Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
No time to watch the video because I am counting dead people, but is this a "live" play or did you record this 3 months ago like last time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

AnotherGamer posted:

She also wears it like an actual mask, and not on the corner of her forehead like all the monsters did in XIII-2.

Some mechanical monsters used them like actuals masks.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

Wouldn't be too loving hard, would it? And technically, you're wrong because FFIV:ARR came out before this game.

Most legit game originally released for a home console maybe?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Paul.Power posted:

"You know what I am. And you know what I want."
"Oh. Well good, no need to explain it to us, then."

I am all for them not dropping an exposition dump on us before we have any gameplay. There is plenty of time for them to explain the last two games to us after we decide if we actually want to play this game or not.
(Sorry if this sounds confrontational.)

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

gatesealer posted:

When Return of the Jedi came out (ignoring the opening text crawl which just summarized the last movie essentially) and everyone was at Jabba's palace, it made sense because at the end of Empire strikes back Han had been take to Jabba's palace by Boba Fett and Lando had talked about getting him back.

1.But Star wars is boring and predictable. It has a linear time line so of course after them saying they're going to Jabba's they go to Jabba's. Final Fantasy 13 has said gently caress time since 13-2, and we are now working on the idea that time, not just "life" but time proper ends. Continuing where 13-2 left off is completely breaking the theme.

2.That doesn't make it a trilogy, it makes it one movie they cut in three parts because no one is going to watch an 8 hour movie about space.

This is a joke.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Relating this game to FFX, both games start with crazy things happening and nothing making sense, and then things are explained. Allegedly, this game is going to have Hope vomit up some exposition, while FFX had the benefit of Tidus being an idiot and thus needing everything explained to him.

In FFX, you start off with a blitzball scene, then there is a giant black hole thing that craps monsters, and there is some old badass dude in a red coat. The hole sucks you into the lost city of atlantis, and then you are in the ocean with some swedish people. Whale happens, then you are in Hawaii.

In 13, there is some lady with swords and Secret Belts who fights non-pretty blonde man who punches things and uses an Ice axe. This happens after some demons invade a disco. After the fight between lady and man, there is some kind of Loki on a chandelier, and later they summon a long necked fire dog.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

gatesealer posted:

Explaining it like that makes it sound like this was supposed to be a new Devil May Cry game.

I would prefer this to the new Devil May Cry game we actually got :v:

For content, Like everything square does, I like the designs of basically everything we've seen so far. Except the first Boss, but I am sure there will be two dozen others. Snow looks less like a scruffy teenager and more like an Adult Human Male. Lightning's costume is an improvement over the Valkyrie bit she had last game, and while I am sure not Serah is going to be stupidly explained, it is nice to have an evil-ish female character not walking around half naked. I think Serah actually gained clothing between games, which is nice.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Is that the revel?

They said Snow is hosting the revel, a great party at the end of time. Snow was at that party and not participating. He also had a kickass throne and dudes in waiting, so he is probably not just a loser who can't dance, so we can intuit that he is hosting the party. This would imply that This party, which is hosted by Snow, is The Revel which we know is a party hosted by Snow.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

He is absolutely right though. Say what you will about FFs, but they always had good intros. This one is actually fairly tepid. Even if you compare it to XIII and arguably XIII-2.

Always is a bit strong, I don't think 1 had an intro at all, and 2's intro was You died, Minwu saved you. 4 was pretty cool.

Do you mean the entire intro or the opening/establishing cutscene? Because I think 13 had my favorite opening cutscene by virtue of it being realistic enough that I could see it being done by non-anime Humans (well choreographed Humans), but styish enough that no one would believe it happened unless it was live in front of you.

This intro was more like some act 3 mid battle cutscene when you knock the Boss' HP below the 2/3rd threshold...

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
EDIT: Oh my, this isn't the megathread 't all! How silly of me.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Oh are you saying that there is a revel at the end of time, presided over by Snow? That would mean that Snow is presiding over a revel at the end of time!

