Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Vahakyla posted:

UH-1H Huey,

this classic helicopter is for you if you hate yourself are a badass :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Shine posted:

Anybody have tips to make this game run better without killing all the graphics settings, or is this a case of "old engine just runs lovely now, welp"?

go to your game directory/Bazar/Effects/PFX/high/ and rename or delete ground1 and ground2.

This helped me alot with framedrops in ground attack planes and helos when there are a lot of explosions and smoke on screen. If it doesnt help enough you can also try renaming/deleting ground1 and ground2 in .../PFX/medium.

Visual impact seems minimal.

Mike-o posted:

Speaking of graphics, I always see people play with the mirrors off. Do they do that to increase performance or what?

Yes. PiP is a performance hog in this game. I also never encountered a situation where mirrors would have helped/saved me, but that might just be me being a bad pilot :)

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 15, 2014

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Shine posted:

I will beat the poo poo out your rear end, Charles.

Does the multiplayer support co-op in a single aircraft? Like, for attack choppers and such with both pilot and gunner, can you do that together? I think Longbow 2 had that decades ago and I always wanted to try it.

Last I heard there were plans to make this possible in the Huey, but I'm not sure if there have been any updates on that.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Wh1plash posted:

Awesome. Su-25T races would be comedy gold, especially with heavy loadouts

heavy load huey races, through high altitude mountain passes :getin:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Lee Outrageous posted:

I had to switch back to mouselook becuase the head tracking setup I have was giving me none stop trouble. But now I have another problem! Mouse look is not working! I turned off all the settings in the advanced page to get it back to normal and it does not work, even setting the view key mappings doesn't work anymore.

Try pressing alt+c while in a plane/heli. That's the shortcut to enable/disable clickable cockpit/freeview iirc. Other than that, go to the "General" tab in control options, click "axis assign" and make sure mouse x/y are set to control view.

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jul 22, 2014

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Lee Outrageous posted:

Sorry I forgot to mention its for BMS. Alt-c is mouselook in DCS right?

Yes. Thought you were talking about DCS :downs:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Dandywalken posted:

Moving landings with the Huey are the greatest thing too, for drops in hot areas.

theyre also great for running over enemy infantry after youve run out of ammo :getin:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Hadlock posted:

Can I download DCS World from their site and manage my DCS-purchased stuff and my Steam-purchased stuff from that copy of DCS World? I just want it all in one place.

It might work this way. It definitely doesn't work the other way round (using keys purchased on digitalcombatsimulator.com to activate on steam). If you want to be safe, I'd buy from their site exclusively (especially if you're not american, since their site will let you pay in USD, which for me is quite a bit cheaper than paying in €)

Also, reminder for anyone that bought the UH1H when it was in early beta - I don't remember the exact circumstances, but because they had some problems with the beta, DCS mailed out 70% off rebate codes which apply to ANY DCS module (even 3rd party ones) to everyone that got the module back then. Check your mails if you haven't done so yet to use the code in conjunction with the currrent sale.

I used that code to get the F86 for ~ :10bux: and it owns :D

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvq6v9YW854

Some nice footage of DCS MIG-21, demonstrating its uses and quirks. I can't wait :)

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 7, 2014

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Shanakin posted:

It basically works like a late WW2 sight. Set the wingspan of the target, set the desired engagement range. When this is done, the pipper will just touch the ends of the wings of the desired wingspan at the set range. So just line it up like that and fire.

If you're firing outside of those parameters, you will have to adjust for lead, bullet drop, range etc yourself. So uhhh get some practice at deflection shooting I guess. I think you can have the radar automatically input the range on the fly or something too but the actual aiming is still the same.

or you use the radar and wont need to worry about wingspans :) when the light is red, put the dot on target and pull the trigger. adjust radar range knob if needed to reduce ground clutter (indicated by the radar lock light blinking like crazy)

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 19, 2014

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
I just tried the Mig21 for the first time. Not only did I whack my tail on the ground hard while taking off, causing me to bounce twice before finally lifting off properly, I also got the Raise Gear lever mixed up with the "make my canopy disappear" lever, and hit the ground shortly after that because I was laughing so hard. I think I'm in love :D

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
yeah, that was a little bit too close for comfort :v:

its always nice to hear ALMAZ warning you of an attack after you hear the sonic boom of the first missile missing you by like 2m.

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 30, 2014

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
that's an ATGM, do they use proximity fuses?

also, after flying the huey for so long, i always forget to raise my landing gear :v:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Vahakyla posted:

What's your trouble here? Could you be more specific?

The trouble with Falcon is mostly that the controls setup menu is an even bigger piece of poo poo than the one in DCS. Especially with the way it recognizes connected devices. Plug your stick in a different USB port? Welp, no flying for you.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

jadebullet posted:

There is an AWACS you can call. I haven't fully figured out everything with what it is saying back to me yet, but it gives you a heading and altitude at least. Unfortunately it also gets overloaded as your fellow flights report in contacts while the AWACS is also doing its things.

Unfortunately I have to be a scrub and fly with labels on because my monitor isn't the biggest so I can't see poo poo without them. It takes the fun out of IFF though.

I should have realized that I had to hold down the countermeasures button. Thanks for the tip about that. Also how do I drop the centerline tank? I found the button to drop the wing tanks, but not the centerline.

if you want "labels" without making IFF too easy, theres a label mod on the official dcs page in the download section. It turns the labels into black / grey dots. Also helps with the subpar scaling in DCS. pretty much a must-have mod imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

jadebullet posted:

That's what I do as well, but it doesn't seem to zoom in as far as I see in videos.

You need to adjust your TrackIR response curves on that axis. Personally I prefer using an analog wheel on my throttle for zoom though.