Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Gate encounter

I'm sure this won't go entirely terrible! I have an axe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Stanley grabs a Debt and a Bible.
Reserve reveals: Witch Doctor (Ally, 3): Investigators on your space may recover 1 additional Health or discard a Cursed condition when resting.
Scarborough grabs a Clue and heads for Istanbul.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
My main objective as Lily is to get as many +stat encounters as possible, because they count twice for her. With a starting strength of 4 and a reroll, getting +2 strength means she can punch really hard. That said, it'll be two turns before I get to Sidney, and there is a gate right here, so for now, let's start this chain of bad ideas:

Prepare for travel: train ticket
Buy assets
Punch the Banshee in the face
Close the gate, if possible

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

You can't get assets with a monster around! But you can adquire train ticker.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I thought that it only applied to resting. Punch her anyway, skip one of my actions.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Chen grabs a train ticket.

Action Queue
- Kane, Withers: 2 actions.

Pending Encounters
- Culver: Arkham Gate
- Stanley: Buenos Aires
- Chen: Shanghai Gate
- Scarborough: Istanbul

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Move to 5.

Acquire Assets (itshappening.gif)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm shocked.

Kane goes on the election trail to Dakota and buys a bunch of poo poo. (Influence: 1 3 3 5 6 6)

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Mystic Bounty Hunter to Withers, Tear Gas to Chen

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Okay I think I got an idea of what to do

Use Feed the Mind on Culver
Get Train Ticket

and Arkham Encounter I guess

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Kane hands off some gifts.
Reserve reveals:
  • Fresh Fruit (Item, 1): When you rest, you may discard this card to recover 1 additional Health and 1 additional Sanity.
  • Arcane Scholar (Ally, 2): Gain +1 Lore. You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Lore test.

Withers grabs a Train Ticket, then puts his new Goth to work. (Lore: 4 4 4 5)

Feed The Mind, 1 success posted:

A wealth of knowledge overwhelms your mind. The chosen investigator loses 1 Sanity.

Action Queue
- Withers: Choose skill to upgrade for Culver.

Pending Encounters
- Culver: Arkham Gate
- Stanley: Buenos Aires
- Chen: Shanghai Gate
- Scarborough: Istanbul
- Kane: Generic City
- Withers: Arkham

Stelas fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 16, 2014

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm not sure what skill is best for gate encounters, but that'd be the skill I'd like most, Withers.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It's very rough (sometimes the game likes to gently caress with you and use the opposites on some cards) but:

Lore is usually used when closing Gates and casting Spells.
Influence is usually used when buying items and when doing City encounters.
Observation is usually used when doing Expeditions and Clue encounters.
Strength is usually used when doing Expeditions and fighting enemies.
Will is usually used when closing Gates and fighting enemies.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
based on the wording of the spell, it should be Culver's choice shouldn't it?

Stelas posted:

Feed The Mind Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, choose an investigator on your space to improve 1 skill of their choice. Then flip this card.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, welp, yeah I guess. We're normally too lazy to follow FFG's word. :v:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Well, if it's my option, I'll take some sweet, sweet Lore.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Culver improves his Lore.

Encounter phase coming up...

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 1 - ENCOUNTER PHASE

:cthulhu: A reminder - I will use rerolls where I can to prevent failures unless it's a consumable or a Clue, in which case yell and I'll redo the check. Case in point, I'm going to pause a moment in case Chen wants to huck a can of tear gas around.

Status - Turn 1 posted:

Monsters:
  • Shanghai: Byakhee - 2/2 HP. Horror: Will vs 1. Combat: Strength vs 2. If you defeat this Monster during combat, you may lose 1 Sanity and move 3 spaces instead of resolving an encounter.
  • Tunguska: Children of Yig - 8/8 HP. No Horror roll. Combat: Strength-2 vs 2. Before combat, test Observation-1. If you fail, this Epic Monster moves immediately to a random space without a Combat test.
Investigators:
  • Charlie Kane (Alris) - Health 4/4, Sanity 8/8. Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2.
    Action: Another investigator of your choice may immediately perform 1 additional action.
    When you acquire assets, you may allow other investigators to gain any cards you purchase.
    Personal Assistant: Gain +1 Influence. You may reroll 1 die in Influence tests.

