Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

MotU posted:

Lana comes out and says "America is dumb and Russia is better" every single time and then we get U-S-A chants I have no idea how you overanalyzed Rusev so bad but goddamn

I missed her promo tonight due to a stream hiccup, but Lana hasn't put down American for the last several weeks unless you count "Don't worry America, we've got your defecting spy NICE and safe :smug:" She just talks about how Rusev is great, Russia is great and Putin is great, and then tells America to Rise and Pay Tribute.

Also, maybe if you don't want people to actually think about wrestling characters and why they cause certain reactions or why some characters work when other similar characters don't, you should start a campaign to get people to stop using the term PSYCHOLOGY to describe that very thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Sanguinia posted:

I missed her promo tonight due to a stream hiccup, but Lana hasn't put down American for the last several weeks unless you count "Don't worry America, we've got your defecting spy NICE and safe :smug:" She just talks about how Rusev is great, Russia is great and Putin is great, and then tells America to Rise and Pay Tribute.

Also, maybe if you don't want people to actually think about wrestling characters and why they cause certain reactions or why some characters work when other similar characters don't, you should start a campaign to get people to stop using the term PSYCHOLOGY to describe that very thing.

Last week at ER she literally said Vladimir Putin makes fools out of all Americans, like it was the first sentence out of her mouth besides her Russian intro thing

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

MotU posted:

Last week at ER she literally said Vladimir Putin makes fools out of all Americans, like it was the first sentence out of her mouth besides her Russian intro thing

I admit I'd forgotten that line, but I still maintain that there's a large and obvious difference between "You are stupid," and "We are smart," in terms of the elicited reaction from an audience.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blasmeister posted:

Yes, Cena going over again would be so good for Bray right now.

The sad part is I can totally see them wrapping up the feud quickly and decisively to free up Cena for the title picture if Bryan's out for more than 1 PPV

2 feuds in a row where Kane wins by disappearing his opponent

Blas, shock and horror, Cena was always going to go over again at Payback. If Extreme Rules had been a better match Wyatt would have been really strong going into Payback. It just turns out someone decided to go full retard on the booking and thus everyone came out of ER looking like a loving tool. If it makes you feel better, think of it like this.

Wyatt looked a tonne better coming off a loss at Wrestlemania than a win at Extreme Rules. He will probably leave a Last Man Standing match looking like a god, because the lowest rated LMS that Cena had was with Ryback and that was 3.5 and mostly because of the No Contest ending.

Every other LMS he's been in is 4 or above, so more than likely, Wyatt/Cena is going to most likely end in a 4 star + match where Bray looks like a god drat monster anyway. If we are even really lucky, we'll see something like the Umaga ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZslMWuUbNIE&t=171s

If we are unlucky, this feud will continue past Payback. And the longer they have the more likely they are to royally gently caress it up worse than at ER.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Sanguinia posted:

I admit I'd forgotten that line, but I still maintain that there's a large and obvious difference between "You are stupid," and "We are smart," in terms of the elicited reaction from an audience.

Well they better start saying 'America sucks' faster and harder because no one gives a poo poo about Rusev outside of Lana being hot and USA being fun as heck to chant

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Onmi posted:

Blas, shock and horror, Cena was always going to go over again at Payback. If Extreme Rules had been a better match Wyatt would have been really strong going into Payback. It just turns out someone decided to go full retard on the booking and thus everyone came out of ER looking like a loving tool. If it makes you feel better, think of it like this.

Wyatt looked a tonne better coming off a loss at Wrestlemania than a win at Extreme Rules. He will probably leave a Last Man Standing match looking like a god, because the lowest rated LMS that Cena had was with Ryback and that was 3.5 and mostly because of the No Contest ending.

Every other LMS he's been in is 4 or above, so more than likely, Wyatt/Cena is going to most likely end in a 4 star + match where Bray looks like a god drat monster anyway. If we are even really lucky, we'll see something like the Umaga ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZslMWuUbNIE&t=171s

If we are unlucky, this feud will continue past Payback. And the longer they have the more likely they are to royally gently caress it up worse than at ER.

I've been running under the assumption that Cena will win the feud for a while because idk how you can sell Cena losing the feud and not switch up his character, but I've spoken to a fair few people who think WWE has big plans for Bray and might well have him win the feud. As the weeks of confusing promos and unclear motivations move on and the booking of the feud and the booking of the matches drift further and further apart in terms of narrative, believing that gets more appealing as something to cling on to. Bray is a wonderful promo and can deliver the material like few can but this entire feud is a mess and it's getting less and less clear what this is all about apart from 'we are having a LMS match soon', and the idea of this feud delivering something that would help Wyatt long term would be something salvageable. Otherwise a 3-match series where Cena wins 2 clean and loses one clusterfuck between them that made everyone look really stupid, but especially Wyatt is what we're left with, and that's just sad. Bray Wyatt, most promising new heel in years, and the only dude in the past ~9 months to beat Bryan clean, leader of a stable that can beat even The Shield reduced to Cena fodder of the week and unable to do poo poo to him even 3 vs. 1.

