Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I play in the 104th as Octochin. I stick to the 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Sauer posted:

Pure dumb luck. I just sprayed in his general direction and damaged a wing enough that he crashed a few minutes later.

A good mission.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
It's ACEGoons or nothing for me.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Sauer can shoot 15s down with his cannons in one. Watch out.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Sauer posted:

That app probably won't work in any version of windows past XP.

Changing a keyfile for a different device order only involves adding or subtracting 32 from the appropriate button entries in the keyfile. If the one you're using is properly sectioned into categories it rather easy to do. If the keyfile assumes your throttle is the second game controller plugged in but its actually third on your PC (Open the game controllers interface in the windows control panel and count from the top) the you add 32 to each button ID for the throttle in the keyfile.

If the file isn't nicely categorised and annotated then RIP. Control configuration is still the most archaic part of BMS and I can't believe that refactoring it isn't high on their list of stuff to do. Input peripherals are kind of a big deal in flight sims.

There's a PDF in the docs folder that explains in detail just how keyfiles work and provides everything you need to roll your own if you want to dig deep. Knowing the guts of keyfile let's you do neat stuff like turning two way switches into three way and making the toggle switches on the TM Warthog actually behave like ON/OFF goggle switches.

Guys, just get Sauer to make you a key file like I did. Easiest way.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
You suck.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
He's talking about fine movement, not wobbling it all over the place. And I agree with him. Try moving it as little as possible and you can feel a little stickiness. Doesn't bother me though.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I made a video to help!

http://youtu.be/W3x0LFIhJnI

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I done told you they rarely bark.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I love the 50. Sure. Been a little bit but I'm sure I can remember how to get shot down.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
[Insert mother on prom night joke here]

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
An excellent taxi job.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I've been flying on blueflag for the past two days. I die a lot.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
That's the joy of the Huey. I never see death coming.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I will get the Gazelle for the multi-crew.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Am I the only blue guy who doesn't give a single poo poo if I get shot down?

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
A good night.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Yeah, all of my messages on discord today were sent from work. Useful in that manner.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
E: double post with an app crash. Good app.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Yes

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Gonna double post to give the run-down.

All in all the multicrew works well. The pilot flies, the copilot kills things. Haven't had a problem with that at all. There are, however, syncing issues.

If the copilot slots in first and gets in the helo before the pilot there is a good chance you will start without a tail rotor. I've noticed when I'm the copilot and I slot in first sometimes when I get in the helicopter is, for some reason, powering down instead of just plain being off. This causes the rotors to not spin for the copilot on startup even though the pilot says they are spinning. Best to just jump in another helo with the pilot getting in first.

Let the pilot call the ground crew to rearm. As the weapons guy, I called in for arming when we first started up. I saw us with 4 HOTs but it turns out Burno (the pilot) didn't see any and in fact we had none which is why I couldn't fire when we got to the target area. So again, let the pilot call for poo poo.

Syncing of instruments can be wonky. Sometimes the copilot will see everything correctly but most of the time you'll glance over and notice you're pilot is taking you in the completely wrong direction (but he's really going the right way). Same with RWR. The copilot can sometimes see some stuff on it but the pilot sees everything on it. So trust what the pilot sees. I guess the lesson learned is whatever the pilot sees is reality.

The copilot is responsible for the HOTs and radios. That's it. You can try to switch other things on and off and gently caress with the pilot but it won't let you. Same goes for the pilot trying to gently caress with poo poo designated for the copilot. The game's way of making sure you don't troll the ever loving poo poo out of the other person I guess.

Speaking of trolls, there is no confirmation for a copilot. Anyone with the gaz can jump into your copilot slot. Keep that master arm off until the target area to make sure some jackass doesn't just hop in mid-flight, fire what little HOTs you have, and then bail. Hasn't happened to me yet but that sure seems like a thing.

Only use the SA342M for multicrew. The L and Mistral versions have the weapons controlled by the pilot and the pilot alone. Copilot won't have much fun just looking at a useless TV (no IR camera on the L or Mistral so not even good for scouting).

Autohover requires the pilot to control the collective and rudder pedals until you slave it over to the camera. After that, pilot is only responsible for up and down. It's a little different than when doing poo poo single player.

All in all it's a pretty good start for multicrew. What REALLY needs to work works. Burno and I spent 3 hours last night taking turns in each slot. Aside from the janky-rear end-poo poo when first slotting in, it works well. Remember pilot first, copilot second.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Hey, no harm in trying. Just keep them at harms length.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
So, here is the brand new Gazelle Mistral version in action. Bigger isn't always better.

https://youtu.be/1xXXBRyJxE8

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I often get dead when I try to fly, too.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
What's the point of having an ambidextrous joystick if the throttle isn't?

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
It was posted in discord.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I only have the 39 and I enjoy the heck out of it.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Recoome posted:

please don't fly/buy trainer aircraft in a ~video game~

actually buy a good aircraft like the MiG-21, M-2000, or the A-10C

Eh, it depends on what you do. I got the 39 so I could scout and call in bombers on blueflag and it's p dang fun.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Yeah that's why he said plane and not SAM.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
They fixed the grass for the most part. Ask me how I know.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Yesterday I went in the grass in both the a10 and 39 and didn't get stuck.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Yeah no poo poo. Pretty sure everyone said not to join.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I own at the hip. It's pretty easy to fly as long as you're not loving poo poo up.

E: here is a video of the great texture quality

https://youtu.be/LtbDETWwsTM

PenisMonkey fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 4, 2017

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Full model sim pit.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Just get a big house and put a sim pit in each room.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
https://discord.gg/C3psJKp

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
That’s a bit early for me

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Vahakyla posted:

Server will have Su25s, Su27s, F15s, Free mustangs, Mig21s, Gazelles and Hueys, Mirages, F5s, and Harriers. I’ll fire it up in a bit over an hour.

Discord here: https://discord.gg/9acjCJ

The discord link has expired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Two planes I don’t fly.