Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Loran

The first thing Loran did was finally get that arrow out of her, it was a bit difficult but the first thing any magician learned before even touching healing magic was how to heal themselves, using a small knife she dug it out, before using a simple spell to heal it over, the spell taking the form of a whistle. The spell wafted through the air, providing a lesser effect to those who heard it.

Use two Surges to have 7/9 left, get back to 61 HP. All allies gain +5 to healing surge usage due to Song of Rest.

Once she was patched up, she looked up and winced a little at Sergio's treatment... enemies or not, they were still the dead. It wasn't proper to disrespect the dead like that, especially since they had already been disrespected once already. Still, her rebuke stopped at her tongue.

"Err, Mr. Klobbe... I do not believe that any of them had it. And if they did you probably destroyed it in your... zeal..." Oops, she just couldn't help but offer a small criticism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Sergio

He snorts! "Witches buy this stuff at a good clip, kid. And I'd have seen the glint of that gold if they had it!" He exhales. "I guess the thief is out there."

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Loran

"Well, of course he is." Loran said, rolling her shoulders and checking if the healing took. "However, I have little doubt he knows we're here too."

"If you'll recall, we was told the thief was around human sized, accompanied by some 'skeletal halfling-sized creatures.'" She gestured towards one of the shattered remains of a Witherling. "And, well, I think these Witherlings fit the description well, wouldn't you say?" At this sentence she glanced around at the others.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Kranne

Kranne grimaces as she feels the adrenaline rush start to fade and a dozen cuts and bruises make themselves known. At the same time, the innumerable arrows peppering the battlefield and the corpses begin to fade, dissolving away until there is nothing left but a faint haze of green smoke. "Well fought. We'll take a few minutes to rest, but nothing more. Loran is right; there's at least one of these things we can't account for, and if they're his scouts then he knows where we are. This ambush confirms it. We have to keep moving before he delays us with more of this chaff." She grips her chin and firmly cracks her neck before sitting down and starting to tease the gnoll's arrow from her pauldron.

Spending one surge to restore to max, 57/57 HP. 4 surges remaining. Lose all Darkspiral Aura points.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Ledran 'the Green'

As the others talked strategy and patched themselves up, Ledran sat on the ground and stayed silent. that had been...a tough fight to say the least. With practised ease Ledran's vines burrowed into the ground below him, until he was rooted right in place. The voices of the others fell away, and all that Ledran could hear was the sounds of the jungle. With some effort Ledran drew some of the nutrients in the ground out and into his body, healing the scarred branches and vines of his body.

Coming back into the conversation, he caught the last part of Kranne's speech as he rose.

"Kranne's right. A few gnolls is usually a sign that a lot more are lurking around, undead or not. Speed is the key, we should move out as fast as possible."

Three surges to put myself at max, leaving with with 6.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adeya

Just as Ledran, Adeya turns herself a little away from the group, letting the chill of her spirit friend spread through her and invigorate her. With the slightest shiver and a sigh, she turns back to the group. "Onwards, then. This time...Sergio, if you would join me up front along with Ledran? I have no taste for taking the brunt of an ambush again."

Three surges for max, 3 left.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Loran

Loran approached Ledran, "Um, pardon me." She said to him, "There's something I need to ask of you."

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Ledran 'the Green'

If Ledran still had eyebrows, here is where he would have raised them.

"If it is about how I am what I am, I'll not be able to tell you much. What is it?"

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Loran

"Well, you see... I do not know how I should address you. "Mr" and "Ms" don't quite work... as I understand it plants don't have gender in the way elves, humans, and so on do... is there some title plant people use? You will have to forgive me I've never met a plant person before."

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Ledran 'the Green'

That was an...unexpected question. Ledran had not gone out of his way to explain himself to Loran or anyone else, so it was not totally uncalled for.

"Before I was a 'plant', I was a man, so Mr. would be correct I suppose. Most people call me an it these days, I've not thought about it in sometime. I would prefer you call me just Ledran though, it is my name after all."

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Loran

"I see, I see." Loran nodded in understanding, so this was not his original form. It would be rude to pry about how he had gotten in such a condition, so she did not ask. "Very well then, Ledran, let us dispense with the formalities in that case. We have a vile thieving necromancer to catch, after all!"