I hadn't realized

I know. I specifically quoted the part in your previous post where you hadn't realized it. That is why I was being so specific and direct in my explanation. I can't answer all of your questions because I haven't seen this game before, but I was able to figure this out by watching the video and paying attention.

grimlock_master posted:

We'll have to wait until the game stops tutorializing and gives him access to the schemata

I am curious if the schemata are basically just Paradigms, i.e. different menus with minor stat bonuses, or if some of them actually end up feeling different (Ravager, Commando and Saboteur all felt the same, as did medic and synnergist.)

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Incidentally, Doink is the sound a Tonberry makes when he knifes you.

I am excited to see Tonberries.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Not really gods if the bestiary errata is to be believed.
More like incredibly powerful eldritch beings, they are not infallible nor unkillable by mortals.

And I think that last one is an important thing for a god to have.

I think that being kill-able by mortals doesn't deny them god hood? They just have to have some sort of effect by existing i.e. a moon god means there are tides. when it dies, the tide stops (gently caress "gravity")

That is just my opinion though.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
So we should look at this like Fallout NV, Sierra Madre, not as DMC: Lightning?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Or it would be, if the battle system doesn't poo poo the bed around that point and that game force-feeds you to a bunch of utterly bullshit HP sponge enemies that will take up every random encounter you face from here on out.

Then you climb up a tower that's okay and the boss is easy and then it's BAAAACK to the bullshit hope you beat this enemy in ten minutes or he casts uncurable doom on you that ends the game because gently caress you.

Have fun doing fetch quests.

I disagree. I found the level of challenge consistent. My opinion.

It's actually 20 minutes, and then you also have the 3 minutes that it takes doom to kill you. It is there to prevent you from sitting in Solidarity (COM-SEN-MED) and doing 100 damage at a time for 7 hours. Supports the idea of a puzzle battle since if you're doing it wrong, you can't brute force your way through it. Also, the level cap. Not saying it isn't a valid complaint, just pointing out that you were wrong.

There are actually no fetch quests in that game. They are all "Bounty" style quests where you go to a monster, and kill it.

I am sure this game will be full of fetch quests, but of all the problems 13 had, that wasn't one of them.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Lance Streetman posted:

No, that's normal nostalgia. People who idolize the past tend to forget what it was actually like.

I think by reverse he meant that with normal nostalgia, people forget all the things wrong with it (Sonic 1 is an awful game). Here, they forget all of the good things.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

TheModernAmerican posted:

You don't really get it. I've watched the first LP, and I've seen summaries of the first FF13. What's a cocoon? How do those robot angels work? Who made them? Who is Lightning even?
In order:

Cocoon was made by Lindzei because humans kept dying on pulse. This was answered in the datalog for the first game.

The Robot Angels work the same way minnows/a stereo/you work. It is very complicated, and you would basically have to spend your life studying it. Sure there is probably some short answer to hold you over, but that wouldn't really answer the question.

Short answer is Bhunivelze. He is God proper in this game. He made the gods (e.g. etro) and those idiots made the fal'cie and humans. The Fal'cie, as you wisely pointed out were like angels, and were meant to guide/support humans.

There is no short answer for the last one so... here goes.

Lightning was a cop. Her sister wandered too close to a crashed UFO and the government wanted to run some experiments on her, so she hid inside the UFO. She turned into a rock because the Angel-Mechas liked her and wanted to re-use her to clean dishes or whatever angels want humans for. Seeing this angered lightning, so she tried to kill said angel.

That angel was impressed by the humans (Lightning being one of them) who so valiantly managed to annoy it kinda, so it drafted them into helping destroy the hell out of cocoon. It wanted help from puny humans because gods are lazy. It wanted cocoon to fall because it missed its mother/father and blowing up cocoon would cause so many deaths that the gates of heaven would be blown apart by the current of souls.

They succeeded, but asked for a miracle, and resident crackhead god etro heard them and answered their prayers. Etro changed History to make everyone not be l'cie.In return, Lightning was drafted into being a valkyrie, which is someone who guards Valhalla, because gods are lazy and want humans to do stuff for them. Valhalla is an in-between world, and is where Etro is dying. By the way Etro is dying. Gods die very slowly. She is dying there because time does not flow in Valhalla. So she's not dying as long as time's stopped.

