Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hates black people loves the clippers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

oatgan posted:

hates black people loves the clippers

Pretty much.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

Okay, but you're going to miss Rusev against Erik Rowan and HEY COME BACK HERE WHERE ARE YOU GOING

Would watch the hell out of this match.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Fibby Boy posted:

Would watch the hell out of this match.

Throw in Roman Reigns...because he can't wrestle! LAWL!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wait are Rusev and Lana an actual item because :stare:. That's one lucky man.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

I found this early Natalya painting. Must be her "comedians married to Rich Vos" period.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait are Rusev and Lana an actual item because :stare:. That's one lucky man.
I assume they just travel together for kayfabe purposes. To clippers games, of course

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fiveace Attorney posted:

I assume they just travel together for kayfabe purposes. To clippers games, of course

I just looked it up and yes they are apparently actually dating (though Wikipedia could of course be full of poo poo). Well alright then. You go, Rusev.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Best part of Raw was Rybaxel deciding who was going to job to Sheamus with Rock, Paper, Scissors and then a coin toss. Followed by Ryback's BIG GUY OUT!.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
"RUSSEV CRUSH!" "RUSSEV SMASH!" "FOR VLADIMIR PUTIN!"

Go, Rusev.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

D'awww, they look so happy together.

But why is Lana wearing a Magics cap? Is... is she a sleeper agent? :ohdear:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
They broke Duggan's 2x4? This is sacrilege and I will never watch WWE ever again.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Basically Lana is good at talking, has an awesome look, does a ridiculous accent admirably, has loving great music. The only things that aren't so hot are that she doesn't say numanya anymore (I'm going to complain about this every single week) and she's managing a wooden golem who has pictures of Vladimir Putin in his titantron

Putin is the greatest leader on the planet, and the best part of the gimmick. :ussr:

I want her to cut a promo on Ukraine, and make this go Mohammed-Hussan levels of awkward.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

So D Bry is legit busted up? That sucks. Bet he'll be back before he really should be Cena style. In the meantime we all have The Shield to believe in I guess.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

I am unnerved by Lana with her hair down.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Man, the first hour of that Raw was fun, and the Shield parts were great as usual...but then the rest happened and now Bryan is gone.

:sigh:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I don't understand the pink inflatables, is it a basketball thing?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Thunder sticks. You slap them together to make noise and if you're sitting behind the backboard you wave them to distract the guy shooting free throws.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blasmeister posted:

They're thundersticks, you bang them together to make a surprising amount of noise.

I assume they're pink for breast cancer awareness.

e:f,b

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

So the basketball equivalent of the vuvuzela, got it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blasmeister posted:

So the basketball equivalent of the vuvuzela, got it.

They have been popular in various sports from time to time.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, it's not so much a basketball thing but a thing certain US sports franchises distribute or sell to fans.

I think the Angels baseball team popularized them.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Daniel Bryan posted:

PWInsider says it is a broken neck, but a minor break. Not a fusion. May not be back in the ring until Summerslam. Not sure what caused except for his "Wild in-ring style."

They don't want to strip him unless they absolutely have to, so if he's back for Summerslam then he'll likely keep it.

Promo on Raw was unscripted.

Make Bryan-Cena II happen somehow. Don't care how Cena wins the title, just make it happen again. Same arena and whatnot it all writes itself. Especially if Rollins murders HHH before the match.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

oatgan posted:

Thunder sticks. You slap them together to make noise and if you're sitting behind the backboard you wave them to distract the guy shooting free throws.

I have never seen those things outside of a Korean Starcraft tournament before.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They have them in literally every basketball game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its big for distracting the opposing team shooting free throws. I don't know if it works but its a great visual.

I don't like Rusev, I find the gimmick silly, and I'm kind of slightly weirded out by the black wrestlers thing but there's a part of my brain I'm not especially proud of that can't turn off one of their segments because it's mesmerized by Lana's legs.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ziggler was out for a while when he had the WHC and they let him keep it until he was healthy enough to drop it. If they don't strip Bryan of the title, it'd be kinda cool if they split the titles again and had people compete for the WHC, then have WWE champion Daniel Bryan fight the title holder for the reunification. I don't see them doing that though.

Another potential silver lining in this is that Wade Barrett now holds the top active title in the company, which could mean a strong push for him.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
it sucks bryan is gonna be away for a bit of time but i hope it causes them to panic and do something ridiculous like make wyatt/cena a title match because wyatt beat bryan that one time and cena's beat wyatt as a way to emergency book the title back onto cena.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
also, does this mean kane actually won his feud? what happens next week? is he just back to wearing a suit and everyone's like "okay now that we've taken care of that problem..."