• Jim Culver (Meinberg) - Health 7/7, Sanity 3/5. Lore 3+1, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 3. 1 Clue.
    Action: You and each investigator on your space recovers 1 Sanity.
    You and investigators on your space roll 1 additional die in all Combat and Horror tests.
    Shriveling Spell: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, choose a Monster on your space to lose 2 Health. Then flip this card.

• Diana Stanley (Arrion) - Health 7/7, Sanity 5/5. Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1.
    Action: If there is a Cultist on your space, discard all Monsters on that space or move the Cultist to any other space.
    Reduce the Horror test of Monsters you encounter to difficulty 1.
    Arcane Manuscripts: Gain +1 Lore when resolving Spell effects.
    King James Bible: You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Horror test. When you rest, recover 1 additional Sanity.
    Wither Spell: When resolving a Combat test, you may test Lore. If you pass, gain +3 Strength during that test. Then flip this card.
    Debt: Local Action: Test Influence. If you pass, discard this card. On a Reckoning, flip this card.

• Lily Chen (Fat Samurai) - Health 6/6, Sanity 6/6. Lore 2, Influence 2, Observation 2, Strength 4, Will 3. 1 Train Ticket.
    Action: Spend any number of Health or Sanity, and regain an equal amount of Health or Sanity.
    When you improve a skill, you may immediately improve that skill again.
    Protective Amulet: Gain +1 Will during Horror tests.
    Lucky Rabbit's Foot: Once per round, you may reroll a die.
    Tear Gas: You may discard this card to reroll up to 2 dice during a Combat test. In addition, the monster's damage will be reduced by 2 to a minimum of 1.

• Trish Scarborough (Barry Shitpeas) - Health 7/7, Sanity 5/5. Lore 1, Influence 3, Observation 4, Strength 3, Will 2. 1 Clue.
    Action: If you do not have any Clues, gain 1 Clue.
    If an investigator on your space spends a Clue to reroll a die, he may reroll up to 2 dice instead.
    .45 Automatic: Gain +3 Strength during Combat tests.

• Norman Withers (Indigo Cephalopods) - Health 5/5, Sanity 7/7. Lore 3, Influence 1, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 4.
    Action: Spend 2 Clues to discard 1 Monster from a space containing a Gate.
    Once per round, you may spend 1 Sanity in place of spending 1 Clue.
    Mystic Bounty Hunter: Gain +1 Strength during Combat tests. Gain +2 Lore when resolving Spell tests.
    Feed The Mind Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, choose an investigator on your space to improve 1 skill of their choice. Then flip this card.

COMBAT

Chen takes on a Byakhee. (Effective stats: Strength 4, Will 4)
    Horror - Will vs 1: 1 3 3 6. No Sanity loss.
    Combat - Strength vs 2: 3 3 4 5 Rabbit Foot: 2. 1 Health loss. Byakhee takes 1 damage.

ENCOUNTERS

Charlie Kane

Generic City posted:

A shop in the old part of town is reputed to have an amazing collection of rare books, but the shop cannot always be found. You research the legend and do your best to find it. (Lore-2: 5) If you pass, gain 1 Tome Artifact.

Kane draws the Cultes des Goules: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to gain 2 Clues.
Jim Culver

The Dreamlands posted:

In Dylath-Leen, a suspicious-looking thug in a dark robe offers you his help. However, he warns you that he's a fugitive beign hunted by the prince's agents and will require your protection. (Strength-2: 3) The Eyes of Dylath-Leen capture you and sell you as a slave. You try to persuade the other slaves to fight back. (Influence: 3 5 6) if you pass, the former slaves gratefully help you; close this Gate.
Diana Stanley

Buenos Aires posted:

In an ancient underground chamber, you study strange scientific and magic paraphenalia once used by the Serpent Men. (Lore: 2 3 5 6) If you pass, you manipulate the devices to transform yourself and gain a Blessed condition.
Lily Chen is kind of busy over here!