Caius kills Etro, because while time may have stopped, her heart inside him also stopped. With etro dead, time shat itself in fear, confusion, anger, and gates. Also Chaos. This destroyed the world. Seeing as Lightning had served an angel and a demigod, Bhunivelze saw her as the most qualified human to prepare the world for the reboot. This brings us to now when lightning is "The Saviour" by virtue of being basically the last sentient being who is 1. Competent and 2. knowledgeable of what is happening. All of the old party members are one of these two, but not the other (Hope and Vanille are incompetent, Sazh and Snow don't understand all this triple god nonsense, and fang is kinda pissed I hear? Not sure.)

So, :spergin: aside does this clear it up? Did I miss anything? Any names or processes that need elaboration? I love talking about this game, its plot, its characters and the timeline. Oh yes... Timelines.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

The T posted:

You linked to the wrong one.

I've never heard the lyrics that clearly before. I like the song more now.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

and it probably cost them time and money that SE really can't afford to lose anymore.

I am not sure where people get these notions that companies like Square Enix (and nintendo especially) are nearly bankrupt, and they are one bad game away from shutting down forever... The figures I got from xiii-2 showed that it sold 2 million copies, at around $60 a box?

Averaging from people paying more (collector's edition and DLC) or less (gradual price drops/sales). That's 120 million dollars for a game where I'd guess maybe half of the assets were new? Pulling numbers out of thin air, I'd think it made at absolute least 20 million dollars profit?

And like someone said before, FFXIII sold twice as many copies as that...

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Geostomp posted:

See, that sounds like there could have been some potential if the writing staff took the time to make a coherent narrative out of this instead of scrambling around with random plot events and melodramatic cliches.

I don't think you could ever salvage the plots or characters (aside from a handful like Sazh) of these games, but the idea of a warring pantheon of incompetent dolts with humanity subject to their callous childish whims isn't too bad a starting point. They'd just have to keep the pantheon idea in mind and make a new game out of that.

All of the characters can be salvaged.

For Lightning, focus more on her relation with Serah, and less on her reaction to her death. They lost their parents growing up, and Lightning had to take care of herself and her sister. Not wanting to be the weak child she was before, she chose a new name for herself. Clair is the little girl crying at a funeral, Lightning is a cop who's going to take care of her little sister.

For Snow, do a bit of the reverse. Highlight less his relation with Serah, and focus on himself. Snow's parents are never mentioned, nor is any of his family really. His gang is named No Obligations Rules or Authority and they apparently have a supply of guns- automatic guns at that. I can't imagine he's some spoiled rich kid like Hope, to the point where I would believe him being homeless/ an orphan growing up. Is the fire fight we see him in in act 1 game 1 just him wanting to save Serah, or have they done stuff like this before? I could see Snow losing faith in things like the government, because I know that our not-anime child services have their own problems.

For Hope, they need to decide whether he is a shell shocked 14 year old trying to stay alive and sane, or if he is an angry teenager who wants to lash out at those around him. Judging by his home, his clothes, and his boomerang we know he is from the upperclass. Suddenly being deported to basically the moon (Earth from the moon?) then having the train he was on explode, then watching his mom fall to her death, then becoming a demon/zombie/angel/alien is a reasonable trauma that would justify him being unsure and afraid about literally everything. It would also justify him wanting to blame someone-anyone to the point of actual murder. It does not make sense for him to feel both ways in an alternating fashion. 5 stages of grief, not just depression, anger, depression, anger, acceptance.

Fang, Sazh, and Vanille are fine to me... Fang does 2 stupid things in the story and I understand both of them, Sazh is a father who wants to help his son, and Vanille's failing is that she doesn't want to make other people suffer.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

The game has plenty of flaws, so I don't see why people are still bringing this up. The game really has talked about this stuff, in-game, no datalogs required, in the first 20 minutes.

