Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
In the alternative universe where the other team advances, who will win the NBA title
This poll is closed.
Nets 10 4.55%
Wizards 64 29.09%
Trailblazers 42 19.09%
Clippers 104 47.27%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
@ArashMarkazi now
Blake Griffin will play in the FIBA Basketball World Cup in Spain this summer.

I hope Love and Durant are still committed to playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

@SportBlogNYC: BREAKING: Deron Williams does not want to play for the Brooklyn Nets anymore. He wants out.

Wonder what the Nets will look like next season.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Some crazy stuff coming out of NY

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=10934685&city=newyork&src=desktop

Brian Shaw also reportedly trying to get out of Denver to come coach the Knicks.

Lol. Maybe he shouldn't have signed that contract.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Everyone should watch this.

Boozer as Hodor carry Rose as Bran was hilarious.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rufus Lynx has a retirement video.
http://www.nba.com/bobcats/video/2014/05/16/RufusRetirementVideofinalmp4-3272687/

It'd be kind of funny if random Hornets fans occasionally showed up to games dressed as Rufus.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The West would look so different right now if Blair wasn't suspended a game or if the Mavs hit any shots in the 4th of their first game. I thought OKC would beat the Spurs until Ibaka was injured. Does anyone here think the Pacers can win the finals? I don't see how they could stand a chance vs the Spurs. Miami probably needs to advance for the finals to be fun to watch. (unless you are a Spurs fan.)

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 17, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

chunkles posted:

Euroleague Final Maccabi Tel Aviv v. Real Madrid is gonna be on NBATV at 3 PM CST. Might be worth flipping over to for a bit if you have it.

Thanks for this post. Hopefully, I'm able to watch some of this game.

Lockback posted:

Healthy Thunder are a matchup nightmare for the Spurs, but Ibaka being out swings it. Ibaka is really important to a lot of what the Thunder do.

Completely agree with you. I really don't think the Thunder are going to be able to win that series.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 17, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

chunkles posted:

Oops I forgot to mention that's Sunday and not Saturday.

Bulls fans will definitely want to tune in and convince themselves that Mirotic will save the franchise.

I'd also like to thank you for this post, I don't have to drive halfway across Texas on Sunday.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Reminder for the few people that care, a Euroleague Final Four game replay is on NBAtv today at 3:00 (central) and the Euroleague final starts at 1. The Final isn't on NBAtv. It looks like that can be found streaming on first row.

(edited to fix time for final)

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 18, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I was wrong about the EuroLeague Final start time. The game just started.

It is streaming on espn3.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 18, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Libertine posted:

This is just one game for the win right?

It seems really dark on the floor.

Correct.
That floor does seem dark. I love all the random crowd noise.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Libertine posted:

"Rudy Fernandez crashes the offensive boards!"

That's something I've never heard in my life.

Should we setup a GDT for this or something? This game is actually really good.

Probably. It's weird that the broadcast is showing actual coaching and drawing up plays in the broadcast.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Any time someone acts like Cuban is some untouchable business guru, they to be reminded that he let Puffy Combs design some jerseys for him

He designed the green alts that say Mavs.

Kibner posted:

No Hornets Mardi Gras jersey. :(
I wish it had that jersey and the current Mavs jersey. Still awesome though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

Speaking of the Hornets, it looks like New Orleans gave them the rights to all Charlotte history and records.

Yay

Good move by the Pelicans.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Jon posted:

So does this mean that the New Orleans franchise history now begins with the Pelicans? And everything from the old Charlotte Hornets days goes to the new Charlotte Hornets? What about the history of the New Orleans Hornets -- is that Pelicans history or Charlotte Hornets history? And what about the Bobcats, like is that just stricken from the record, or does Charlotte Hornets history have a several year period of two teams at once :psyduck:

I'm fairly sure this is how it goes.
Hornets history for games played while in Charlotte return to Charlotte.
Hornets history for games played while team was in NOLA remain in NOLA.
Bobcats history will be part of Charlotte history still.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dear Draft Ping Pong Balls,

Please allow the Pelicans to keep their pick. (Preferably give them the #1) Also, don't let the Lakers or Celtics move up.

Thanks

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Dang youngsters with their backward basketball caps and shirt jerseys. Back in my days the team was called the Bobcats and they ain't ever won a playoff game.

Gerald Wallace, greatest Bobcat of all time.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Jota posted:

I don't know why you want that as a Dallas fan but go gently caress yourself

Like Kibner said, I spent time living in New Orleans. I went to a ton of Hornets games, this caused them to be my second favorite team.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

The Dallas-Hornets games must have been bittersweet while you were in New Orleans because they seemed to have the Mavs number at that time.

The series was terrible as a Mavs fan in New Orleans.

