Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This is a big blow because they need a strong #2 singles face to headline that tour. Hope they don't pressure him to come back too quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Great White Hope posted:

Here's your reminder that people who complained about Orton/Cena being done to death in 2014, when Sheamus/Bryan was significantly more recent than any Orton/Cena feud, were livid at the idea of Sheamus/Bryan at WM30.

Plus, you know, Sheamus is a babyface, so way to pass that criteria too.

I don't care. Sheamus and Bryan sounds minty fresh compared to Bryan and Kane.

Also: Are you of the opinion that faces shouldn't wrestle each other and feud?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

time to call up sami zayn as the plucky underdog every man imo

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

I don't care. Sheamus and Bryan sounds minty fresh compared to Bryan and Kane.

Also: Are you of the opinion that faces shouldn't wrestle each other and feud?

Faces wrestling and feuding with each other should be a big deal, not a way to waste time until a real match/feud comes along, which is pretty much what Kane/Bryan is.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Great White Hope posted:

Faces wrestling and feuding with each other should be a big deal, not a way to waste time until a real match/feud comes along, which is pretty much what Kane/Bryan is.

I will agree with you there - this feud definitely is a huge waste of time.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I was thinking about it, and does anyone else think they may delay Shield dissension even further with Bryan out? I honestly believe The Shield as a unit might be the most universally over (other than Cena but Cena's constantly mixed) non-Bryan faces on the roster. That crowd sucked last night but went apeshit for the ending and were hot for the opening promo.

I believe Dave said that "break them up" plan has been tabled.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
There's a difference between Sheamus as Bryan's WrestleMania opponent when everyone wanted to see him with the title, and a regular feud with Sheamus. I agree they should turn Sheamus heel for this said, though.

I guess with Bryan's injury this is irrelevant for the moment. :smith:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
So is Rose dead in the water already? I was kind of excited for him to debut just because his NXT character was fun, but crowd reaction to him has been nonexistent.

thehappyprince posted:

Also yes, this. It would be really awesome to see him come right in and restart his feud with heel Cesaro.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i like adam rose as a heel. someone who kidnaps his entourage and forces it to party. they already had an nxt segment setting this up where someone was o his bus, not dancing, and he was all like: "YOU MUST PARTY ALL THE TIME"

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
From last year, it would have been:

Professor Funk posted:

So is Rose Wyatt Family dead in the water already? I was kind of excited for him to debut just because his NXT character was fun, but crowd reaction to him has been nonexistent.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

I will agree with you there - this feud definitely is a huge waste of time.

Well, I said that WWE's current problems is the result of constant gently caress-ups, so nothing I've said has been a defense of WWE so much as a "Well, they made their bed, now they have to try to make the most of it, which isn't much", since if it weren't Bryan in this position, it'd be The Shield, and lots of people were unhappy with The Shield's WM30 spot. They have 5 babyfaces they want to treat as major deals, and only 4 heels, so what they have left is the most sacrificable heel in Kane, and two heels in Cesaro and Barrett that they'd clearly rather build up (for now), and most people will buy into Kane to an extent because 'he's Kane', so that's what Bryan is stuck with.

Edit: And people will care about Adam Rose if they give people an actual reason to care, meaning he needs to go out and, you know, win matches consistently over a long period of time.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 13, 2014

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

From last year, it would have been:

Fair point. I just thought I'd read that folks in the company were down on him already, which I certainly didn't hear after the Wyatts debut.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
As a promotional tie in for Godzilla they should set up a miniature Tokyo in the ring and have Big E and Rusev fight in it.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

thehappyprince posted:

Our only hope

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Solomonic posted:

As a promotional tie in for Godzilla they should set up a miniature Tokyo in the ring and have Big E and Rusev fight in it.

Kaiju Big Battel lawyers are on standby.

Ahahahhah Kaiju Big Battel can't afford lawyers.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

Kaiju Big Battel lawyers are on standby.

Ahahahhah Kaiju Big Battel can't afford lawyers.

Ahem, Dr. Cube will simply summon a giant space demon lawyer. :colbert:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I think the Wyatts are going to be the exception to the rule when it comes to NXT callups. It's really hard for pure gimmick characters to get over like they have in this day and age, which is why I have very little hope for Adam Rose and Rusev.

In general, I think guys/girls whose gimmick is essentially "I'm a bad rear end person who wants to rumble and win belts" are going to have a much easier time connecting with fans. Maybe this is an obvious point, but it seems as though WWE hasn't gotten the point yet.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I think one of the big problems with the lovely Kane feud is that there's absolutely no plan in place for how this whole "Authority" angle ends. Storyline-wise, The Authority lost at Wrestlemania. Triple H got pinned and then his plans to sabotage the main event fell through as well, leading to the B+ player he'd been trying to keep away from the title for months finally capturing it.

The big boss got defeated, now the storyline is just kinda "eh." Stephanie McMahon is mad at Daniel Bryan winning but doesn't want to strip him, so shes uses Kane to terrorize him and his wife. Triple H doesn't even give a poo poo about the guy who beat him at Wrestlemania and got the title, he's too busy losing to The Shield. There's no clear end goal to the story like Daniel's title chase that makes the story propel forward, just people exchanging beatings every other week in anticipation of a PPV no one cares about.