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 17, 2014

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Sergio

Sergio dumps out his pipe and pockets it. He then hops to his feet, slaps his belly and gives Adeya a crude grin and wink. "I'll show you how a man does it, doll-face! Lets a-go!" Spear resting on his shoulder he leads the way along the most default path available. Anything else would require thought.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

You continue on. It's not too long before you come along some ruins. Based on the steep ziggurat steps, Sergio figures the place for an ancient temple*. You feel somewhat of a sense of trepidation as you approach - the steps hardly look like they were easy even when they were in good condition. Now, half are washed away and the rest have been taken over by jungle overgrowth. Unfortunately, they remain the best way to proceed - so proceed you do. You clamber hand over hand up the steps, grasping at the branches crisscrossing the stone when you can. Unfortunately, some of the branches have a little more give than expected, and Loran takes a fall**. She bounces her face off the stone and nearly flies all the way down to the ground before managing to catch herself. Nonetheless, with a bit of perseverence, everyone makes it to the top.

Once you enter the temple proper, you see plenty of signs that someone has been here before you. Sticks and other implements are jammed into places that, upon close inspection, you can tell are openings for some sort of trap. The occasional witherling body lies on the floor, sliced in half by a blade or peppered with thin spikes. You press on. A short time later, you find yourselves in a circular room. Sunlight beams down through a wide opening in the roof, allowing you to see easily even without a torch. The walls here are decorated all around with elaborate friezes. It's a lot to take in at once - rows upon rows of people fighting monsters, talking, bowing before kings, fighting each other, praising the gods and so on. After a bit of examination, Kranne recognizes some of the figures. She puts together that these walls depict the story of the hero Arham, a king who ruled the region of Muat long before even the Shurah empire. Distraught over the death of his queen Narua, Arham swore to retrieve her soul from the underworld. He tricked Ekun into opening the passage between the Earth and the Underworld for him, fought his way through legions of demons, and eventually found Narua. Together, the two made their way back to the land of the living. As Kranne tells the tale, Loran interrupts*** to mention that in these stories, arcane magic is supposed to have originated from the underworld. Narua learned much during her considerable time spent there, and according to the story, was the first one to bring magic to the mortal realm.

As you discuss the story and the purpose of this temple, Adeya notices three witherlings on the roof, creeping up to the opening above you. Each is carrying a clay jar at least as big as itself. As soon as she calls them to your attention, the witherlings push the jars over the edge. They fall and shatter on the floor, releasing a swarm of spiders like you've never seen. They blanket the floor, turning it from the colour of sun-beaten sand into a writhing, skittering black wave coming directly for you.

The spiders are between you and the exit. You don't see any obvious trap-disarmament in the hallway leading further into the ruin. How do you proceed?

*Dungeoneering: 1d20+11 = 21
**Athletics: 1d20+8 = 14. Loran loses 1 healing surge.
***History: 1d20+19 = 33

Wol fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 18, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adeya

"Sergio! Lead the way." Adeya gestures frantically as she takes a step back, looking at the spider. There's a chance she could freeze them over, and already a cold mist forms around her hands. "Kranne, go with him, you know these old places better than any of us! Move!" The temporary panic settles down a little bit, but the mountain girl is still trying to identify the threat ahead of her, judging the possibility that she might stem it.

Nature at d20+14=17. Alternatively; can I use a power against these chumps or are they frost-resistant spiders somehow?

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Adeya is sure she could freeze the spiders. However, something about them - perhaps the purpose with whiich they move, perhaps their bright green eyes - makes her hesitant to call them natural creatures.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adeya

The others become but an afterthought to Adeya as her breath begins to turn to vapor and her hands glaze over with a thin layer of rime. The spiders draw closer, and she raises her hands up. They draw closer, and her hands become fists. The vanguard of the spider-carpet suddenly freezes over as icy patches form all around, even under the jungle sun. Then reality sets in and her collateral frost disappears. "It's done. Now move!"

Enlarged Icy Terrain at d20+13=27. The nearest 5x5 zone of spiders is knocked prone, and the area is difficult terrain UEOMNT, however long that is out of combat. Damage to said spiders is (d6-2)+9=11

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
That'll buy the group enough time for everyone to make one time-consuming check at some point without being overwhelmed by spiders.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Loran

"Jacob."

At Loran's command the shadow manifested, rising up from the ground, taking the form of a vaguely human shape of flame and smoke. "Yes, my lady?"

"We must proceed, I want you to be on the look out for any traps and warn us of them."

"Of course Lady Loran, I will do my best to keep you from harm." With those words he flew into the hall way. Loran followed a moment later, taking care to listen to any warnings he could provide.

