Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Ugh the last two weeks I've been plagued by thoughts of how good this show could have turned out. I really loved season 2 and I liked how the characters were developing, and I feel like season 3 was really rushed and didn't follow through on anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Saw the last episode today. I agree with people who say that there's plenty of stuff that feels off, but it didn't ruin the show for me. I'm a bit sad that the Monster didn't join in on the vampire beating, I thought he might cave and find Victor to get his son resurrected and get recruited as muscle. But I liked his storyline, it was touching and I hope he'll find some happiness again :unsmith:

Also, I don't know why Lily didn't kill Dorian. Leaving him to rot alone again is a punisment too, sure, but he's going to go on to hurt a lot of people and I thought that Lily sort of cared about women getting hurt.

RottenK fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 14, 2016

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So I'm halfway through season 2. Do people actually like all these scenes with Frankenstein's monster? That storyline seems so god drat terrible compared to the rest of the show. And theres so much of it. I'm close to giving this show up because watching the monster be such a goon about everything is killing this show for me. Does it get any better?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
The Monster is terrible up until the last season where the actor gets much, much better material to work with. You're honestly not missing much if you just skip all his scenes in the beginning.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
You're fine skipping any scene Eva Green is not in for the entire series.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The bottle episode in s3 with just Eva Green and Rory Kinnear was amazing. His storyline was my favourite in S3.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

qbert posted:

Chicanery!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Just watched Rory Kinnear in The Imitation Game. He's so mean!

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

qbert posted:

Disagree because you'll miss out on some prime Dalton.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Yeah don't be silly just watch the whole thing. The worst element of the show/cast has been and will always be Dorian. He still had moments too though, particularly in season 2.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
This show was just so goddamn frustrating. For two and 2/3 seasons it kept teetering on the brink of being great, but at any given moment there was always something holding it down. Some sub plots would be great but some would be painfully awful, and then suddenly the great ones nosedived and vise versa. Characters would flip from abrasive to brilliant on a dime, but they managed to overlap each other so there was always someone to be pulling for. And then you'd have an episode with quality drama but punctuated by a terrible action sequence. Probably the biggest saving grace were the set designs and costumes. I mean it was certainly good, but it constantly felt like with just a little nudge it could have been so much better.

I think ending on season one or even two would have been a better option. The villain of the day have their plans circumvented, and the side plots could be filled in at your imaginations desire. But as good as three started out it's better to skip it all together than to sit through all the new stuff that is never to be paid off, and the old stuff that will never be resolved, all to be punctuated by some sloppy half thought out casual gesture of an ending. I'm fine with the death of Vanessa, but she deserved to go out with style. I really would have preferred an open cliffhanger than what we got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Frankenstyle posted:

This show was just so goddamn frustrating. For two and 2/3 seasons it kept teetering on the brink of being great, but at any given moment there was always something holding it down. Some sub plots would be great but some would be painfully awful, and then suddenly the great ones nosedived and vise versa. Characters would flip from abrasive to brilliant on a dime, but they managed to overlap each other so there was always someone to be pulling for. And then you'd have an episode with quality drama but punctuated by a terrible action sequence. Probably the biggest saving grace were the set designs and costumes. I mean it was certainly good, but it constantly felt like with just a little nudge it could have been so much better.

I think ending on season one or even two would have been a better option. The villain of the day have their plans circumvented, and the side plots could be filled in at your imaginations desire. But as good as three started out it's better to skip it all together than to sit through all the new stuff that is never to be paid off, and the old stuff that will never be resolved, all to be punctuated by some sloppy half thought out casual gesture of an ending. I'm fine with the death of Vanessa, but she deserved to go out with style. I really would have preferred an open cliffhanger than what we got.

The cliff hanger is if the monster ever got to see the arctic again. I choose to think he did. Alls well that ends well!

• Locked thread