Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
In the alternative universe where the other team advances, who will win the NBA title
This poll is closed.
Nets 10 4.55%
Wizards 64 29.09%
Trailblazers 42 19.09%
Clippers 104 47.27%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a slime
Apr 11, 2005

IF basketball coaches were wizards, what do you think the penalties would be like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Exhibit One on Why the Great Unwashed Masses of Fans Without Teams in the Playoffs Should Support the Spurs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcX4w2NpFbk
Manu Ginobili killed a bat then after the game he took its corpse and threw it on the front steps of the mother bat's cave. Anti-bat people and folks who generally do not like bugs will love this team.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Is that LaMarcus Aldridge thing supposed to be this year? There's no way the Blazers would have done any trade the Knicks could have put together

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Yeah I think LMA was last year while Rondo was this year.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Some crazy stuff coming out of NY

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=10934685&city=newyork&src=desktop

Brian Shaw also reportedly trying to get out of Denver to come coach the Knicks.

Lol. Maybe he shouldn't have signed that contract.

Aximus
Aug 18, 2010
This just popped up on my wall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St5PLcxZy44

Aximus fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 16, 2014

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

a slime posted:

IF basketball coaches were wizards, what do you think the penalties would be like.

That's a good question that I'm not certain I can answer

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Boozer.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Lost it at the Spurs part.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Everyone should watch this.

Boozer as Hodor carry Rose as Bran was hilarious.

kontona
May 3, 2003

that was awesome.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
There were also heavy Lowry rumors this year but Ujiri refuses to be stupid in Dolan's favor.

WEREWAIF posted:

That's a good question that I'm not certain I can answer

I think you'd need to define wizard, are we talking backwards-moving Merlins who already know the game's outcome or Gandalfs who have a mission and seem proficient in all things from sword-fighting to mystery-solving but no clearly delineated powers or standard RPG Mages who have a few useful spells with associated costs and all possibilities of alignments?

I think the only thing we can say for certain right now is that Dick Bavetta would be the most powerful referee all in the land and the rest would defer to his aged wisdom.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

OK looks like I'm hoping for Miami to win at least one more round. (Two if OKC go through.)

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm still laughing. The Lakers part was the best

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Some crazy stuff coming out of NY

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=10934685&city=newyork&src=desktop

Brian Shaw also reportedly trying to get out of Denver to come coach the Knicks.

When can the Bulls sign him?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Looking forward to the Australian NBA site ignoring the Miami/Indiana series and having lots of front page stories about how important Baynes, Mills and Adams are to their respective squads.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

whiggles posted:

It's always funny to me how inevitable it seems to me once we've reached this point when in fact if you asked me on day one I would have said "Bulls parade in June, Derrick Rose wins second MVP, Reggie Rose 6th man of the year playing with Deng's harvested spinal fluid."

Bulls and Rockets were two teams a ton of people had going to the final four.

The Asian Oprah posted:

I would say all four teams have a pretty good shot at the title at this point, but whoever wins what's most important is that both teams play hard.

Looking at all the team stats I'd be really surprised if the Pacers won the title although I wouldn't be shocked if they got to the finals. To a lesser extent I have the same feelings about the Spurs. The Spurs don't have an MVP caliber player and the vast majority of championship teams usually have one or more.

nagel
Sep 19, 2005

We formed a wall once.

That was great.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Asian Oprah posted:

There were also heavy Lowry rumors this year but Ujiri refuses to be stupid in Dolan's favor.

I think you'd need to define wizard, are we talking backwards-moving Merlins who already know the game's outcome or Gandalfs who have a mission and seem proficient in all things from sword-fighting to mystery-solving but no clearly delineated powers or standard RPG Mages who have a few useful spells with associated costs and all possibilities of alignments?

I think the only thing we can say for certain right now is that Dick Bavetta would be the most powerful referee all in the land and the rest would defer to his aged wisdom.

Certainly, one penalty would be the offending coach being tangled in impenetrable vines

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

gently caress

Also RIP

hitze fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 16, 2014

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
That'll do it.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I don't even think it's gonna make a difference, just more Collison and Adams falling down and getting whistles blown.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

spacejung posted:

I don't even think it's gonna make a difference, just more Collison and Adams falling down and getting whistles blown.

Serge Ibaka is really good.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Doc Rivers' Revenge :unsmigghh:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Their spacing is gonna go to complete poo poo without him, probably their defense too.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

MourningView posted:

Serge Ibaka is really good.

Well I was half sarcastic. Does this mean we'll witness the return of Jeremy Lamb?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Ugh. gently caress this.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

spacejung posted:

Well I was half sarcastic. Does this mean we'll witness the return of Jeremy Lamb?

No. Make sure to adjust your playoff picks to include more minutes for Fisher and Perkins.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

That James Harden trade looking real good

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

spacejung posted:

Nah, just more floor time for Adams. I don't think the Spurs have any front court players for him to piss off to the point of ejection, though.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Is this going to make any sense if I don't watch that show

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

hitze posted:

Also RIP

That Romo curse don't play

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Kibner posted:

Nah, just more floor time for Adams. I don't think the Spurs have any front court players for him to piss off to the point of ejection, though.
Yeah, that's the problem with Perkins when facing the Spurs too, his "style" is really ineffective against the moods of the Robo-Spurs.

Maybe Matt Bonner has a hidden well of rage inside of him waiting to be provoked though. :v:

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Incoming Bill Simmons column.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Yeah, that's the problem with Perkins when facing the Spurs too, his "style" is really ineffective against the moods of the Robo-Spurs.

Maybe Matt Bonner has a hidden well of rage inside of him waiting to be provoked though. :v:

Matt Bonner told the children not to ask about his New Balance deal, but instead to ask about the rage inside of him

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rufus Lynx has a retirement video.
http://www.nba.com/bobcats/video/2014/05/16/RufusRetirementVideofinalmp4-3272687/

It'd be kind of funny if random Hornets fans occasionally showed up to games dressed as Rufus.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
What if Oden goes wild and bashes Hibbert's skull off

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD

hitze posted:

That James Harden trade looking real good

Agreed, Thunder would be sunk for sure at this point if they hadn't picked up Adams.

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD
Get ready for me to post this in every GDT for the rest of the run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0ofJko3Piw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

whiggles posted:

Get ready for me to post this in every GDT for the rest of the run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0ofJko3Piw

Hasheem played only in the first game of the postseason, for four minute, where attempted no shots, collected no rebounds, and picked up three fouls. :eek:

• Locked thread