In the middle of it I was buying food on campus at Tulane when a little kid with his mom notices my Mavs shirt. He psyched himself up more and more until I had paid and was waiting on my friend behind me to pay. He proceeded to hurl insults about the Mavs being a slow/old/crappy team for a few minutes. Since it was just a little kid, I had to listen to him insult the Mavs while I waited on my friend. (who purposely took his time because he thought it was hilarious.)

Also, during that series I was walking around New Orleans in a Stackhouse jersey shirt when a car drove by and rolled down their windows to yell at me.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 21, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WEREWAIF posted:

I guess you're saying its not normal to fill your baseball cap with snack food and then to pour soda pop on the snack food and to eat all of that with your hands

What we need is bucket hats that don't leak.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'm still stunned that the Cavs won the draft lotto. It's going to be interesting to see what they do in the offseason.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

hitze posted:

How is that even possible

Grizz ownership and front office are feuding. They have fired at least two people.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

What free agent will the Cavs actually land?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

That kind of BS. Hasn't the NBA ignored that rule for a few months?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

Didn't see it posted yet but Paul George was officially diagnosed with a concussion(big surprise there, way to go letting him play after blacking out and with blurred vision). gently caress this gay earth.

DWade strikes again.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Bashez posted:

Pat Riley has 3-peat trademarked.

I've never wanted a team to lose as bad as this Heat.

I forget, which Laker did he steal that idea from in the 80s?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

See, if the Mavs had won, this series would be much more competitive. :colbert:

Also, :stare: at that Ginobli-to-Green pass, holy poo poo.

If the Mavs won, an Ibaka-less OKC would still be losing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Ty1990 posted:

By the way the Spurs are officially the betting favorite to win the title at -130. Miami is second at +125.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time in several years Miami hasn't been favored. This includes when they were down 3-2 in the finals last year. (I made a bet when they were down 3-2 with a friend that I would have to get Danny Green making 3 goggles tattooed on my back so Allen's 3 holds a special place in my heart.)

What did your friend have to do after the Heat won?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Asian Oprah posted:

I think I can hear a lil Went To College In Boston and it sucks very very bad, one of the worst ways to sound, sorry anybody.

hah thanks I forgot about the Merlin it's really amazing how many legit contenders there are for League's Dumbest Tattoo

Oh and I forgot about this earlier:

I like that Tony Parker is movie Nick Fury. I wonder if Duncan was the one who put the 3 slashes near his eyepatch.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Look man, a D&D game could break out at any time, don't you want to be prepared?

I assume after retirement Duncan will add on a comic shop to his auto shop, just so he could play D&D all day.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Duncan could play for a few more years but it really wouldn't shock me if they won a title and he retired/didn't take his player option.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WEREWAIF posted:

I remember them playing together, Pau at pf and Marc at center. Spain with the gasols, rubio, francisco garcia, and that other guy was good fun to watch.

It's a shame that Pau will be old in 2016, if Rubio learns to shoot they could still be a threat. If Rubio learns to shoot....

How far will Spain go this summer at the Basketball World Cup in Spain? My guess is 2nd place unless they encounter the US earlier than the Final.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

BIZORT posted:

Bennett will absolutely be better next year. He almost has no choice but to be

He will probably be better but for him better could mean as little as going from stinky crap to just being crap.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Now Simmons is saying that Yao Ming is rounding up Chinese investors to attempt to buy the Clippers.

If Yao buys the team, how many Clippers will the Chinese vote into the All-Star game?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

the culminator posted:

Its great we have the World Cup this year so we won't have to suffer through those horrible 2-3 months after the finals when there are no watchable sports on.

This summer is great because it has the Basketball World Cup.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Vire posted:

Apparently Lance Stephenson thinks he is playing mind games with lebron. It's impressive how dumb some of the things people will say after a lost.

This time LeBron doesn't have Dexter Pittman to help him out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WYA posted:

I hope Nerlens Noel gets drafted by the Pelicans, because in my head I always read it as "New Orleans" Noel, in a hick small town Ontario accent

They did, then they traded him and a first round pick for Jrue Holiday. Probably not the best move.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

You can dislike them, people can tell you you dislike them for dumb reasons, everything is okay. You are not going to basketball jail.

Basketball jail is the worst, they don't allow dunks.

the_american_dream posted:

I know man im just so tired of being called salty it hurts my feelings

If most people's teams lost a Finals due to poor reffing, they'd dislike them as well.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

What will happen is the year duncan retires a phenom will be in the draft and the spurs will get the first pick and be in the title hunt once again

You forgot the coach Duncan replacing Pop part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

Lot o'smoke locally about the Mavs making a run for him.

He's a second tier on the Ellis level that they'd maybe possibly even have a chance to get!!

edit: theoretically

I thought I read on Dallasbasketball.com that the Mavs weren't interested in Lance.

• Locked thread