Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RBX posted:

Hey just got off work what did miss- Oh. OHHHH. drat. I'll see you guys in 90 days.

Okay, but you're going to miss Rusev against Erik Rowan and HEY COME BACK HERE WHERE ARE YOU GOING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

D'awww, they look so happy together.

But why is Lana wearing a Magics cap? Is... is she a sleeper agent? :ohdear:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blasmeister posted:

I don't understand the pink inflatables, is it a basketball thing?

They're thundersticks, you bang them together to make a surprising amount of noise.

I assume they're pink for breast cancer awareness.

e:f,b

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tato posted:

I think one of the big problems with the lovely Kane feud is that there's absolutely no plan in place for how this whole "Authority" angle ends.

Hornswoggle. The answer is always Hornswoggle.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

triplexpac posted:

Whether or not Wyatt is the top heel, I am still baffled WWE put him out there to lose against Cena again and it wasn't even the main event of the show.

Can anyone explain how that's a good way to build up the PPV?

Bray didn't lose. Rowan got pinned.

It's kind of like Heath Slater and Anyone Heath Slater Tags With.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

He's got to have dirt on someone in management. He has to.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Holy crap I forgot about that. Minus The Shield the crowd might be a disaster.

BREAKING NEWS: Dean Ambrose injures sleaze gland, will be out 3-6 months

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

NienNunb posted:

Please don't shame a man for his dry muscle technique.

Look at the striation! :vince:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Deadpool posted:

Apparently it happened when Reigns was going for a spear and Orton was going to counter with his snap powerslam that he always does and they just went head first into each other.

Wow. Was it bad positioning or just no one having any loving clue what the spot was?

Normally I'd assume the former, but with the way things have been going lately...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Footage they edited out of Bryan's promo on Monday:

"poo poo's goin' down. Fetch me my fightin' brace."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

At least he's well enough to :smug: for the camera.

Dude's gonna Goldberg himself one of these days. He's getting closer and closer.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Onmi posted:

I'm pretty sure Rusev isn't a protagonist, even in Russia.

Counterpoint:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Writer Cath posted:

Seth clearly has a Cage Dive Punch Card. For every tenth cage dive he performs, he gets a free toaster oven.

"What the hell am I going to do with this garage full of toaster ovens? THEY'RE NOT EVEN GOOD TOASTER OVENS! YOU WEAK PIECE OF TECHNOLOGY, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE"

quote:

Missy... did not age gracefully. :sigh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sportsgenius86 posted:

WWE.com was not able to get an official timetable for Daniel Bryan's return, but can confirm that the WWE World Heavyweight Champion is out of surgery and doing well, with strength already returning to his hands.

Wait wait wait. He didn't have feeling in his hands? :psyduck:

Well poo poo, I'm glad he got the surgery then.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Baby Babbeh posted:

WWE loves for big guys to be slow and boring. Your guess is as good as mine why.

Fun fact: This mindset dates all the way back to Andre. Originally, he could do crazy stuff like throw dropkicks without any issues. (This was back in the beginning of his career.) When he went to the WWWF, Vince Sr. told him to stop doing that poo poo and be a slow, plodding, clobbering big man.

Plus ça change.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 16, 2014

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Also according to Paul Heyman when Brock Lesnar conquered the Undertaker's streak at Wrestlemania.

I've never heard him say that. Where do you get this stuff? :rolleyes:

Shima Honnou posted:

Finally, Brawl For All 2 can happen.

I like the guy, but I would love nothing more for "getting Bart Gunned" to turn into "getting Ruseved."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Shima Honnou posted:

And then it turns out that the when shoot-used the Camel Clutch can actually break back and make humble, when Xavier Woods is sent home in a wheelchair.

I'm more worried about what comes before that. :stonk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Some Other Guy posted:

suplay is fine too although it sounds too much like the food imo

On that note: When I was little and heard Gordon Solie talk about "kudos for the winner" on WCW, I thought he was offering him one of those granola candy bars for doing a good job. :downs:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Wait wait wait wait. Wait.

Wait.

Was that Erik Rowan's finisher? :psyduck:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fatherdog posted:

Rowan's finisher is a running splash, I'm pretty sure.

Well. I had thought that, too, except he's used it as a signature move the last few weeks. Tonight he did some thing where he grabbed John Cena by the face and pushed him over, and both the announcers and the ring psychology was basically like OH MY GOD THAT MOVE DID HE GET CENA?!?!?! and the rest of us were like "What."

I want to believe something was botched, but I just don't see how. It's literally an Iron Claw Push.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Solomonic posted:

Was it at least a claw STO or seriously just a face push? :psyduck:

I think there was supposed to be some sort of STO involved, but he really just kind of pushed him over.

The announcers were selling it like a russian leg sweep, so I'm going to continue to assume it was a botch for my own sanity's sake.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

KungFu Grip posted:

Erick Rowan using THE CLAW? That's very dangerous.

I wouldn't even call it the Claw. It's more like the Claaeeehn.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Should be interesting to see what happens because the two possible outcomes are that they did something illegal or that the company is run by idiots.

This is the WWE and there is absolutely no reason that has to be a binary "or."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gavok posted:

He gave him the headphones and it was some Tori Amos song.

It was "Winter," which is pretty maudlin even by Tori's standards. I assume the part that got him revved up and ready to Cactus Jack all over everything was the final verse with the kickin' fortissimo.

Also, because of that, Foley has hooked up with RAINN and is one of their chief celebrity sponsors. :unsmith: Sometimes things are cool.

(Paging Ozma to the thread)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fatherdog posted:

There was a period where if you pledged like $100 to RAINN he would come and mow your lawn.

I would feel bad about Foley mowing my lawn. That's hard work, and I'm pretty sure every joint in his body hurts every second of every day. :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Cardboard Box posted:

he sure looks a lot less miserable though. it looks like he's actually been sleeping.

I hope Punk never comes back to wrestling. I hope he stays out and marries AJ and settles down and the two maybe have a kid together and lead completely normal if slightly prickish lives where CM Punk is the dad that always tries to be cooler than he is but is otherwise okay.

I also hope the fans never stop chanting "CM Punk" as a reminder to Vince why you don't run poo poo into the ground and let guys have a break every now and then without having to pump themselves full of painkillers.

I want a lot of things, I usually don't get them :smith:

He would then require a crane and an industrial lifting crew to get up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

achillesforever6 posted:

Ha you think Vince would learn a lesson?

Chokes McGee posted:

I want a lot of things, I usually don't get them :smith:

So no :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sportsgenius86 posted:

you used an "r" instead of a "b" there

More bad? That's not proper grammar at all! You are a charlatan, sir! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blasmeister posted:

You're right, that one is the more common setup - couldn't think past his match with Rowan on Smackdown.

Erik Rowan matches have this effect on people.

Because of how good they are! :iamafag:

• Locked thread