Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

is it just me or was wrestling pretty good until Wrestlemania and has pretty much sucked since then

Most of Wrestlemania 30 was trying desperately to salvage things after a long period of screwing up, so it should come as no surprise that with the pressure off WWE is back to doing 'eh whatever'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cena-Wyatt is probably going to be an overbooked shitshow again so at this point, make it a blindfold match a) for maximum comedy and b) to sell it as forcing John Cena to face the darkness.

I just want to see one of those crapfests again.

Can it also be in an electrified cage?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

The RAW the night after WM was cool and exciting and seemed like an interesting new direction.

Now suddenly we have Bryan vs Kane #590, Evolution came back, Rob Van Dam came back, Adam Rose finally showed up and is stuck in a feud with Jack Swagger, the new Divas Champion is midcarding in favor of a spillover storyline from Total Divas etc etc.

The Raw after WM featured a dumb as poo poo Cesaro heel turn less than 24 hours after a face turn, thus somewhat negating winning the biggest non-Bryan match of the biggest show of the year in a way that could very easily be the biggest moment of his WWE career, and a big helping of Evolution in everything but name.

Bryan is feuding with Kane because of said prior to WM30 gently caress-ups leading to there being no heels with any credibility to feud with while Cena needs somebody to feud with, as does The Shield.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I want to live in a world where I'm so deluded that I think a heel staving off an assault from another heel and giving him your finisher, followed by acting very face-ish the rest of the evening is not decisive evidence of becoming a babyface.

Edit: Also Kane has something resembling credibility because it's Kane, and 'being Kane' alone puts him well above every heel that isn't Bray Wyatt or in Evolution.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

I want to live in a world where i'm so deluded I think Kane has credibility, so maybe we can trade for a week?

Alright then.

Who would you choose for Bryan to feud with then? You have to pick a heel, and you can't pick Bray Wyatt or a member of Evolution. Go.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

Sheamus would probably have been my first pick.

Here's your reminder that people who complained about Orton/Cena being done to death in 2014, when Sheamus/Bryan was significantly more recent than any Orton/Cena feud, were livid at the idea of Sheamus/Bryan at WM30.

Plus, you know, Sheamus is a babyface, so way to pass that criteria too.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

I don't care. Sheamus and Bryan sounds minty fresh compared to Bryan and Kane.

Also: Are you of the opinion that faces shouldn't wrestle each other and feud?

Faces wrestling and feuding with each other should be a big deal, not a way to waste time until a real match/feud comes along, which is pretty much what Kane/Bryan is.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

I will agree with you there - this feud definitely is a huge waste of time.

Well, I said that WWE's current problems is the result of constant gently caress-ups, so nothing I've said has been a defense of WWE so much as a "Well, they made their bed, now they have to try to make the most of it, which isn't much", since if it weren't Bryan in this position, it'd be The Shield, and lots of people were unhappy with The Shield's WM30 spot. They have 5 babyfaces they want to treat as major deals, and only 4 heels, so what they have left is the most sacrificable heel in Kane, and two heels in Cesaro and Barrett that they'd clearly rather build up (for now), and most people will buy into Kane to an extent because 'he's Kane', so that's what Bryan is stuck with.

Edit: And people will care about Adam Rose if they give people an actual reason to care, meaning he needs to go out and, you know, win matches consistently over a long period of time.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 13, 2014

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

Kaiju Big Battel lawyers are on standby.

Ahahahhah Kaiju Big Battel can't afford lawyers.

Ahem, Dr. Cube will simply summon a giant space demon lawyer. :colbert:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I Before E posted:

welp too bad then.

Well, yes that part tends to help too.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gatts posted:

Wrestling is better than most "sports" when it fires on all cylinders. The dudes are all athlete performers and a complete package. Any dumbass can get into the best shape and go punch a dude. Who cares. But to craft a story and to make it look good while not actually trying to hit the other guy takes skill brains and control.

Unless you are Ali. He got it. Entertained hyped and backed it all up. He's the protoype.

Wait, what are you saying? That the absolute best of wrestling is better than the bottom of the barrel boxing? Because you need to consider that if WWE were to somehow die tomorrow, the United States' top pro wrestling champion would be Eric Young.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

Arguably that's because of how the WWF/E's operated for the past 30 years.

And? If pro wrestling is "better" because Daniel Bryan is the total package as opposed to a hobo off the street trying to box, then it's only fair to compare Hobo Wrestling to top boxing.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gatts posted:

Im not comparing it to bottom level. Or Bryan to a hobo. I prefer wrestling to MMA and Boxing as example. It doesn't take much to do a full swing to try and hurt another person. It takes a lot more to do pro wrestling well and not expose things and not legit get hurt. I appreciate what they do.

A boxer who can do nothing but flail around throwing punches *is* a bottom barrel boxer.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dexo posted:

There is literally a heel group that gets cheered when they say they need to deport all of the Mexicans and foreigners who are taking our jobs.

Yeah, but I don't think the average goon is a hardcore Republican.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dexo posted:

Your average goon is not your average wrestling fan.

The biggest fans of Zeb and the former Real Americans are the goony types though.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ahem, I said boxing, not mixing marital arts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Has WWE ever had a quality comedy match? An actual comedy match, not just a normal match played for laughs because it had El Torito or The Hurricane in it.

I don't recall any full matches, but Saturday Morning Slam had great comedy spots in good matches pretty regularly.

• Locked thread