Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
:siren:
If you want to learn what this weird game is, check out the main League of Legends thread
If you want to talk about competitive games while they go on, check out that thread
:siren:

Riot Games just released a fantasy league for the LCS. The LCS is the premier competitive circuit for the videogame League of Legends, and the fantasy league encompasses both the European and American LCS. The Fantasy Leagues will run for the upcoming Summer split.

Learn how to play here: http://fantasy.na.lolesports.com/en-US/how-to-play

How to Make a League
Every league has eight players. You will all need to be present when the draft happens.

How to Make a Team
When constructing a team you can choose 7 players, one for every position and one flex pick from any position. You also choose 3 subs who can replace one of your main players on a given weak. You also choose one of the teams to be the team you track.

Then, throughout the split you are scored on the following metrics:

Players
Kills: 2 pts
Deaths: -0.5 pts
Assists: 1.5 pts
CS: 0.01 pts
Triple Kill: 2 bonus pts
Quadra Kill: 5 bonus pts
Penta Kill: 10 bonus pts
10+ Kills / Assists: 2 bonus pts

Teams
First Blood: 2 pts
Dragons taken: 1 pt
Barons taken: 2 pts
Towers destroyed: 1 pt
Victory: 2 pts

Use this thread to discuss the games, cry about how bad your Darien pick was, and try to convince your opponents to not start Bjergsen.

Current Leagues:

Flameingblack posted:

Silver Squid ran by Luna Was Here
GoonSkype ran by Frgrbrgr (This is guys who are in the LCS Gameday skype calls, so it's probably more closed than SilverSquid)

[quote="occipitallobe" post="429704662"

I made this team for Oceania goons if we can get enough to play. If we only get 4 or 6, we can remake the league for that number. You're welcome to try if you're from other regions, but I'm not sure if it'll work.

http://fantasy.lolesports.com/en-US/join/league/34366/F1Dzp9tJFpN3k65cFff1
[/quote]

semicolonsrock fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I shouldn't have drafted Diamond when I already had Meteos, and my flex spot was filled with Vasilli. Obviously Imaqtpie is never leaving my roster. Although I do have Hai and Shiphtur, so we'll see.

I think the reason I always lose these things is because I choose players I like, not necessarily players who will do well...

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Does anyone else think that first blood being worth 2 points for a team is way too heavily weighted? I haven't like run numbers or anything, but that seems like a lot for something that isn't as outcome-based as like towers or dragons or something.

I also kinda wish that dragons/barons would be weighted by in-game percentage instead of raw numbers, if a team like C9 two splits ago dominates the majority of their games and ends them in like an average of 24 minutes or whatever that should be worth more points than an EG/CRS slapfest that goes like a full hour. Wins that take less time being weighted more heavily than longer wins would be pretty cool.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
I'll play in a league if someone has space to fill.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Here's the links for the leagues so far. If you're linking a League make sure you link the URL to let people join, otherwise it just tells users "Not a member of this league" and they can't do anything

Silver Squid ran by Luna Was Here
GoonSkype ran by a literal cat. In real life. (This is guys who are in the LCS Gameday skype calls, so it's probably more closed than SilverSquid)

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 16, 2014

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

dalstrs posted:

I'll play in a league if someone has space to fill.

Silver Squids, linked in the OP, has open spaces. http://fantasy.na.lolesports.com/en-US/league/3392 e:f,b

Power of Pecota posted:

Does anyone else think that first blood being worth 2 points for a team is way too heavily weighted? I haven't like run numbers or anything, but that seems like a lot for something that isn't as outcome-based as like towers or dragons or something.

I also kinda wish that dragons/barons would be weighted by in-game percentage instead of raw numbers, if a team like C9 two splits ago dominates the majority of their games and ends them in like an average of 24 minutes or whatever that should be worth more points than an EG/CRS slapfest that goes like a full hour. Wins that take less time being weighted more heavily than longer wins would be pretty cool.

I agree, especially about First Blood. I think the graphic I saw from All Stars actually had less than 50% of the teams that got first blood winning the game, and for pretty much every event before that it was ~50%.

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Sign me up for this, looks fun.

EDIT: Aaaaand site immediately crashes.

Sushipants fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 16, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Fill up SilverSquid first so we can start drafting! :siren:

http://fantasy.na.lolesports.com/en-US/league/3392

I don't even care if I don't get to pickup QTPie, I've just been wanting a smurf called "DeathcapforQT" for a long time, and now I'm achieving my big dick club fantasies.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

Previous Jesus posted:

Silver Squids, linked in the OP, has open spaces. http://fantasy.na.lolesports.com/en-US/league/3392 e:f,b

I agree, especially about First Blood. I think the graphic I saw from All Stars actually had less than 50% of the teams that got first blood winning the game, and for pretty much every event before that it was ~50%.

I think we broke their website.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I think the better qtpie-themed team name would zStinkLosers430z

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Silver Squids link does not work for me at all and I see I am going to have some gimmick Ben Gibbard/QTPie reference competition :argh:

The first blood points are obviously to give an edge to everyone who knows that Kiwikid cannot help but secure kills.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

The Silver Squids link does not work for me at all and I see I am going to have some gimmick Ben Gibbard/QTPie reference competition :argh:

The first blood points are obviously to give an edge to everyone who knows that Kiwikid cannot help but secure kills.

