Move: Still backing up to U24 for reals.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Tigi takes a moment to aim, declining to banter. Her shot improves dramatically.

Standard: Longbow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Sandling AC: 1d20+5-4 21 1d8+1 4 Possible Crit Orokos?! I'm dubious.
Confirming: Longbow, Crit Confirmation PBS, no PS, vs Sandling AC: 1d20+5-4 4 *Sad Trombone*
Move: Step forward to U22

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Tigi fumbles a blunt arrow from her quiver, dropping it on her foot. As if possessed, the arrow flies across the room out of reach. She grabs for another but makes no progress this round.

This is becoming ridiculous. I believe in you Akamur

Move: Step forward to W21
Standard: Longbow, blunt arrow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Sandling AC: 1d20+5-4 4 1d8+1 3 *Sad Trombone* Orokos, Please don't TPK us.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Tigi fires another blunt into the dunes, her eyes going wide at the near miss, and a smile on her lips as the hammer crashes home again.

Akamur you magnificent dwarf. Never was there a dwarf so skilled, a hammer so swift!

Move: none
Standard: Longbow, blunt arrow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Sandling AC: 1d20+5-4 16 1d8+1 9 So close Orokos, so close.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8+1 7 Thank you Orokos.

Tigi rushes to Raziya as the elemental falls to dust, her hands already aglow as she pokes and prods at the woman's ribs. Once her initial work is done, and she checks Raz's eyes for signs of a concussion, she sits back on her heels, the last of the healing glow fading.

We must press on, and carefully. My gift is all but depleted, and while I will recover on the morrow, I will not be able to do much more than bandage until then. You will be well, but no sudden motion. Once you feel up to it, please check the western door.

Tigi nods to Akamur as she stands.

Well fought, I am glad your blows were more effective than my arrows.

She pauses, and then looks around, hoping to recover what she can.

I think I'm doing this right, but showing my work in case I'm wrong. 5 shots, 1 regular hit (gone, hits even if they do no damage are usually lost), 2 regular misses (50% recovery rate), 2 blunt misses (50% recovery rate). Result: Recover 1 regular arrow, 1 blunt arrow.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

East is fine

Tucking her recovered arrows away, and mumbling about the waste on the sand creature dissolving the feathers on the one shaft that hit, she nods.

Ah indeed. I still have rations if it turns out we need to camp, I'm glad I didn't think to leave them in the inn.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Standard: Longbow, Point Blank Shot vs Solifugid X29 AC: 1d20+5 9 1d8+1 8 I see it is to be war between us orokos.
Move to T22

Tigi's shot bounces off the altar, and she notches a second arrow.

Draw them back. There is no telling what traps that room might hold.

Tigi backs up slowly.

Per IRC Top is 1, bottom is 2. Back up and make them stand in the doorway so aspexia and I have clear line of fire please.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Standard: Longbow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Solifuge AC: 1d20+5-4 7 1d8+1 2 Miss.
Move to T22

Tigi's shot bounces flies wide, and she notches a second arrow.

If you can clear the line of fire and hold them in the door, that would be ideal. Step back into this room to either side!

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Move to U22
Standard: Longbow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Solifugee AC: 1d20+5-4 20 1d8+1 9 Mis...Wait orokos I hit something, and for max damage. What a pal. The -4 is erroneous since Akamur moved back. It should just be 24 to hit vs whatever it's AC is with partial cover.

Tigi's shot impales the remaining Solifuge.

Thanks! Keep backing up and we'll be fine. Trying not to put the arrows into your friends is something they didn't warn me about at the Lorehome.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

We need to rest, I am out of heals for the day after Sandman Slam. Until we buy a wand of CLW we'll need to be careful about taking too much of a drubbing, although killing things fast is often the best way to do that.

"It looks like we can hunker down here, but can we do anything to secure the door?"

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
Arrow Count: 34 Arrows, 19 Blunt, 20 Flight, 5 Grapple
4/4 1st level spells

"A good point, that. After listening to the night, I'd rather be certain the tomb was as clear as we could make it."

Tigi follows Raziya and readies her bow, her mouth set in a firm line.

Ready an Attack at +5: Tigi will fire a shot against any obvious threat once Raziya opens the door.

Poison Mushroom posted:

...am I playing this too Tomb of Horrors?

No, Good Catch.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
Arrow Count: 34 Arrows, 19 Blunt, 20 Flight, 5 Grapple
4/4 1st level spells

"Possibly. Trophies of whatever he used this chariot for most likely."

At raziya's warning she looks at the chest from across the room.

"If it's trapped, it might be worth triggering from a distance. Say this other room? We could probably drape a rope around it carefully enough to be able to tug on it."

Given the last trap filled a large space with danger, let's definitely be behind the chariot to start with.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Standard: Longbow Point Blank Shot: 1d20+5 11 1d8+1 7
Move: Back up to M22

Tigi fires an arrow over the head of the furthest doll.

We can hold the hallway, if you back up slowly. Those are amazing, and it will be a shame to break them.

What are these dolls made of anyways? Having a hard time picturing it - did they leap out of the tapestry or were they like children's dolls, or what?

Anias fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 20, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Ok those are awesome. Why do I not have a set of specimen jars.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Standard: Longbow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs i27 Doll AC: 1d20+5-4 17 1d8+1 3
Move: None

Tigi fires an arrow into the wall, where it sticks.

That isn't promising.

Hardness 5 you say.

Anias fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jun 28, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Longbow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Doll AC: 1d20+5-4 21 1d8+1 5 Can the Dolls be Crit? Confirming in case...Longbow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Doll AC Crit Confirmation Check: 1d20+5-4 10 1d8+1 9, Nope, don't worry about it.

Tigi fires an arrow into a doll, where it sticks.

Hardness 5 you say.

I am seriously regretting not specializing in fire right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
Arrow Count: 32 Arrows, 19 Blunt, 20 Flight, 5 Grapple
4/4 1st level spells

Assuming Akamur slew the remaining doll and combat is over, 2 Misses, 1 recovered arrow 1 lost. 1 hit, another lost for -2 arrows total.

"I am absolutely collecting these dolls. Look at them! They're magnificent, if a bit battered now, I'm sure I could repair them, although perhaps I'll leave the enchantment out. What wonderful detail they have. I suspect this wing of the tomb has our deceased's trophies and tools judging by that chariot."

Tigi waits while Raziya searches the room, running her eyes anxiously along the ceiling and walls looking for danger our even an out of place torch. When the girl declares it clear, she begins packing the bits of doll into a sack, being careful to get all of them that she can see.

Take 20 on perception looking for the doll pieces. Tigi can cast mending in the future, and so packs away the doll remains. After that, examine the diorama and the two hangings on the walls

"Judging by his biography, our friend was a hunter and warrior of some note. I suspect these...dolls"

She gestures with the foot of one of the dolls.

Were part of some reenactment. Yes, they'd fit here.

Korlac how much of the set pieces (chariot and diorama) could we deconstruct without damaging them?

• Locked thread