Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Jeremy Calhart

When Father Calhart bought his small handgun from that incredibly intimidating gun shop, he had briefly prayed that he would never find himself actually needing to use it. His prayers, apparently, had been left unanswered. He gripped the weapon with sweaty, shaking hands and removed the trigger guard.
It was then that he hears the voice. Did Fitzer have any women in his gang? He doesn't remember seeing any, but maybe he simply never saw her. He hadn't been in this parish that long, and only knew of Gus and the tall one with the dreadlocks.

Knock knock knock.
Whoever it is, it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. Maybe he could sneak out from a window in the back? But that would mean being out in the streets, and those are not safe...
I'll just wait. I'll just sit tight and wait until whoever is here has had enough and will leave. It's going to be ok.
Seconds seem to be as long as hours as the costant knocking doesn't seem to stop. The priest bites his lips, nerves wracked and feet ready to run, staring with eyes peeled at the cheap wooden door shaking slightly under the knocks.
Come on, leave already! I'm sick, I don't want to see you, leave me alone!
He can't suppress a tinge of guilt, in the back of his mind, at the thought that maybe it's just a member of his congregation come to check on the pastor. But it's not a risk he's willing to take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Jeremy Calhart

Oh God, what's making that noise? What is happening?Hands shaking and mouth dry from fear, the priest inches towards the small window next to the door that allows him to see the hallway outside. He had used that to monitor the street after the "message", and only went away from it when he thought his bladder would explode. He peeks from the side, trying not to be seen, to see just who was looking for him.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 25, 2014

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Jeremy Calhart

On one hand, there are no convents nearby that Father Calhart is aware of, and it is conceivably possible that Fitzer could get his hands on a nun's habit if he really wanted to. On the other hand, why would he do that? The priest feels that his paranoia is about to get the better of him.
There was no metal sound before. You're just hearing things, because you have been stuck in your house for five days and you're losing it. He peeks again at the disappearing figure. He still can't bring himself to call to her.
Oh Lord, please don't make me regret this. He thinks, as he sneaks out of his own door, going after the nun and half whispering "Sister! Sister!"

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 10:09 on May 25, 2014

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Jeremy Calhart

Seeing the change in the familiar hallway causes Father Calhart's heart to sink into his chest.
He turns towards the door that leads to his safe, safe apartment, only to see that it too has become a locked, metal barrier between him and security. When he hears the nun talk to him, he whips his head towards her, wondering if he has finally fallen asleep and this is nothing but a crazy nightmare. Yet he feels awake, much too lucid for this to be a dream; the fear induced adrenaline rush is keeping him aware and energetic.

Wheter this is a dream or not, I certainly can't come back home now. When the nun talks, he whips his head towards her considering his options. I might as well follow her. If nothing else, some prayer and spiritual concentration would do me good.
"A-alright sister, let's go." He reaches the nun and starts going down the stairs, mumbling to himself: "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me..."

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Jeremy Calhart

Father Calhart doesn't know what to make of this. It doesn't look (it doesn't feel) like a dream -at least not any dream he's ever had until now- but this certainly cannot be real. He has read somewhere that, in dreams, everything is a symbol created by the subconscious, but he can't understand for the life of him what this situation is supposed to represent.
His eyes go from one door to the other, reflecting: Their colors are clearly inspired by the yin-yang symbol, but what could they mean? He is no expert in oriental religions and has no idea what he could be associating with that symbol.
He takes a second look at the nun, right where her eyes should be. She (is it even a she?) is disquieting, without a doubt, but she's been passably friendly up until now; maybe in this dreamlike situation, it could be helpful to have with him a person symbolizing his religion, his faith. But if she's supposed to be my faith, why is she faceless? He stares at her featureless face and feels a shiver creeping up his spine. Still, might as well ask.
"Will you come with me, sister?"

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 5, 2014

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Jeremy Calhart
"Very well then."
The priest takes a deep breath and walks up to the mostly white door. Once up there, he takes a quick look at the other one, wondering...

But then he steels himself, grabs the black handle and enters the church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

((Rolling 3 Discipline dice and 3 Madness dice to outrun the nun, in case it's needed. Discipline: 1, 6, 6 Madness: 6, 5, 1))

Jeremy Calhart

Father Calhart looks at the hooked cross. He never noticed up until now, but the cross... it's an instrument of torture, isn't it? A way to kill someone slowly and painfully; and yet it's the symbol of his religion. What does that say about...?

But his thoughts are interrupted when he realizes what does his hostess have in store for him: his eyes go wide with realization and he starts mouthing "No no no no no no no..."
He runs like a madman towards one of the southern corridor, the one opposite where he is now; the instinct of a prey telling him to put as much distance as possible between him and the predator. His heart pounding, his lungs devouring air, adrenalyne coursing through his veins like it hasn't since he was a boy, he dodges into a descending stairwell, barely noticing the stink of sulfur as he's descending the stairs three at a time.
He stops when he notices that there isn't much light anymore- or rather there is, but it's even deeper down, after the stairs take a turn; he knows, with the odd clarity of dreams, that whatever is down there is going to be horrible to see. But will it be worse than taking Christ's place on a cross?
He looks up the stairs, hoping that the nun hasn't followed him.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 19, 2014

• Locked thread