I summon my Familar and send him down the hall ahead of me. With him I make a perception check to spot any traps.
Perception Check: Result - 22

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 18, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
With the party following cautiously behind, Jacob speeds ahead to check for traps. He doesn't find any. He does report back that the hallway branches into two paths at the end. One way has an open door leading into a room with an undead gnoll slumped against the far wall. The other way has a closed door. Five stones jut out of the door that look like they can be pulled downward. Above is a carving of a demonic face with light glowing out of its eyes, nostrils and mouth.

Wol fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 18, 2014

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Ledran 'the Green'

Neither of these look like a good option. Spiders behind, trouble ahead for certain. Stepping gingerly towards the doorway Ledran begins to inspect the stones that must make up its control mechanism.

"I have a feeling we are supposed to be funneled into that other room. If we can get into this one quickly, I suggest we do so."

This was not the first ruin Ledran had found locked doors in, but having vines for hands made it much easier to break into than before. Locks did not fare well when he could worm his tendrils inside them and pull them apart.

Thievery: 1d20+13 30

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Ledran rushes to the door and quickly finds out that each lever, when pulled, switches some of the lights between on and off. He easily finds the solution that turns all the lights off. The door grinds open to reveal a dank, musty, cobweb-filled circular room littered with dusty urns. There is no other exit that you can see. A single large urn stands in the centre of the room. A mural wraps around the wall, depicting Arham struggling with an immense demonic maw. Loran recalls* that in the ancient stories, the final step of one's journey to the underworld was represented by an immense maw that swallowed the newly-dead soul. Arham was able to cross this threshold without being devoured by cutting off his own hand and throwing it in, thus fooling the maw into thinking it had already eaten him by the time he jumped through.

It's then that you notice a forest of spikes slowly descending from the ceiling. The room does not prevent you from leaving - but the still-encroaching spiders might.

*History: 1d20+19 = 33

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adeya

Throwing one glance at the spikes, Adeya quickly moves forward to inspect the urn. Perhaps there was a way for them to pass this trial without losing a hand. Almost as quickly she withdraws again, overcome by the stench of rot and dried blood from the urn. "Oh, Voice preserve." Retching a little, she steps back. "Any ideas?"

24 passive perception.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 18, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Adeya sticks her face into the urn and is met with the mingled smell of dust and dried blood.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Sergio

Sergio has been following along with the group at a casual, almost relaxed pace. Ah, some old ruins, he observes quietly. Well duh, if they were new ruins some idiot would live here and be spending their fabulous ancient wealth. That'd make it significantly harder for Sergio to steal. You had to learn to watch out for the old ruins because old means abandoned and abandoned means benefit of the doubt under the law.

There were some more gnolls, I guess. Sergio doesn't really care. He scratches his belly and watches the spiders approach, everybody panic, some trap spotting, some trap tripping, some lever pulling, a puzzle? Sergio's eyes glaze over and he thinks to the only blip of interest his mind has had since they got in here: if he had a torch and some lantern oil, he could've lit all those spiders on fire. It would've been fun. But when he had spent some of his coin in town on a one-of-a-kind Adventurer's Kit, he now realized he had been swindled! You can't light things on fire with Sunrods! And there was hardly even anything flammable in the kit at all!

Sergio was now so mad he could barely contain himself! As soon as Adeya goes off on something about the smell of blood Sergio charges ahead and seizes the urn! He props himself up and holds his hand over it, then jabs the tip of his spear into his own palm! "Argh!" He bleeds a pretty significant amount of his own blood into the urn, then slam-dunks the pouch with the gnoll bonemeal into it.

Donating a Surge to the Urn, dropping to 10/13 Surges.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
When Sergio spills his blood, the spikes slowly retreat back into the ceiling. As soon as they vanish completely, you hear a click and the room starts to rotate. The doorway vanishes and the threat of spiders along with it as the room turns. Only a few of the arachnids get in - and you easily stamp them out. Unfortunately, when you do, they explode into a spray of acid. Those of you without magic footwear might need new boots after this is over.

Soon enough, the spinning room reveals a new exit - but instead of grinding to a halt like you thought, it keeps going. You rush out into the new hallway before it vanishes and you have to sacrifice again. Sergio has a bit of trouble fitting through the closing gap* but you (literally) pull him through. Once on the other side, you hear a voice up ahead. A markedly non-undead voice at that. It seems someone else took notice of the room's loud grinding. You hear a multitude of footsteps heading toward you. You could wait for them and set up an ambush in this hallway, or rush to meet them somewhere with more room to move.

