Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Not sure why Joe Brantley is suddenly getting rocked after his awesome regular season but whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Scrotos posted:

Have? If you want me to learn quote my sentences with them corrected.

I did this and stopped years ago but I can take it no longer

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

Devo posted:

Not sure why Joe Brantley is suddenly getting rocked after his awesome regular season but whatever

SSS

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I only like that when it works in my favor

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

nasboat posted:

Oh, it's over. Omar DaSilva will return from the DL in tonight's game and give up at least 6 ER and we will lose.

nasboat posted:

Oh, it's over. Omar DaSilva will return from the DL in tonight's game and give up at least 6 ER and we will lose.

nasboat posted:

nasboat posted:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Meanwhile I am at peace with this series either way because it'll either be A) a comeback or B) a series in which Elcano got 3 starts and I still lost and thereby didn't deserve

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Moose Sellers can't face Tampa Bay without giving up at least 5 ER so that will happen and we will lose tomorrow

:cry:

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

What if I won tomorrow :peanut:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
playoffs are fun. more fun when I'm in them, but alas

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

nasboat posted:

Moose Sellers can't face Tampa Bay without giving up at least 5 ER so that will happen and we will lose tomorrow

:cry:

oh god you're actually pitching moose?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Devo posted:

oh god you're actually pitching moose?

King Figueroa lost his elimination game privileges two seasons ago

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
hey captmurphy how long was our insane playoff game last season? I wanna say 18 or 19 innings?

e: oh god nas Moose is so gonna let you down. he's allowed 23 runs on 25 hits in 27.1 IP against devo this season lol. 11 homers, holy jesus christsakes. 23 strikeouts:16 walks :stare:

uublog fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 4, 2014

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

never mind I found it!

it went 22 innings

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7QVtc90P_IxNW1FSnZEVVdzcDQ/edit?usp=sharing

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

uublog posted:

e: oh god nas Moose is so gonna let you down. he's allowed 23 runs on 25 hits in 27.1 IP against devo this season lol. 11 homers, holy jesus christsakes. 23 strikeouts:16 walks :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw9qqvm-LT8

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Who's that knockin' balls over the walls?

Oh that's right it's lovely Dick Perez

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

someone take over OP duties, I'm done

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

As sure as the sun rises in the east, Santa Fe ruins the dreams of Portland.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Okay but speculating here, if Tampa Bay goes all the way taking out New York, Trenton, Santa Fe, and Anaheim or Cleveland in succession I'm ready to call them a Team of Destiny

Also I am now rooting for this to happen so hard

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
And Jeff gets another cake walk to the WS. God loving drat it.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Scrotos posted:

I just beat two teams better than jeff damnit!

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

hey you know what's gonna be great is when Tampa Bay plays like an 85-win team against Santa Fe, then Santa Fe beats Cleveland again to win another WS despite having a team that's basically a shell of it's former self, one that ditched their top ace to look more toward the future and somehow waltzed to another crown

yaaaaaay let's pay money to keep helping this farce along every season yaaaaay

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

if I return it's because I don't want anyone else running this team and Jeff getting all my players, but I'm serious about not doing the OP or anything anymore. Someone else can do all that now.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Scrotos posted:

It couldn't have lined up better for me rotation wise, so of course Creek got shelled in game one and Wally got shelled in game five. Would be rad to be on the good end of a surprise run one of these days but the window is about closed.

Baseball is pain.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Devo posted:

I just beat two teams better than jeff damnit!

SSS. One really anyway, and 5 game series not 7. And either way Nasboat's team is better than yours.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Capt Murphy posted:

It couldn't have lined up better for me rotation wise, so of course Creek got shelled in game one and Wally got shelled in game five. Would be rad to be on the good end of a surprise run one of these days but the window is about closed.

Baseball is pain.

Yup my worst team was my first season in the playoffs and was the one year I beat Jeff. I stopped caring because I kept losing to Dryb or Devo in the playoffs. But poo poo happens, playoffs are a complete crap shoot. But I also see why Nasboat can get frustrated most of this game good teams are on autopilot and bad teams are ignored while you rebuild.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Scrotos posted:

SSS. One really anyway, and 5 game series not 7. And either way Nasboat's team is better than yours.

I also beat jeff 6-4 in the regular season and have a better rotation, but hey no chance amiright?

And duh nasboat's team is better than mine. He's still never beaten me in the playoffs :D

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'll take over your team, nasboat :)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

ArtVandelay posted:

I'll take over your team, nasboat :)

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Devo posted:

I also beat jeff 6-4 in the regular season and have a better rotation, but hey no chance amiright?

And duh nasboat's team is better than mine. He's still never beaten me in the playoffs :D

Act like you understand Jeff's magic in the playoffs. You will lose and we will all complain.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Nasboat, let's swap teams, and if you win a world series with my team in season 29, you can quit dimaggio

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

piss off Art I would never in a million years let you touch this team

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

If you leave, you can guarantee that I'm taking it :)

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

If you leave, you can guarantee that I'm taking it :)

lol if you think I wouldn't pick my own replacement and do it during the season to save budgets

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Atheistdeals.com posted:

What if I won tomorrow :peanut:

What if what always happens, happens :peanut:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Lmao art you would prob sell off everything as soon you took it over just to piss off nasboat

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

uublog posted:

Lmao art you would prob sell off everything as soon you took it over just to piss off nasboat

No, I'd keep it as is and probably win the world series with it :v:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

You were in rare form in game 1, Sparky

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

hi haters

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Devo posted:

hi haters

hi jerk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

welp lost two non-deivi starts see y'all next season

• Locked thread