Trish Scarborough

Istanbul posted:

You find a crude carving of a worm-like creature in a nearby cave. The image seems familiar. (Lore: 4) If you fail, the disturbing image haunts your thoughts; lose 1 Sanity and gain a Paranoia condition.
Norman Withers

Arkham posted:

You are suddenly confronted on Meadow Hill by an unnamable presence! The sight of the creature horrifies you beyond description. (Will: 3 4 6 6) If you pass, it imparts strange knowledge to you; gain an Incantation Spell.

Withers draws Flesh Ward: Once per round, when an investigator would lose Health, you may test Lore. If you pass, prevent that investigator from losing up to 2 Health. Then flip this card.

:cthulhu: You'll also need to yell if you want that activating, too.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Chen does in fact lob the Tear Gas at it. (Rerolls: 4 6) She's uninjured and the Byakhee is defeated.
Chen piles into the gate:

The Past posted:

Through the shifting sands of the desert, you spot a deranged-looking man. You try to follow him, but he abruptly disappears. You search the wind-swept landscape for any sign of him. (Observation: 1 4) You wander in the unrelenting heat of the desert, forcing yourself to keep going. (Will-1: 5 5) If you pass, you eventually find an object in the sands; gain 1 Artifact.

Chen draws the Milk of Shub-Niggurath: Action: Test Will. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to recover all Health and improve Strength twice - and then a Monster ambushes you!

... ... the expansion is weird.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Nice. I got magical steroids. Gate is still closed open, I mean, right?

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 16, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 1 - MYTHOS PHASE

Perplexing Stars posted:

Perplexing Stars (Yellow :cthulhu:)

Advance Omen, Reckoning, Spawn Gates

Before your very eyes, the stars shift in the night sky. Constellations break apart and reform, shattering your previous predictions of the omens.

Move the Omen counterclockwise by 1, then advance Doom as appropriate.

The Omen advances to Blue. No Blue Gates are open - no Doom advance.
There is a Reckoning:

Reckoning posted:

Thanks to Yig's influence, a Cultist spawns on Tunguska!

Stanley is in Debt:

Debt Collector posted:

The man in the silk suit hands you a large stack of papers. "I believe you'll find this offer quite reasonable." His smile reminds you of a shark. It's clear that he will not take "no" for an answer. (Influence: 3 6) If you pass, discard this card.
Clearly, though, she's still Blessed. (Blessed: 5)

Scarborough isn't feeling too hot... (Paranoia - Will: 3 4)

Self-Doubt posted:

Your friends and colleagues were right. what hope do you have of changing anything? Mere mortals couldn't possibly stop ancient, powerful beings. Discard all of your Improvement tokens. Then, discard this card.
... nothing happens.

Gates open in Istanbul and San Francisco (both Green).
A Maniac spawns in Istanbul, and a Hound of Tindalos on San Fran.

The Omen retreats to Green! Two Green gates are open; Doom advances twice to 8.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 2 - ACTION PHASE

Status - Turn 2 posted:

Doom: 8
Mythos Deck: 15/16
Mysteries Complete: 0/3
Gate Tokens Remaining: 5/9 (1 in discard)
Gates: Red: Shanghai. Green: Istanbul, San Francisco
Omen Stage: Green -> Blue -> Red -> Blue
Expedition: Tunguska
Clues: Tunguska, 4, 8
Lead Investigator: Charlie Kane

Yig posted:

• On a Reckoning, spawn a Cultist on the current Expedition space. Then, if there are 2 or more monsters on that space, advance Doom.
  • When 3 Mysteries have been solved, investigators win the game.