My link is the wrong one. Flamingblack's link should work but the website is currently broken, it appears.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Website works again! Can we make a whole league based on QTPie names?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Flameingblack posted:

Website works again! Can we make a whole league based on QTPie names?

Website is still broken for me so save a spot for me in the League of QTPie.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

GoonSkype ran by Frgrbrgr (This is guys who are in the LCS Gameday skype calls, so it's probably more closed than SilverSquid)

Just a minor thing, but this is run by somebody named "Cat," I just posted it.

Hopefully that person is a real cat, because that would be cute.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

This appears to be kinda stupid, and I have no idea what the pro scene is like at all, but why the hell not.

If nothing else, I can pretend to be excited when someone on my team does something cool.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Ayyyy, SilverSquids just filled up.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Hellioning posted:

This appears to be kinda stupid, and I have no idea what the pro scene is like at all, but why the hell not.

If nothing else, I can pretend to be excited when someone on my team does something cool.

The only thing you really need to know is that Westrice is probably the best player in NA and you should try to draft him as soon as you can.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Angry Walrus posted:

Ayyyy, SilverSquids just filled up.

LET'S DO THIS.

Edit: I call Meteos.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

AttackBacon posted:

LET'S DO THIS.

Edit: I call Meteos.
That's not at all how drafting works!

and just a reminder! This is combined LCS so you can draft EU or NA (Although EU sucks so after Rekkles is gone there's no one worth picking up at all)

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 16, 2014

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

So the draft takes place in realtime? Do you think you get randomed a player or the this just cancels if people don't pick in time?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Flameingblack posted:

That's not at all how drafting works!

and just a reminder! This is combined LCS so you can draft EU or NA (Although EU sucks so after Rekkles is gone there's no one worth picking up at all)

You're just mad I called Meteos first.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

AttackBacon posted:

You're just mad I called Meteos first.
I pick before you :D

Hellioning posted:

So the draft takes place in realtime? Do you think you get randomed a player or the this just cancels if people don't pick in time?
Takes place in real-time, but I don't know how we deal with people who aren't drafting anyone. Hope there's an option for the owner to skip them/random them a person.

e: It says you have one minute to draft a player goodluck getting 8 random people together to do that!

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 16, 2014

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Even if we do get to drafting, the website's been hovering off and on all day.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hellioning posted:

Even if we do get to drafting, the website's been hovering off and on all day.

Yeah, I can't even log in.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
WARNING: it drafts in realtime and doesn't pause for players who aren't there, so make sure your whole league is on and ready or it will suck.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

foutre posted:

WARNING: it drafts in realtime and doesn't pause for players who aren't there, so make sure your whole league is on and ready or it will suck.

This seems like a bad idea. I mean, I guess it's for real life friends, or something? IDK, that doesn't seem like a good decision.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Everyone in Silver Squids, get ready for drafting!

Sorry for afk I was busy eating chicken.

Smettbo
Sep 18, 2008
Does the draft happen on command, or does it start the moment your league fills up?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Smettbo posted:

Does the draft happen on command, or does it start the moment your league fills up?

On command, although it doesn't give you the prompt to start the draft until your league is filled

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
I'M READY. I'm so ready.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Well, with the way drafting works, it seems like we should coordinate it more. Maybe set up a time where everyone is free and then have a Skype call or something?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
OK semi-fake enthusiasm aside, it's probably a good idea to hold off a bit, especially with how much downtime the site is having right now. I'll be gone until Sunday so I wouldn't be able to draft until then though.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I think everyone is online right now, just waiting on Servaetes I do believe. We could do this tonight if everyone is up for it so long as Servaetes doesn't yoink off on us

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Previous Jesus posted:

Well, with the way drafting works, it seems like we should coordinate it more. Maybe set up a time where everyone is free and then have a Skype call or something?

Yeah, I'm not sure if the current set up is very good for 'random strangers, join my fantasy team!' It makes more sense for people who are close friends that can do that sort of thing.

And the website keeps dying.

occipitallobe
Jul 16, 2012

So uh, I think you can't join leagues if your summoner name is from a different region.

I made this team for Oceania goons if we can get enough to play. If we only get 4 or 6, we can remake the league for that number. You're welcome to try if you're from other regions, but I'm not sure if it'll work.

http://fantasy.lolesports.com/en-US/join/league/34366/F1Dzp9tJFpN3k65cFff1

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

I think everyone is online right now, just waiting on Servaetes I do believe. We could do this tonight if everyone is up for it so long as Servaetes doesn't yoink off on us

I have two finals tomorrow that I need to study for so it would probably be best for me if we did it another time, since I'm not sure how long it will take.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Luna Was Here posted:

I'm down, the site just keeps tarding out everythime I reload it :(

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
I'm about to head out, but I'll check online late tonight, 9-10PM Pacific. Probably our best option is just a set time when we can all be on, I'm guaranteed free all Sunday so that would be best for me, but I can try to make something else work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Servaetes posted:

I'm down, the site just keeps tarding out everythime I reload it :(

Yeah, I kinda wanna wait for the site to become actually stable before we attempt to do anything with it.

• Locked thread