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Sugar Blaster posted:

it sucks bryan is gonna be away for a bit of time but i hope it causes them to panic and do something ridiculous like make wyatt/cena a title match because wyatt beat bryan that one time and cena's beat wyatt as a way to emergency book the title back onto cena.

Yes, Cena going over again would be so good for Bray right now.

The sad part is I can totally see them wrapping up the feud quickly and decisively to free up Cena for the title picture if Bryan's out for more than 1 PPV

Sugar Blaster posted:

also, does this mean kane actually won his feud? what happens next week? is he just back to wearing a suit and everyone's like "okay now that we've taken care of that problem..."

2 feuds in a row where Kane wins by disappearing his opponent

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
When Rusev inevitably gets pushed down the card after being fed to Cena or whatever I want him to join up with Rybaxel and just add his music to theirs creating the most unlistenable thing ever.

Also because I like Rusev and want him with cool people like Rybaxel.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

sticklefifer posted:

Ziggler was out for a while when he had the WHC and they let him keep it until he was healthy enough to drop it. If they don't strip Bryan of the title, it'd be kinda cool if they split the titles again and had people compete for the WHC, then have WWE champion Daniel Bryan fight the title holder for the reunification. I don't see them doing that though.

Things clearly played out in a way tonight where is the surgery goes well, they will keep the belt on him. If it doesn't go well, they can strip the title from him next Monday.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, especially given the way his other title reigns ended it would be really bad to strip him before they even know how long it's going to take for him to return. It's not like they need another Bryan/Kane match to carry the next PPV.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Suben posted:

When Rusev inevitably gets pushed down the card after being fed to Cena or whatever I want him to join up with Rybaxel and just add his music to theirs creating the most unlistenable thing ever.

My ears are already bleeding.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Deadpool posted:

Ryback, Big E, Russev with optional Henry. 3WM. 3 wide men.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Deadpool posted:

You can add a new guy every few months and their music goes into the pile at some point morphing into something like this.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I'm 100% sure that the Black Wrestlers vs Rusev thing was not a thing until people on the internet started pointing it out, and then some guy tweeted that if Big E was next we riot. So of course Big E was next so we will riot. It's almost like they want a heel who FLASHES PICTURES OF PUTIN to have heat.

I like Rusev because I normally hate the Evil Foreigner Heel, but rather than getting annoying stupid cheap heat by dumping on America, which is why it took me a long time to get into Cesaro while he was doing that dumb poo poo at US Champion, he gets stupid funny cheap heat by being comically hyper-nationalist for his own non-American nation. (Mostly) removing the anti-American rhetoric makes the whole thing much better because it removes the mental reflex to get defensive against a direct attack and replaces it with the fear of an Other that is superior to you. In other words, Rusev is good because by talking about Russia being good instead of America being bad, the audience's reaction is not to say "NO, AMERICA IS GREAT! :argh:" it is instead "What if Russia IS better? :ohdear:"

As many people have pointed out, I don't know why it took Vince 30 years to figure out that Victor Drago was a better character than some guy who comes out and says "You guys are dumb because America is dumb and you are Americans."

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
It kind of seems like they're turning Stephanie into, like a female Kane? I don't know, but it's funny. Until her and Brie have a match. Then it will be funny for different reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Sanguinia posted:

I'm 100% sure that the Black Wrestlers vs Rusev thing was not a thing until people on the internet started pointing it out, and then some guy tweeted that if Big E was next we riot. So of course Big E was next so we will riot. It's almost like they want a heel who FLASHES PICTURES OF PUTIN to have heat.

I like Rusev because I normally hate the Evil Foreigner Heel, but rather than getting annoying stupid cheap heat by dumping on America, which is why it took me a long time to get into Cesaro while he was doing that dumb poo poo at US Champion, he gets stupid funny cheap heat by being comically hyper-nationalist for his own non-American nation. (Mostly) removing the anti-American rhetoric makes the whole thing much better because it removes the mental reflex to get defensive against a direct attack and replaces it with the fear of an Other that is superior to you. In other words, Rusev is good because by talking about Russia being good instead of America being bad, the audience's reaction is not to say "NO, AMERICA IS GREAT! :argh:" it is instead "What if Russia IS better? :ohdear:"

As many people have pointed out, I don't know why it took Vince 30 years to figure out that Victor Drago was a better character than some guy who comes out and says "You guys are dumb because America is dumb and you are Americans."

Lana comes out and says "America is dumb and Russia is better" every single time and then we get U-S-A chants I have no idea how you overanalyzed Rusev so bad but goddamn. They clearly want people to go "no America owns and also Russia sucks"

• Locked thread