Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
In the alternative universe where the other team advances, who will win the NBA title
This poll is closed.
Nets 10 4.55%
Wizards 64 29.09%
Trailblazers 42 19.09%
Clippers 104 47.27%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I have an extreme degree of dislike for all four remaining teams, so my hope is for a Pacers/Spurs finals in order to disappoint the maximum amount of people in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Libertine posted:

I have an extreme degree of dislike for all four remaining teams, so my hope is for a Pacers/Spurs finals in order to disappoint the maximum amount of people in the world.
how can you dislike this :saddowns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQeVAX6KxNo
He wants your heart, Libertine. :gay:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Libertine posted:

How can you hate the Pacers and their amazing scoring forward Chris Copeland

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Libertine posted:

I do too, but I really hate every member of the press who spent years saying that Lebron sucked, and I'd like to see them look even stupider as Lebron wins another championship

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WEREWAIF posted:

I do too, but I really hate every member of the press who spent years saying that Lebron sucked, and I'd like to see them look even stupider as Lebron wins another championship

I don't think anyone thought he sucked though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
@SportBlogNYC: BREAKING: Deron Williams does not want to play for the Brooklyn Nets anymore. He wants out.

Wonder what the Nets will look like next season.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Exhibit One on Why the Great Unwashed Masses of Fans Without Teams in the Playoffs Should Support the Spurs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwcNEXni0QM

Exhibit Two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnDwFTRG0Bg

we've got bad shoes and dunking redheads, what more could you want really.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Spacebump posted:

@SportBlogNYC: BREAKING: Deron Williams does not want to play for the Brooklyn Nets anymore. He wants out.

I bet that Prokhorov lent him a painting and he lost it!

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

MourningView posted:

Sure they did before he won his championships. Tons of press was talking mess about lebron. Now no one does but I can only assume he was talking about before he won a ring.

Hell we just had a paper call out KD this year.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Maybe the team really doesn't care.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Spacebump posted:

That guy who posted the Lin/Asik for Williams/Plumlee swap yesterday was a prophet from the future.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Vire posted:

Sure they did before he won his championships. Tons of press was talking mess about lebron. Now no one does but I can only assume he was talking about before he won a ring.

They gave him like three MVPs before that.

They thought he was a choker, which is also silly, but no one thought he sucked.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Spacebump posted:

If you can't trust SportBlogNYC, Your Number One Source for all Sports!, who can you trust

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

MourningView posted:

They gave Kevin Durant a near unanimous MVP this year. Doesn't stop some idiots talking about him.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Deron for Kanter/Burke/International War Criminal Gordon Hayward

Vire posted:

They gave Kevin Durant a near unanimous MVP this year. Doesn't stop some idiots talking about him.

No one thinks he sucks either, you dingus.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Inudeku posted:

KD bout to go crazy to take a 3-0 lead on the spurs shooting fantastically. Then he will shoot below 40 percent and average 10 turnovers a game. He will lose a game 7 at the buzzer from a kawhi leonard steal + 30 foot 3halfcourt slam.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

TheFallenEvincar posted:

how can you dislike this :saddowns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQeVAX6KxNo
He wants your heart, Libertine. :gay:

"And I remember, when I held you in my arms
You would say that you loved it, that you were at Nirvana
You made me better, I had a heart of stone
Of Cupid you were the arrow, my heart was the target"

pretty deep imo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Deron is kind of out of luck unless he wants to play for the Bobcats or something.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

MourningView posted:

They thought he was a choker, which is also silly, but no one thought he sucked.

They also said he quit on the team the day after his last game in Cleveland. A game where he had a triple double and the number 2 option was Mo Williams.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Rick posted:

Deron is kind of out of luck unless he wants to play for the Bobcats or something.

Felton for Williams straight up, make it happen Phil

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

MourningView posted:

Deron for Kanter/Burke/International War Criminal Gordon Hayward

No one thinks he sucks either, you dingus.

I'm sorry MourningView I don't know if you are just being purposely obtuse or just plain dumb. We are pretty clearly talking about Lebron's detractors not people who think he is a bad basketball player. Note I never actually said people thought he sucked.

If you think WEREWAIF was actually talking about someone thinking lebron was bad instead of just saying he wants to see more schadenfreude from his detractors you are being silly.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Felton for Williams straight up, make it happen Phil

They won't even have to move very far and Felton would still have convenient access to the NY Judicial Courts!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Spacebump posted:

:laffo:

I hear they have a good basketball team in Siberia

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Vire posted:

I'm sorry MourningView I don't know if you are just being purposely obtuse or just plain dumb. We are pretty clearly talking about Lebron's detractors not people who think he is a bad basketball player. Note I never actually said people thought he sucked.

MourningView posted:

Vire posted:

hmmmm.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

What is this thing called context and connotation!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Vire posted:

What is this thing called context and connotation!

He literally said no one said he sucked for which you said yeah they did.

Context ain't fixing that hole.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

CharlestheHammer posted:

He literally said no one said he sucked for which you said yeah they did.

Context ain't fixing that hole.

You're right we should only ever be literal here on something awful dot com. My mistake.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The better question is: does anyone care?

That D-Will is talented I wish my shots got that close to the rim

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

hitze posted:

RIP Thunder. Spurs in 4

Why hasnt that so called Cowboy fan Lebron taken a picture with or invite Romo to a game yet dammit

Spacebump posted:

Had your chance bruh

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Marv Albert told Kerr to not take the Knicks job

quote:

"Well, I told him it never ends well there. Just look at recent history. It's because of one man (Dolan)," Albert told me Thursday over the telephone. "There is no happiness there. I say this with all kinds of friends I have there and (the ones) at the MSG Network. Everybody hates being there. For coaches it's very difficult. Steve couldn't accept anyone (from MSG's PR staff) following him around with a tape recorder. Like Phil [Jackson], Steve is a guy who wants to say what he wants to say," Albert continued. "He's very opinionated, which doesn't always work when you are at the Garden."

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

the_american_dream posted:

Why hasnt that so called Cowboy fan Lebron taken a picture with or invite Romo to a game yet dammit

He's smart enough to know to stay away and avoid that curse.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The New York Knicks- There is no happiness there.
:smith:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The Bobcats officially become the Hornets next Tuesday, so mark your calendars.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Nets are going to be really amazing after they bottom out. Imagine this years 76ers team, but for like a 5+ year stretch.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Maybe he's one of Those Cowboy Fans. Although LeBron hating someone for allegedly being a choker would be pretty funny.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Was just thinking that actually because I was joking at first but with Romo's openness towards meeting any and every one famous ever and Lebron being Lebron it really is kind of weird they havent connected

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Some crazy stuff coming out of NY

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=10934685&city=newyork&src=desktop

quote:

Melo knows the Knicks had a chance at LaMarcus Aldridge and blew it. He knows they snubbed a trade that would've brought Rajon Rondo to New York or Kyle Lowry in a separate deal. All season, he sat around, played hard and averaged 27 points per game, while the Knicks stood idly by and did nothing -- primarily because Dolan wouldn't allow them to, telling the team in multiple meetings that the players weren't going anywhere.

Brian Shaw also reportedly trying to get out of Denver to come coach the Knicks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Some crazy stuff coming out of NY

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=10934685&city=newyork&src=desktop

Brian Shaw also reportedly trying to get out of Denver to come coach the Knicks.

All these players are staying put... but let's get rid of our first rounders anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Sorry yall, Wade hasnt retired or died yet and I actually still legit like Indy :blush:

I feel ya, man.

I feel ya.

• Locked thread