Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Aw, crown of the lich king is a pre-written adventure? Immersion destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Doublehex posted:

Nope! I just took the idea from the campaign to jumpstart my creative thinking process. The only similarities we share is the plot MaCguffin.

In other news, I have a question. I have a site I created for my campaign group, but I also post up custom monsters and classes there, as well as my own John Wickian interpretation of the Races, Icons, and a whole bunch of other Dragon Empire stuff. Is it okay for me to post it here for you guys' convenience?

Yay!

I'm hardly an expert but you've done some fun things with the lore so I say post em.

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 14, 2014

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
So I am having a hell of a time playing a Paladin in a friends campaign, and I wanted to ask something - he mentioned there was some talk of the paladin being underpowered. Is this true? Because honestly I've been hitting harder than anyone and more consistently not getting horribly hurt, too. Rarely having more than one combat a session tends to make things a bit unbalanced - should we keep track of in-game days instead for the purposes of 'Smite Evil' uses?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

The short answer to the above question is yes, the long answer is "Yes, to a varying definition of the word days." The wording is confusing, but a day of fighting does not refer to a day in game time, it refers to a period in which four encounters occur, and all of the classes are balanced around this numbers wise. If you shorten it by more than a battle or so, the classes with limited abilites where resource management is supposed to be key will become obscenely more powerful. The paladin is one of the classes where this applies to dealing damage, because it's not intended to deal damage, it's intended to take damage meant for others.

The problem with the paladin is that a fighter can do this just as well with the right talent and maneuver choices, while being a more reliable damage dealer and just generally being more fun to play due to having way more options and possibilities of things to do. The Ranger has the same lack of options problem as the paladin, but at least dishes out tons of damage, so is never really called underpowered.

Hmm! Interesting. I'll have to bring this up with my GM. Do you have any reccomendations for a class that would be more fun to play as but feel like the paladin? The chosen holy warrior aspect is pretty crucial to my character, so something like that would be great. Something more tactically tanky would be cool, although something more like a damage-dealing healer would be sweet as well.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Where can I find the stalwart?