Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I hope the combined futility of Gators and Dolphins football doesn't drive Ehud to suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Raku posted:

Suh kills Manziel in the very first play

Sorry, that honor is going to Timmons since the Steelers play the Browns to open the season. There is a chance its Troy or Worlids too.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, like Suh or anyone of relevance is actually going to exert themselves on their 15 pre-season snaps.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Schwack posted:

1) Don't let Wilson die. It sucks to see him in the top 5 of the Times Sacked list.
2) Prevent the passing offense from backsliding. The loss of Tate is sad, but hopefully a healthy Harvin + Richardson + Norwood will make up for his contributions. I'm especially excited about Norwood.
3) Win the Super Bowl again. It would be cool to beat like... I dont know, some annoying team (Dolphins??? Jets?) in a Super Bowl.

How are the Dolphins or Jets your choices for teams to beat in the Super Bowl. I expected Pats, Broncos, Ravens, or Steelers. You know, successful teams, not teams that are only not a laughing stock because the Browns exist.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I think this whole argument also speaks to the difference between NFL only posters and those who watch college football. NFL is all about wanting your team to win. College football is all about maximum schadenfreude. Winning is every thing or even the only thing, its just a nice thing that occurs while enjoying watching sad_fan_reaction.gif over and over.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

To further expound on my point:

Florida Gators Hopes and Goals:

Don't care how many games we win as long as we beat Alabama, FSU, Tennessee, and Georgia.

Beating Kentucky would be nice as well to keep the streak going.

I hope we lose all other games and Muschamp is fired and we get Coach Dreamboat to leave Lubbock. Muschamp for some bizarre inexplicable reason stays as DC.

Also, a meteor hits the stadium right at kickoff of Georgia/Tennessee, but I feel at this point I am asking too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Someone needs to take over for Texas fans...

• Locked thread