*Acrobatics: 1d20+3 = 12. Sergio loses 1 healing surge.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Sergio

9/13 Surges

EVEN MADDER NOW, Sergio roars and charges out to be the first man on point!

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adeya

She stretches out her hand and opens her mouth as if to stop Sergio, but he's already off. Adeya sighs, shaking her head. "Save me from the bull-headedness of dwarves." Then she moves forward too, following at a safe distance, certainly not intending to be on the frontlines again.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Loran

"But-" Loran sighed, "Fine. I guess there might not be much negotiation with such a criminal." With nod towards Jacob, the spirit melted into the shadows again.

She then followed along, making sure to keep her distance from whatever trouble Sergio was about to attract.

I dismiss my Familiar.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Kranne

"Forward! We'll meet them in the open. They know the layout of this place. Staying in a chokepoint only grants them the advantage." Kranne is close on Sergio's heels as they charge forward to meet the oncoming threat.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Ledran 'the Green'

"Let's hope that is the thief up ahead. This place looks like it would be trouble even without him lurking inside, less time in here the better."

Ledran does not rush to keep up with Sergio, he can deal with trouble up front. It may look like they are safe from behind, but these places have a ways of letting things sneak up on you. Always good to have a rear guard.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Sergio charges into a room with a couple statues flanking a doorway to the left, and a doorway in the opposite wall with a polearm wedged in it. There are more friezes here but you don't have the time to look at them - the footsteps are very close now, just around the corner! In the statue-flanked room, Sergio spots another undead gnoll and a beefy ape demon.

pre:
All Heroes: 
All Monsters:

Adeya 26     
HP 52/52
AC 23     Fort 19     Ref 22     Will 23

Rachem the Profane 23
HP 148/148
AC 22     Fort 21     Ref 20    Will 17

Witherling 19
A [I1] HP 1/1
B [I8] HP 1/1
AC 23     Fort 21     Ref 22    Will 20

Undead Gnoll Blackfang 16
A [J5] HP 87/87
B [E2] HP 87/87
AC 24     Fort 21     Ref 20    Will 19

Ledran 15
HP 71/71
AC 26     Fort 23     Ref 20     Will 19

Sergio 14
HP 84/84
AC 24     Fort 24     Ref 17     Will 17

Barlgura 12
HP 108/108
AC 19     Fort 20     Ref 17    Will 17

Kranne 11
HP 57/57
AC 20     Fort 16     Ref 20     Will 23

Loran 9
HP 61/61
AC 24     Fort 17     Ref 21     Will 22
Adeya is up!

Black squares are walls (blocking terrain)
Light green squares are difficult terrain due to plant overgrowth.
Open squares at the top of the map lead outside to a long fall down.
Light brown squares are difficult terrain due to the destroyed bodies of undead gnolls.

The jackal heads are statues. Each holds its hands cupped together against its abdomen - and a single gold coin has been placed in the hands of each statue.
The polearm is a metal polearm wedged in a doorway. It's bending somewhat and seems to be the only thing holding up a heavy stone door.
The lever is a lever.

Wol fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 19, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adeya

Stepping forward, Adeya summons a goat near Sergio. The creature gives the dwarf a lick with its frozen, translucent tongue before dashing off to the doorway nex to the polearm, standing firm with its horns lowered. Then she slings a massive ball of ice into the other room, exploding next to the ape demon and sending it stumbling away.

Minor; Call Spirit Companion in E12, giving Sergio 5 THP.
Move; to B10, Spirit Companion to H11.
Standard; Freezing Burst on center F3 at 2x1d20+13=28,26. Damage for 1d6+9=15. Blackfang slides to F2, Barlgura slides to H2.

pre:
Adeya   						 
HP: 52/52 (THP: )       AC:   23    Passive Insight: 24
Surges: 3/7 (V: 13)      For:  19    Passive Perception: 24
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  22    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6   	         Will: 23    Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Call Spirit Companion   [ ] Healing Spirit                   [ ] Bigby's Icy Grasp
Freezing Burst          [X] Icy Terrain                      [ ] Spirit of the Healing Flood
Ghost Sound             [ ] Iron Mind                        
Light                   [ ] Rimefire Spirit                  
Mage Hand               [ ] Second Wind                      
Prestidigitation        [ ] Shield
Spirit Infusion         [ ] Solkara's Wave
                        [ ] Speak With Spirits
                        [ ] Sudden Restoration
                        [ ] Winter's Wrath