"What you're trying to do" - collect souls to populate a new world, since the current one is hosed
"how you can best accomplish it" - by resolving problems in people's lives (i.e. do sidequests)
"and why you're bothering with this" - Because Lightning's sister died and God promised to give her back if you do his soul-collecting errands.

I think the only thing people have had to fill in in this thread is all the weird mythology backstory, which isn't particularly vital to the plot, at least at this point.

Technically we didn't learn that stuff until the first 30-40 minutes. That's twice as long as Dr. Buttass desired.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Don't forget that Snow is presiding over a revel at the end of time, they kind of glossed over that one.

There are really big questions to everything you are doing that nobody is asking either. Like "what happened to Etro" "Why was I put to sleep" "why even is anything happening" "Why is my torso the same width as my hips do I not eat? Am I starving to death? I'm very skinny." "Why is Hope a child is Galvanize, why did you do that. Did you do it for perverted reasons Galvanize I need answers please Gal...Galvanize why are you a flower"

In order,
She died. That happened last game. Etro is dead and Caius killed her by killing himself because she gave him immortality by tying his life to hers so that he could protect Yeul because humans need a seeress according to Etro, who I repeat is an idiot. They're not repeating it because there's already been about an hour's worth of not-gameplay in the last hour and a half of video.

Lightning was put to sleep because she failed in not killing her sister (she killed her. Sent her right to her death. Thought she was saving the world, turns out she was wrong. Knew she was going to die, wrote it off as worth it to save [Humanity] and let her martyr herself.) and wanted to wait for an opportunity to save/bring back her sister, read: a miracle.

Things are happening because Gods are stupid and lazy, Angels get lonely, and humans are weak and scared. That basically summarizes the Absolute Why. If you want to know why Gods are stupid and lazy, Angels get lonely, or humans are weak and scared I cannot help you.

The anorexia jokes are answered because Anime. Chill out is all I can say to help you?

Hope is a child because why not? He could be an old man, he could be a 24 year old, he could be a turtle. Bhunivelze has reasons knowable to him, and for whatever reason he brought Hope back as a 14 year old with the mentality of an adult. Outside of the game, I'd guess it's because the VA for the 14 year old was cheaper and, again, it doesn't matter one way or another.

What else would a God look like? An Orb? A man? A frog? A River? Why is Zeus human shaped? Why is Ganesh an Elephant? Why does the hebrew God appear as a Maelstrom to talk to His people? Religion does that poo poo all the time, don't let a JRPG trip you up so much.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Hey, yeah! I stabbed him lots in the last game and it didn't work until the end and even then it didn't actually work. Nothing is explained!

Caius can only be killed by a Guardian, i.e. someone who protects the Seeress e.g. Yeul. If the Guardian has a weak will, the Heart will jump to the new, better Guardian. If they have a strong will, they will resist the power and it will be released. Released as in dies.

That is from the 13-2 Datalog, so you are justified in not knowing that.

That said, the first part -Noel can actually kill Caius- is said by Noel and Caius some 20 times in 13-2, so you should probably have caught that.

Covok posted:

Though I do have a question, I always though Valhalla was the post-apocalyptic world that they were trying to stop from coming to being. Like that was the world where time stopped and was receding into Chaos. Was I wrong? I assume so.

Valhalla is the space between worlds/time/dimensions/realities etc. Lots of games have this, if you know the nonsense of Magic the Gathering lore, Valhalla ~The blind eternities.

Covok posted:

Also, did the characters succeed in the previous game? Like Etro died, but weren't they trying to stop Cocoon from falling or something? And they wanted to make a new cocoon as well (for some reason)? What was the army of giants about again?

They saved Humanity by building another moon to live on, but then Caius out maneuvered them by killing Etro which released a flood of Chaos> Chaos is nasty> world is dying. Can't hide

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 19, 2014

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Why could Lightning kill Caius then? That's what is suggested in the opening sequence of XIII-2, where Caius tried to get Lightning to kill him and she backs off because she knows it'll lead to bad poo poo.