It's the nature of things in wrestling to go on way past their expiration date. Austin/McMahon went on for quite a while and took some crazy turns to keep things fresh, the nWo kept coming back up until the death of WCW. I'd like to see The Authority angle run its course and move on or at least take some crazy Corporate Ministry type turn into the batshit. Anything's better than just shuffling around in place, which is what WWE always does after Wrestlemania and it's just so loving BORING.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

I had to laugh how sympathetic Nattie looked during that whole segment. I felt so bad for her, that was some vintage school yard bullying right there.

The dumb part is that this is probably going to result in a Natalya heel turn.

oatgan posted:

Because I'm pretty sure nobody is biting their nails at home having an identity crisis after Rusev beats up R-Truth. Instead they are probably like "America is great and Russia is dumb go Cowboys"

No see Rusev beat up Zack Ryder and now I'm convinced of Russian superiority and am now a Tsarist. Nicholas II lives!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Great White Hope posted:

Edit: And people will care about Adam Rose if they give people an actual reason to care, meaning he needs to go out and, you know, win matches consistently over a long period of time not be terrible and irritating in every respect.

welp too bad then.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I Before E posted:

welp too bad then.

Well, yes that part tends to help too.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tato posted:

I think one of the big problems with the lovely Kane feud is that there's absolutely no plan in place for how this whole "Authority" angle ends.

Hornswoggle. The answer is always Hornswoggle.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Is Bryan dead yet?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'd mark if Sting came to feud with Kane.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Is Bryan dead yet?

He's a farm.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I hope there's a vignette where Bryan is told how long he has to be out of action and the time is delivered by BNB.

Also, they had to shave his beard for surgery.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

People in the last few pages posting that they want both Cena and Triple H to have the WWE championship again what sort of bizarro PSP has the trauma of losing Daniel Bryan created

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

I believe Dave said that "break them up" plan has been tabled.

:getin:

This softens the blow. :unsmith:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

DeathChicken posted:

He's a farm.
He is made of earth. Corn grows in him.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

People in the last few pages posting that they want both Cena and Triple H to have the WWE championship again what sort of bizarro PSP has the trauma of losing Daniel Bryan created

They finally broke us.

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011
Sorry if I missed it early in this thread but does anyone know what type of neck surgery is Danielson having or is this a work?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
How long do you think they'll give it before taking the belt off him? He's not just going to come back from neck surgery in a couple of weeks or something

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
It's being said that it's a minimally invasive procedure and some initial reports said he might even be back by the PPV in a few weeks.

matrocious posted:

Sorry if I missed it early in this thread but does anyone know what type of neck surgery is Danielson having or is this a work?
Definitely not a work since he's missing the European tour which he was supposed to leave for today.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

It seems like most sites (of varying credibility) are reporting that it's a relatively minor injury. I've seen estimates from 2-3 weeks to 6-8 weeks for recovery time. Given it's a neck injury, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he won't rush his recovery and thus won't be back for Payback. I think he maybe will be back for Money in the Bank and will definitely be back by the time Summerslam rolls around.

So yeah, my impression is that this is certainly not career threatening, but you never know with neck/spine stuff. Him having his title stripped due to his absence sets up a ready made storyline for when he returns though, so I'm not on board with folks worrying about what will happen to his main event status or whatever.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

They finally broke us.

If whoever is using the Banjo gimmick account this week starts hating on John Cena then we'll know how bad it's gotten

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Professor Funk posted:

Him having his title stripped due to his absence sets up a ready made storyline for when he returns though, so I'm not on board with folks worrying about what will happen to his main event status or whatever.

If anything, him taking a month or two off will make him even more over when he comes back. People will be so happy to see him again.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

triplexpac posted:

If anything, him taking a month or two off will make him even more over when he comes back. People will be so happy to see him again.

Yeah exactly, absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I was stuck in interviews all day yesterday so I just got done watching RAW. All I have to say is

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp
I'm pretty sure every member of the IWC will blame the WWE for being a mess a year from now when people can choose to forget that Bryans injury probably hosed up 75% of their plans for the entire roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Psycho Mantits posted:

I realize this is from a page back, but if Wyatt was always destined to job, why even do the loving feud in the first place? Why take a guy who could be a top heel, someone you're ostensibly trying to build up, and feed him to Cena? It's not like the feud has been especially compelling or anything, since the writing has been awful and outside of some drat good promos Wyatt has looked utterly incompetent in every single match. Regardless of how competitive the matches have been, Cena has proven he can fend off the entire Family singlehandedly and has shown he can do so multiple times in multiple different situations. "Looking good in a loss" (which even then I think is a dubious claim when talking about Cena - look how well that worked out for Sandow) is kinda' impossible when you and your stable can't get a single legitimate win over one loving guy.

You know I had about 4 paragraphs of answer and I decided to keep this short and sweet. Because he's the heel, it's the job of the evil heel to lose and if he runs over Cena he's literally got no competition left because he beat the 4 other top faces in the company. He did sort of beat The Shield and Bryan decisively. There's no could about this, Bray is ALREADY a top heel, when he loses the LMS, he will remain a top heel.

EDIT: And Sandow was a loving joke from the moment he got the briefcase, just like basically every other MITB holder, fact was he looked better losing to One-Arm Cena than he had since getting the case, and they did intend to do something with him until they decided to unite the titles for... whatever reason. Fact is they aren't even comparable.

I actually changed my mind, Bray should totally win, so at the next PPV they can have an I quit match and Bray Wyatt has to say "I quit" and utterly kill his character. Even if he won 10 straight matches against Cena, the end result if this keeps going is I quit, and I get giddy now thinking about it. All that suffering...

Onmi fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 13, 2014

• Locked thread