Descendants of Yig posted:

Should any human ever incur the wrath of Yig, the Father of Serpents will claim that person's child and transform the infant into a terrible snake-like creature, horrible to look upon and seemingly immortal.

When this card enters play, spawn the Children of Yig Epic Monster on a random space. At the end of the Mythos Phase, if the Children of Yig have been defeated, solve this Mystery.
Monsters:
  • Istanbul - Maniac - 1/1 HP. Horror: Will+1 vs 1. Combat: Strength-1 vs 2. If you fail the Combat test, you may discard an Ally rather than lose Health. If you defeat this Monster in combat, gain the Axe.
  • San Francisco - Hound of Tindalos - 3/3 HP. Horror: Will vs 2. Combat: Strength-1 vs 3. On a Reckoning, move this Monster to the nearest space containing an investigator, and they immediately encounter it.
  • Tunguska: Cultist - 1/1 HP. Horror: Will vs 1. Combat: Strength-1 vs 2. If you are damaged by the Combat check, gain a Poisoned condition.
  • Pyramids: Children of Yig - 8/8 HP. No Horror roll. Combat: Strength-2 vs 2. Before combat, test Observation-1. If you fail, this Epic Monster moves immediately to a random space without a Combat test.
Reserve:
  • Bank Loan: Take this card when Acquiring Assets to get +2 successes and a Debt.
  • Fresh Fruit (Item, 1): When you rest, you may discard this card to recover 1 additional Health and 1 additional Sanity.
  • Arcane Scholar (Ally, 2): Gain +1 Lore. You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Lore test.
  • Holy Cross (Item, 2): Gain +2 Will during Horror tests.
  • Witch Doctor (Ally, 3): Investigators on your space may recover 1 additional Health or discard a Cursed condition when resting.
Investigators:
  • Charlie Kane (Alris) - Health 4/4, Sanity 8/8. Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2.
    Action: Another investigator of your choice may immediately perform 1 additional action.
    When you acquire assets, you may allow other investigators to gain any cards you purchase.
    Personal Assistant: Gain +1 Influence. You may reroll 1 die in Influence tests.
    Cultes des Goules: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to gain 2 Clues.

• Jim Culver (Meinberg) - Health 7/7, Sanity 3/5. Lore 3+1, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 3. 1 Clue.
    Action: You and each investigator on your space recovers 1 Sanity.
    You and investigators on your space roll 1 additional die in all Combat and Horror tests.
    Shriveling Spell: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, choose a Monster on your space to lose 2 Health. Then flip this card.

• Diana Stanley (Arrion) - Health 7/7, Sanity 5/5. Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1.
    Action: If there is a Cultist on your space, discard all Monsters on that space or move the Cultist to any other space.
    Reduce the Horror test of Monsters you encounter to difficulty 1.
    Arcane Manuscripts: Gain +1 Lore when resolving Spell effects.
    King James Bible: You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Horror test. When you rest, recover 1 additional Sanity.
    Wither Spell: When resolving a Combat test, you may test Lore. If you pass, gain +3 Strength during that test. Then flip this card.
    Blessed: 4, 5, and 6 count as successes on your tests. If you become Blessed, flip this card instead. If you become Cursed, discard this card instead. On a Reckoning, roll 1 die. On a 1 or 2, discard this card.

• Lily Chen (Fat Samurai) - Health 6/6, Sanity 6/6. Lore 2, Influence 2, Observation 2, Strength 4, Will 3. 1 Train Ticket.
    Action: Spend any number of Health or Sanity, and regain an equal amount of Health or Sanity.
    When you improve a skill, you may immediately improve that skill again.
    Protective Amulet: Gain +1 Will during Horror tests.
    Lucky Rabbit's Foot: Once per round, you may reroll a die.
    Milk of Shub-Niggurath: Action: Test Will. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to recover all Health and improve Strength twice - and then a Monster ambushes you!

