Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.
Is there ever any hope of a large dynamic campaign being created for DCS, or is it like an impossibility due to engine limitations or something?...

It just feels like it's been so gimped... like the aircraft are incredible, and there's nothing meaningful to do with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

All right, as long as it starts on time I'll be able to do it just fine.

I took the TF-51 out for my first hot start. I was doing really well until I hit the brakes too hard while turning onto the runway and tipped over.

I have wheel brakes assigned to an axis on my throttle stick... I learned to make sure it isn't fully engaged on landing.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006

Vahakyla posted:

I just want to have a general idea of how many people are gonna show up, so if you think you might, it'd be appreciated if you throw your own name into this doc at a right spot. This is not binding or anything like that, I just wanna kind of know if I should reduce some planes or add others, since they have some what of a purpose each. That way I can somehwat estimate the amount of partakers.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10FaWRs5YFDR1xt__0273Pz3THN10gDoJEQHYzQpYAFA/edit?usp=sharing

I can't this week for sure, but would definitely love to going forward...

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
How long do these events usually last?

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006

Vahakyla posted:

I SWEAR THIS TIME IT IS BETTER

Also, you aren't committing to anyone or to anything. If you gotta bounce earlier, it's cool.

I'd probably only be able to show up around an hour late at the earliest, so wasn't sure if there'd still be some action.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006

TheMirage posted:

Now playing on an Air Goons mission server near you!

How do I connect to the goon server? I don't see it in the public list.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
I'm having a wierd issue when I try to arm my su27... I leave the engine off, canopy open, press alt+' and select the load-out. The ground crew tells me when it finishes fueling, then it adds the ecm to both wings, two missiles, but then the remaining 6 are not attached, and the ground crew tells me it's done... this happened when I reloaded the aircraft as well. It shows there was over 990 available...

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
I feel like I'm done with DCS... every time I put the effort in to actually doing something it just screws me. Either online server crashing, or as in the case of tonight, I finally managed to complete a long single player mission basically perfectly (minor miracle for me) and then for some reason when it came time for landing the aircraft just sunk through the terrain. gently caress this 'sim'.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
I was playing the F15 campaign and my AI wingman called out a missile launch and to go defensive. As I do that I look over my shoulder and notice a blue label AIM-120...

I guess... thanks for letting me know you are shooting at me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006

Vahakyla posted:

In two hours Heatblur will premier (probably not release but preorders) their F-4E Phantom for DCS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO9mDV7ZkVk

I've been happy just futzing with Flaming Cliffs 3 content through my winter months up till this point... I think this is finally going to make me take the full study sim plunge.