Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

BlueArmyMan posted:

I kind of wonder what Steen's new finisher will be, cuz no way in hell will they let him do the package piledriver.

Top rope school boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Yessssssssssssssssssssss

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yessssssssssssssssssssss

I love the people who handle WWE.com.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Steen doing the Mr. Wrestling-era Senton would be pretty rad actually.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bring back the Steenalizer

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Why do they need Roderick Strong when they already have Alicia Fox?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

jscolon2.0 posted:

That highly dramatic lady can't reasonably be expected to break all the backs. She'll need some help.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I just can't really see Steen fitting in anywhere in WWE. I could be completely wrong but even in NXT Steen just doesn't remotely fit the WWE mold to me.

I'd like to see Elgin get signed to WWE, though.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Having some bigger indie names on the NxT roster will hopefully make it a better show than it has been at times since Arrival when the main-show plundered roster really started to show its thinness. Plus now it's being treated as more of a C-show it should soften the blow of being in 'developmental' for the vets while they adjust to WWE style. Win/Win even if they get Zayned and spend forever there without graduating.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

because Alicia Fox only does one backbreaker and probably doesn't even know what a draping double-underhook backbreaker looks like

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Blasmeister posted:

Win/Win even if they get Zayned and spend forever there without graduating.

I thought WWE said that NXT is not a career, around the same time they canned Mason Ryan? Getting Zayn'd is probably not a good thing since it looks like if you can't either improve, get over, or solve whatever the gently caress Zayn did to get stuck in there, you'll get fired.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

oatgan posted:

because Alicia Fox only does one backbreaker and probably doesn't even know what a draping double-underhook backbreaker looks like

it looks cool, alicia

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
There are other guys who have been in developmental longer than Sami Zayn has. I'd be more worried about the guys who haven't debuted on NXT at all. (Sami Callahan)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sockser posted:

I'd like to see Elgin get signed to WWE, though.

Elgin is amazing (thanks Bobkatt for that DVD in Secret Santa), but he can't talk, and because he's built like a brick shithouse while being under 6', he has an unfortunate physique. I really can't see him being signed.

Edit: Steen could be their new "I wreck poo poo" maniac, since Brock is on limited dates and Mark Henry is breaking down.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

Timby posted:

Elgin is amazing (thanks Bobkatt for that DVD in Secret Santa), but he can't talk, and because he's built like a brick shithouse while being under 6', he has an unfortunate physique. I really can't see him being signed.

I don't know. Rusev fits this same description to me. Elgin is only 27 or something. Door is far from closed.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Shima Honnou posted:

I thought WWE said that NXT is not a career, around the same time they canned Mason Ryan? Getting Zayn'd is probably not a good thing since it looks like if you can't either improve, get over, or solve whatever the gently caress Zayn did to get stuck in there, you'll get fired.
I think they like Zayn in there because he can teach the more green wrestlers how to wrestle better.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Does (did?) Kane razor the front half of his head? Was it continuity from when he got demasked on RAW by HHH?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Timby posted:

he also has really, really bad hair

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

his hair is starting to look less bad the longer it gets

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

Having some bigger indie names on the NxT roster will hopefully make it a better show than it has been at times since Arrival when the main-show plundered roster really started to show its thinness. Plus now it's being treated as more of a C-show it should soften the blow of being in 'developmental' for the vets while they adjust to WWE style. Win/Win even if they get Zayned and spend forever there without graduating.

Well, IIRC NXT guys make roughly what Steen's making on the indies now, so that would be a bummer if he's stuck there considering he's doing this for his wife and kids' financial security.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

that's part of his charm

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Mango Steen

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Sami Zayn hasn't been in NXT that long really. better they wait and debut him right, if he'd made the main roster by now he'd have been lost in the load of call ups.

the fact he got mentioned by Cena on Raw is surely a sign that he's 100% safe in terms of eventual call up.

Really interesting what they do with Steen though.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Thauros posted:

Well, IIRC NXT guys make roughly what Steen's making on the indies now, so that would be a bummer if he's stuck there considering he's doing this for his wife and kids' financial security.

I'd imagine he'd have far lower road expenses at NXT than working the indies so he'd be able to put a good amount of money in the bank

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah, basically. And in terms of exposure it's not really a step backwards from running the indie circuit and even if it doesn't work out you can use it to your advantage ala Chris Hero.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Kevin Steen ' s NXT name is gonna be so funny.

Lloyd Boņer

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Malcolm Blueberry

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ch3cooh posted:

I'd imagine he'd have far lower road expenses at NXT than working the indies so he'd be able to put a good amount of money in the bank

Your road expenses are paid for on the indies.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cardboard Box posted:

Elgin's hair is a true selling point.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

MassRafTer posted:

Your road expenses are paid for on the indies.

Depends on who you are but in Steen's case yes.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I wonder if Heyman's presence will have any effect on Steen not getting the same treatment Colt Cabana did when he was with WWE.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I wonder if Heyman's presence will have any effect on Steen not getting the same treatment Colt Cabana did when he was with WWE.

Not unless they gave him a presence in NXT creative recently.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

oatgan posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of "Rougeau"

In fact I was specifically betting that's his last name.

I'm sure he would love this.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of "Rougeau"

In fact I was specifically betting that's his last name.

Only if he sings his theme.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Y'all are making poo poo up now with "getting zayn'd." He's been in developmental for a little over a year now. Rollins was in developmental for at least 2 years before getting called up to the main roster.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Y'all are making poo poo up now with "getting zayn'd." He's been in developmental for a little over a year now. Rollins was in developmental for at least 2 years before getting called up to the main roster.

I don't think this is the right time for Zayn to debut, but at the same time Rollins had way more to work on so he should have been down longer. (Longer than Zayn that is.)

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Strawberry Panda posted:

This is the same forum that started getting upset that WWE was totally wasting Dean Ambrose and they needed to strike while the iron was hot about a week after he debuted on NXT television.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

This is the same forum that started getting upset that WWE was totally wasting Dean Ambrose and they needed to strike while the iron was hot about a week after he debuted on NXT television.

I guess a few people were? Mainly people seemed miffed he had this big angle with Foley set up that ended up getting cancelled for what appeared to be no reason.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

That seems unlikely since when Ambrose first appeared on NXT he was already part of The Shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Deadpool posted:

That seems unlikely since when Ambrose first appeared on NXT he was already part of The Shield.

FCW, maybe?

• Locked thread