I get what you're saying about looking good in defeat, but wins and losses do matter - they protected Ryback for the longest time but he kept losing and it killed him.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 13, 2014

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Boy, that was a useless, water treading Raw.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MotU posted:

Well they better start saying 'America sucks' faster and harder because no one gives a poo poo about Rusev outside of Lana being hot and USA being fun as heck to chant
Make Rusev heavy weapons guy from TF2 would be a vast improvement over his :geno: gimmick. Also have him wrestle more dynamically.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Ignoring the boring water treading nature of raw. I am curious about everything with Sandow. Is there any story on if he is actually stealing the mic for time or is this part of the...ugh "reality era"?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Optimist with doubt posted:

Ignoring the boring water treading nature of raw. I am curious about everything with Sandow. Is there any story on if he is actually stealing the mic for time or is this part of the...ugh "reality era"?

he's being cooled off right now to see if he "really wants it." wwe will depush him for good after not really understanding why he isn't over anymore

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
With Batista gone after Payback and Bryan out til maybe SS the build for MITB might really suffer. I wonder if they blowoff the Cena feud and the Evolution feud and just put sole focus on the ladder match or what. I'm really intrigued to see how they handle this

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blasmeister posted:

I've been running under the assumption that Cena will win the feud for a while because idk how you can sell Cena losing the feud and not switch up his character, but I've spoken to a fair few people who think WWE has big plans for Bray and might well have him win the feud. As the weeks of confusing promos and unclear motivations move on and the booking of the feud and the booking of the matches drift further and further apart in terms of narrative, believing that gets more appealing as something to cling on to. Bray is a wonderful promo and can deliver the material like few can but this entire feud is a mess and it's getting less and less clear what this is all about apart from 'we are having a LMS match soon', and the idea of this feud delivering something that would help Wyatt long term would be something salvageable. Otherwise a 3-match series where Cena wins 2 clean and loses one clusterfuck between them that made everyone look really stupid, but especially Wyatt is what we're left with, and that's just sad. Bray Wyatt, most promising new heel in years, and the only dude in the past ~9 months to beat Bryan clean, leader of a stable that can beat even The Shield reduced to Cena fodder of the week and unable to do poo poo to him even 3 vs. 1.

I get what you're saying about looking good in defeat, but wins and losses do matter - they protected Ryback for the longest time but he kept losing and it killed him.

Listen, I'm not arguing that the writing has gone 6 ways loving retarded, I've spoken at length about how the writing has gone 6 ways loving retarded. I could not even begin to tell you what Wyatts end-game is or what Cena's End-Game is beyond "win next match" In a smart world, ER wouldn't have been a clusterfuck of a match that made no sense, and the plot wouldn't have taken a turn down retard lane instead of focusing on the very basic story the first match was built around.

Thing is... if Wyatts entire goal is still turn Cena evil, he's not going to accomplish that in this LMS. Which means that in the end the entire feud will have essentially been for nothing, and will have wasted everyones time. That's if they intend to still end it at Payback, last I heard there's talks to KEEP IT GOING. And I have no loving idea where you go from here, I thought the Three-PPV arc of Victory, Defeat, Victory or Defeat, Victory, Victory was a good idea. Provided they kept the story on the rails.

What's the logical end to this feud? Either Cena beats Wyatt to the point where he thinks it isn't worth it anymore, or Wyatt turns him. The latter ain't happening, DOUBLE since Bryan has the neck thing. at the very least Wyatt can say "I have a victory (lovely match, but victory none the less) and two really good matches that'll make me look like a crazed monster" This is way more than Ryback can say.

He was going to job to Cena from the beginning, that was always the end-result of the feud. So at this point, best look to the positives. It's probably going to be a really good match, and even if he loses Wyatt'll probably look really good.

And hey, maybe they decide to go to 4+ PPVs (God loving forbid) Cena is 2-2-1 in LMS matches (the 1 being the Ryback no contest, and the only LMS he's ever had to get below 4 stars) He's essentially got a 50/50 chance of losing.

Now if this was an I quit match (and this is why I want it to end here, because if it goes longer and into an I quit match. This is all hosed, even if Bray WINS LMS and then goes to I quit) then Bray is completely hosed up, because even winning LMS is not going to negate "Cena made him say he quits"

So I'm looking on thje bright side, I'm hoping this ends it, and that Bray looks good coming out of it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I think the best we can hope for in that case is a 'Harper & Rowan barred from the arena' stip, because otherwise we're getting a pile of interference and I can't see Bray looking good in defeat after that.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

I think the best we can hope for in that case is a 'Harper & Rowan barred from the arena' stip, because otherwise we're getting a pile of interference and I can't see Bray looking good in defeat after that.

Yeah, unless, god loving forbid, Faces interfere on the behalf of the overwhelmed babyface. I KNOW IT'S A SHOCKING CONCEPT but maybe have some of the guys come out to save the baby face and even the odds.

Otherwise, Harper and Rowan face the Uso's for the belts and get destroyed or something to explain their absence. This really needs to be a one on one affair that makes Wyatt looks strong (which isn't hard in an LMS match) so that even if he loses, he can take something from it. Cause as much as he says "I don't care if I die" let alone win, a win still matters.