Apparently she couldn't, because she is a chump. She might have thought she could, and been wary of it? Lightning is not omniscient. She knows what Etro has told her and Etro is a dying idiot. She knows Caius dying is bad, and she might think that by the power of Etro and her pretty white wings, she could rules lawyer in some Heart of Chaos loopholes...

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Maybe everyone misses daddy and Etro thought she could make everyone happy by ending reality as we know it so Galnivelze would come back. I think this is why Kaz hates the "I want to help/protect/save everyone" mind set?

I still think she's just that stupid. Dying people are the worst people, and it holds true for gods.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
So you are saying, that you stopped listening to the game, and then stopped understanding what was going on?

This isn't some kind of sarcastic fake trap I'm setting up. I am curious if you were listening, then stopped paying attention and then stopped understanding as opposed to never understood anything, or you were never really listening, or you were listening, but never caught any of the keywords, or if you had another tab open and just switched back to the video when you heard pokecapn talk, or heard KFJ start laughing (I do this sometimes).

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Buttass posted:

I never understood anything, so I tried to pay attention at first. When it didn't seem to explain anything, I lost interest and gave up.

I think that may be a personality thing with me then. I love convoluted plots you need to read/play through 2 or three times to really understand what is happening. Games like FF1 for example are actually too simple in their plots and bore the hell out of me. I end up needing to sperg on mechanics instead...

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Wow this thread is getting super passionate... Maybe relax a bit?

I am surprised no one has pointed out that KFJ didn't replace another Costume with the Nice Pants Schemata. I am sure he could have dropped the savior or dark muse thing for Style~

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I am expecting a betrayal which motivates you to kill him.

I was never going to save your sister, bwahahaha> knifed

Or something?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Vprisoner posted:

"Humans died out one by one. Eventually it was just me, Yeul, and the fashionista who put this baller-rear end designer logo on the back of my vest... he didn't make it though."

Is making fancy clothing that hard once you can make clothing? Also it is post-end of the world, not pre- start of the world. I think about it like Fallout. If those clothes weren't made for him, they might have been scavenged, or sewn together from a bunch of other outfits*. Caius has his symbiote suit which he wears for all 600 years you see him, and probably wore them for 600 years before you meet him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he just Had the Yeuls' outfits. You have a deathprone charge, you learn to be prepared for that kind of thing... I like the idea that Caius has been hand sewing everyone's outfits. You live for a few evers, I'm sure you'd learn how to fix a hole in some pants...

*"Sewn together from a bunch of other outfits" describes a lot of fantasy character's outfits. e.g. Firion.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Bricoleur posted:

I totally forgot about Claire. I don't even know why they bothered with her name thing. Her name is Lightning, but it's stressed that Lightning is not her real name because you know how a name like Lightning needs an explanation in a game where you have characters running around named things like Snow, Hope, and Fang in a series where you have characters running around named things like Cloud, Terra, Squall, and Ashe. No, her real name is Eclair (Claire in English to avoid invoking oblong pastries) which is....lightning in French. It's just so pointless.

Hope is totally a real name. I had math with a girl named Hope in 8th grade... she hit me in the neck with a ruler :(
Snow is also a realish name. As in, FF13 is not the first place I have seen a character with the name Snow.

Vanille and Fang are relatively extraterrestrials, so I will not defend their stupid names.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Crigit posted:

So what about that guy she chokeslams in the intro? His soul pops out for Lightning to eat, does that mean concussions confer instant enlightenment?

Dude was dancing at The Revel. Gotta figure he's pretty alright with life in general.

Alright with life in general = Crazy Saviour steals your soul.

EDIT: VV I've heard of scarier religious doctrines.

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 20, 2014

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

Pulse was a high-level area in the first game with giant weather-making GBS threads titans. I can see how tiny meat popsicle NPCs might have been slaughtered fairly loving thoroughly.

In fact, the weather making GBS threads titan was the Fal'cie in charge of Evolution i.e. making the super deadly monsters super deadlier.

Pulse being such a raging hell planet is the main reason I haven't tried to pipe up and defend the criticism that, it really doesn't make sense that the coddled Cocoon humans managed to settle in 3 years and make kickin' rad beach houses.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Bricoleur posted:

Yeah but this is boy Hope so it's worth a mention.