Item Powers
[ ] Bracers of Mental Might
[ ] Flowform Armor
[ ] Sustaining Cloak

Conditionals/Resists:
Defended Mind: You have a +2 racial bonus to saving thorws against effects that daze, dominate, or stun.
Enlarge Spell: Before using a wizard at-will or encounter attack power, you can choose to take a -2 penalty 
to each die of damage rolled with the power to increase the size of its blast or burst by 1.
Primordial Adept: You gain a +2 bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Insight and Intimidate checks 
against creatures that have the elmental origin.
Rejuvenating Spirit: When you use healing spirit, the target can make a saving throw.
Shifting Fortunes: When you use your second wind, you can shift 3 squares as a free action.
Spirit Boon: Your allies gain a +2 bonus to saving throws while adjacent to your spirit companion.
If your spirit companion is not present at the start of your turn, you can summon it once 
during that turn as a free action.
Spirit of Vigor: When you use call spirit companion as a minor action, 
one ally adjacent to your spirit companion when it appears gains 5 THP.
Staff Expertise: When you make a ranged or area attack with a staff as an implement, 
you don't provoke opportunity attacks. 

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

A gnoll mage approaches the opposite entrance but stops short when he sees the goat. He fires a radiant bolt that splits in two, one half streaking toward the goat and the other half toward Sergio. The goat ducks out of the way, but Sergio takes it on the chin. Radiant shackles appear around him, holding him back from the gnoll. "Identify yourselves, wretches!" the gnoll growls. While he menaces you, an undead gnoll comes out of the hallway and slashes the spectral goat in two. The other undead gnoll disappears into an unseen corridor.

While you're wondering as to the statues' function, a witherling proves more than happy to demonstrate. It swipes the coin from one of the statue's hands - and the statue responds by unleashing a blast of ice upon the nearby Sergio and Adeya!

Rachem the Profane:
Move to J10.
Minor: Place Curse on Sergio. UEoT, Rachem's attacks deal +1d6 damage to Sergio.
Ranged 10 radiant attack vs. Fort. Target goat (16, miss); target Sergio[+CA] (35, CRIT!). Sergio takes 21 damage. Sergio is affected by Dire Radiance: if he moves closer to Rachem on his next turn, he takes 10 radiant damage.

Blackfang A:
Move to I11.
Melee 2 attack vs. AC. Target goat (31, hit). Goat takes 18 damage and is destroyed. Adeya takes 9 damage.

Blackfang B:
Move to I7.

Witherling A:
Total Defense.

Witherling B:
Move to D7.
Standard: Take the coin from the statue's hands.

Guardian Statue:
Close blast 3 cold attack vs. Ref. Target Sergio (15, miss); target Adeya (23, hit). Hit targets take 14 cold damage and are immobilized UEoMNT. Missed targets take 7 cold damage and are slowed UEoMNT.

pre:
All Heroes: 
All Monsters:

Adeya 26     Immobilized
HP 29/52

Rachem the Profane 23
HP 148/148

Witherling 19
A [I1] HP 1/1     +2 Defenses
B [I8] HP 1/1

A [I11] HP 87/87
B [I7] HP 72/87

S Guardian Statue

Ledran 15
HP 71/71

Sergio 14     Dire Radiance; Slowed
HP 61/84

Barlgura 12
HP 93/108

Kranne 11
HP 57/57

Loran 9
HP 61/61
Ledran and Sergio are up!

Light brown squares are difficult terrain due to the destroyed bodies of undead gnolls.

The jackal heads are statues. Each holds its hands cupped together against its abdomen - and a single gold coin has been placed in the hands of each statue.
The polearm is a metal polearm wedged in a doorway. It's bending somewhat and seems to be the only thing holding up a heavy stone door.
The lever is a lever.

Wol fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 19, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adeya

She feels the chill the barest moment before it's unleashed; but it's enough for Adeya to brace herself against the onslaught and shield herself a little.

Immediate Interrupt on getting hit with the blast; Iron Mind for +2 to all defenses UEOMNT, making it miss. Adeya is slowed and takes only 7 damage.

pre:
Adeya   						 
HP: 36/52 (THP: )       AC:   23    Passive Insight: 24
Surges: 3/7 (V: 13)      For:  19    Passive Perception: 24
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  22    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6   	         Will: 23    Vision: Normal

Call Spirit Companion   [ ] Healing Spirit                   [ ] Bigby's Icy Grasp
Freezing Burst          [X] Icy Terrain                      [ ] Spirit of the Healing Flood
Ghost Sound             [X] Iron Mind                        
Light                   [ ] Rimefire Spirit                  
Mage Hand               [ ] Second Wind                      
Prestidigitation        [ ] Shield
Spirit Infusion         [ ] Solkara's Wave
                        [ ] Speak With Spirits
                        [ ] Sudden Restoration
                        [ ] Winter's Wrath