The other good (but unlikely) thing is that Cena just wails on him endlessly with chair/stair/stick whatever weapon of choosing and Bray goes down, but Cena succumbed to the dark side and let the monster loose. So even though he beat Wyatt, he lost the original reason for this feud, Wyatt wanted to prove he was a monster.

And you end the feud there and move Cena into a new opponent with that mindset, and Wyatt gets to gloat that in defeat he won, and then move on to his next target.

That's probably one of the best case scenarios, because Bray wins the mind games then.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Just watching this weeks Raw right now after work.

Alicia Fox is a better heel than most of the guys, holy poo poo. Just incredibly cocky and easy to hate, that cheap shot, her whiny freak out at the end. God drat.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
sucks batista's gonna be gone. a shield v. evolution money in the bank match would be a real good way to stretch out this feud.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

TheJoker138 posted:

Alicia Fox is a better heel than most of the guys, holy poo poo. Just incredibly cocky and easy to hate, that cheap shot, her whiny freak out at the end. God drat.

You can pretty much stop after the next segment. First hour was good, everything else was ok.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Sugar Blaster posted:

sucks batista's gonna be gone. a shield v. evolution money in the bank match would be a real good way to stretch out this feud.

Well anything else is gonna be a disappoint to me now. I want this match

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So what's the non-kayfabe on Bryan? How bad, how long is he out?

This sucks beyond the telling of it :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rusev should have a thing where the Titantron stays on the picture of Putin the whole time he is wrestling. Just the benevolent 30-foot head of the neo-tsar always in shot as he wrestles.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

He's out till Money In The Bank is the word on the street.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

TheJoker138 posted:

I wish she would learn to do more than the two same moves though.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

I've seen guesses from able to make Payback to out til Summerslam. He has surgery on Thursday so until then anything you hear is probably hearsay.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

keevo posted:

I wish she would learn to do more than the two same moves though.

It works for Orton.

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
So Money in the Bank is probably going to be RVD, Cesaro, Kofi (So he can boom drop TWO people from a top a ladder and end up killing himself but good), Swagger, and that's all I got probably maybe Sandohahahahaaha/

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

Rusev should have a thing where the Titantron stays on the picture of Putin the whole time he is wrestling. Just the benevolent 30-foot head of the neo-tsar always in shot as he wrestles.

Rusev would be cooler if random Russian folk songs by the Red Army Orchestra played during his matches. New Jack ain't got poo poo on that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

MassRafTer posted:

Rusev would be cooler if random Russian folk songs by the Red Army Orchestra played during his matches. New Jack ain't got poo poo on that.

I've got just the one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umEDct4BoGc

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
So long Daniel Bryan you won the world title and then everybody died including yourself.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I would prefer this traditional Russian anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrg0X9H6FGU

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Also they should give HHH the title. Which is something I never thought I'd say in 2014.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just caught the end of Raw, Shield overcoming the influx of heels trying to save Evolution was amazing, goddamn :allears:

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

Korelle posted:

Also they should give HHH the title. Which is something I never thought I'd say in 2014.
Strangely, that was one of my first thoughts as well. But lately, everything HHH touches turns to gold.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

If HHH gives himself the title there's no way he's losing it until Bryan comes back and no way he's losing it to anyone but Bryan. That's too obvious. There needs to be a :russo: in there somewhere.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Discount Trombones posted:

Strangely, that was one of my first thoughts as well. But lately, everything HHH touches turns to gold.

traitors

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Well the one thing Raw did to me is make me hate Paige for winning in literally one move. That is some poo poo Cena would pull, Alicia Fox forever.

Also America is weak and Rusev is strong :colbert:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Evil Canadian posted:

Well the one thing Raw did to me is make me hate Paige for winning in literally one move. That is some poo poo Cena would pull, Alicia Fox forever.

It's not like Cena is the first wrestler to pop up and nail a finisher out of nowhere for a surprise win. In fact a ton of Wrestlers have done that over the years. Including Stone Cold Steve Austin, he who can do no wrong.

He just does it a lot so it's more annoying and noticable.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

Also America is weak and Rusev is strong :colbert:

I don't hate it, you need to not make your champ look weak, so you don't have her lose non-title matches to set up a title match (thank gently caress, as they do this all the drat time for the divas and it's always awful), while making Alicia look strong and make the audience wonder if on another day she might put her away. Obviously you can't do this too often, and the PPV match should definitely be much more back and forth, but I think this way is fine way to build a PPV match between the two and much better than the usual builds for it and we get better wrestling out of it than seeing Alicia kill Aksana or a Bella in a contender match and then some stare offs

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
There is not enough black people for Rusev to fight. He only has Mark Henry next

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

There is not enough black people for Rusev to fight. He only has Mark Henry next

When he's done committing hate crimes in wwe he's gonna go to TNA and beat up MVP, lashley, and Kenny king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Looks more like Jackson from Grand Buffet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMj8u0OSvLA

• Locked thread