• Trish Scarborough (Barry Shitpeas) - Health 7/7, Sanity 4/5. Lore 1, Influence 3, Observation 4, Strength 3, Will 2. 1 Clue.
    Action: If you do not have any Clues, gain 1 Clue.
    If an investigator on your space spends a Clue to reroll a die, he may reroll up to 2 dice instead.
    .45 Automatic: Gain +3 Strength during Combat tests.

• Norman Withers (Indigo Cephalopods) - Health 5/5, Sanity 7/7. Lore 3, Influence 1, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 4.
    Action: Spend 2 Clues to discard 1 Monster from a space containing a Gate.
    Once per round, you may spend 1 Sanity in place of spending 1 Clue.
    Mystic Bounty Hunter: Gain +1 Strength during Combat tests. Gain +2 Lore when resolving Spell tests.
    Flesh Ward: Once per round, when an investigator would lose Health, you may test Lore. If you pass, prevent that investigator from losing up to 2 Health. Then flip this card.

Action Queue:
- Everyone: 2 actions.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

Nice. I got magical steroids. Gate is still closed, right?

Not unless the card says it is! You got the consolation prize, so to speak.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ok, let's try this again:

EDIT: DISREGARD, actions updated.

A couple of suggestions:

- Encounters in Tokio usually remove enemies from the map, so that would be a nice way to remove guys from Tunguska without tying up an investigator. If anyone is near and is going to hang around a city anyway, that may a move to consider.
- If I manage to buff myself up (+2 strrength from the milk), I can start making dents on that serpent monster (6 ST total, without equipment). Before we attack it, though, we need an observation-1 roll, so eventually I'd like to request a Feed the Mind from Indigo Cephalopods. It will be a couple of turns before I'm in position, so there's no hurry.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 09:38 on May 16, 2014

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Is the milk discarded when used?

acquire train ticket
Move to pyramids

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Stelas posted:

Not unless the card says it is!

I hope, otherwise this may be a bad idea :ohdear:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Stelas posted:

The Omen retreats to Green! Two Green gates are open; Doom advances twice to 8.

Well that sucks.

We'll need to do something about Tunguska. Another reckoning will spit out a cultist and advance doom.

Move to Arkham, Acquire Assets.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Is the milk discarded when used?

I don't think so, it doesnt say it is.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Alris posted:

Well that sucks.

We'll need to do something about Tunguska. Another reckoning will spit out a cultist and advance doom.

Move to Arkham, Acquire Assets.

I don't think so, it doesnt say it is.

Bear in mind there is only one reckoning in the next 3 cards due to deck construction. I wouldn't mind the Cross to shore up my will, although obviously it doesn't help me right now

Also preloading use clue since I have nothing else to do next turn except get a new one

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Alris posted:

Crap, you're right. I can get there in one turn, and get a free Axe when if I defeat the cultist. I'm not happy about leaving the gate in Shangai open, or having to leave Chen there to deal with weak monsters when she could be punching the Big Bad, though.

Also, the Shangai gate will advance Doom in two turns, so someone should close it ASAP.

Barry, how do you feel about trading places? You close Shangai, I go kill a cultist; next turn, I introduce Mr. Big Snake to Mr. Axe while you stop the cultists?

Also, Alris, you could swing to Tokio and try to defeat monsters via encounters while still buying everything in sight.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

Crap, you're right. I can get there in one turn, and get a free Axe when if I defeat the cultist. I'm not happy about leaving the gate in Shangai open, or having to leave Chen there to deal with weak monsters when she could be punching the Big Bad, though.

Also, the Shangai gate will advance Doom in two turns, so someone should close it ASAP.

Barry, how do you feel about trading places? You close Shangai, I go kill a cultist; next turn, I introduce Mr. Big Snake to Mr. Axe while you stop the cultists?

Also, Alris, you could swing to Tokio and try to defeat monsters via encounters while still buying everything in sight.

