Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meltdown321
Jun 5, 2004

A Great Supporter of Mounty Bob
I'd appreciate it if anyone could recommend a decent video tutorial for these or tutorial series, preferably. There was a stage where I could fly the Su-25T fairly well but like a sieve, it's all gone now.
I can't stand the in-game tutorials, i'd rather watch one one monitor whilst i practice on another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meltdown321
Jun 5, 2004

Thief posted:

I mean, its literally like 3 button combos to start the engine and then you just throttle up, though I do recall a good YouTube tutorial series that involved explaining the instruments and how to use taxi lights/radio take off requests and other stuff you don't actually need. I'll search for it.

Nice, thanks. Yeah, i can get the thing airborne and everything but I lack the knowledge on the finer aspects of the instrumentation so those vids are pretty handy. I had found that guy when I searched but you're never quite sure if these things are a waste of time, managed to take it off and land pretty well so far and learned a few things about the plane too, so thanks for that.

mlmp08 posted:

Oh. They're very clear/concise, except that they look like cutscenes from old LucasArts games for reasons I can't begin to understand.

Yeah, i've used them but i learn and remember better when I'm practising what I'm told. I have a two monitor set up so a video running concurrent to my flight really helps. Thanks for the link though, looks like a good quick look-up page.
Should these be added to the OP for anyone else looking for this stuff?

Meltdown321
Jun 5, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

Me and burno flying Falcon BMS right now.

Basically DCS F16 for those out of the loop.

Tune in on my stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/kalleerikvahakyla/

One of you is fine because the music attenuates when you speak, the other guy is very quiet.