Item Powers
[ ] Bracers of Mental Might
[ ] Flowform Armor
[ ] Sustaining Cloak

Conditionals/Resists:
Defended Mind: You have a +2 racial bonus to saving thorws against effects that daze, dominate, or stun.
Enlarge Spell: Before using a wizard at-will or encounter attack power, you can choose to take a -2 penalty 
to each die of damage rolled with the power to increase the size of its blast or burst by 1.
Primordial Adept: You gain a +2 bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Insight and Intimidate checks 
against creatures that have the elmental origin.
Rejuvenating Spirit: When you use healing spirit, the target can make a saving throw.
Shifting Fortunes: When you use your second wind, you can shift 3 squares as a free action.
Spirit Boon: Your allies gain a +2 bonus to saving throws while adjacent to your spirit companion.
If your spirit companion is not present at the start of your turn, you can summon it once 
during that turn as a free action.
Spirit of Vigor: When you use call spirit companion as a minor action, 
one ally adjacent to your spirit companion when it appears gains 5 THP.
Staff Expertise: When you make a ranged or area attack with a staff as an implement, 
you don't provoke opportunity attacks. 

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Loran

Upon hearing the mage's challenge, Loran glared at him from across the room. She pointed her wand at him, "I am Loranthel del Altaha, daughter of Heimnel del Altaha. Me and my companions were perusing a thief that stole a valuable statue from the satrap. However!" she shouted with a stronger point of the wand, "Whether or not you are the thief is irrelevant now! For you have tried to kill us with your warped magical creations. Such a misuse of the Dream should offend any good and sensible person. However, if you order your creatures to stand down and surrender, I promise on my name we will show you mercy and you shall be tried fairly."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Sergio

bad mood bad post

Move to D9
Hit a 23 AC
Dead Witherling

pre:
-Opportunity Attacks Slow(+16 vs AC, 1d10+10, Melee Range, End of Target's Turn)

-If an enemy Marked by Sergio within 2 Squares of him attacks an ally but not Sergio:
1/Turn Warden's Fury (+16 vs Fort, 1d10+10 + Target Grants CA to all Allies UEONT)

-If an enemy Marked by Sergio within 5 squares of him attacks an ally but not Sergio:
Warden's Grasp (Auto-Hit, Target Shifted 1 + Slowed + Cannot Shift Until The End Of It's Turn)
Reaction (Occurs after the Attack resolves)

-If an Initiative Check comes up in a Natural Environment:
Nature Sense(Daily): Sergio uses Nature(+9) for his Initiative
All Allies have +4 Defenses for the First Round
pre:
Sergio   						 
HP: 61/84 (THP: 0)        AC:   24    Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 9/13 (V: 21)     For:  24    Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 0/1
Speed: 6   	         Will: 17    Vision: Low Light
Languages: Dwarven, Primordial

At Will                      Encounter	     	           Daily
Nature's Wrath(Free)         [ ] Second Wind              [ ] Form of the Fearsome Ram(R2)
Warden's Fury(Interrupt R2)  [ ] Dwarven Resilience       [ ] Rampant Forest
Warden's Grasp(Reaction)     [ ] Roots of Stone           [X] Nature Sense
Thorn Strike (R3)            [ ] Earthgrasp Strike (R2)   [ ] Earthguard
Weight of Earth (R2)         [ ] Mountain's Stature (R3)  [ ] Alertness            
                             [ ] Stone Panoply                   
                             [ ] Elven Battle Armor

Form Conditionals:
Guardian's Call: +2 to choice of Fort, Ref or Will
Fearsome Ram: +2 Speed, +2 Attack for Charges, At-Wills Push 1

Conditionals/Resists:
Earthstrength/Earthforger: +5 AC/+1 F/R/W UEONT after using Second Wind
Cast-Iron Stomach: +5 Saving Throws against Poison
Elven Armor: +5 Saving Throws against Slows/Immobilizes
Stand Your Ground: Can reduce forced movement by 1 and Saving Throw vs Prone
Earthforger: Counts as Elemental
Font of Life: Bonus Saving Throw at Beginning of Turn
Sudden Roots: Opportunity Attacks Slow(Until End Of Target's Turn)
Superior Fortitude: Resist 3 Ongoing
Deadly Draw: Combat Advantage against foes Pulled adjacent
Polearm Expertise: +2 all Defenses vs Charge Attacks
Disciple of Stone: +5 THP gained with Healing Surge

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Ledran 'the Green'

With Sergio nearly dealing with the other doorway, Ledran rushes over as fast as he can to the other. If that polearm can be brought down, then all of the gnolls will be funneled through the other doorway, and it will buy the party some time. Wrapping a vine on it, Ledran gives as hard a tug as he is able. If it doesn't do it, this wont be the best position to be in.