The axe is from the Maniac in Istanbul, not the Cultist. Also I am really bad at closing gates whereas fighting the Children is right in my skillset

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Barry Shitpeas posted:

The axe is from the Maniac in Istanbul, not the Cultist. Also I am really bad at closing gates whereas fighting the Children is right in my skillset

I didn't realize you have the highest Observation around. Problem is we're going to eat a doom advance this turn unless someone stops the Tunguska guys, and 2 in the following turn via the gate in Shangai.

Anyway, new orders. I have better chances of killing a cultist than I have of closing the gate.

Drink the Milk, travel to Tunguska, burning a train ticket. I'll decide which encounter to have after the ambush.

EDIT: Also, apologies if I'm coming across as opinionated and quarterback-y. Today is a slow day at work.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 16, 2014

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

I didn't realize you have the highest Observation around. Problem is we're going to eat a doom advance this turn unless someone stops the Tunguska guys, and 2 in the following turn via the gate in Shangai.

Anyway, new orders. I have better chances of killing a cultist than I have of closing the gate.

Drink the Milk, travel to Tunguska, burning a train ticket. I'll decide which encounter to have after the ambush.

EDIT: Also, apologies if I'm coming across as opinionated and quarterback-y. Today is a slow day at work.

As I said earlier we only have a 1/3 chance of a reckoning this turn (and if we do there won't be another for 2 turns) and we also have a 1/3 chance of the Omen not advancing

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The Milk doesn't go away when used. You found that stuff in a eldritch desert, you think actually drinking it is going to stop it?

It's probably worth clarifying - you can only use one pure skill increase per test, but you can use as many secondary abilities (rerolls, number changes) as you can get your hands on.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Also preloading use clue since I have nothing else to do next turn except get a new one

Fair enough. I'll hold off on it once you guys get a Clue-base Mystery or Rumour, though.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Yeah I only meant for as long as I'm fighting the Children anyway

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Because you said that it'll double advance next turn :colbert:

Fat Samurai posted:

Alris, you could swing to Tokio and try to defeat monsters via encounters while still buying everything in sight.

That's my eventual plan, to sit in Tokyo and spam Acquire Assets and either my second ability or Cultes des Goules (for clues to spend on asset acquisition), but right now I'd like to focus on building Influence in Istanbul. The sooner it's beefed up the sooner everyone benefits from my massive amount of CAPITALISM :black101:.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Alris posted:

That's my eventual plan, to sit in Tokyo and spam Acquire Assets and either my second ability or Cultes des Goules (for clues to spend on asset acquisition), but right now I'd like to focus on building Influence in Istanbul. The sooner it's beefed up the sooner everyone benefits from my massive amount of CAPITALISM :black101:.

Yeah, it's more of a long term plan.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Speaking of axes, I'm supposed to have one, aren't I?

Also, where did I lose that second sanity from?

My tentative plan of action is to head to San Fran to kill that maniac and close the gate, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Edit: Oh wait, that's a Hound of Tindalos, not a maniac. How good is that axe supposed to be? I might want to get some more tools before heading out monster hunting.

Aleator
Jun 27, 2011

I am nothing but a blade, waiting for the perfect time to end an ancient warrior's pride.
With all of the ingame chat, I am expecting someone to save a holiday by killing at least 4 monsters who are all partying in a city. I'm just saying. :colbert:

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Meinberg posted:

Speaking of axes, I'm supposed to have one, aren't I?

Also, where did I lose that second sanity from?

My tentative plan of action is to head to San Fran to kill that maniac and close the gate, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Edit: Oh wait, that's a Hound of Tindalos, not a maniac. How good is that axe supposed to be? I might want to get some more tools before heading out monster hunting.

You only get the axe if you kill the maniac in combat. You lost 1 sanity from your spell and 1 from Norman's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Alright, altered battle plan.

Buying assets
Move to 5

North American encounter

• Locked thread