Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
There was a really active community around this game. There was a lot of modding going on, involving adding new meshes and skins, and adding various visual effects to existing meshes. One of my favorite sites was a fanfiction site with tons of stories set in various eras and really expanding on the universe. Sadly that site died out with a lot of really good storylines left hanging in the breeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

The biggest problem I had with the sequel was the mission one bug, where the screen was completely black save for some pointer arrows. It stemmed from a visual effect that was supposed to be present throughout the mission, but it just screwed a lot of graphics systems up. I only ever managed to get that bug to go away once, but after that, nothing I knew of would fix it. I'm not sure that bug was ever fixed. Made getting through the first mission impossible.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

This is apparently one of those games like Mechwarrior 3, it's an awesome game worth LP'ing, but it doesn't like modern systems AT ALL.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Most attributes are passive bonuses like extra resistances or revives. Some characters can pick up attributes that can almost completely change their gameplay, like unlocking new movement modes. There's a couple characters we'll meet later on that will really benefit from going that deep into their attribute list, even though that gets expensive really fast.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

Okay, so I feel I need to ask here: in either this or the next mission (maybe two, I don't remember the pacing), one of the civilians will tell you about an experience canister hidden in a trashcan. I remember taking hours of going through the map with a fine teethed comb to no avail - has anyone actually managed to find the thing or did the devs just forget to put it in?

I also maintain that "running dogs" is one of the best insults ever voiced.

I have found it, it took me awhile though. I believe it is close to the civvie's position, I can't be sure. Been a long time since I've played this.

• Locked thread