Move: to G-10, using 2 actions to do so.
Action Point Standard: Pull the polearm out Strength: 1d20+8 16

pre:
Ledran 'the Green'   						 
HP: 71/71 (THP: )        AC:   26    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 11/11 (V: 17)    For:  23    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +8   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5   	         Will: 19    Vision: Low Light Vision

At Will			                Encounter			             Daily
Combat Challenge                        [ ] Second Wind                              [ ] Seize and Stab
Combat Agility                          [ ] Grasping Limb                            [ ] Crushing Foot
Grappling Strike                        [ ] Wrath of the Destroyer                   [ ] Rock Steady
Slash and Pummel                        [ ] Takedown Attack                  
                                        [ ] Snagging Grip                      
                                        [ ] Sweeping Slash
                                        [ ] Bludgeoning Vise

Item Powers                                                      
[ ] Immunizing Scale Armor                                                                                                     
[ ] Lucky Charm                                                  
[ ] Writhing Vine Spiked Gauntlet                                                                                             

Conditionals/Resists:
Rapier of Defense: After taking a Second wind/Total Defense action, gain +1 to all defenses USONT
Immunizing Armor: Auto succeed on saving throws vs. poison damage.
Wrestler's Gloves: Gain a +1 item bonus to grab attacks, to your defenses when 
attempting to prevent an escape from your grab, and to saving throws to catch yourself when falling.
Helm of Opportunity: Gain a +1 item bonus to opportunity attack rolls.
Writhing Vine Gauntlet:  When you immobilize a target with a melee attack using this weapon, 
that target grants combat advantage to you until the end of your next turn.
Inescapable Hold:  Resist grab escapes with Fortitude.
Wrenching Grasp: Deal Dex mod damage after failed grab.
Pin Down: Prone targets I am grabbing cannot stand until they escape or I release them.
Plant's Sap: Ignore need for food, gain extended rest in 4 hours.
Vine Arms: Melee reach increases by one UEoMNT after using Natures Aspect racial power.
Saving throws: +2 to ongoing damage, +1 to catch self while falling
Resists: 1 to all damage.

Ovo fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 20, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
"Ha! The pup would threaten the hound? I will save you for last, Loranthel! Then we shall see-" The gnoll is cut off as the stone door in front of him crashes to the ground with an almighty THOOM. Those right next to the door hear nothing but ringing in their ears for the next few seconds. Everyone else hears a ferocious roar coming from the lever room - and less than a second later, they see a demon primate barreling down on them. The barlgura comes in swinging against Sergio. The mighty man deflects its blow. Then, just as he's about to respond with a cutting taunt, the barlgura socks him right in the kisser.

Blackfang A and Ledran are deafened until the end of Ledran's next turn.

Barlgura:
Move to E7.
Melee 2 attack vs. AC: target Sergio (18, miss).
Melee 2 attack vs. AC: target Sergio (33, CRIT!). Sergio takes 19 damage.

pre:
All Heroes: 
All Monsters:

Adeya 26     Immobilized
HP 29/52

Rachem the Profane 23
HP 148/148

Witherling 19
B [I8] HP 1/1     +2 Defenses

A [I11] HP 87/87
B [I7] HP 72/87     Deafened

S Guardian Statue

Ledran 15     Deafened
HP 71/71

Sergio 14     Bloodied; Dire Radiance; Slowed
HP 42/84

Barlgura 12
HP 93/108

Kranne 11
HP 57/57

Loran 9
HP 61/61
Kranne, Loran and Adeya are up!

The lever is a lever.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Loran

"What a brute." Loran said once the door slammed shut. She could tell the type. Rude, nasty, and an ego completely unfitting his station.

He would not surrender, so it was time for action! Holding up her want, she shouted words of friendlies and inspiration. The magic in those words spread around her, changing the air so that those she called allies could feel their bodies grow slightly stronger, more able to press on. With a deliberate pace, she approached the pathway to the next room. "Humph." She said as she saw the raging beast, with a flick of her wand she launched her next attack. The beast's eyes clouded over, and for a moment it seemed to forget where it was. Seizing such an opportunity with a laugh, Sergio stabbed the creature with his spear, causing the ape demon to stumble back.

