Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tatrakrad
May 14, 2007

I cited my sources and all he said was, "owned owned owned owned owned"
My X-52 is dead (Rest in Piss) and I want to do planes. Will this terrible (but functioning) Thrustmaster hotas x be workable at any of the DCS modules?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatrakrad
May 14, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

It looks like Saitek is releasing a new model, the x-55

This comes out fairly soon so I'll limit myself to the FC3 style planes until then. My level of skill probably makes that a necessity for Multi anyhow. There's still the question of head tracking but maybe free track noir will reveal its secrets to me

Tatrakrad
May 14, 2007

Jarmak posted:

I have the CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals and can vouch for the excellent build quality. Moved from the Logitech Extreme 3d pro and it was night and day.

Also don't be like me and put off buying it forever because the stick isn't twisty so you think you need to save up enough to get all three at the same time. Throttle has a small thumb-placed joystick which works great for rudder, and if you want to go stick+pedals the stick has a throttle wheel (I'd recommend the stick+throttle if you're only getting two though).

I hope you're serious about that thumb-joystick. My desire not to buy pedals is whats kept me away from CH thus far.

"Hey Tatra nice place you got here, hey whats that under your desk?"
"Not a toy for manchildren thats what its not"

Tatrakrad
May 14, 2007

I like the Huey because I can bind its controls without losing my mind.

Has anybody tried the X-65? I want to see if the X-55 is any good but who knows maybe they are both the worst.

Tatrakrad
May 14, 2007

If DCS got a good multi-platform-megacampaign of Dynamics plus a fully modeled multi-role aircraft (not the fish) things could be different. Things could be beautiful. Feel the warmth of piss down your leg, the chew of macaroni and wasp eggs, the frothy crema of chimp jizz and so on and so forth.

Unrelated trip report: Do not play Strike Fighters 2. Do not play it with NF5. (11gb!) Even if SF2 has Chundercheifs (thuds?) and NF5 has TU-4s with anti shipping cruise missiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatrakrad
May 14, 2007

I tried BMS singleplayer today and after an hour or so managed to fly a few campaign missions thanks in no small part to the Ladybird key file.

I failed all of them. Sometimes a target will let you know you got a "buddy spike", other times you HARM missile a friendly SAM. Most times I just ran out of gas trying to acquire a ground target and not "reaching the area" or something.

3/5