Boys having girls names really isn't that odd... Laguna from FF8, Vivi (kind of, maybe?) from 9. It might have been something(else) that got him teased in middle school, but other than that it's not really a noteworthy name. Boys having Girls' names may be a trope, but it's certainly not something that would justify people thinking Lightning is an actual name.

Also, maybe compare Squall and Leon from FF8 and Kingdom Hearts, for when the nickname is more of a name than the real name?

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 20, 2014

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

BioMe posted:

Why does Square keep thinking arbitrary time limits and windows are good game design? I hope it won't get as bad as that Kingdom Hearts game, because it sounds suspiciously like it might be a theme here.

Not sure what you mean by this?

13-2 had actually none of these and everything was replayable.
13 had nothing important that you could miss... Maybe some balls?
12 was several dozen kinds of crazy with stuff, but you were only ever really barred from some stealing oppurtunities.
10 had like 2 missable books I think?

I haven't played the 3DS game or RE: Coded, but Kingdom Hearts proper doesn't have anything missable.

Is it a Bravely Default thing?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

BioMe posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress you are talking about either.

EDIT: I mean it sounds like you are talking about missable items, I just don't know what that has to do with anything.

What else could you mean by arbitrary time limits? What are you being limited from? What game had these things? If you're not talking miss-able items, are you talking about plot events? Stuff you need to do to progress? This is the only game that I can think of by Square that has "Arbitrary Time limits" for anything important, and even then I am not sure they (the posse) have missed anything like that yet.

You said Square "keeps thinking that" but this is the only game I can think of that does it, except for random useless side quests. Making random useless side quests missable isn't good or bad as game design. It is a choice, one that you might not like, but it's not wrong.

BioMe posted:

"Go do side quests now, switch characters now". For no reason other than that an in-game timer says so. Which exists why?

The in game timer exists because Bhunivelze is going to reset the world at the end of it. Right now Kaz is L.playing a game where the "timer" is advanced by you doing events, but from what Suzaku is saying this game has so much spare time in it, it is probably easier on the player to give them a clock than to do that.

Why it has a clock instead of just 13 days of plot... people apparently don't like linear stories? Instead of telling you to go to points A,B,C, and D as the days move through 1,2,3,4 during cutscenes, they are letting you choose how to spend the 13 days until the end of the world.

If you want to be a dingus and stand around in luxerion for 13 days until you fail and the world ends, the game lets you do that.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Pyroi posted:

Yeah, but the meteor in FF7 was just about to hit and wipe out all life for at least one disc. I like being able to screw around when I have no idea what I'm doing and then still be able to get an ending where the entire world is saved thanks to the Powerpuff Girls angry pink haired girl. I also like not having to wait for several in-game hours to be able to do a stealth mission.

That's fair. I also had that problem with Majora's Mask...

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

BioMe posted:

Sorry I forgot you can't use hyperbole about Final Fantasy without triggering the fanboys.

Alright so ignoring hyperbole, can you give 2 examples of it in the last 10 years? If it is just DDD, I don't see why it's a "Square" thing and worth mentioning. I just don't understand why you brought it up as a concern.

EDIT: VV Alright.

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 21, 2014

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

TheModernAmerican posted:

Is uh... pulse the name of the world or something? Thanks though, that was probably an accurate summary but it read like a Henry Darger novel.

By the way, I probably can't watch this LP, it feels like the ending of the Sonic 06 LP where all of you guys just couldn't give a poo poo about the game anymore. Have fun with the thread though.

Gran pulse is the name of the world, and incidentally Pulse is the name of the patron god of Gran pulse. Lindzei is the patron god of Cocoon and whether she saw human as lamb or cattle is up to interpretation. On the one hand, it led to the cataclysm/catastrophe/ whatever word they used to say the moon fell, on the other hand, pulse sucked and everyone who lived there died or became a zombie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Is it because flowing time died so now we just have referential time?

• Locked thread