Minor Action: Song of Courage. I create a Zone of 5 squares around me. Any ally in the zone gains a +1 to all Attack Rolls. The zone moves around with me and ends at the end of my next turn, but it can be sustained with a Minor Action.
Move Action: Move to D10
Standard Action:Blunder against Barlgura. Result: 21 - Hit. Barlugra takes 10 damage, I grant Sergio a Melee Basic Attack against it with a +5 Bonus to the Attack Roll, and after Sergio attacks I shift it to E5.
Granted Attack: Sergio does a Melee Attack on Barlugra. Result: 26: Hit. Barlugra takes 20 damage.

pre:
Loran Altatha   						 
HP: 61/61 (THP: )        AC:   24    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 06/09 (V: 13)    For:  17    Passive Perception: 19
Initiative: +8   	 Ref:  21    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5   	         Will: 22    Vision: Low Light Vision

At Will			                Encounter			             Daily
Staggering Note                         [ ] Second Wind                              [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicous Mockery                          [ ] Noble Presence                           [X] Song of Courage
Familiar: Book Imp                      [ ] Fey Step                                 [ ] Compulsion
Mage Hand                               [ ] Words of Friendship                  
                                        [X] Blunder                      
                                        [ ] Impelling Force
                                        [ ] Revitalizing Incantation
                                        [ ] Theft of Life
                                        [ ] Majestic Word
                                        [ ] Majestic Word

Item Powers                                                      Rituals
[ ] Eyebite                                                      Glib Limerick
    Summoned Armor                                               Tenser's Floating Disk
[X] Lucky Charm                                                  Comprehend Language
[ ] Catstep Boots                                                Seek Rumor
[ ] Shield of Eyes                                               Arcane Lock

Conditionals/Resists:
Eladrin Will: +5 Racial Bonus against Charm Effects
Battle Caster Defense:+4 Feat Bonus to AC against Oppertunity Attacks triggered by ranged or area powers.
Shield of Eyes: +1 Item Bonus to AC against Oppertunity Attacks.
Book Imp Resist Fire 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Kranne

Kranne pushes forward, striding over the shattered corpse of a long-dead gnoll to stand shoulder to shoulder with Sergio. "We hold here! Don't let them through!" A translucent vanguard swirls into existence around her, rapidly forming a wall of shields. With a gesture Kranne unleashes a volley of javelins from her bodyguard, and at least one penetrates the giant ape's body with punishing force.

Move: to E9. Gain concealment.
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Barlgura.
Standard: Flickering Venom vs Barlgura Reflex: 1d20+15 32 2d8+12+1d6 29 force damage!

pre:
Kranne   						 
HP: 57/57 (THP: )        AC:   20    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 04/06 (V: 13)    For:  16    Passive Perception: 19
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	         Will: 23    Vision: Normal Vision
Darkspiral Aura: 0

Eldritch Blast          [ ] Second Wind                      [ ] Contagion
Spiteful Glamour        [ ] Blade of Nightmares              [ ] Flames of the Smoking Crown
Darkspiral Aura         [ ] Bastion of Mental Clarity
                        [x] Flickering Venom
                        [ ] Ethereal Stride
                        [ ] Delban's Deadly Attention
                        [ ] Fate's Frayed Thread
                        [ ] Shadow Strangler
                        [ ] Staggering Note

Melee Basic Attack (Accurate Staff of Ruin +2): 1d20+9 vs AC; 1d8+4 damage

Item Powers
Helm of Seven Deaths:
Souls: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Encounter Power (3 souls): [ ]
Daily Power (7 souls): [ ]

Daily:
[ ] Leather Armour of Dark Majesty +2
[x] Corellon's Boon of Arcane Might

Consumables:
[ ] Panther Tears
[ ] Lockburst Chalk

Conditionals/Resists:
Armour of Dark Majesty: +2 to all defenses against Cursed targets
Bloodied Boon: Can trigger curse when enemy is bloodied (still removes curse)
Dual Soul: Make saving throws against Daze and Dominate at start of turn
Telepathy: Two-way mental communication with any creature within 5 squares
Haunted Blade Level 5: Roll twice on Intimidate checks
Resource Leader + Bravura Leader: Ally can gain +7 to damage on AP attack but grants CA; if attack misses, instead gain 3 THP
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment UEONT after moving 3+ squares

• Locked thread