Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adrian Owlsley
Aug 6, 2010

This galaxy only has room for one karaoke champ.
As a little caution I got this game on release and it was definitely extremely bad. Everything was about as tedious as it gets since everything you could do was very easy/low effort but had a very small impact. You could easily take on a massive space armada alone in battle, for example, except when you won the combat you'd find that it only destroyed one fleet of the 5000 present. Besides combat you can do things like provide medical assistance to planets but it causes a gain of 1 medical progress a month or something, in my game a year-long shortage of doctors caused a planet to go down to -12000. I'm also not sure if those numbers do anything, they don't seem to. All that stuff was also completely unaffected by tech as every tech of the large tech tree has the effect of something like 10% ship hp, armor, build rate, or tech research rate. Pirates are also an infinite loot pinata whose convoys you can attack infinite times at no risk and no time investment for a small gain, even if the solar system has almost no ships. Essentially you're infinitely powerful as long as you're willing to put up with infinite tedium.

The only thing that seemed to effect anything in my game was trade routes which skyrocketed race relation to a point where I could form my federation in a couple years, but for being the only thing in the game that matters the feedback on when I could or couldn't form trade routes was awful. It had something to do with moons that I could make races colonize(instantly and at no cost) for resources but if I had them mine too many they had all 4 resources and wouldn't trade and if they mined too few or got unlucky on the resource rolls they would have nothing to trade for.

I think they've been releasing frequent updates to get the game to a playable state so the game might be better in the future. Personally I'm waiting for the free apology sequel that will probably be released in a year and a half if a valley without wind is any indication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread